What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (5 Viewers)

I've got a boatload of info/references if you'd like... pm me your email addy and I'll send.
Appreciate the offer GB but I think I'm overloaded on the details at this point.  I'm a believer.  Both the science I've read, the doctors/experts I've listened to and my personal anecdotal evidence is enough to have me firmly convinced.  The hard part is the execution.  I very much want to drink beer and eat regular pizza and french fries and ice cream.  And once in a while is ok but you have to make those choices.  The easy one for me right now is to just not drink calories.  It's a no-brainer IMO.  Also, coincidentally that is what the Fat Head guy did.  During my "bad" times I would easily drink 1,000-1,500 calories in a day.  Between coffee with sugar, sodas, sweet tea and alcohol.  I was getting my full day of calories plus a #### ton of carbs without having eaten anything.

Appreciate the offer GB but I think I'm overloaded on the details at this point.  I'm a believer.  Both the science I've read, the doctors/experts I've listened to and my personal anecdotal evidence is enough to have me firmly convinced.  The hard part is the execution.  I very much want to drink beer and eat regular pizza and french fries and ice cream.  And once in a while is ok but you have to make those choices.  The easy one for me right now is to just not drink calories.  It's a no-brainer IMO.  Also, coincidentally that is what the Fat Head guy did.  During my "bad" times I would easily drink 1,000-1,500 calories in a day.  Between coffee with sugar, sodas, sweet tea and alcohol.  I was getting my full day of calories plus a #### ton of carbs without having eaten anything.
I won't believe unless   :useless:

Seriously - @James Daulton and @BassNBrew or others who are calories in/calories out - watch the video.  It dumbs it down for people like me to understand so you surely will.  Nothing that we haven't discussed numerous times in these threads but it really hits the point home that not all calories are equal (which I think you both kind of support)

I'm not really qualified but I'd recommend watching that video.  Here is what I'm doing:

What you can eat - meat, veggies, eggs, fruit (very limited though), butter/ghee, salads, nuts, beans (the last two are debatable but they are on MY plan), water/water/water

What you should avoid - bread, rice (also debatable - MT could expound), potatoes (see: rice), pasta, flour, sugar, all processed foods, calories from any drinks

Basically do a search for LCHF and you'll find what you need.  IMO - doing really low carb is just for weight loss.  I don't think it makes for a good maintenance plan (at least for me) because eventually your body rebels.  What the Fat Head video shows, among other things, is that you can eat out at fast food places (if you must) just make sensible choices - skip the soda, skip the fries or only have a few.  Eat real food, our bodies are meant to eat meat - saturated fat is not bad.  Trans fat is.  Cholesterol is good - the body needs its.

Again, I'm a complete layman but that's a quick run down - hopefully I didn't screw anything up.
Thanks.

Major wind storm here last night, roads closed all over the place, been working from home this morning, luckily we have power, most in my town do not and it could be days before it is restored.  Have to go out and fix my pool cover and a few other things this afternoon before it gets colder and wind picks up again tomorrow (40MPH gusts)  Nothing like the 81 MPH we got yesterday officially reported at the airport.  No school for the kids today, trees, poles down all over.  Roof ripped off of the high school.. Crazy stuff.

Will try to catch the video tonight.  Thanks 

Seriously - @James Daulton and @BassNBrew or others who are calories in/calories out - watch the video.  It dumbs it down for people like me to understand so you surely will.  Nothing that we haven't discussed numerous times in these threads but it really hits the point home that not all calories are equal (which I think you both kind of support)
I had seen this video before but it's been awhile.  I mean he's a #1FanofGaryTaubes.  

I do think later Spurlock admitted that he supplemented with weight gainer throughout the event, but I can't be sure.

My  :2cents:  on LCHF pizza crust.

I've tried 3 varieties...

1) Cauliflower - OK, but not close to "real" pizza.  With enough toppings it's tolerable. 
2) Egg/cheese - Awful.  Like a burnt omelette with pizza toppings
3) "FatHead" (Almond flour, cheese, egg) - Best of the bunch.  If done right makes a good thin/crispy crust style 'zza.  Haven't perfected any thicker styles yet.
Oh, and I haven't tried this... but it gets some praise in the LCHF community.  Chicken based pizza crust:

Take 1 whole can of canned chicken (I used Valley Fresh 100% Natural Chicken Breast) and drain any excess water. Use a strainer to drain further and try to get as dry as possible. Break up on to a non stick baking pan (silpats are a lifesaver) and bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes, until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and mix the chicken with one egg and 1 oz of grated parmesan cheese. Mix together well with a fork or pulse in a food processor, which I did and it basically turned it into a perfectly moldable dough. Take mixture and flatten out with a spatula on the nonstick baking pan. Push sides up to create an edge/crust. Drizzle with a half a teaspoon of olive oil if your calorie allotment allows for it. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 500 degrees until slightly browned and crisp. Pull from oven. Top with absolutely whatever ingredients you are on your favorite pizza. I used Studds BBQ sauce, mozzarella, red onions, bacon, green peppers, jalapeno and cilantro. Bake for another 6-8 minutes, depending on crust thickness and enjoy!

You've got good cardio for a fat guy.
It's coming.  More of a diesel than a speedster.  The marathon with 3000 ft of climbing that I hiked/jogged 1.5 weeks ago has solidified the base.  Started with a top mile time of 12.5 min back in Feb and knocked out a 9 min mile at the end of the workout this morning.  If I drop forty more pounds that would be a 7:40 mile without any additional cardio gains.  Hauling around this weight has it's advantages now as long as it doesn't lead to an injury.

BassNBrew said:
It's coming.  More of a diesel than a speedster.  The marathon with 3000 ft of climbing that I hiked/jogged 1.5 weeks ago has solidified the base.  Started with a top mile time of 12.5 min back in Feb and knocked out a 9 min mile at the end of the workout this morning.  If I drop forty more pounds that would be a 7:40 mile without any additional cardio gains.  Hauling around this weight has it's advantages now as long as it doesn't lead to an injury.
I was 50 pounds lighter when I ran my fastest mile at 5:10 and was knocking out 16 min and change 5ks while hungover af.  I was kenyan skinny, it was not good times.

Dang, high school?
college.  I came out of high school as a competitive runner and got faster the first couple years of college then got fatter and slower.  Then switched to riding bikes.  I rode at 145-155 after running at 125-130.

Now doing mostly bro stuff at 175 

college.  I came out of high school as a competitive runner and got faster the first couple years of college then got fatter and slower.  Then switched to riding bikes.  I rode at 145-155 after running at 125-130.

Lance, is that you?

Lance, is that you?

Lance, is that you?
I used to ride, a ton. Did rides with a couple of FBGs. The time that it takes to be in top riding shape was just too much.  Would get up before dawn, ride 2 hours, go to work, and get on xbox with the FBG crew and ride more while in my living room.  4-6 hours sat/sun.  And that was to not even be strong enough to qualify for the lowest competitive circuit level.

I barely ride at all now.  I miss it and will probably get back there someday in the future.  

I used to ride, a ton. Did rides with a couple of FBGs. The time that it takes to be in top riding shape was just too much.  Would get up before dawn, ride 2 hours, go to work, and get on xbox with the FBG crew and ride more while in my living room.  4-6 hours sat/sun.  And that was to not even be strong enough to qualify for the lowest competitive circuit level.

I barely ride at all now.  I miss it and will probably get back there someday in the future.  
My riding was cut back significantly when I racing an event and a doctor from Wake Forest University with two kids and a wife hit a patch of gravel on a descent 100 yards in front of me and slid into the wheel well of an on coming car.  As I was dodging bouncing debris I distinctly got to witness blood spewing from his neck like a fire hose was turned on.  He was probably dead by the time I was able to come to a stop.  Between the careless drivers out there that have put two of my friends in the hospital for months and the riders who think every training ride is the finish on the Champs-Elysées, my motivation is shot.  I became a runner, albeit a slow one.

My riding was cut back significantly when I racing an event and a doctor from Wake Forest University with two kids and a wife hit a patch of gravel on a descent 100 yards in front of me and slid into the wheel well of an on coming car.  As I was dodging bouncing debris I distinctly got to witness blood spewing from his neck like a fire hose was turned on.  He was probably dead by the time I was able to come to a stop.  Between the careless drivers out there that have put two of my friends in the hospital for months and the riders who think every training ride is the finish on the Champs-Elysées, my motivation is shot.  I became a runner, albeit a slow one.
Christ, as a runner who can't run anymore who is thinking about getting a road bike this is what scares the crap out of me. 

Yeah - I did a few sprint triathlons and one half IM years ago.  What you describe sounds horrible.

Oh, and I haven't tried this... but it gets some praise in the LCHF community.  Chicken based pizza crust:

Take 1 whole can of canned chicken (I used Valley Fresh 100% Natural Chicken Breast) and drain any excess water. Use a strainer to drain further and try to get as dry as possible. Break up on to a non stick baking pan (silpats are a lifesaver) and bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes, until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and mix the chicken with one egg and 1 oz of grated parmesan cheese. Mix together well with a fork or pulse in a food processor, which I did and it basically turned it into a perfectly moldable dough. Take mixture and flatten out with a spatula on the nonstick baking pan. Push sides up to create an edge/crust. Drizzle with a half a teaspoon of olive oil if your calorie allotment allows for it. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 500 degrees until slightly browned and crisp. Pull from oven. Top with absolutely whatever ingredients you are on your favorite pizza. I used Studds BBQ sauce, mozzarella, red onions, bacon, green peppers, jalapeno and cilantro. Bake for another 6-8 minutes, depending on crust thickness and enjoy!
Kee - Do you even Meatza?

http://cavemanketo.com/meatza/

Never said ruined  just the fact that I can go so long and then just have a break down randomly
Just curious - did you stop there because you wanted the food or you needed something convenient and were hungry?  Next time you do it think of this thread and either drive on by of if you must stop don't get fries and a drink.  Get water and no fries.  Also, stop beating yourself up for slip-ups - very few if any people eat clean 100% of the time.  Start fresh tomorrow.

Just curious - did you stop there because you wanted the food or you needed something convenient and were hungry?  Next time you do it think of this thread and either drive on by of if you must stop don't get fries and a drink.  Get water and no fries.  Also, stop beating yourself up for slip-ups - very few if any people eat clean 100% of the time.  Start fresh tomorrow.
Half hungry on drive home half craving

I just could have waited easily to get home

Having a terrible week after having an awesome week last week.  Lots of booze. Big steakhouse dinner with wine and a giant ribeye last night with a client. Another dinner our Saturday night and probably our usual lunch out on Saturday with the family. Sunday is a reboot day. Need to get back in the groove. 

Having a terrible week after having an awesome week last week.  Lots of booze. Big steakhouse dinner with wine and a giant ribeye last night with a client. Another dinner our Saturday night and probably our usual lunch out on Saturday with the family. Sunday is a reboot day. Need to get back in the groove. 
What happened to the secret Mrs Otis potato weapon?

Horrible.

Quick question.....what is up with bicycle riders going side by side instead of one behind the other? Going side by side puts the one guy in the road and much closer to traffic. Why?

Horrible.

Quick question.....what is up with bicycle riders going side by side instead of one behind the other? Going side by side puts the one guy in the road and much closer to traffic. Why?
Just a guess, but maybe so they can talk to each other.  Or could have something to do with drifting/not wanting to drift...whatever kind of workout they are trying to get.  

Go low carb, high fat. Ribeyes are about the best thing you can eat. Throw in some no-carb bourbon and that's a great meal.

I've now lost five pounds in seven days and I've had two big bone-in ribeyes in that time. 

And two pounds of bacon...

Still don't get how you gain weight eating at steakhouses.  It's the easiest place in the dining world to hit the right macros for a cut.  What the #### do you order.  Exactly.

culdeus said:
Still don't get how you gain weight eating at steakhouses.  It's the easiest place in the dining world to hit the right macros for a cut.  What the #### do you order.  Exactly.
Well, since he isn't doing LCHF the rest of the time it's understandable (to me at least) that eat a large amount of calories and then later eating a bunch of potatoes isn't the recipe for weight loss.

Users who are viewing this thread