battlestar

When Will MyFBG be Ready for 2016?

24 posts in this topic

Hey fellas,

just wondering when you anticipate having myfbg back up and ready to rock for 2016?  I love being able to see my team compared to rankings.

thanks

double bump....for us Dynasty players with Early Auctions

Hey guys,

They're some changes to MyFBG for this year; we're bringing a lot more of the tech in house and making efforts so long term, what MyFBG does is more integrated with everything Footballguys offers.

We got ahead of the game in January/February while 2015 leagues were still open for testing, but there's still some work to do where we've had to wait for 2016 leagues to open.

So for this season we have some really exciting plans for league integration, using this data in more different and more useful ways. The downside is, that we need more of the preseason to get this setup. The target date is early-mid August, before most leagues draft.

I know that puts dynasty leagues in a tough spot. We're looking to see if there's things we can do there as a short term patch.

We really appreciate everyone's patience with this. The wait will be worth it, we're confident!

Thanks for the reply Simon, it is appreciated.  As a dynasty enthusiast i'd definitely be interested in anything you could provide pre-August, even if it is a pared-down version.  Seeing my teams compared to the FBG rankings is one of my favourite off-season activities, which is highly useful for determining off-season targets via trade of waiver pickups.

I agree. Thank you for the notice. Unfortunately for most of us, mid august will be too late for us on dynasty leagues to get any use of it pre-draft/auction.

Thanks for the updates.  Stinks for this summer, but hopefully it's an improvement going forward.

Hopefully part of the improvement is making the league setup a little more detailed to match the progress league scoring has made over the years.

8 hours ago, snellman said:

Hopefully part of the improvement is making the league setup a little more detailed to match the progress league scoring has made over the years.

It'll be at least equivalent to what the mobile Draft Dominator has supported in recent years. And we hope to be able to import scoring too at some point this year.

1 person likes this

I have to publicly adulate FBG for the way they handled my situation recently.  They offer a money back guarantee, and while many companies seem to make such claims, this is the first time I've ever had to use it.  Unfortunately for me, the MyFBG is the primary use of the subscription and I get the MOST use out of it right now (in the weeks/months following the NFL draft).  I requested a refund and it was processed about 12 hours later... no questions asked and no hassle.  I want to support companies like this and I'll probably end up re-upping next summer if they have everything worked out. 

Terrible timing for dynasty owners, but it sounds like they had to bite the bullet on this one.

Good to hear, Cletus.  I still use it in-season, but I also get a lot out of it for dynasty free agency and rookie drafts.

Agreed, it sucks not to have for the dynasty off-season, but for me the main reason I got MyFBG in the first place was to help with in-season line-up decisions and waiver wire claims.  Would be nice to have operational now, but there's still so much value to it anyway.  Good to hear you had a positive customer service experience, even if you couldn't get what you want out of the site.

I'm excited for next dynasty off-season when I don't have to grind the data as much myself though!

What online leagues (yahoo, CBS, NFL.com, etc.) will MyFBG work with?

It is planned to work with all 3 of those plus ESPN. MFL, FFPC, fleaflicker and RT Sports are also on the list.

Edited by Simon Shepherd

Can you tell us what some of the improvements are?  Can IDP positions have separate scoring?  IDP in the Rate My Team?  Customizable email list (ex: send me the IDP articles, not the Rushing Matchups article)?  Rudnicki's IDP waiver report linked to leagues the way Bloom's offensive one is?

1 person likes this

Glad I found this thread. I can stop checking every day to see if MyFBG is working yet.... 

Too bad the old system couldn't stay in place until the replacement was available. 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Tick said:

Can you tell us what some of the improvements are?  Can IDP positions have separate scoring?  IDP in the Rate My Team?  Customizable email list (ex: send me the IDP articles, not the Rushing Matchups article)?  Rudnicki's IDP waiver report linked to leagues the way Bloom's offensive one is?

IDP separate scoring: yes

IDP in RMT: yes

Customizable email list: no, but you will be able to very easily filter down to IDP articles on the new system

IDP waiver reports: by the end of 2016, yes

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Regis said:

Glad I found this thread. I can stop checking every day to see if MyFBG is working yet.... 

Too bad the old system couldn't stay in place until the replacement was available. 

We'd have liked to have kept it in place. But it would have meant paying on a contract for the whole of 2016 when we only used it for the preseason. 99% of our MyFBG usage is during the season after leagues have drafted; we hope you guys will agree the spend was better on the new system, once it's up and running.

It's the import into DD that I am missing right now. :(

I don't want to add all those players manually.

Thanks for the update - I'm glad to see what's coming.

I will try to keep you guys updated here as best I can. I know radio silence is really frustrating. Behind the scenes we're working really hard here.

MFL Import for DD Classic is more a q for Bruce (draftdominator@comcast.net); I don't know of a reason why it wouldn't be available soon.

Why can't the old MyFBG be available on the live site while you guys are developing and testing on a test site?

On 6/11/2016 at 3:04 AM, Ramblin Wreck said:

Why can't the old MyFBG be available on the live site while you guys are developing and testing on a test site?

I did explain this a few posts above.