Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

I'm not usually a signs guy but both these things are 100% true. The day after my mom's death a cardinal was sitting in the tree in front of my house. Never saw it there before or since. Cardinals were my mother's favorite animal and she had pictures of them and ornaments of them all over the house.

 

Today my wife and I left the hospital and in the parking lot was a truck with the vanity plate Riley 04

  • Like 30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way to go, girl! You're doing a great job as her father. I wish you all the best.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shadyridr said:

She had the seizure the day we were supposed to be discharged

Probably lucky you were still there. 

Awesome update. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Ham said:

I'd like to speak for everyone on a small point of order.  My wife felt obligated to write everyone who supported us thank you notes. She did, and it was a nice gesture, but an obligation that took months.  Please take this as a request not to bother for this motley collective!  Tell your wife especially that we overtly do not want this.  Take that time for your family.  

Speak for yourself. 

 

Once Riley is back on her feet, anything less than a 13x9 pan of lasagna delivered  from Staten Island via an immigrant on a pedal bike is going to be essentially a declaration of war.  

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AhrnCityPahnder said:

Speak for yourself. 

 

Once Riley is back on her feet, anything less than a 13x9 pan of lasagna delivered  from Staten Island via an immigrant on a pedal bike is going to be essentially a declaration of war.  

I would settle for a picture of Riley in front of Trump tower. Or maybe coming down the escalator. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

I'm not usually a signs guy but both these things are 100% true. The day after my mom's death a cardinal was sitting in the tree in front of my house. Never saw it there before or since. Cardinals were my mother's favorite animal and she had pictures of them and ornaments of them all over the house.

 

Today my wife and I left the hospital and in the parking lot was a truck with the vanity plate Riley 04

The Cardinals are playing an interleague series this week....against the Angels. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

Who ever just threw down 1055$ anonymously... you are ####### amazing!  All of you are actually ####### amazing. Every 5$ or 10$ is stupendous.

Yep!

Until they realize they meant to type in 105!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, comfortably numb said:

How is little man holding up?

Hes actually been wishing to Jesus every night and he keeps insisting she is coming home. So far no more crying other than that day. I really hope his wish comes true.

  • Like 30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you guys go to Disney you could document it in the Disney thread which would be very cool.  Just saying, I would like to see that.  Get some sleep also.  Great job being there for your son.  

Edited by PIK95
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RBM said:

:cry: #### man you got to me. 

Dusty up in here as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RBM said:

:cry: #### man you got to me. 

:goodposting:

:cry:

Edited by snogger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tears on the 16th Street Mall in Denver, Shady. Probably shouldn't have read that here and saved it for home.

All my best still heading your way.

#TeamRiley

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shady, most of us have done/said thing we are not proud of on the board and thats okay.  When the crap hits the fan there is a great crew here and just glad we can support you.

Edited by FatUncleJerryBuss
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FatUncleJerryBuss said:

Shady, most of us have done/said thing we are not proud of, and thats okay.  When the crap hits the fan there is a great crew here and just glad we can support you.

This x1000

Things like this keep me coming to FBG on a daily basis, we all put our differences aside and come together.

 

Stay strong Shady

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter Hannah said a prayer for Riley tonight.


Hannah was born 5 weeks early and was 3 lbs. 9 ozs.  She was in NICU for 5 days and I thought that was stressful.  Nothing like what you are going through with Riley.  Today Hannah is almost 12 years old and for starting so small she has made up all that ground.  She's a little ball of fire and I know that Riley can get past this and show the world what she can do too.

 

#TeamRiley

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shadyridr said:

I will give a Riley update. They have stopped her antiseizure meds. Her levels were too high which was causing her to be sleepy. Im still confused if she was in a coma or just sleepy due to high levels and maybe thats because doctors arent sure either. All i know is she opened her eyes today, we fed her (still through feeding tube) 55ml, and we held her for hours. She is a lot more active. I asked doctor if all these are signs of progress and he didnt disagree but he was hesitant to say anything more other than well see how she does without the phenobarbital. She is still on the steroids which imo was the key to her turnaround (and Justin wishing to Jesus). Im not a religious guy but if she turns things around i do think someone is out there. She is doing everything a baby should be doing on her own including eating, pooping, peeing, breathing, and even started little cries today. I really hope im not getting my hopes up here and i know she has a long tough road ahead of her but today was a good day.

 

Vinny

I'll try not to get emotional but this was looking bleak so excuse me if I get a little emotional 

I know there's an army of folks here that want to take some of those punches for Riley, sounds like she is firing back :boxing:

I know everyone here wants to help in any way they can, don't worry about responding with the right words. But the updates are very much appreciated. 

My heart goes out to you and your family Shades, one day at a time right now. Don't worry about next Tuesday, just live in the moment. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, so happy to hear today's good news.

Shady, if you'll indulge a piece of unsolicited advice, it's this: allow yourself to hope. It can be scary to hope, no doubt, but it is hope that fends off the darkness and sustains us. 

  • Like 36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigbottom said:

So, so happy to hear today's good news.

Shady, if you'll indulge a piece of unsolicited advice, it's this: allow yourself to hope. It can be scary to hope, no doubt, but it is hope that fends off the darkness and sustains us. 

Sometimes I worry if I hope too much I'm just setting myself up for a huge downfall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigbottom said:

I know. But hope is what will sustain you today, and tomorrow, and the next day.  And if the downfall comes one day despite all efforts, you will be no worse off having been able to sustain yourself between this day and that. You'll actually be better for it because the days that you have between now and then will be filled with hope and positivity, rather than resignation and despair.  Those days are going to mean the world to you and you will be glad to have made the most of them.  

She's going to make it Vinny. Hope. 

:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I know. But hope is what will sustain you today, and tomorrow, and the next day.  And if the downfall comes one day despite all efforts, you will be no worse off having been able to sustain yourself between this day and that. You'll actually be better for it because the days that you have between now and then will be filled with hope and positivity, rather than resignation and despair.  Those days are going to mean the world to you and you will be glad to have made the most of them.  

She's going to make it Vinny. Hope. 

Beautiful

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Sometimes I worry if I hope too much I'm just setting myself up for a huge downfall.

We are tempted to believe that terrible things have no power over us if we refuse to hope that they won't happen.  Quite the opposite is true.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got home not long ago from a few days in hospital. First thing, find latest and respond better to this thread. Am so very happy to hear she is doing better. I have a tough time with internet on my phone so I'm glad to be home now on my laptop to follow. I don't have the energy to sift through the whole thread, so can you link the gofundme page? I'd like to help. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers! X

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

Got home not long ago from a few days in hospital. First thing, find latest and respond better to this thread. Am so very happy to hear she is doing better. I have a tough time with internet on my phone so I'm glad to be home now on my laptop to follow. I don't have the energy to sift through the whole thread, so can you link the gofundme page? I'd like to help. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers! X

Hope you're doing ok. 

https://www.gofundme.com/23r99vpt

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I know. But hope is what will sustain you today, and tomorrow, and the next day.  And if the downfall comes one day despite all efforts, you will be no worse off having been able to sustain yourself between this day and that. You'll actually be better for it because the days that you have between now and then will be filled with hope and positivity, rather than resignation and despair.  Those days are going to mean the world to you and you will be glad to have made the most of them.  

She's going to make it Vinny. Hope. 

Quite honestly the best posting I've read in the FFA in some time (maybe ever), and not surprising considering the source. Perfectly said

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 13, 2016 at 9:57 PM, shadyridr said:

Sometimes I worry if I hope too much I'm just setting myself up for a huge downfall.

Hope is there no matter what.  

I feel like we have so much in common.  I had a daughter 3 months ago.  I have a son named Riley.  I have been to the other side of darkness - and emerged.

I have always had an uncommon bond with my Riley.  When he was born the doctor went from asking if I wanted to cut the cord to suddenly serious.  Riley came out purple.  The nurses took him to a table and worked on him for a good 90 seconds before he breathed.  I didn't either.  I had never contemplated that we could lose him, and therefore never realized how much he meant.  I have never been closer to anyone than I am him and it was forged in those moments.

I have also lost a child, and he is with me every day.  My love for him since has been tempered by God's kiln. It has a strength that can only be rendered beyond nature.

You are experiencing love in its rawest form, transformational love.  You'll never let that go, nor will those around you.  We're all so temporary and despite the self-importance we assign to ourselves, fleeting.

What we are all reminded of here is what matters, and exists outside of us.  Feeling it's there, trusting its there.  That's hope.

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Like 40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Hope is there no matter what.  

I feel like we have so much in common.  I had a daughter 3 months ago.  I have a son named Riley.  I have been to the other side of darkness - and emerged.

I have always had an uncommon bond with my Riley.  When he was born the doctor went from asking if I wanted to cut the cord to suddenly serious.  Riley came out purple.  The nurses took him to a table and worked on him for a good 90 seconds before he breathed.  I didn't either.  I had never contemplated that we could lose him, and therefore never realized how much he meant.  I have never been closer to anyone than I am him and it was forged in those moments.

I have also lost a child, and he is with me every day.  My love for him since has been tempered by God's kiln. It has a strength that can only be rendered beyond nature.

You are experiencing love in its rawest form, transformational love.  You'll never let that go, nor will those around you.  We're all so temporary and despite the self-importance we assign to ourselves, fleeting.  

What we are all reminded of here is what matters, and exists outside of us and which connects us, and can never be lost.  And that's not a Hallmark card.  I've come to truly believe it, and hope is what exists at the center, whether we acknowledge it or not.

So there it is.  You're going to be okay no matter what.  All you have to do is have the faith and belief that you can find the bond to those you love.  It's timeless... 

Must may not always be exactly what we want, but hope is feeling the love is there regardless.

Unreal. You guys who have been through some really tragic times are truly inspiring

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I know. But hope is what will sustain you today, and tomorrow, and the next day.  And if the downfall comes one day despite all efforts, you will be no worse off having been able to sustain yourself between this day and that. You'll actually be better for it because the days that you have between now and then will be filled with hope and positivity, rather than resignation and despair.  Those days are going to mean the world to you and you will be glad to have made the most of them.  

She's going to make it Vinny. Hope. 

This is some of the best advice I've read. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Michael Brown said:

Unreal. You guys who have been through some really tragic times are truly inspiring

I've been editing the post trying to hone in on what it is I'm even trying to say.  I think it's that the love is always there like a sun that shines on.  Even if the planet is facing away and it's pitch black, you have to trust that it's still there and you're destined to face it again.  

Even when it was pitch black for you, that sun was shining somewhere you can't see.  You don't have to understand or overthink it to take solace that it's true.

That sun is love and just as it sustains us, we fuel it.

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were some phenomenal posts in this thread already but those by shady, biggie and ham on this page alone are some of the most moving words I have ever read, message board or no.

I always thought the "dusty in here" guys were laying it on a little thick, but I'll be damned if I didn't join their ranks...

Keep up the good work, Riley! 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.