What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (3 Viewers)

Let’s go Oats - hash browns, it’s whats for dinner  
T minus 6 days till POTATO FEVER.

NOTE: I have a work dinner late next week during which we would look like total lunatics ordering a bunch of potatoes.  So I'm just going to go easy at those, maybe the fish or salad or the vegetarian option.  But then it's right back to spuds.  And greek godliness. 

If I eat nothing but potatoes for two months, it’s possible. 
I did/am doing the hack...I can't imagine eating spuds for two months straight (it gets so boring).  

I've been doing 5 day hacks and then 3-5 days of 'normal' eating and then right back into a 5 day hack. No alcohol.

T minus 6 days till POTATO FEVER.

NOTE: I have a work dinner late next week during which we would look like total lunatics ordering a bunch of potatoes.  So I'm just going to go easy at those, maybe the fish or salad or the vegetarian option.  But then it's right back to spuds.  And greek godliness. 
Heres your move - order a steak and baked potato.  When they bring the steak take a bite and tell them it’s bad and send it back.  They’ll ask if you want another one - just say no that you’ll just stick with the potato.  Winning 

I did/am doing the hack...I can't imagine eating spuds for two months straight (it gets so boring).  

I've been doing 5 day hacks and then 3-5 days of 'normal' eating and then right back into a 5 day hack. No alcohol.
Only a lunatic would eat potatoes for 2 months straight.   But he's our lunatic so we support him.   

Heres your move - order a steak and baked potato.  When they bring the steak take a bite and tell them it’s bad and send it back.  They’ll ask if you want another one - just say no that you’ll just stick with the potato.  Winning 
or when ordering, ask them if you can swap out the steak for another potato.   they won't know what hit em.  

Day 34/100

Taking it relatively easy today, since I have the 10k tomorrow. Did a slow 3 miles this morning, then went down to the race expo to pick up my number and walk around/collect swag. Currently at almost 15k steps for the day. Tomorrow will be hard. The race is starting under a yellow flag due to high heat, and will switch over to red flag at some point. The course is poorly designed too, because after you run 6.2 miles, you basically have to maneuver another 1/2 - 3/4 mile or so just to get through Piedmont Park, then it's at least another mile to walk back to the train station. Going to nap like a champion when I get home.

Bank: $340

Day 35/100

Did the 10k this morning. My daughter wasn't feeling well basically from mile 1, so we pretty much walked the whole thing. Have still racked up almost 23k steps today. Happy 4th, everybody!

I think I've decided that I'm going to use a chunk of my bank on Scuba lessons when the 100 days is done.

Bank: $350

Day 36/100

Today was probably the worst day that I've had so far, motivation-wise. I ended up at just over 25k steps yesterday, and my body just feels worn out. I woke up about 11 today, and then went back to sleep at noon. Set my alarm for 3, but snoozed it until after 4. Finally forced myself out of bed, and took a good 30min walk just to get the HR up and blood flowing. Working tonight and tomorrow night, so not yet sure what I will do for tomorrow's activity. I brought a gym bag, and may go do upper body day on my way home. Depends on how I feel. Right now, I'm just tired.

Bank: $360

Day 37/100

Went straight to the gym after work. 15 mins to warm up on the elliptical, then upper body work. Starting to get lots of compliments about losing weight/looking good. I'm going to sleep.

Bank: $370

Day 36/100

Today was probably the worst day that I've had so far, motivation-wise. I ended up at just over 25k steps yesterday, and my body just feels worn out. I woke up about 11 today, and then went back to sleep at noon. Set my alarm for 3, but snoozed it until after 4. Finally forced myself out of bed, and took a good 30min walk just to get the HR up and blood flowing. Working tonight and tomorrow night, so not yet sure what I will do for tomorrow's activity. I brought a gym bag, and may go do upper body day on my way home. Depends on how I feel. Right now, I'm just tired.

Bank: $360
Sounds like you're doing great but I would be worried about burn-out.  Rest can be as important as physical activity.  Determining the right mix of activity/rest can be a challenge but the right balance can help you stick with your program for the long haul.

I agree on rest, but idk if that has to mean doing nothing. I think going for a walk rather than running or lifting can still be an effective rest day. Thursday was rough with the 10K and everything around it, but I feel a lot better now after getting some sleep. 

I agree on rest, but idk if that has to mean doing nothing. I think going for a walk rather than running or lifting can still be an effective rest day. Thursday was rough with the 10K and everything around it, but I feel a lot better now after getting some sleep. 
Every rest day is different. Some of mine still include a 30 min hike, light yard work, pool time, etc. But if I'm beat as little as possible usually helps me bounce back stronger the next day. 

You should have a "stretch" rest day.  Do yoga or something

WELL THIS IS IT.  The last day of being a fat guy.  I'm drinking some red wine and enjoying some delicious potato chips and cookies.  The potato chips, given the impending potato onslaught, probably are not the best choice.

But off we go.  

Why, you might ask?  Why do this to yourself Otis?  Is it because your 5 year old daughter was looking at you at the town pool the other day and inquisitively commented that "daddy has boobies too?"  ("That's muscle, angel.")  No, no.  It's not that.  This has been in the works for a while.  But I've milked it.  Like my milky boobs.  And now I'm charging towards the part where people starting googling to find out how Otis got those rock hard abs.  Because it's simply time.  Because I'm tired of groaning every time I get up off the couch.  Tired of being out of breath when I get into bed each night from the walk up the stairs.  Tired of not feeling like the handsome young beast of a man I once was.  It is simply time, folks.  Because it's either this, or forever be the guy with a belly in a button down and khaki pants and a receding hairline slowly marching into the sludge that is middle-aged American dad.

No.  I will not go quietly into the night.

SPUD-ON, BESHES. 

WELL THIS IS IT.  The last day of being a fat guy.  I'm drinking some red wine and enjoying some delicious potato chips and cookies.  The potato chips, given the impending potato onslaught, probably are not the best choice.

But off we go.  

Why, you might ask?  Why do this to yourself Otis?  Is it because your 5 year old daughter was looking at you at the town pool the other day and inquisitively commented that "daddy has boobies too?"  ("That's muscle, angel.")  No, no.  It's not that.  This has been in the works for a while.  But I've milked it.  Like my milky boobs.  And now I'm charging towards the part where people starting googling to find out how Otis got those rock hard abs.  Because it's simply time.  Because I'm tired of groaning every time I get up off the couch.  Tired of being out of breath when I get into bed each night from the walk up the stairs.  Tired of not feeling like the handsome young beast of a man I once was.  It is simply time, folks.  Because it's either this, or forever be the guy with a belly in a button down and khaki pants and a receding hairline slowly marching into the sludge that is middle-aged American dad.

No.  I will not go quietly into the night.

SPUD-ON, BESHES. 
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS YOU OTIS!

I spent the week at Daytona Beach - I ate all the food and drank a lot of beer but I also exercised and played like a mad man.  Got in several runs and miles of ocean swimming - not an exaggeration, I swam from our spot down the beach to a pier.  So, I treaded water (pun intended) with my weight.  My plan was to hopefully do that and then do an extended fast once I was back - which started today.  Day 1 now in the books.  I have 10 weeks before the kids are on fall break and we head back to the beach - I’m going to try and go no alcohol and low carb for those 10 weeks.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Last weigh-in before vacation starts tomorrow.  166.2 

Plan for vacation (beach) is to try and run every morning and then swim my ### off during the day.  Realistically, I'll be eating out a bunch and drinking a lot of beer most likely so I'll take anything under 170.
Current Weight: 165.9

Very happy to come back from vacation and not set myself back.  As I mentioned I jumped straight in to a fast.  I’m at about the 30 hour mark.  Shooting for nothing but water starting now.

LET’S GO!!!

Just weighed in at my heaviest weight during my 43 years on this planet. 

Starting weight: 246.3 lbs

26% body fat

Day 1.  Just had some shoestring potatoes for breakfast.  Something like 100 calories.  I won’t eat again till potatoes at dinner.  

I spent the week at Daytona Beach - I ate all the food and drank a lot of beer but I also exercised and played like a mad man.  Got in several runs and miles of ocean swimming - not an exaggeration, I swam from our spot down the beach to a pier.  So, I treaded water (pun intended) with my weight.  My plan was to hopefully do that and then do an extended fast once I was back - which started today.  Day 1 now in the books.  I have 10 weeks before the kids are on fall break and we head back to the beach - I’m going to try and go no alcohol and low carb for those 10 weeks.  
I need to do the same.  Had a bad 4 days with alcohol over the long weekend.  Getting the smoker out and inviting friends over will do that.  Went big Saturday night.  Felt like #### Sunday.  Went back to the gym today.  I need salad, low carb and no alcohol for a few months.

Joined a new firm today.  Living out of a hotel for a few weeks. Diet isn’t pretty. 

ETA: but I’m not 247. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined a new firm today.  Living out of a hotel for a few weeks. Diet isn’t pretty. 

ETA: but I’m not 247. 
Wow congrats GB. Update the lawyer thread with details?

also, stop being fat IMO 

Users who are viewing this thread