Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Otis

Otis annual fad diet thread—Otis is trying to run, there’s a planking challenge, we’re all still kinda fat except k4

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

I always bake or nuke my potatoes.  Never once have I boiled unless I was going to mash them.

It was incredibly easy.  Didn't even peel 'em, just cut em into halves, boil 'em up, then you can just peel the skins off afterwards easily.  

My god.  Potatoes.  Who knew.  This is going to make me handsome again?  The nectar of the gods??  It shouldn't be this easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

keep switching from diet to diet instead of just changing how you live.  I'm sure one of them will work out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cstu said:

:lmao:

Potato nails ordered.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have not read.  What's the goal?  Im in for $500 that Otis fails.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sprinkle on a little Goya Adobo and it's like New Year's Eve in your mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking two loaded potatoes...butter, sour cream, cheese, chives, tons of bacon, and maybe some chili plus half a bottle of Scotch and a silver bullet tall boy on the way home from work is the recipe for pounds just falling off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting weight 200.00 even

Bring on the spuds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's do it boys.

While we are logging starting weights, might as well log height and goal weights too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting weight: 231.6 ; height 6'4"

Goal weight: Below 210

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Do you also eat the skin?

Yes, but don't have to all the time.  For sure buy organic.  I mean your foodbill for the week is gonna be 10 bucks you can spring for organic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

I think this is the diet that gives Otis his groove back.

are there any diets left?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd do this, I really would. I mean, what coul dbe cooler than repeating the diet from Andy Weir's "The Martian" :nerd:

But, here's the thing. I'm stuck in the birthplace of the potato. Here they have 3,000 varieties of potato, 600 are grown commercially.

You'd think that one of them would boil nicely, wouldn't you? But, nooooo. They all frigging turn to mush after about ten minutes, peeled or not. And I've tried them before they turn to mush. Think they are ready then? Think again.

It shouldn't be this hard to get a decent potato :rant:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Otis said:

It was incredibly easy.  Didn't even peel 'em, just cut em into halves, boil 'em up, then you can just peel the skins off afterwards easily.  

My god.  Potatoes.  Who knew.  This is going to make me handsome again?  The nectar of the gods??  It shouldn't be this easy.

Atta boy, Otis! I can already see the lbs. melting away. You been working out?

I am excited to see what kind of results you all end up getting. Make it through the first 3 days and you're home free. You'll be able to keep going as long as you want.

also, would potato nails be good for building a Trexx deck?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about caloric intake and ability to stay on the diet. A legit professor of nutrition went on a 1200 calorie a day Twinkies diet and lost 27 pounds in 2 months, reduced his bad cholesterol & triglycerides and increased his good cholesterol: Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds.   

Potatoes are great with rosemary herbs. Also good with a spicy creamy sauce - the national dish of Peru: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ingrid-hoffmann/peruvian-potatoes-with-spicy-cream-sauce-papas-a-la-huancaina-recipe.html. If you're serious about potatoes - go to Bolivia or Peru, the home of the potato, They have hundreds of varieties and dozens of recipes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

are there any diets left?

I laughed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

maybe just...ya know...eat normal portions of mostly decent food and sort of pretend to exercise occasionally?

 

Just a thought.

That shtick may be the only shtick more boring than my usual shtick. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Otis starting weight: 231

Otis diet failed weight: 237

Potato diet start date: 5/15

Potato diet starting to slide off the track date: 5/17

Otis official concession of failure on diet attempt: 6/3

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

If you're serious about potatoes - go to Bolivia or Peru

Stay for the cocaine too, I hear that stuff works wonders for weight loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

It's all about caloric intake and ability to stay on the diet. A legit professor of nutrition went on a 1200 calorie a day Twinkies diet and lost 27 pounds in 2 months, reduced his bad cholesterol & triglycerides and increased his good cholesterol: Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds.   

Potatoes are great with rosemary herbs. Also good with a spicy creamy sauce - the national dish of Peru: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ingrid-hoffmann/peruvian-potatoes-with-spicy-cream-sauce-papas-a-la-huancaina-recipe.html. If you're serious about potatoes - go to Bolivia or Peru, the home of the potato, They have hundreds of varieties and dozens of recipes.

Everyone knows Idaho invented potatoes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1/2 day in, and down to 228.7. 

:thumbup: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

starting weight 200.00, 5'5 (save your hobbit jokes)

Goal: 160

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bushdocda said:

Considering the patato diet. 

Come on in. "Considering" is for the weak. We're Doers in here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Otis already sounds thinner 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

Potatoes are great with rosemary herbs. Also good with a spicy creamy sauce - the national dish of Peru: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ingrid-hoffmann/peruvian-potatoes-with-spicy-cream-sauce-papas-a-la-huancaina-recipe.html. If you're serious about potatoes - go to Bolivia or Peru, the home of the potato, They have hundreds of varieties and dozens of recipes.

I am in Peru, and all the potatoes cook like ####. So there's that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Otis starting weight: 231

Otis diet failed weight: 237

Potato diet start date: 5/15

Potato diet starting to slide off the track date: 5/17

Otis official concession of failure on diet attempt: 6/3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are client's going to react when you pull a potato out of your satchel at dinner?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Otis a real person or one of those shared alias things? I find it hard to believe there's a person who's entire life is schtick.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

So what's for lunch today? 

I thought I could leave the spud at home but the one potato I had this morning isnt cutting it. Need to adjust and bring something for lunch tomorrow. 

Plan on going home, cutting the spud up and baking some fries. Then I plan on smashing some baby spuds tonight. 

It is very relaxing to know what I will be eating for the next 5-7 weeks

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Otis said:

 

Actually got a mix of all 4.  I must have bought 40 or 50 lbs of potatoes.  Mrs. O wants to know where she's supposed to put them all. :shrug:

Sexy!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't see why you couldn't slightly modify this to make it a little more diverse:

-Eggwhites + hashbrown in AM 

-Mashed and an apple or blueberries or something for lunch

-Baked and some steamed veg for dinner perhaps with a 1/2tsp of coconut oil and stir fry green vegetables.  2x a week some non oily fish a few servings.  

 

If on a cut and wanting to keep your GAINZ throw in some whey in the morning and casein at night mixed with water or almond milk.  

All of this keeps the macro profile in the same band and maybe, just maybe, you won't want to kill yourself.  I've been bulking for the better part of 9 months (and mostly failing) but might try something like the above for a quick 2 week cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

I thought I could leave the spud at home but the one potato I had this morning isnt cutting it. Need to adjust and bring something for lunch tomorrow. 

Plan on going home, cutting the spud up and baking some fries. Then I plan on smashing some baby spuds tonight. 

It is very relaxing to know what I will be eating for the next 5-7 weeks

So what do you think the major differences will be in terms of results being that you are eleven inches shorter than Otis the Spud?  Also, can we call you Spud Webb now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Otis said:

1/2 day in, and down to 228.7. 

:thumbup: 

 

That is a heck of a road win already this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Is Otis a real person or one of those shared alias things? I find it hard to believe there's a person who's entire life is schtick.

About to dip into Eminence territory. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ned said:

How are client's going to react when you pull a potato out of your satchel at dinner?

This would be some good shtick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

So what do you think the major differences will be in terms of results being that you are eleven inches shorter than Otis the Spud?  Also, can we call you Spud Webb now?

Not sure. I think he will lose the weight a little quicker but Im hoping to get myself back on the right track. Fitback has been reactivated and if nothing else, this has given me a kick in the ###

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eating skins, yes_______     no_________

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Not sure. I think he will lose the weight a little quicker but Im hoping to get myself back on the right track. Fitback has been reactivated and if nothing else, this has given me a kick in the ###

Good luck Spud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

eating skins, yes_______     no_________

I would not eat conventional potato skins.  Organic, fine.  

I do think it's somewhat a requirement here or you will be short lots of the nutrition if going 100% spud only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, culdeus said:

I would not eat conventional potato skins.  Organic, fine.  

I do think it's somewhat a requirement here or you will be short lots of the nutrition if going 100% spud only.

The plan is to go spud only as long as I can. Looks like I need the skin. Thx GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The nightshade diet.  I like it.  Maybe add some eggplants, I think they are from the nightshade family as well. Watch those solanine levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I just looked it up.  Nightshade family also includes tomatoes, peppers, goji berries and tobacco.  Add some peppers to your diet, some goji berries to your water, snack on tomatoes, and have a nice cigar in the evening to kill cravings.  You might be the first to ever go full nightshade, and it sounds sorta cool.

 

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.