What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Riley (5 Viewers)

I'll echo what everybody else is saying (and always easier from the outside) that the feedings and finally a timeline from the docs are really, really encouraging... but I get struggling with having to keep going through this- I don't know how you do it, but you're doing it with an amazing level of grace and humanity. 

other thought- and I tell my clients this when their projects start running a little late (never my fault!)... in a year or two or ten- they won't remember these weeks spent anxiously/angrily waiting to move in, they're remember all the amazing memories they've created since then in their amazing new homes. You'll never forget these days, shady- but soon enough they'll be just a blip in your rear-view mirror, while you, Riley and the family all live happy, healthy and amazing lives.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3159/aG8A7F.jpg

They are closing the wound tomorrow. Also she got another eye exam and everything checked out great. As long as no setbacks I'm thinking she's home by end of the week. Today is the first day I won't be visiting her in the hospital but my wife did. I'll be back tomorrow. The streak ends for me at 41 days in a row.
look at those cheeks! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
CurlyNight said:
...and the surgeons want to be extra cautious before sending her home.
Right.  It is better to make sure everything is good to go before taking her home than having a setback at home and having to take her back to the hospital for more care.  I was in NICU for 6 weeks after my son was born so it's great to see you staying strong through all of this.  You have done a great job for your daughter while she has been in the hospital and because of that she will get to come home soon with your family.  Just give it a bit more time...

El Floppo said:
other thought- and I tell my clients this when their projects start running a little late (never my fault!)... in a year or two or ten- they won't remember these weeks spent anxiously/angrily waiting to move in, they're remember all the amazing memories they've created since then in their amazing new homes. You'll never forget these days, shady- but soon enough they'll be just a blip in your rear-view mirror, while you, Riley and the family all live happy, healthy and amazing lives.
Shadyridr - As the father of two kids who spent time in the NICU (including one that had setbacks the night before she was supposed to come home twice that each resulted in an extra week in the NICU), this is so true. It is really tough emotionally when you have the high of thinking she's coming home and the low of another setback keeping her there, but you'll be amazed how fast you'll be able to put that behind you once she's home. 

In the scheme of things, two more weeks is nothing although it seems like an eternity now.  The important thing is she has a bright future post hospital stay.  

I saw the wound today. Looks good. A line of stitches and two tiny drains on each end. It's not showing much drainage which is a good thing.

Happy father's day to you Shady on Sunday. You've been strong, a great fighter and father to your girl and Justin. Looking forward to reading more good news!

My FIL said he saw a red blotch there before she went to NICU but I dont know the color or what it looked like. I first saw it after the EEG. I know shame on me for not inspecting my newborn from head to toe after she was born :(
Dude, the strength you've showed here is Herculean so I'm sure what you are doing there IRL is even moreso.  You are doing great, your wife knows she has a husband that will fight for his family, your son sees what a man does in times of stress and we are here to be a sounding board and make you laugh if at all possible.  You don't have to beat yourself up about not getting to item 5,434,234 on a list of 6,000,000 in your circumstance. 

Feeling a little guilty/depressed today. My wife's best friend went into labor today and will be having her son. She will be taking her son home before we can take Riley home. I dont know why but I feel a little bitter about it which I feel guilty about feeling bitter. Even my son was asking me if her son will be home before Riley and I said yes and he said its not fair.

You've been through a bunch shady.  Feelings of bitterness is probably completely normal in your situation.  The fact that you feel guilty about it just means you are a really good person.

The feeling will pass.  Just keep doing what you are doing and don't be too hard on yourself.

Feeling a little guilty/depressed today. My wife's best friend went into labor today and will be having her son. She will be taking her son home before we can take Riley home. I dont know why but I feel a little bitter about it which I feel guilty about feeling bitter. Even my son was asking me if her son will be home before Riley and I said yes and he said its not fair.
You're allowed to be a little bitter when life jams something like this at you.  

You're allowed to be a little bitter when life jams something like this at you.  
seriously.  frankly, the fact that you're not crying hysterically, all the time. punching random strangers for breathing.  on a bender to end all benders. still bathing.  still employed.  are all signs that you're handling this better than i think i would.

Perfectly normal feelings, believe me.

It's a tough a stressful time right now, but your baby daughter will be home soon and everyone in your family will be stronger having gone through the process. And in some point in the future, you may come across some new parents here or in real life that's going through something similar. Then you'll be able to impart your experience and wisdom to them to help get them through their tough time. It's an opportunity for us to grow together.

I have not checked in on this thread in awhile.  Seems like things are still going OK.  

Sometimes life is not fair.  You just keep fighting for your family. 

It's not fair. You don't have to pretend you're not pissed sometimes about the unfairness of it all. This is a great place to vent that frustration. We've all got your back.

My wife just called me. Riley got clearance to come home TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
####### outstanding!!!

My twins were 8 when we brought my son home. I will never forget the look on my boy twin and younger son that was in the hospital when they saw each other when we got home that day. You could not describe the joy on each other's faces.

#confettiForTeamRiley

AWESOME SHADY!@!@!@!@!@!@!@@!@!@!

Have they concluded anything about her motor functions or anything yet?     

Congrats Shady!  Great to hear!  I'm on mute on an important phone call and am beaming in my seat! 

AWESOME SHADY!@!@!@!@!@!@!@@!@!@!

Have they concluded anything about her motor functions or anything yet?     
She has right side weakness but honestly way too early to say anything at this point. Her right side seems pretty strong to me :shrug: She will start Early Intervention ASAP.

She has right side weakness but honestly way too early to say anything at this point. Her right side seems pretty strong to me :shrug: She will start Early Intervention ASAP.
I figured as much just wasn't sure if I missed an update.

:thumbup:

KEEP FIGHTING!@!@

This is the greatest feel-good thread ever.  So happy for you Shady.  Stay at work today since you are taking tomorrow off.  Hoping that you are taking the rest of the week off.  You deserve it.  Your family deserves it.   

Users who are viewing this thread