What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

Invest in an Aria or similar product from Withings imo.  
Love my Aria.  Step on it daily.  even if I don't log here every day, it's nice to see the trendline.  Also, because Keerock and Chaka and a couple other GBs here are "friends" on Fitbit, every now and then they send me a "THUMBSUP" of encouragement when they get a notification that I dropped some more weight. :hifive:  

Otis said:

@Sand

Two steps forward and one step back continues.  This weekend was ungood.  Looking forward to potatoes all week. Have a new secret weapon that may work. 
Actually, hell, this puts me lower than last Monday.  Amazing given the carnage of this past weekend.

And now Mrs. Oats and I found a new potato magic weapon that will surely cause major losses.  And we've decided we feel awful and need to give up drinking.  Can't wait for next week's weigh in.  Mindbending stuff it will be.

Otis said:

@Sand

Two steps forward and one step back continues.  This weekend was ungood.  Looking forward to potatoes all week. Have a new secret weapon that may work. 
Actually, hell, this puts me lower than last Monday.  Amazing given the carnage of this past weekend.

And now Mrs. Oats and I found a new potato magic weapon that will surely cause major losses.  And we've decided we feel awful and need to give up drinking.  Can't wait for next week's weigh in.  Mindbending stuff it will be.
My money is on Otis to win the NEXT challenge.

I hadn't seen that, so thanks, and awesome if I've actually regenerated beta cells. I/We always figured I was prediabetic and just fended it off by dumping 100 pounds.

So fatasses. I did blow it from Thanksgiving to Super Bowl Sunday. I was coaching a girls bball team through much of that and we had so many road games with fast food pit stops that I saw 219 after the Super Bowl. Remember I was once 3 bills so... still way better but 220 has been my panic number the decade since I dropped. So I decided I wanted to see a 1 instead of a 2, like kutta, before my birthday, which is today. Yeah happy to me, I'm 55 and it sucks. I was 212 Wednesday when I first posted in this thread. I was "on a kick" because I needed to drop 13 pounds in five days. I knew a low car water dump was my only chance, and I knew nothing gets me into ketosis faster than fasting, so I did for 30 hours a couple times. 202. I feel like a fighter that missed weight, and now I have to go sit in a sauna and spit all day. 

/\ This is maintenance /\

OMG OATS!!! QUIT TICKLING MY ### WITH A FEATHER. WHAT IS THIS NEW POTATO MAGIC WEAPON YOU SPEAK OF?!?!?!?

Went to a workout class during lunch today (called above the belt).  I was the only guy and a right before we started a 8/9 offdee decided her spot was right in front of me providing lots of motivation during the session.  After the class she asked if I enjoyed the class.  I simply responded "I had a complete workout" to which she laughed and said "at least your are honest".

I swear my wife has a sixth sense.  She called shortly after (took a sick kid to the dr) and asked how the class went.  I told her it was really good.  She asked if I was the only guy, to which I said yes.  She then asked if a hot girl was in the class.  I responded that there were varying degrees of women in the class.  She then responded, "as long as it only provides motivation".  To which I responded, "I don't need any more motivation than what you provide".  She told me shut up and changed the subject.

After 10 day ski trip (lots of booze etc), I am exactly where I was two weeks ago.  266.2

I am very happy with that.

Went to a workout class during lunch today (called above the belt).  I was the only guy and a right before we started a 8/9 offdee decided her spot was right in front of me providing lots of motivation during the session.  After the class she asked if I enjoyed the class.  I simply responded "I had a complete workout" to which she laughed and said "at least your are honest".

I swear my wife has a sixth sense.  She called shortly after (took a sick kid to the dr) and asked how the class went.  I told her it was really good.  She asked if I was the only guy, to which I said yes.  She then asked if a hot girl was in the class.  I responded that there were varying degrees of women in the class.  She then responded, "as long as it only provides motivation".  To which I responded, "I don't need any more motivation than what you provide".  She told me shut up and changed the subject.
Tell her you meant motivation to get yourself in shape for after the divorce.  That's always funny. 

After 10 day ski trip (lots of booze etc), I am exactly where I was two weeks ago.  266.2.
Do you ever actually, you know, ski on these "ski trips"? Because that's pretty good exercise. I would think some people would actually lose weight while skiing for 10 days straight?

Do you ever actually, you know, ski on these "ski trips"? Because that's pretty good exercise. I would think some people would actually lose weight while skiing for 10 days straight?
Did a lot of skiing this trip.  Unfortunately, the skiing was terrible for the first half but it was epically good for the last few days.  Think first tracks down double blacks in waist deep powder.  

I don't know if skiing is good exercise but I do know that the apres ski was pretty good this trip.

Did a lot of skiing this trip.  Unfortunately, the skiing was terrible for the first half but it was epically good for the last few days.  Think first tracks down double blacks in waist deep powder.  

I don't know if skiing is good exercise but I do know that the apres ski was pretty good this trip.
:thumbup:  Gonna start using this. Sounds so European.

Nagging Wife: Why do you always have to keep beer in the locker and carry a flask when you ski?

Me: Just enjoying the apres ski scene, mi Amore!

You were skiing double blacks and managed to not lose weight?  Were you drinking your weight in beer after?

Love my Aria.  Step on it daily.  even if I don't log here every day, it's nice to see the trendline.  Also, because Keerock and Chaka and a couple other GBs here are "friends" on Fitbit, every now and then they send me a "THUMBSUP" of encouragement when they get a notification that I dropped some more weight. :hifive:  
Same here.  She's an evil temptress.

Otis said:

@Sand

You kill me brother.  Why don't you just moderate the ####ty things you eat/drink?  Throw in some healthy food for some balance.  The potato thing is whack  

It's weird, I actually care about you guys. Especially since I have made the progress I have made and know it's possible. It's NOT easy, but it's possible. My main impetus is my family. My smoking hot wife, that is 10 years my junior and my 10 year old daughter. I want to stick around for awhile.  We all have our reasons.  hell, one of mine was to not grunt when I picked something up off the floor.  Now I can put my hands flat on the floor when I stretch.  

Keep it up guys,!  It's worth it!!

I'm skiing like a mofo this week. Will report next Saturday. I fully expect to lose body fat and possibly some weight. 

Sometimes I feel like my body feels like this is the weight its supposed to be :lol:

209.7.     Not even 3 pounds but I hit 214 at one point in this :lol:

199 by end of March

189 by 5/1   is my new goal.

Put that Paczki Down.   Pazckis are for closers only.  You think I'm ####### with you.  I'm not ####### with you.  I'm here from downtown. I'm here from Mitch and Murray. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The 10-K is filed so it's time to get started.  I haven't posted a weigh in since week 1 or 2.  Started at 252.6 and got up to 257 in late Jan.  Weighed in at 244 this morning.  Shooting for 15 more pounds by the end of March which would put me in the 220s for the first time in 3+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread