What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (2 Viewers)

I always bake or nuke my potatoes.  Never once have I boiled unless I was going to mash them.
It was incredibly easy.  Didn't even peel 'em, just cut em into halves, boil 'em up, then you can just peel the skins off afterwards easily.  

My god.  Potatoes.  Who knew.  This is going to make me handsome again?  The nectar of the gods??  It shouldn't be this easy.

I'm thinking two loaded potatoes...butter, sour cream, cheese, chives, tons of bacon, and maybe some chili plus half a bottle of Scotch and a silver bullet tall boy on the way home from work is the recipe for pounds just falling off.

Let's do it boys.

While we are logging starting weights, might as well log height and goal weights too. 

I'd do this, I really would. I mean, what coul dbe cooler than repeating the diet from Andy Weir's "The Martian" :nerd:

But, here's the thing. I'm stuck in the birthplace of the potato. Here they have 3,000 varieties of potato, 600 are grown commercially.

You'd think that one of them would boil nicely, wouldn't you? But, nooooo. They all frigging turn to mush after about ten minutes, peeled or not. And I've tried them before they turn to mush. Think they are ready then? Think again.

It shouldn't be this hard to get a decent potato :rant:

It was incredibly easy.  Didn't even peel 'em, just cut em into halves, boil 'em up, then you can just peel the skins off afterwards easily.  

My god.  Potatoes.  Who knew.  This is going to make me handsome again?  The nectar of the gods??  It shouldn't be this easy.
Atta boy, Otis! I can already see the lbs. melting away. You been working out?

I am excited to see what kind of results you all end up getting. Make it through the first 3 days and you're home free. You'll be able to keep going as long as you want.

also, would potato nails be good for building a Trexx deck?

It's all about caloric intake and ability to stay on the diet. A legit professor of nutrition went on a 1200 calorie a day Twinkies diet and lost 27 pounds in 2 months, reduced his bad cholesterol & triglycerides and increased his good cholesterol: Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds.   

Potatoes are great with rosemary herbs. Also good with a spicy creamy sauce - the national dish of Peru: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ingrid-hoffmann/peruvian-potatoes-with-spicy-cream-sauce-papas-a-la-huancaina-recipe.html. If you're serious about potatoes - go to Bolivia or Peru, the home of the potato, They have hundreds of varieties and dozens of recipes.

It's all about caloric intake and ability to stay on the diet. A legit professor of nutrition went on a 1200 calorie a day Twinkies diet and lost 27 pounds in 2 months, reduced his bad cholesterol & triglycerides and increased his good cholesterol: Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds.   

Potatoes are great with rosemary herbs. Also good with a spicy creamy sauce - the national dish of Peru: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ingrid-hoffmann/peruvian-potatoes-with-spicy-cream-sauce-papas-a-la-huancaina-recipe.html. If you're serious about potatoes - go to Bolivia or Peru, the home of the potato, They have hundreds of varieties and dozens of recipes.
Everyone knows Idaho invented potatoes.

So what's for lunch today? 
I thought I could leave the spud at home but the one potato I had this morning isnt cutting it. Need to adjust and bring something for lunch tomorrow. 

Plan on going home, cutting the spud up and baking some fries. Then I plan on smashing some baby spuds tonight. 

It is very relaxing to know what I will be eating for the next 5-7 weeks

I still don't see why you couldn't slightly modify this to make it a little more diverse:

-Eggwhites + hashbrown in AM 

-Mashed and an apple or blueberries or something for lunch

-Baked and some steamed veg for dinner perhaps with a 1/2tsp of coconut oil and stir fry green vegetables.  2x a week some non oily fish a few servings.  

If on a cut and wanting to keep your GAINZ throw in some whey in the morning and casein at night mixed with water or almond milk.  

All of this keeps the macro profile in the same band and maybe, just maybe, you won't want to kill yourself.  I've been bulking for the better part of 9 months (and mostly failing) but might try something like the above for a quick 2 week cut.

I thought I could leave the spud at home but the one potato I had this morning isnt cutting it. Need to adjust and bring something for lunch tomorrow. 

Plan on going home, cutting the spud up and baking some fries. Then I plan on smashing some baby spuds tonight. 

It is very relaxing to know what I will be eating for the next 5-7 weeks
So what do you think the major differences will be in terms of results being that you are eleven inches shorter than Otis the Spud?  Also, can we call you Spud Webb now?

So what do you think the major differences will be in terms of results being that you are eleven inches shorter than Otis the Spud?  Also, can we call you Spud Webb now?
Not sure. I think he will lose the weight a little quicker but Im hoping to get myself back on the right track. Fitback has been reactivated and if nothing else, this has given me a kick in the ###

eating skins, yes_______     no_________
I would not eat conventional potato skins.  Organic, fine.  

I do think it's somewhat a requirement here or you will be short lots of the nutrition if going 100% spud only.

I would not eat conventional potato skins.  Organic, fine.  

I do think it's somewhat a requirement here or you will be short lots of the nutrition if going 100% spud only.
The plan is to go spud only as long as I can. Looks like I need the skin. Thx GB

I just looked it up.  Nightshade family also includes tomatoes, peppers, goji berries and tobacco.  Add some peppers to your diet, some goji berries to your water, snack on tomatoes, and have a nice cigar in the evening to kill cravings.  You might be the first to ever go full nightshade, and it sounds sorta cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in on this in reverse.  I will not eat any potatoes during this period and employ a boring calorie restriction + exercise method.  When I blow up to 300#'s at least I can switch to the spud method to lose it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread