What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#TeamRiley - FBGs Band Together (1 Viewer)

General Malaise

Footballguy
This thread has nothing to do with Eli Apple, CB, NYG, although I think he's got the perfect name for Gotham and his mom is a funny follow on teh Tweeters.

1.  This thread is here to help raise money for Shadyridr, whose family is going through hell right now.  Details on that can be found here if you don't know what's going on.
2.  Capella is going to start a Go Fund Me campaign tonight to establish a discretionary fund for Shady and his family.  Talking it over with Shuke and Cappy, we feel like this is the best course of action as they can use the money we raise for anything they might need.  Several of us have expressed interest in helping them, so hopefully we can come together as a community and pool our efforts into one large donation for a guy who would give any of us the shirt off his back.
3.  Please please PLEASE try and keep this quiet, but also, help us spread the word via PM, email or any other means you can think of that will keep our efforts on the downlow.  In time, I'm sure Shady will find this thread and might find solace in our support, but for now, let's try and raise money quietly, quickly and well.
4.  Details on how to donate to Go Fund Me will be available later tonight once Cappy has set it up.  I will include details in this post as soon as they are available.  For now, please do your part to direct people to this thread so we can help make this a success.

Keep checking back in here for details on how to help.  I've seen the power of FBG come together before to help a fellow FBG out; this is a great guy who could use some FBG love.  Let's make it happen.  

How to donate!

Ok everybody here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/23r99vpt

gofundme does charge an 8% vig so we discussed other options. We considered PayPal and other sites, but we decided the potential for this site to get shared easily at Facebook or Twitter or even via text mitigated any fee. Basically, we think we will get more for him using this site even minus 8% than we will using something like PayPal which doesn't have any real ability to be shared. 

Please pass around and do whatever you can to help. Thanks in advance (actually can mean that this time) 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sending out a bunch of PMs to people, so hopefully between FB, PM and word of mouth, we can get enough eyeballs in here to make a difference.  May this be the biggest thread the IDP Forum has ever seen! :)

I'm in for anything.  When the GoFundMe site is up, toss it in this thread and I'll donate.

I'm not sure what else I can do but if I can do anything else, I'd be more than willing to help out wherever.

I'm in for anything.  When the GoFundMe site is up, toss it in this thread and I'll donate.

I'm not sure what else I can do but if I can do anything else, I'd be more than willing to help out wherever.
Yup, check back in here and as soon as it is up and running, I'll post the details in the original post via edit.  Thanks guys. 

Great idea.

Maybe after it gets up and running and the initial donations come in from those who know about it, a few people can include a subtle link in their signature to "Help a FBG in need" so that when they go about their normal posting, it will hopefully catch some eyes of those who wouldn't otherwise know. Just a thought.

Secrets?  I love secrets! 

Being able to take a little stress off Shady in any way is a noble cause.  I'm 100% in. 

Shady update in the thread.  Can some piece of the fund go to a donation to the foundation he is in contact with in his name? (Poor sentence but I'm swamped at work) I think that would be special for he and his family.

Shady update in the thread.  Can some piece of the fund go to a donation to the foundation he is in contact with in his name? (Poor sentence but I'm swamped at work) I think that would be special for he and his family.
GFM just has it set up for everything to go to one individual, not break it out to numerous people/foundations. So that would be up to shady I assume. 

The page should be up by 5 est. Please pass around as much as you can. 

GFM just has it set up for everything to go to one individual, not break it out to numerous people/foundations. So that would be up to shady I assume. 

The page should be up by 5 est. Please pass around as much as you can. 
Yeah, if you guys that have checked in can help spread the word quietly, that would be most excellent.  Thanks all.

Just spammed everyone in the Shady thread with a PM. Most of you probably got it.

PM features suck btw, so many of you ####ers can't receive messages for whatever reason. Trial and error to figure out who and remove.

Anyways, nicely done GM/Cappy.

Users who are viewing this thread