What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (13 Viewers)

this has become a bit of a grind.  doubling up on the yoga is tedious.  i don't enjoy the return to the warmup, when i start the 2nd one.  very interested to see if i like Andie's longer sessions.  i need to find a series that are all around an hour.  at LIFETIME, in the heated room, i would be a sweaty mess at the end of 60/90 minutes.  this has only occurred once in double ups.  the day 1/15 combo.

am i correct, that are only 20 sessions of courage?

:lmao:   day 4/18 combo with 100 push ups in between 18 and 4  got me going.  4 was basically planks and pushups for 10 minutes.  i was cursing pretty good on the shoulder touches.  oh, and side planks  #fsideplanks

careful what i wish for, eh?  loved it though.

Everyone was talking about day 4 being more difficult than it looked so i tried it. After my pushups day.  F me. First time in all of these that i had to tap out. I will definitely revisit this one on a rest day but man my arms are jelly.  Time to do the same to my abs.  

Ok @krista4

I did your day 6 from the Home series just to compare.  I regretted it immediately because of all the early planks moving side to side and forward/backward, but those were manageable. The crunches were fine, no big deal. It was those low boat to boats that were brutal.  I think that was the toughest exercise of the two say sixes, but man those crossover dribbles at the end of the original day 6 were tough the first time too.  Verdict - we were both doing tough core work and I'll probably do both of these again. 

Ok @krista4

I did your day 6 from the Home series just to compare.  I regretted it immediately because of all the early planks moving side to side and forward/backward, but those were manageable. The crunches were fine, no big deal. It was those low boat to boats that were brutal.  I think that was the toughest exercise of the two say sixes, but man those crossover dribbles at the end of the original day 6 were tough the first time too.  Verdict - we were both doing tough core work and I'll probably do both of these again. 
I did the extra credit Day 6.  It's been a while since I did the other one, but remember it being a little bit more challenging, too, even though I did "option 4" (hardest) of the crossover dribble options at the end of this one and was definitely struggling for the last several of those.  I did haven't a block, but this was lying on the floor near me so I used it.  :lol:  

I did the extra credit Day 6.  It's been a while since I did the other one, but remember it being a little bit more challenging, too, even though I did "option 4" (hardest) of the crossover dribble options at the end of this one and was definitely struggling for the last several of those.  I did haven't a block, but this was lying on the floor near me so I used it.  :lol:  
The hardest part for me with my day 6 was holding my legs up after running every day. That hurts. The crossovers are just brutal abs but after holding my legs up for 20 minutes I'm fn done. 

Also I need to apologize to my wife.

But your day 6, honestly I don't know if I even did one good low boat to boat transition. It's the hardest thing I've been asked to do during these. 

Anyways, good luck newbs, you're almost there. 

An early morning with a lot of hectic stuff getting the dog fed, walked, over to the stupid doggy daycare place, getting the girls fed, and getting the girls ready for the day, as Mrs. O and I are about to jump in the car for a day trip.  Lots of good reasons I could blow today off.

Instead I crept upstairs to the attic at 6 while everyone was sleeping and did Day 4 with Sophia, focusing on back cracking (easiest one so far I must say, and my downward dog may even be improving), and then went and snuck in a row ( @eaganwildcats -- this was a quick one, and it was really poorly explained, I'm not sure what I was supposed to do with it, but it ended up being less than 10 minutes; basically they keep throwing 100 meters at you and you have to finish it in shorter and shorter time -- I was only able to do 1k, because I didn't pace myself, the explanation was horrible and I didn't know what I was looking at, so I just pulled all out for the first couple hundred meters; it then dawned on my what the game was; I'm sure I could have gone a couple thousand more meters had I known... anyway...  other weird blip -- it says my next workout up is the first one with Eric Murray; like the very intro one.  WTF?  I've gone into some terrible asensei program loop nobody ever caught in testing, and it's giving me weird crap... not sure how to resolve ... I'll figure it out tomorrow, but I really don't want to redo the easy intro workouts at this point...)

I splurged and had two (2) hard boiled eggs for breakfast with my coffee.  Figure it'll help me make less bad choices while on the road.  

Go get 'em today gang.  
Idk what you did but maybe it was the same thing. Asensei thought I was faster and stronger than I am though so by the end felt like I was going to stroke out. Might need to go back to MAF. 

Day 4 was easy though so yay for that. 

Day 5 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. 

Beginner flow is not too bad today - about 15 minutes and checks in across all your muscle groups.  There's a couple challenging poses but nothing too bad. If you have a block or a little pillow or something it might help.  https://youtu.be/mHb71QonmXo

Advanced flow is longer today - 45 minutes - and it's called deep stretch. Sounds like a nice way to wind down the week. https://youtu.be/GLy2rYHwUqY

Tomorrow is going to be a challenging day for beginners or advanced people - it's Six Pack Abs day for the beginners, and a full hour of "weight loss yoga" for the advanced people - so set aside some time when you can sweat.  It's also the first weekend day since we started this 30 days so dont forget to structure your day to fit this in. As always love to hear results and see how people are doing with this so please post after you finish. 

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life

Beginner flow is not too bad today - about 15 minutes and checks in across all your muscle groups.  There's a couple challenging poses but nothing too bad. If you have a block or a little pillow or something it might help.  https://youtu.be/mHb71QonmXo

Advanced flow is longer today - 45 minutes - and it's called deep stretch. Sounds like a nice way to wind down the week. https://youtu.be/GLy2rYHwUqY

Tomorrow is going to be a challenging day for beginners or advanced people - it's Six Pack Abs day for the beginners, and a full hour of "weight loss yoga" for the advanced people - so set aside some time when you can sweat.  It's also the first weekend day since we started this 30 days so dont forget to structure your day to fit this in. As always love to hear results and see how people are doing with this so please post after you finish. 

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life
Beat you to it; did this one about 90 minutes ago.  Loooooooooooved it.  It’s the sort of thing I’d love to find time for several times a week.  Stretchy stretchy!

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm going to be out almost all day and night tomorrow so thinking of just knocking out 5 and 6 this afternoon (beginners).  Then, follow up with a 45 minute body combat tonight.  Any concerns doing 2 yoga workouts in one day?

I'm going to be out almost all day and night tomorrow so thinking of just knocking out 5 and 6 this afternoon (beginners).  Then, follow up with a 45 minute body combat tonight.  Any concerns doing 2 yoga workouts in one day?
You do you boo boo or as the kids today say YOLO

Your abs will be sore though from all 3 together 

For over a month I have been talking about day 6 crushing my abs the first time i did it and ive been redoing it again and again when ive got time. I know you're like sure, you can do a workout and another yoga before starting this one, it's nothing.  

100 pushups/day x 5= 500 pushups this week 💪

It took 50+ years and this thread to encourage me to do that many pushups in a week.   :thanks:

I may just jump on the yoga train next. 

This thread has been a Godsend quite honestly.  When can we remove "fad" from the title?

For over a month I have been talking about day 6 crushing my abs the first time i did it and ive been redoing it again and again when ive got time. I know you're like sure, you can do a workout and another yoga before starting this one, it's nothing.  
But Day 5 and 6 work out different parts of the body.  I was then planning to do body combat (which works out pretty much everything) later in the night.  I'll skip the Ab/core part of the body combat workout.  I don't know - I'm going to give it a shot and post results later tonight.  Then I'm going to pour some drinks.  

Killer row this morning. I logged out and into asensei and there were a bunch of other workouts available. It still recommends the intro workout with Eric Murray so I just grabbed another of his 30 minute workouts.  

The I did yoga with Monica. Pretty easy one today. 

I don’t know how I’m going to make time for both on the weekend.  Going to do my damndest. 

Now for alcohol. 

So I think you all know I'm a couple of days ahead of the rest of you doing bending w/ Annabell.  Well day 7 is the introduction to side planks.  #### side planks.  This one still wasn't bad over all, lots of stretching before and after all the hard stuff.  

Keep it up chumps and chumpette.

But Day 5 and 6 work out different parts of the body.  I was then planning to do body combat (which works out pretty much everything) later in the night.  I'll skip the Ab/core part of the body combat workout.  I don't know - I'm going to give it a shot and post results later tonight.  Then I'm going to pour some drinks.  
It's really not that bad. Interested to hear what you think since you have probably been doing a lot of the same exercises already, maybe not the exact same way. The iversons are brutal. 

Just did Day 5 and 6 (Beginners).  Not too bad actually.  Day 5 is fairly easy but Day 6 will definitely challenge most of us.  The last exercise is scissors and I'm truly amazed at how far back she can get her high leg.  I couldn't even come close so I improvised a little.

i'm not following you at all.  if i offended you in some way, i apologize.  for me, day 6 was relatively easy.   :shrug:   i could easily string together 2 or 3 of these beginner sessions and then do a gnarly workout.  i'd be tired, maybe sore the next day, but it would be well within my wheel house.  

Ended up doing a 20 minute body combat before dinner.  Below was a push up routine that was part of the 20 minute workout (easily the hardest part).  When Sally goes up, you go up.  When sally goes down, you stay down (until she goes up again).  I had to go on my knees several times.  Give it a shot  @DA RAIDERS

Bring Sally Up Pushups
just had a chance to check this out.  it looks devilishly hard :devil:   

not sure when i'll be able to work it in.  tomorrow/today, is an hour and a half of yoga with bob.  plus 100 push ups.  and, i'd love to work in a nice hike, 4-6 miles.  i'll try to work it in on an easier day.  or, i may have to wait until i'm done with two a days on the yoga and have hit 30 days of 100 push ups.  which is in 11 days.

how long did you last until you went to your knees? 

just had a chance to check this out.  it looks devilishly hard :devil:   

not sure when i'll be able to work it in.  tomorrow/today, is an hour and a half of yoga with bob.  plus 100 push ups.  and, i'd love to work in a nice hike, 4-6 miles.  i'll try to work it in on an easier day.  or, i may have to wait until i'm done with two a days on the yoga and have hit 30 days of 100 push ups.  which is in 11 days.

how long did you last until you went to your knees? 
The body combat version is only 2 minutes long because it’s mixed in with other exercises (immediately after the pushups, they have us doing quick jab, cross, uppercuts).

If I tried this independently (not with body combat), I’m guessing I would be lucky to get to a minute.  Once you get on your knees your arms are dead so you’ll likely need to take breaks at that point.  The killer is when they have you down for like 4 seconds.

I WAS TOLD THERE’D BE NO CRUNCHES

Day 6 down. First weekend day. I cried a little inside. Actually got both my row and my yoga done before Mrs. O even got out of bed. All while feeding three kids and walking and feeding a dog. NO BIG DEAL. 

@eaganwildcats, I did some reading on the website about the app. Learned that if you swipe left on the tile for any workout group, there is an option to “activate” that workout. So I restarted Eric Murray. It wouldn’t let me pick up after the third workout, but I really want to finish his module before doing others, so going with it. Not a terribly hard row, but 25 minutes of rowing that got the blood flowing and broke a little sweat.  

These workouts at this point even combined aren’t terribly long—under an hour total—but starting to feel good about them, and more importantly I notice it affecting how I eat, and my cravings. I have a piece of chocolate at night, or a cookie, but just one. No interest in a rack. I otherwise am skipping on snacking and desserts during the week and eating sensibly. Even the drinking isn’t out of control. 

Staying the course.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I WAS TOLD THERE’D BE NO CRUNCHES

Day 6 down. First weekend day. I cried a little inside. Actually got both my row and my yoga done before Mrs. O even got out of bed. All while feeding three kids and walking and feeding a dog. NO BIG DEAL. 

@eaganwildcats, I did some reading on the website about the app. Learned that if you swipe left on the tile for any workout group, there is an option to “activate” that workout. So I restarted Eric Murray. It wouldn’t let me pick up after the third workout, but I really want to finish his module before doing others, so going with it. Not a terribly hard row, but 25 minutes of rowing that got the blood flowing and broke a little sweat.  

These workouts at this point even combined aren’t terribly long—under an hour total—but starting to feel good about them, and more importantly I notice it affecting how I eat, and my cravings. I have a piece of chocolate at night, or a cookie, but just one. No interest in a rack. I otherwise am skipping on snacking and desserts during the week and eating sensibly. Even the drinking isn’t out of control. 

Staying the course.  
Highly impressive. Honestly I’m somewhat looking forward to the asensei routine being over. I have a sneaking suspicion that since it’s pushing me pretty hard and elevating my HR 170+ in most of these rows it’s making me way more hungry than normal. Didn’t eat crap, but ate a decent amount last night because I just felt famished. Planning to get through the program in the next couple weeks to see what I can do on the 2k before settling back in to a little lower intensity routine. Maybe row almost every day + alternating push ups and ab ripper x.  

Day 6 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. 

Beginner flow is my favorite of the series and the one I've done the most - six pack abs.  I do not have six pack abs, but I feel a lot stronger in my core since I started doing this one. Only 18 minutes. Bring a block or a pillow or maybe even a little ball if you have kids.  Would love to hear from anyone who is doing this for the first time to see what you guys think because this one was the first one that made me sit up and take notice that this was hard exercise more than just active stretching. https://youtu.be/tWPpdP4IhEY

Advanced flow is the longest one yet today - a full hour of "weight loss yoga".  Lots of planks and down dogs so I just finished this one and I'll probably have some lunch before doing my push ups later. https://youtu.be/qSG7PsdZG04

2000 push ups in 20 days.  pretty cool.  definitely noticing, a bulking up, of the upper chest.

20 days with doug, plus 5 bonus days.  

one hour and 30 minutes of yoga today.  had a good sweat going.  love the full boat finish.  little trickster starting playing the music early.

taco truck is coming to the neighbor hood tonight.  tacos and beer.  me likey..

Users who are viewing this thread