What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Riley (1 Viewer)

Posting the pic made this all that much more real.  It's really dusty here now.  I'm not much of a praying man, but I will be saying one for for you and your family tonight.

Tears in my eyes with the encouraging words everyone. 
Not sure if I've missed a post about her, I know you've mentioned how your son is taking it, but how is your wife holding up? Those new moms are crazy about their new babies so I just can't even imagine what she's going thru these last few days. 

@RBM

My wife is a mess as expected. She feels guilty because the baby got the condition genetically from her. My wife had it as a baby but did not suffer any neurological symptoms. Neither of this expected that to happen.

Also I don't know if anyone else remembers the thread but my MIL was given a few months to live and they stopped treating her lung cancer. So the whole family is going through both these things together.

Wish I could offer more than prayers. The words are truly hard to come by but hopefully this all takes a turn for the better soon and your baby gets better. The common phrase here is to stay strong brother but I can not imagine myself being able to do it in a situation like this. So, know that there a lot of people behind you. Stay strong. 

@RBM

My wife is a mess as expected. She feels guilty because the baby got the condition genetically from her. My wife had it as a baby but did not suffer any neurological symptoms. Neither of this expected that to happen.
I think it is natural for your wife to feel that way, but Riley wouldn't even exist if it weren't for your wife giving her this chance at life. Riley doesn't know what is going on. She is having sweet dreams in a sea of love. Sending good vibes your way today ...

I think it is natural for your wife to feel that way, but Riley wouldn't even exist if it weren't for your wife giving her this chance at life. Riley doesn't know what is going on. She is having sweet dreams in a sea of love. Sending good vibes your way today ...
I told her that. I don't blame my wife at all. We both wanted this baby and we both didn't realize this could happen. It's a rare complication of the disease.

Telling people who have no idea what happened when they ask how the baby is is truly horrible
That's difficult. A couple years ago Mrs O was well along in a pregnancy and we lost the baby due to a complication (had to give birth early, and she did not survive long).  It felt hokey, but I ended up making a Facebook post about it to try and avoid the difficult conversations as much as possible when people would ask "how is Mrs O feeling?  Excited for another??."  If you haven't done something like that yet, I would encourage you to do it. It doesn't catch everyone, but I found it caught most of both of our friends and family and helped a great deal in warding off difficult/upsetting conversations. 

Pulling hard for another positive update on your baby girl soon. 

Oh, and one more NYC FBG here just a bridge away and happy to help with whatever you need. 

That's difficult. A couple years ago Mrs O was well along in a pregnancy and we lost the baby due to a complication (had to give birth early, and she did not survive long).  It felt hokey, but I ended up making a Facebook post about it to try and avoid the difficult conversations as much as possible when people would ask "how is Mrs O feeling?  Excited for another??."  If you haven't done something like that yet, I would encourage you to do it. It doesn't catch everyone, but I found it caught most of both of our friends and family and helped a great deal in warding off difficult/upsetting conversations. 

I havent done that yet. Just dont have the heart to. Last time i posted pics of her was thursday, the day before this all happened.

Oh, Shady, man--that picture.  She beautiful.  Every fiber pulling for her, and your family!!!

Sorry to you and your wife, Otis.  Didn't know this.  

Righetti said:
here is another NYC FBG who would be more than happy to do something
I'm not that far away but probably too far to do anything but if for any reason you happen to need something south of the New Jersey Mason Dixon send me a note.

shadyridr said:
Tears in my eyes with the encouraging words everyone. 
And tears in my eyes with that picture, brother.  She's beautiful, and thoughts and prayers heading your way from Virginia.

Man...I honestly wasn't expecting to read good news this AM, but MAN AM I HAPPY I DID.  It's a step in the right direction!  She's a fighter!

Dude. Hang in there. I don't have any magic words - know you have lots of people thinking of / praying for you on this.

Rock on, Riley.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Otis said:

For whatever it's worth -- When the wife and I dealt with a miscarriage several years back I found the same plan to work, but rather used a BCC'd-all email message.   It's a lot easier to type it once and send it than it is to verbalize time and time again.  Facebook would accomplish this just fine, but email seems more appropriate IMO.  

It's just picking nits -- both accomplish the same thing.  point being, whatever avenue you choose, I second the idea of a mass communication rather than 50 tough one on one conversations.  

Shady,

It is the small things in life that mean the most.  When you are with your wife don't say anything and hold her hand.  Sometimes it is good to talk other times it is good to just let her know your are a team.  I am praying for your family.  If you need anything or your family needs anything. just pm me and I will try and help you the best I can.  I am going to Long Island and will be going through S.I. tonight.  Stay strong FBG.

She's beautiful shady.  That little girl has already brought out so much good in so many people.  Hang in there bro.

Hey Shady,

The situation your family and Riley are going through really touched and affected a lot of people here at FBG. I know there have been a lot of people brought to tears, myself included, at everything you have shared with us, so we all thought we would come together to do what we could to help. 

Please click this link

This money has been collected by the community here for you and your family to do with as you see fit. Whether it is for expenses, to cover time off of work, or to take Riley to Disney World or Land when she gets out, it's truly up to you. 

I am sure this is a bit of a shock and a lot to take in, especially with everything else going on, but we wanted to let you know now so there could be some more brightness to your day. While it can never hope to make up for the suffering you all have gone through, we wanted to do what we could to help a longtime member of the community out.

I will PM you later today with more details. 

For everybody else - GM will be posting our super secret hidden thread in the FFA shortly. Please contribute whatever you can! The campaign will stay open for another 9 days I believe. 

Users who are viewing this thread