Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

6 hours ago, Koya said:

Shady - when you are up for it, and I know it's important to your son (and to you) to square away a little distraction time for you, and dad/son time for him... maybe we couple of us NY folks can treat you two to a ballgame - either pro or the Staten Island Yanks or game at Coney Island.   I'll be happy to pay for the tickets, perhaps someone else can grab some of the food and drink, whatever. 

We are like, OFFICIALLY part of your family now, so you better get used to having us around. 

Not to go too off topic but the NY/NJ guys getting together at Yankee Stadium would be (1) expensive as all **** and (2) worth every penny.  I'd be in in my schedule allows.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ProstheticRGK said:

Thanks for making me weep openly with that post. I have been through something similar, and I recognize the fear in your post. I recognize a lot of what that woman from the ip group wrote, as well. I will tell you that you will get through this because you are already doing all the things needed to get through it. You are being there for your kids and you wife. You are drawing on the support of your community. You are involved and advocating for Riley.

Your life will not be as you imagined it. When is life ever like you imagined? I learned to mourn my dreams and expectations that I had for my son, in private moments of self-indulgence. I never wanted to see him suffer, or struggle. I had dreams of teaching him to drive, of talking to him about girls, of watching him have his own kids. I miss those dreams, and I feel cheated not to experience them. But I had the real, honest experience of fathering a remarkable young man as he handled the very worst that life could dish out, and never faltered from the happy, strong, determined human being he was. And that experience was so much better, so much richer, than any dream I had.

Your Riley is gorgeous, brother! Your life is already better with her in it. Don't let fear take your focus away from her, or the rest of your family. I continue to hold you in my prayers, and wish you nothing but peace and strength and love.

Great post.  There's a wonderful poem that addresses the above.  It's written in the context of down syndrome children, but it more generally expresses some thoughts about the unexpected surprise that many new parents face.  shadyridr, I hope you find some comfort in it.

Welcome to Holland

Edited by tri-man 47
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I'd be down for a ny cornhole

i'll be there in july.  i'm already planning on buying otis a basket of fries.

30 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

i'll be there in july.  i'm already planning on buying otis a basket of fries.

I'll be there last week of July.  

7 minutes ago, Idiot Boxer said:

I'll be there last week of July.  

End of July could work for me - may be one of my first public appearances after my own surgery - the last one (I hope!) thank god. 

• Like 1

Fantastic news shady 

as the father of 3 girls, 5 and younger,  my heart goes out to you and your family 

my twins spent their first 2 months in the NICU, and I wouldn't wish those two months on anyone 

lots of love and prayers still coming your way 

awesome! :thumbup: 

2 hours ago, shadyridr said:

My wife would kill me but I think she looks beautiful in this pic. Amazing strong woman, where Riley got it from.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/7140/VA2VWv.jpg

No slight against Mrs Shady but I believe Riley probably got a little bit of her strength from you as well. The strength as a father, husband, and man you have shown in this thread is admirable. 

Great to see Riley enjoying some milk. Hopefully she downs that bottle like Otis downing his potatoes. 

• Like 9

Koya,

I forgot to respond to your post. Michael Brown reached out to me and offered to provide me 2 tix to a Yankee game from his season tickets package for Justin and me to go to and I accepted his generous offer although I did tell him its hard for me to plan more than 24 hours in the future right now.Trying to take day by day.

Im serious about a NY cornhole though. Ive always felt funny about going to one but not anymore. Id love to have some beers with everyone.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, shadyridr said:
Confirmation Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Placed on May 19, 2016
Purpose Donation amount
Incontinentia Pigmenti International Foundation $5,316.00 USD

Total Amount: $5,316.00 USD
pixel.gif

Great job man.

Thank you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shadyridr said:

The donation was made in the name of Footballguys FFA and Riley

So awesome!:thumbup:

3 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Koya,

I forgot to respond to your post. Michael Brown reached out to me and offered to provide me 2 tix to a Yankee game from his season tickets package for Justin and me to go to and I accepted his generous offer although I did tell him its hard for me to plan more than 24 hours in the future right now.Trying to take day by day.

Im serious about a NY cornhole though. Ive always felt funny about going to one but not anymore. Id love to have some beers with everyone.

I'm in NY right now - I live in Phoenix but I get to NY all the time.

I'd love to join, but if I can't come out for it, I'll Paypal someone some $ to have a round of drinks for Riley.

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

Koya,

IN

9 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Damn Shady, beautiful little girl, beautiful wife, are you rich?

Probably packing heat.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Thank you

3 hours ago, Righetti said:

Keep posting photos

So very much this. 

Jesus,  Shady,  I can't even imagine. Stay strong,  man. 

Jesus. I don't come around here much more but when I saw this thread...let's just say I was glad it was old so I could skip to the most current news. Very relieved for you and yours. I can't imagine anything worse. Particularly strikes home as I have #3 due in about a month.

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter.

8 hours ago, James Daulton said:

He has a loving family, so yes, yes he is.

• Like 3

They have a VEEG on her since yesterday to monitor her brain activity. Doctor just told us they see no seizures! They are lowering the steroids slightly

• Like 44

1 minute ago, shadyridr said:

They have a VEEG on her since yesterday to monitor her brain activity. Doctor just told us they see no seizures! They are lowering the steroids slightly

Awesome.  That's really great, man. Fingers crossed for continued good news.