What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Way to get Tickets for a Broadway Show? (1 Viewer)

On The Rocks

Evil Conservative
Was thinking of buying tickets to see Wicked for an Anniversary Weekend in NYC for my Mrs.

I had no idea how much they would be, and I'm not surprised they are between $190-290 but was hoping they would be a tad lower.

Does anyone have any tips for getting best price / best seat tickets?  Without buying from an individual on the sidewalk minutes before showtime?

Does anyone know of any hotel/show packages?

TIA

Had great success at the TKTS booth two weeks ago in NYC.  Got great tickets to An American in Paris on Tuesday and Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time on a Saturday.

Had great success at the TKTS booth two weeks ago in NYC.  Got great tickets to An American in Paris on Tuesday and Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time on a Saturday.
What did you think of AiP? A little more dancing than I anticipated..

https://www.tdf.org/nyc/7/TKTS-ticket-booths

You are buying the day of the show, but these are 100% legit.
The only issue is they might not have Wicked available the days he's there, if that's what they're set on. Are there as many options on weekends as weekdays? We've only used it weekdays. If you're flexible on what you're willing to see, agree that it's the best bet. You can also monitor the availability for a week or so and if Wicked is available every day, that can give you some more confidence it will be when you're up here.

www.broadwaybox.com is usually a good site as well. 

The answer to your question is A)online and B)in advance.  You have to plan for broadway shows to get the best bang for the buck and like most things, there are best times and worst times. 

Buying tix to a broadway play on Easter, Mother's day, etc and not buying until the 11th hour is not good on the wallet.

I saw Wicked in NYC, BTW< and it was awesome!

What did you think of AiP? A little more dancing than I anticipated..
Agreed.  Was a little disappointed.  Also seemed like the biggest musical numbers were sang by the lower characters, which was weird and the guy playing Henri wasn't that great of a singer. 

OTOH, Curious Incident was outstanding.  Best play I've ever seen.

Want a deal? Don't go see the shows that everyone else wants. There are a ton of great shows, go see something not quite as popular. 

We we just saw Something Rotten and it was fantastic, very funny. I have seen Wicked as well and both are on par, equally good 

https://www.tdf.org/nyc/7/TKTS-ticket-booths

You are buying the day of the show, but these are 100% legit.
TKTS almost never has tickets for Wicked.

OTR, i am taking the kids to NYC in late June and we were also hoping to see Wicked. I have searched and searched but cannot find anything for much of a discount. I don't really want to spend $200 per ticket, so we will either sit way in the back, or do TKTS for something like School of Rock.

One thing i did was download the TKTS app, and i check it most days to see what's available that day. Trying to get a read on feasibility (recognizing that summer might be more crowded).

Now I'm a Broadway addict, but in all honesty I don't think you are going to feel cheated after dropping $300-400 for a pair of tickets to a show like Wicked. The songs, choreography, production value are all top notch. 

I'd buy some center orchestra tickets rather than try to save a few dollars at TKTS for a show your wife isn't as interested in. 

Broadway isn't cheap but even a show like American in Paris where I was slightly underwhelmed there is still so much to appreciate. 

Big thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Spent the weekend in NYC, strolled Central Park, caught Wicked, on Saturday night, took in a walk on the High Line.

And spent a small fortune at B&H Photo.

Wicked was amazing & the High Line is really great!  Especially if you get  there early enough before crowds begin to swell.

Users who are viewing this thread