What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (2 Viewers)

Made sweet potato wedge fries this morning.

Taste good, didn't come out as crisp as the regular potatoes.  Think I boiled em too long.  Oh well, like I said.. taste great with nothing but a tiny bit of salt over them while baking. :thumbup:

Also - this is too easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
so for those in the know, sweet potatoes just as good or even better than non-sweet?   I'm going to incorporate some potatoes after perusing this discussion.

so for those in the know, sweet potatoes just as good or even better than non-sweet?

They're fine if you're just going a few days. If you plan to do this for a month straight, I wouldn't use sweet potatoes exclusively. (A mix of 80% white to 20% sweet should be okay.) Sweet potatoes are lacking in certain nutrients (including protein), so they're not as good an option for very long hacks.

so for those in the know, sweet potatoes just as good or even better than non-sweet?   I'm going to incorporate some potatoes after perusing this discussion.
Apparently not as good, but still good on the "for you" scale.

so what's on the menu today?
2 red potatoes, microwaved 4 mins,  de-skinned and cut into quarters, sprinkle little salt and pepper and just eat. they taste reasonably sweet.   i'm full enough.   that was breakfas at 9AM.    i had white potatoes last night,  i prefer the flavor of the reds, and the texture is more solid.    just did the mirror test this morning I think i lost a pound or two in one day.

They're fine if you're just going a few days. If you plan to do this for a month straight, I wouldn't use sweet potatoes exclusively. (A mix of 80% white to 20% sweet should be okay.) Sweet potatoes are lacking in certain nutrients (including protein), so they're not as good an option for very long hacks.

i can't imagine doing this for more than a week.   a month seems excessive and potentially unhealthy.      I guess i could see 3-4 days on,   3-4 days off kind of rotation to keep your weight progressively dropping

Pretty sure im doing this wrong. I thought you could eat as many potatoes as you want. But at close to 300 calories, eating 5 puts me at 1500. I typically eat that during normal weight loss periods. 

The Otis List of Diet Excuses

1. My in-laws are in town this week.
  2. I'm traveling for work.
  3. It's my (wife's birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day, etc)
  4. I'm drinking red wine and gorging myself on mexican food and I don't care.  It's DELICIOUS!
Just pre-loading them so you can cut and paste from the list next week, pal.  #stayfat #poatatodiet2016

Pretty sure im doing this wrong. I thought you could eat as many potatoes as you want. But at close to 300 calories, eating 5 puts me at 1500. I typically eat that during normal weight loss periods. 
That right there may be your problem. Try getting them into your body through another avenue.  Massive caloric savings.

Trust the process and eat as many potatoes as you want. (Your average russet potato has around 170 calories.)

What kind of potato has 300 calories?

Boss took me for lobster today, fantastic lunch... The lobster prob didn't crush my diet for the day, but the scotch didn't help.

This isn't something to worry about. 

I have a bag of potatoes beside me (I mentioned this to my wife and she's in to try with me).

according to the nutrition facts on it, one medium potato with skin = 110g serving = 80 calories.

Trust the process and eat as many potatoes as you want. (Your average russet potato has around 170 calories.)
Thanks.  Looked at my WW App.  Medium Russet - 168 calories, Large Russet - 290 calories

1 pound of russets - 359 calories , 5 pounds of russets - 1,793 calories

Now that said, there seem to be about 22 potatoes in this 4.54 KG bag, so average potato is probably actually 220g = 160 Cals which is right in line with Maurile's number.

The Otis List of Diet Excuses

1. My in-laws are in town this week.
  2. I'm traveling for work.
  3. It's my (wife's birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day, etc)
  4. I'm drinking red wine and gorging myself on mexican food and I don't care.  It's DELICIOUS!
Just pre-loading them so you can cut and paste from the list next week, pal.  #stayfat #poatatodiet2016
Thanks good buddy :thumbup:

Maurile,

Are you doing this/have you done it in the past?

I am aware.. but you guys seem a little overly invested.

As I mentioned elsewhere... the Otis stalker crowd seems to be rivaling tim's.
As I mentioned 30 seconds ago, Otis knows and probably enjoys the responses that are inevitably coming when he posts about his newest fad diet. 

He refuses to just slightly modify eating habits and exercise... It is entertaining, good shtick, but highly ridiculous. It's a :tfp:  that I can't look away from.

For 5-6 years in a row now my weight is on a 20-25 lb (225-250) roller coaster - bottoming out in the summer and topping out in January.  I am guilty of using all kinds of strategies myself.  If it gets me to beach shape by next month (anywhere below 230)... I'll eat potatoes.

If I can ever manage to stop failing through the holidays, I won't have to make these efforts.... till then -  Go Hashbrowns!

As I mentioned 30 seconds ago, Otis knows and probably enjoys the responses that are inevitably coming when he posts about his newest fad diet. 

He refuses to just slightly modify eating habits and exercise... It is entertaining, good shtick, but highly ridiculous. It's a :tfp:  that I can't look away from.
You're just jealous of my pound-shredding ability.  Can't wait to hit that scale tomorrow.  This is the easiest diet ever invented in the history of the universe. 

I don't really understand you fat guys and your obsession with all these foods and drinks. :shrug:

:potatosnob: :coffee:  

Maurile,

Are you doing this/have you done it in the past?
I've done it, but generally just for 1-2 days at a time. I'm undecided on whether to join you guys in the near future for a longer run. (It wouldn't be for at least another week, though. I've got perishable food to eat before then that I don't want to throw away.)

I'm still anxiously awaiting a photo of like 300 potatoes you have stashed in your garage.

Would've been great shtick to have your desk surrounded by potatoes when you uploaded your Shuke fan club photo from this weekend while eating the bowl of potatoes. 

I've done it, but generally just for 1-2 days at a time. I'm undecided on whether to join you guys in the near future for a longer run. (It wouldn't be for at least another week, though. I've got perishable food to eat before then that I don't want to throw away.)
Would be great to have you on board.  I think you should join us.  This is a no-brainer.  

Yeah, I just picked up a ton of stuff last night, so I'm thinking about delaying my trial a few days.

I wanted to offer Otis some opportunities to avoid the pitfalls inherent in an effort such as this.  One of the biggest is maintaining over vacations.  I thought I'd look, therefore, into potato-centric vacations, you know, somewhere where the potato is so celebrated that it will dominate the local cuisine.  Sadly Google is not as powerful as I had hoped.  I did, however, learn of Potatopia.  it is going to be the next big craze in franchise eateries, or so they say.

Otis, there's a franchise near you.

Now granted, they do have some dishes that might not technically qualify for your diet, but they are dedicated to the potato.

Users who are viewing this thread