What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (9 Viewers)

A lot of winging it. My eating days involve coffee for breakfast and a couple other coffees throughout the day. Usually skip lunch. Just not a big lunch guy. And then I go home and eat whatever Mrs O made it it’s keto or healthy; she’s pretty good about, even if the kids ate something like Mac and cheese that night, making me a couple chicken breast and steamed broccoli and leaving it out. So I’ll have that. Maybe some nuts or a cracker or two as a snack, some cheese or cold cuts, trying to keep carbs below 20 or so. Maybe a piece or dark chocolate or keto bark. Maybe a Bud Select 55 or 3; or a white wine spritzer with some cheese in front of the TV. Go to bed, gym in the morning.  
:shrug:

Thats kind of a usual weekday for me. Obviously it changes if I have a work lunch, where I’ll have a salad or piece of fish and water. 

It's crazy that the weight isn't just flying off. I just don't understand.....

It's crazy that the weight isn't just flying off. I just don't understand.....
Not sure what you mean here. That’s a super low calorie day. And obviously not where I get into trouble—trouble is typically the unstructured weekends, meals out, family parties and eating and drinking with reckless abandon. 

Not sure why all the negativity here. I’m feeling like I’m on a pretty great path this time. There’s no more reckless abandon. And I have stopped drinking myself into the gutter on the regular. If I do forever what I’ve done the past few weeks—which haven’t been bad at all—I’ll get to my goal. 

BUT OTIS YOU DIDNT DO ANY ELLIPTICAL YOU FAILURE 

Ohhh just had a great moment. Mrs. O texted, she’s in between picking the girls up from after school stuff and is stopping at McDonald’s!  Do I want anything??

”I’m good.”

SUCK IT FAT SNOBS 

You haven't and won't create a lifestyle change. Because that's what it's all about. Until you are willing to do THAT, all of this is window dressing.
What does that even mean????  

“Otis, if you’re not riding your lay-down bicycle (complete with helmet and rearview mirror!) to the local organic farm stand each afternoon to gather up your produce, which you should then wash and chop and then steam in baby tears for your evening meal, you’re destined for failure and doing this all wrong!!!”

A lot of winging it. My eating days involve coffee for breakfast and a couple other coffees throughout the day. Usually skip lunch. Just not a big lunch guy. And then I go home and eat whatever Mrs O made it it’s keto or healthy; she’s pretty good about, even if the kids ate something like Mac and cheese that night, making me a couple chicken breast and steamed broccoli and leaving it out. So I’ll have that. Maybe some nuts or a cracker or two as a snack, some cheese or cold cuts, trying to keep carbs below 20 or so. Maybe a piece or dark chocolate or keto bark. Maybe a Bud Select 55 or 3; or a white wine spritzer with some cheese in front of the TV. Go to bed, gym in the morning.  
:shrug:

Thats kind of a usual weekday for me. Obviously it changes if I have a work lunch, where I’ll have a salad or piece of fish and water. 

So you have 3 kinds of days

1) fasting

2) coffee for breakfast, skip lunch, small dinner and snack, low carb, a little alcohol

3) off the rails

If you want to lose weight, which one of those 3 do you think you need to spend the most time on?

1) fasting

2) coffee for breakfast, skip lunch, small dinner and snack, low carb, a little alcohol

3) off the rails

If you want to lose weight, which one of those 3 do you think you need to spend the most time on?
:goodposting:

Conflict avoidance. Until the conflict is dealt with head-on then sustained you will continue to fail. 

What does that even mean????  

“Otis, if you’re not riding your lay-down bicycle (complete with helmet and rearview mirror!) to the local organic farm stand each afternoon to gather up your produce, which you should then wash and chop and then steam in baby tears for your evening meal, you’re destined for failure and doing this all wrong!!!”
This has been conveyed to you repeatedly for an extended period of time. It isn't what you want to read, so you scroll by and dont retain any of it. 

1) fasting

3) off the rails

3?   

Is this a trick question??

3?   

Is this a trick question??
It's not supposed to be. But if it's so obvious, why do you spend all your effort on 1 and 2? 

The problem isn't that you suck at dieting.  You're awesome at crash dieting. I don't think I could fast for several days like that, and I hate keto. 

The problem is entirely that you suck at eating normally.  Every struggle you've had losing weight is because you eat way too much on the days you're not crash dieting. You need to learn what normal eating is and get used to it. Then if you decide to fast on Monday so you can overeat on Friday, you can do it without "going off the rails". Right now it's hard because i honestly don't think you know where the rails are. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not supposed to be. But if it's so obvious, why do you spend all your effort on 1 and 2? 

The problem isn't that you suck at dieting.  You're awesome at crash dieting. I don't think I could fast for several days like that, and I hate keto. 

The problem is entirely that you suck at eating normally.  Every struggle you've had losing weight is because you eat way too much on the days you're not crash dieting. You need to learn what normal eating is and get used to it. Then if you decide to fast on Monday so you can overeat on Friday, you can do it without "going off the rails". Right now it's hard because i honestly don't think you know where the rails are. 
But I’m not crash dieting when I don’t eat till dinner. It’s just that I don’t have the time or inclination to eat before then. I’m just not super hungry. It’s my workday routine and it’s totally fine with me. 

I just need to limit the excess obviously. Which I’m already doing.  Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

But I’m not crash dieting when I don’t eat till dinner. It’s just that I don’t have the time or inclination to eat before then. I’m just not super hungry. It’s my workday routine and it’s totally fine with me. 

I just need to limit the excess obviously. Which I’m already doing.  Rome wasn’t built in a day. 
All of the under eating plays a major role with your levels of excess. Your body makes up for lost time. Then you string multiple days/weeks in a row and you quickly undo the progress you made to 222 and end up back at 240+ again without realizing it. 

Exactly. 

It sounds like you've trained yourself that it's ok to come home and eat dinner, then have a snack and a couple drinks because you haven't eaten all day. And that's true.

So what does an "off the rails" weekday look like?  Are we talking 4 slices of gourmet pizza and a bottle of wine plus snacks? 

And what does a weekend day look like?  Still no breakfast or lunch?  Or do you eat more meals because you have time? 

Exactly. 

It sounds like you've trained yourself that it's ok to come home and eat dinner, then have a snack and a couple drinks because you haven't eaten all day. And that's true.

So what does an "off the rails" weekday look like?  Are we talking 4 slices of gourmet pizza and a bottle of wine plus snacks? 

And what does a weekend day look like?  Still no breakfast or lunch?  Or do you eat more meals because you have time? 
An off the rails weekday?

Well, remember, regular week days for a long time we’re me and Mrs. O splitting 1-2 bottles of red wine.  4-5 drinks pretty standard.  So, already we’ve eliminated that bad habit. Which by the way drove more careless snacking. 

Food for an off the rails night? 3-4 slices of pizza? Bunch of snacks.  Bunch of cookies?  Some chocolate? Or maybe a McDonalds night. My standard McDs order, which we were getting once a week for a while, is the two cheeseburger meal, a Diet Coke (one of the very few times I would ever drink cola), and a 20 piece chicken nuggets.  I could hammer that down pretty easily. No idea how many calories that is — must be north of 2,000. 

My weekends, it depends. Sometimes I would pick up fresh bagels for the family and have 1-2 of those myself with butter or cream cheese. Lunch out is standard. At a local mexican place often, with chips and salsa and guacamole, some fish tacos, 2-4 sangrias, and some of the leftover chicken fingers and fries from the kids.  Then maybe a little day drinking and a light dinner?

Weekends are my main big weakness now I think, because we really enjoy going out to eat as a family for lunch. Just our thing. My keto version is to get a couple of cut up chicken breasts and dip those into guacamole (it’s just not the same, so often I revert to our usual meal, which honestly doesn’t seem THAT outrageous as long as I’m not eating the kids’ leftovers). 

Honestly, my caloric intake isn’t that insane for someone my size. I’m also not a huge enormous fat dude. I’m a dad with a dad midsection. 30lbs less and I’d look great. It’s not like I’m one of those dudes sitting home guzzling two liters of soda every day, 80lbs overweight (no offense to those dudes BTW). I know that’s the shtick here. But I’m just a regular lookin dude I think. Just want to be more fit. 

Food for an off the rails night? 3-4 slices of pizza? Bunch of snacks.  Bunch of cookies?  Some chocolate? Or maybe a McDonalds night. My standard McDs order, which we were getting once a week for a while, is the two cheeseburger meal, a Diet Coke (one of the very few times I would ever drink cola), and a 20 piece chicken nuggets.  I could hammer that down pretty easily. No idea how many calories that is — must be north of 2,000. 

My weekends, it depends. Sometimes I would pick up fresh bagels for the family and have 1-2 of those myself with butter or cream cheese. Lunch out is standard. At a local mexican place often, with chips and salsa and guacamole, some fish tacos, 2-4 sangrias, and some of the leftover chicken fingers and fries from the kids.  Then maybe a little day drinking and a light dinner?

Weekends are my main big weakness now I think, because we really enjoy going out to eat as a family for lunch. Just our thing. My keto version is to get a couple of cut up chicken breasts and dip those into guacamole (it’s just not the same, so often I revert to our usual meal, which honestly doesn’t seem THAT outrageous as long as I’m not eating the kids’ leftovers). 
Awesome. Schtick aside, i love how honest you are about stuff like this. 

Here's a couple rules I think would make a huge difference for you. 

1) Only one meal at a meal.  That sounds like I'm being a #### but I'm serious.  Chicken mcnuggets aren't a side.  It's a meal.  And a 20 piece isn't an individual meal, it's a family size. A medium two cheeseburger meal is about 1000 calories and 20 nuggets are over 1000. That's 2000 calories - a whole day of food - before you get home and have booze and snacks.  

That said, you have saved up all day for dinner, so you can afford to overeat some.  If you want 20 nuggets and a cheeseburger, have that.  But no fries, and no second cheeseburger.  That's still a LOT of food but it's closer to 1400 calories than over 2000 - and it leaves you a few hundred for that glass of wine later. Or go the other way - 2 cheeseburger meal and a 6 piece mcnuggets.  It's about the same calories and you get your fries. 

2) 3 slices of cheese or two slices of meat.  But you can have another if you really need to cheat.  A normal slice of cheese pizza might be 400 to 500 calories. A huge slice, or a slice with meat on it, can be 700 plus.  If you're getting great pizza then 3 slices over 2000 calories. That's a whole day of food.  Get used to the idea that 2 slices is still a lot of food, and if you have that third slice you'll at least think twice before having the fourth. 

3) no Mexican restaurant chips.  Those things are the worst. They don't even taste that good, they're just there, and you want something to scoop up the guacamole.  An order of those chips is usually over 1000 calories on its own, before you even add the guacamole, and there's no serving size.  They just dump a basket in front of you.  If you eat those once a month for a year you'll put on 4 extra pounds. Probably more.

4) you can't eat and drink then drink and eat. day drinking is fine.. 2-4 sangrias, and then maybe a little day drinking just sounds like getting drunk.  Which is fine, I'm not judging, but it's a lot of booze, and you're definitely not going to eat better later.  If you want to have something small with a couple sangrias that's fine, but if you plan on day drinking even more later then you really can't have a big lunch too.  Because you're probably making #### decisions by night time, snacking and eating a small but calorie dense dinner.  The one meal you can probably cut back on is that lunch - have something small with two sangrias instead of a big lunch and four.

Those changes aren't even dieting. Just making your bad days less bad.  You don't even have to make any major life changes or pick healthier foods and you'd see big improvements because you're doing so well on your good days. 

(If i was going to give you one more it would be this, but this isn't for your off the rails days.  This is more because it sounds like you have trouble eating right while your kids get McDonald's or other stuff)

Try getting a burger or fries instead of a burger and fries.  It's ok to get a huge burger (and even steal a couple of your kids fries). Just don't order your own fries.  Or order a big order of fries and enjoy them.  But that's your meal.  You don't need to avoid burger places and you don't need to feel guilty about eating crap.  Just pick something and enjoy it.)

Awesome. Schtick aside, i love how honest you are about stuff like this. 

Here's a couple rules I think would make a huge difference for you. 

1) Only one meal at a meal.  That sounds like I'm being a #### but I'm serious.  Chicken mcnuggets aren't a side.  It's a meal.  And a 20 piece isn't an individual meal, it's a family size. A medium two cheeseburger meal is about 1000 calories and 20 nuggets are over 1000. That's 2000 calories - a whole day of food - before you get home and have booze and snacks.  

That said, you have saved up all day for dinner, so you can afford to overeat some.  If you want 20 nuggets and a cheeseburger, have that.  But no fries, and no second cheeseburger.  That's still a LOT of food but it's closer to 1400 calories than over 2000 - and it leaves you a few hundred for that glass of wine later. Or go the other way - 2 cheeseburger meal and a 6 piece mcnuggets.  It's about the same calories and you get your fries. 

2) 3 slices of cheese or two slices of meat.  But you can have another if you really need to cheat.  A normal slice of cheese pizza might be 400 to 500 calories. A huge slice, or a slice with meat on it, can be 700 plus.  If you're getting great pizza then 3 slices over 2000 calories. That's a whole day of food.  Get used to the idea that 2 slices is still a lot of food, and if you have that third slice you'll at least think twice before having the fourth. 

3) no Mexican restaurant chips.  Those things are the worst. They don't even taste that good, they're just there, and you want something to scoop up the guacamole.  An order of those chips is usually over 1000 calories on its own, before you even add the guacamole, and there's no serving size.  They just dump a basket in front of you.  If you eat those once a month for a year you'll put on 4 extra pounds. Probably more.

4) you can't eat and drink then drink and eat. day drinking is fine.. 2-4 sangrias, and then maybe a little day drinking just sounds like getting drunk.  Which is fine, I'm not judging, but it's a lot of booze, and you're definitely not going to eat better later.  If you want to have something small with a couple sangrias that's fine, but if you plan on day drinking even more later then you really can't have a big lunch too.  Because you're probably making #### decisions by night time, snacking and eating a small but calorie dense dinner.  The one meal you can probably cut back on is that lunch - have something small with two sangrias instead of a big lunch and four.

Those changes aren't even dieting. Just making your bad days less bad.  You don't even have to make any major life changes or pick healthier foods and you'd see big improvements because you're doing so well on your good days. 

(If i was going to give you one more it would be this, but this isn't for your off the rails days.  This is more because it sounds like you have trouble eating right while your kids get McDonald's or other stuff)

Try getting a burger or fries instead of a burger and fries.  It's ok to get a huge burger (and even steal a couple of your kids fries). Just don't order your own fries.  Or order a big order of fries and enjoy them.  But that's your meal.  You don't need to avoid burger places and you don't need to feel guilty about eating crap.  Just pick something and enjoy it.)
Awesome stuff bf. Great practical advice. And you’re right, if I follow these kinds of guidelines, and then eat well like on my good days, I’ll get to where I want to be, and I don’t even have to really give up much of anything, other than sheer quantity. 

Awesome stuff bf. Great practical advice. And you’re right, if I follow these kinds of guidelines, and then eat well like on my good days, I’ll get to where I want to be, and I don’t even have to really give up much of anything, other than sheer quantity. 
It's really just about recognizing your weaknesses and gradually improving them.  Your weakness obviously isn't "eats too much on days he eats literally nothing". 

I think you're better off not fasting and not doing keto and all these fad diets but I'm not a doctor and it seems like you really get into it when you're fasting so #### it, do what you're doing if it's not hurting you.  What's definitely hurting you is firing 20 mcnuggets like a pitching machine into a backstop of a whole other value meal with diet coke. 

And i say this as somebody who's still undoing the damage i did to my own body while i was going off the rails with two breakfast sandwiches, or a huge appetizer then a meal and booze. I got properly fat and enjoyed the #### out of it. 

And at the risk of sounding preachy, i really think 2 to 4 sangrias before day drinking is a little excessive, even if it's only once in a while. That's 20 year old drinking. I might be able to do that a couple times a year these days, and i was a super elite upper tier drinker in my day.  This is not my day anymore. It's not yours either. It's ok.  We're good at other things now.  

I'm a little worried about my Monday weigh-in.  As I mentioned, I was on a family trip for 3.5 days, and while it involved some hiking, it also involved a ####-ton of drinking.  I drank less than I would have a month ago, and not enough to be drunk or anything, but between the wine and cider tastings and the meals it was still way too much.  I did my best to balance it with having meals that ranged from great to not-awful (two slices of pizza Monday night), and I'm not drinking Thurs/Fri/Sun this week (crabfest tomorrow night will mean drinking again, but not heavily).  Hope I can make up for the Mon-Wed alcohol intake and see another small loss on Monday, or at least not a gain!

ETA:  I'll be foregoing my usual crab mac-and-cheese and crab poutine tomorrow night in favor of the steamed crab, oysters, and the like.

I'm a little worried about my Monday weigh-in.  As I mentioned, I was on a family trip for 3.5 days, and while it involved some hiking, it also involved a ####-ton of drinking.  I drank less than I would have a month ago, and not enough to be drunk or anything, but between the wine and cider tastings and the meals it was still way too much.  I did my best to balance it with having meals that ranged from great to not-awful (two slices of pizza Monday night), and I'm not drinking Thurs/Fri/Sun this week (crabfest tomorrow night will mean drinking again, but not heavily).  Hope I can make up for the Mon-Wed alcohol intake and see another small loss on Monday, or at least not a gain!

ETA:  I'll be foregoing my usual crab mac-and-cheese and crab poutine tomorrow night in favor of the steamed crab, oysters, and the like.
Are you weighing in for a bet or something?  Or is it just for you? 

Are you weighing in for a bet or something?  Or is it just for you? 
Just for me.  Weighing in once a week on Monday mornings, just to give me structure.  I've been tempted occasionally to peek at my weight on another day, too, but I'd rather stick to my schedule.

Just for me.  Weighing in once a week on Monday mornings, just to give me structure.  I've been tempted occasionally to peek at my weight on another day, too, but I'd rather stick to my schedule.
I did something similar for a biggest loser type bet and we weighed in on mondays too. I know a lot of people recommend not looking at the scale and that's great advice for certain kinds of people, especially early on when seeing a random increase of a pound of water weight or seeing your weight stay steady after 3 days of hard work can really mess with your confidence. And you seem to be in a really good place right now so do what works for you 

On the flip side I found it really motivating when I'd check the scale during that first week or two when pounds fly off. And it helped me when I thought about boredom eating to check the scale, remember i was down 8 pounds and then decide not to peek in the fridge.  

But now that I'm further down the road i really think looking at the scale helps a lot. Not just every day but at different times during the day too. It's not about daily or weekly gains.  This is a long term process.  You don't get better at long term processes by closing your eyes and ignoring information.  You can learn from anything.  I ate like crap yesterday, why am i down a pound?   Am i dehydrated?  I ate great yesterday, worked out a ton and now I'm up a pound. Am i getting backed up?  I noticed i was trying to "study for the test "on mondays- id eat less on sundays, i wouldn't drink as much water and I'd weigh in lower and feel good.  That's not a good plan.  So i paid attention and drank water at night and noticed id peed it all out by morning anyways because i weighed exactly what i would have expected. I feel like i understand how my body works a lot better now. 

I mentioned before that my first cheat day after I started seriously dieting threw me way out of whack. It's exactly like what you're describing.  A couple days of excess and then you're trying to get back to it so you're really good for a while but then you find another night and you worry that you're back sliding and suddenly the scale is not your friend.  That was a really sucky feeling but I survived it by starting each day like the day before didn't happen.  You drank too much Monday?  I doubt you ate enough to gain half a pound.  Eat a normal day's calories on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and any bloat you felt will go away just like the first couple pounds did when you started. Embrace that.  This is you learning his your body responds to a cheat day. This is you learning how to get back into your diet after a cheat day, so next time you cheat you'll be more confident about bouncing back.  Next time you're thinking about cheating you can make an educated decision about it - if i cheat Monday then can i still go out for drinks with friends Friday? Maybe I'll hold off. Get used to thinking big picture. One Monday with a slight gain won't be a blip on the radar six months from now, but learning how to recover from a cheat day and get back to your long term goals is part of how you turn this from a diet into a lifestyle. 

I did something similar for a biggest loser type bet and we weighed in on mondays too. I know a lot of people recommend not looking at the scale and that's great advice for certain kinds of people, especially early on when seeing a random increase of a pound of water weight or seeing your weight stay steady after 3 days of hard work can really mess with your confidence. And you seem to be in a really good place right now so do what works for you 

On the flip side I found it really motivating when I'd check the scale during that first week or two when pounds fly off. And it helped me when I thought about boredom eating to check the scale, remember i was down 8 pounds and then decide not to peek in the fridge.  

But now that I'm further down the road i really think looking at the scale helps a lot. Not just every day but at different times during the day too. It's not about daily or weekly gains.  This is a long term process.  You don't get better at long term processes by closing your eyes and ignoring information.  You can learn from anything.  I ate like crap yesterday, why am i down a pound?   Am i dehydrated?  I ate great yesterday, worked out a ton and now I'm up a pound. Am i getting backed up?  I noticed i was trying to "study for the test "on mondays- id eat less on sundays, i wouldn't drink as much water and I'd weigh in lower and feel good.  That's not a good plan.  So i paid attention and drank water at night and noticed id peed it all out by morning anyways because i weighed exactly what i would have expected. I feel like i understand how my body works a lot better now. 

I mentioned before that my first cheat day after I started seriously dieting threw me way out of whack. It's exactly like what you're describing.  A couple days of excess and then you're trying to get back to it so you're really good for a while but then you find another night and you worry that you're back sliding and suddenly the scale is not your friend.  That was a really sucky feeling but I survived it by starting each day like the day before didn't happen.  You drank too much Monday?  I doubt you ate enough to gain half a pound.  Eat a normal day's calories on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and any bloat you felt will go away just like the first couple pounds did when you started. Embrace that.  This is you learning his your body responds to a cheat day. This is you learning how to get back into your diet after a cheat day, so next time you cheat you'll be more confident about bouncing back.  Next time you're thinking about cheating you can make an educated decision about it - if i cheat Monday then can i still go out for drinks with friends Friday? Maybe I'll hold off. Get used to thinking big picture. One Monday with a slight gain won't be a blip on the radar six months from now, but learning how to recover from a cheat day and get back to your long term goals is part of how you turn this from a diet into a lifestyle. 
Good general advice here as always.  

As for "studying for the test," I've actually done the opposite, as (until this week) my bad day every week has been Sunday.  NFL and day drinking.  Has gotten me every week.  

As far as weighing more often, I don't want to in these early stages when I'm trying to lose.  Once I'm near a goal weight, it might be different, but right now I wouldn't want to see a "bad day" and feel unnecessarily down about it, nor see a "good day" and feel overconfident to the point where I eat/drink more.  The smoothing of a week's time is good for me.

I remember when NYC made the push to show calories and I rolled my eyes at it.

Grabbed lunch at Carraghers. Had the charred asparagus salad with grilled chicken and a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. No clue if I had 500 calories or 1500.

I’ll second this.  I weigh 2 times a day - morning and night.  I think I gain some insight but more importantly it’s just a reminder to stay vigilante.

Day 23:

Yesterday was my first big miss - had every intention of hitting all my daily numbers but just didn’t.  After work I watched some TV, walked to the clubhouse with my daughter - had dinner with my youngest two including 2 beers and helped my son finish his nachos.  Came home, watched some more TV and fell asleep at 8:30.  Oh well - puts me further behind but I feel great this morning and that’s the goal here, right?  Heading out for about ~12 mile run soon.  Enjoy your Saturday folks.

- 0 push-ups 

- 50 squats

- 0 abs (0 Flutter kicks - NEW; 0 leg lifts; 0 crunches;  0 mountain climbers; 0 teasers)

- Stretching - NOPE 

- 100 oz of water - NOPE

- Sleep - NOPE - this is confusing - since I fell asleep and didn’t post last night this is 2 nights ago and I only got 6 hours.  Probably contributed to my sluggishness

My wife and I, back around the New Year, started a lifestyle change that involved cutting out all or most of starchy foods, added sugars, processed foods, and gluten(mostly for her and our oldest, they share an intolerance for the stuff). I also started a career as an electrician in February, so I was moving more as well. Starting out was tough, because I didn't see results right away, but once the weight started going, it dropped in a hurry.

I started at around 195, this week I've been consistently at 160, and I feel great being skinny. My mother says that I look gaunt, I tell her this is how I'm supposed to look. It's a rough road, but it's so worth it, and the food still tastes good.

My wife and I, back around the New Year, started a lifestyle change that involved cutting out all or most of starchy foods, added sugars, processed foods, and gluten(mostly for her and our oldest, they share an intolerance for the stuff). I also started a career as an electrician in February, so I was moving more as well. Starting out was tough, because I didn't see results right away, but once the weight started going, it dropped in a hurry.

I started at around 195, this week I've been consistently at 160, and I feel great being skinny. My mother says that I look gaunt, I tell her this is how I'm supposed to look. It's a rough road, but it's so worth it, and the food still tastes good.
Nice work!  How tall are you and are you at your final goal?

Kal El said:
I'm 5'10", and I'm pretty much there. As long as I stay between 158 and 164, I won't mind. 
Awesome. Good stuff. Sounds like I’m currently about as far past my goal weight as you when you first started. 

All tips and pointers welcomed. 

Awesome. Good stuff. Sounds like I’m currently about as far past my goal weight as you when you first started. 

All tips and pointers welcomed. 
Biggest bit of advice I have: consistency. If you fall off for a day, get back on the horse the next day. I occasionally have a cheat day, but even then I won't go overboard with it. 

Also, get rid of soda. I used to hate sparkling water, but it's grown on me. Turns out that a lot of soda's appeal to me was the carbonation.

I’m nowhere near the slenderest guy at the table, but I just can’t imagine eating a two cheeseburger meal AND a 20 piece nugget in one sitting. Competition eating withstanding.

I’m nowhere near the slenderest guy at the table, but I just can’t imagine eating a two cheeseburger meal AND a 20 piece nugget in one sitting. Competition eating withstanding.
I can do it pretty easily, and love every second of it.  And I can wash down a beer or two while I'm doing it.  

AAABatteries said:
Day 23:

Yesterday was my first big miss - had every intention of hitting all my daily numbers but just didn’t.  After work I watched some TV, walked to the clubhouse with my daughter - had dinner with my youngest two including 2 beers and helped my son finish his nachos.  Came home, watched some more TV and fell asleep at 8:30.  Oh well - puts me further behind but I feel great this morning and that’s the goal here, right?  Heading out for about ~12 mile run soon.  Enjoy your Saturday folks.

- 0 push-ups 

- 50 squats

- 0 abs (0 Flutter kicks - NEW; 0 leg lifts; 0 crunches;  0 mountain climbers; 0 teasers)

- Stretching - NOPE 

- 100 oz of water - NOPE

- Sleep - NOPE - this is confusing - since I fell asleep and didn’t post last night this is 2 nights ago and I only got 6 hours.  Probably contributed to my sluggishness
The best day in any regimen is the rest day. Enjoy getting back after it again today. 

Once accounting for the part the kids dont eat my standard McDonald's meal is a McChicken, Double, Filet o Fish, a handful of nuggets, and who knows how many fries. I could eat more if we ordered it too.

Once accounting for the part the kids dont eat my standard McDonald's meal is a McChicken, Double, Filet o Fish, a handful of nuggets, and who knows how many fries. I could eat more if we ordered it too.
What is it about most fast food that just doesn't make it filling? The carbs are probably all highly refined I guess (the pics of six month old cheeseburgers are always interesting), but you'd think the protein and fat would do something.

I haven't had fast food in three months and don't particularly miss it. What I do miss is I only have two more days working in NYC and there's a whole bunch of garbage that I'd like to eat that I won't. Bonchon fried chicken might be the best I've ever had. Upside Pizza is killing it. Hell, a Lenwich is probably a better sandwich than I'll be able to find. There's a lot I won't miss about NYC (the walk up 8th ave every morning is an argument in favor of eugenics), but the food is always on point.

Those nuggets are like air to me.   Same thing with pizza.   I can eat a pie without even thinking about it.   

What is it about most fast food that just doesn't make it filling? The carbs are probably all highly refined I guess (the pics of six month old cheeseburgers are always interesting), but you'd think the protein and fat would do something.

I haven't had fast food in three months and don't particularly miss it. What I do miss is I only have two more days working in NYC and there's a whole bunch of garbage that I'd like to eat that I won't. Bonchon fried chicken might be the best I've ever had. Upside Pizza is killing it. Hell, a Lenwich is probably a better sandwich than I'll be able to find. There's a lot I won't miss about NYC (the walk up 8th ave every morning is an argument in favor of eugenics), but the food is always on point.
I miss the days when excessiveness were bbq and sushi fueled and not...that. And, no, I have no idea what they do to that stuff to make it so unsatiated, but it's definitely something. 

I had an Arby's beef and cheddar, large fries and 4pc mozzarella sticks for lunch yesterday. Later on I went for a 3mi run. I do not recommend this combination.

ETA: However, I did unintentionally run it in 29:10, which was a big surprise. My pace is continuing to increase, but I'm not actively trying to improve it.

I had an Arby's beef and cheddar, large fries and 4pc mozzarella sticks for lunch yesterday. Later on I went for a 3mi run. I do not recommend this combination.

ETA: However, I did unintentionally run it in 29:10, which was a big surprise. My pace is continuing to increase, but I'm not actively trying to improve it.
It's a great combo, just in the other order. 

I miss the days when excessiveness were bbq and sushi fueled and not...that. And, no, I have no idea what they do to that stuff to make it so unsatiated, but it's definitely something. 
I remember back in 8th grade on a school trip when I bet another kid that I could eat two 20 piece McNuggets.  I won it easily.  The bet?  A chicken nugget.....and I ate that one too.

I’m certain I could work through two 20 boxes of McNuggets, and two cheeseburgers, and fries, and I would enjoy it. 

Users who are viewing this thread