What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My life after the passing of my wife - 6 years later!!! (2 Viewers)

cheeseypoof

Footballguy
Not my usual style but it can't hurt.   I'm asking for the collective thoughts, prayers, well wishes, good vibes, etc. of the FFA.

My wife needs a liver transplant as a result of cirrhosis due to auto immune hepatitis.  She is currently in the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.  This is her 4th hospitalization this year (3rd since mid March) to deal with side effects of the malfunctioning liver.  She is currently on both the Penn Ready and UNOS liver transplant lists.  Her doctor upgraded her status on the list to try a get her an organ as soon as possible.

It has been painful to watch the slow but steady decline in her health the past 18 months.  I have learned just how incredibly strong she is.  She was still working as of 2 days ago, refusing to be held hostage to the disease.  She has provided inspiration to me and many people that know her.

So here I sit in her hospital room looking out the window towards center city Philadelphia contemplating life.

Thanks for listening.

Cheeseypoof

Last edited by a moderator:
Not my usual style but it can't hurt.   I'm asking for the collective thoughts, prayers, well wishes, good vibes, etc. of the FFA.

My wife needs a liver transplant as a result of cirrhosis due to auto immune hepatitis.  She is currently in the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.  This is her 4th hospitalization this year (3rd since mid March) to deal with side effects of the malfunctioning liver.  She is currently on both the Penn Ready and UNOS liver transplant lists.  Her doctor upgraded her status on the list to try a get her an organ as soon as possible.

It has been painful to watch the slow but steady decline in her health the past 18 months.  I have learned just how incredibly strong she is.  She was still working as of 2 days ago, refusing to be held hostage to the disease.  She has provided inspiration to me and many people that know her.

So here I sit in her hospital room looking out the window towards center city Philadelphia contemplating life.

Thanks for listening.

Cheeseypoof
prayers to your wife cheesey.

do you know the average waiting period for a liver? my sister has been on the kidney list in FL. for a little bit now.

prayers to your wife cheesey.

do you know the average waiting period for a liver? my sister has been on the kidney list in FL. for a little bit now.
Not sure.  Depends on your MELD (Model for End Stage Liver Disease) score.  30 is about when surgery happens.  Her MELD has jumped from low teens to high twenties in 6 months.

T&P cheese.  My wife has PSC so I'm with you.  My understanding is that the transplant is the cure for these autoimmune diseases. 

Ahhh cool. I'm working in Cinnaminson now.

What are the plans for the next few hours/days?

Just wait and see? Any other family around?
We're hoping it's a relatively short stay while they stabilize her sodium levels.  Then we sit and wait for the call that an organ is available.  We are tied to a 2 hour window of Penn.  We have to be there within 2 hours when the call comes.  Cell phone on and by our sides 24/7.

Our son met us at the hospital (he goes to college up the street at the Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College).  He's meeting up with friends in the morning while I go back to the hospital.  Then we'll both go back for the afternoon and evening.  Her parents, brother & SIL and some Aunts & Uncles are in the Trenton area.  Think her parents plan on stopping by tomorrow.

Oh man, so sorry to hear. Glad she is keeping strong. That is key in the battle. Sending many ts & ps for all to go smoothly and for her to come out of this healthier than ever! Gods speed.. X

This is also why I'm a huge fan of organ donation. I don't get people who say no. You're gone. You don't need it anymore. Give it to someone who does.

Users who are viewing this thread