Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Otis

Otis fad diet thread — May Challenge: folks are counting calories. There are lots of calories in brownies FYI

5 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I honestly don't know how you guys (assuming you are previous drinkers) have the will power to stop drinking at a time like this.  Being cooped up all day and night trying to work, workout and handle the kids is hitting me hard.  I absolutely need a drink.  Kudos to you.

I haven't had a drink since...[checks notes]...Monday.  That streak will end today.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Otis said:

I wisely refused to buy more ever since we killed a few boxes in the Fall.  Snubbing Girl Scouts like a boss. 

I am holding steady at 168, after briefly getting just under 164. I can live without a six-pack. I am not sure I can live without Thin Mints and Tagalongs though.

Still working on strength training, with my KBs, resistance bands, and a janky little barbell set I picked up the other day.

Edited by RedmondLonghorn

11 hours ago, Otis said:

Mrs. O and I drank most of the wine last night. Which is good because I don’t want to drink today. Or ever again. I much preferred not drinking. But lockdown has been hard. 

On my wife’s encroachment on the elderly, and their hour shopping spree, she bought a bunch of beer for me.  I, sort of, wish she hadn’t. But...lockdown is hard. 

Went running again today. Calves still pissed, but my knees are, remarkably, doing quite well!!  Very happy about that!

9 minute mile again. Heart rate stayed much lower this time.  Gonna wait a day or two, to run again. Gotta figure out some goofy workout, with very little equipment for the next few days. 

• Like 1

You know if all you guys just ran a little more, you wouldn’t have to do crazy #### like giving up beer... :P

Sincerely,

A running nerd from the 10K thread 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

5 minutes ago, gruecd said:

You know if all you guys just ran a little more, you wouldn’t have to do crazy #### like giving up beer... :P

Sincerely,

A running nerd from the 10K thread 

Crushed another 9 minute mile today. 🏃‍♂️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bostonfred said:

I improved my 5k from around 30 minutes to under 26 in a month while running 4 miles at a MAF pace slower than 42 minutes.  Your experience may be different but I bet you're faster than you think you are 

You were right BF, 5k in 28:43. Didn’t look at my heart rate or time at all, just went by feel. Average HR was 20 above MAF though. 

Might be able to get under 28:00. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Did 4 miles today at 10 minute pace.  HR was at around 150 though and my right knee started giving in near the end.

• Like 1

BTW I went running around 5:45 in the evening today and there were very few people out (and the weather was beautiful).  Anytime I came close to another runner/biker, we avoided each other like the plague.  It was nice to see.

3 hours ago, The Flying Turtle said:

You were right BF, 5k in 28:43. Didn’t look at my heart rate or time at all, just went by feel. Average HR was 20 above MAF though. 

Might be able to get under 28:00. 

Your MAF runs are getting your heart and legs used to running further before bonking.  When you can run a fast 5k without getting tired, your speed will go way up.  It turns out the best way to get to running a fast 5k without getting tired is to be able to run a slow 5 miles without getting tired.  All those MAF runs were like Mr. Miyagi making you paint the fence and now he's raining haymakers down on you and you're like wax on sand the floor HOW DID I KNOW TO DO THIS

• Laughing 3

15 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Did 4 miles today at 10 minute pace.  HR was at around 150 though and my right knee started giving in near the end.

It's really good that you're able to keep 150 hr for 40 minutes. Keep up the good work. Love that you're getting to run outside.  

4 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Crushed another 9 minute mile today. 🏃‍♂️

Killing it. Otis Strong

• Love 1

5 hours ago, krista4 said:

I haven't had a drink since...[checks notes]...Monday.  That streak will end today.

Your commitment to the drunk plank event is an inspiration to us all. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I honestly don't know how you guys (assuming you are previous drinkers) have the will power to stop drinking at a time like this.  Being cooped up all day and night trying to work, workout and handle the kids is hitting me hard.  I absolutely need a drink.  Kudos to you.

Mrs O and I picked drinking back up during this. Everyone retreating to old comforts. 

• Laughing 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 8:32 PM, krista4 said:

Back into health mode.  Decided to start a new 100-day Tecumseh challenge yesterday, so I completed Day Two today.  By the way, I'm going to continue to call these "Tecumseh challenges" for eternity.  I haven't started the 30-day yoga yet because I made the mistake of asking a friend to do it with me (virtually) and she has to "research it" before deciding on a starting date.  Sigh.  Did gain a pound last week, which wasn't so bad considering taking four days off from working out, and all the wine and the pizza and the tequila and the pizza and the wine.  Back to healthier eating today, new Tecumseh challenge, yoga sometime after the research is completed...BRING IT.

Getting back on board on Saturday. Going to start a new 100 days, with a 30 minute minimum. I have a week off (since I was supposed to be in Italy :rant: )so I shouldn't have any problem getting into a pattern. Looking to drop 15 pounds in 30 days.

• Like 1

15 Pounds in 30 days?  Wow!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tecumseh said:

Getting back on board on Saturday. Going to start a new 100 days, with a 30 minute minimum. I have a week off (since I was supposed to be in Italy :rant: )so I shouldn't have any problem getting into a pattern. Looking to drop 15 pounds in 30 days.

:thumbup:  I completed Day Five today!  We'll just be six days apart, so let's keep in touch on how we're doing.

• Like 2

Wife’s still baking deliciousness, I’m still eating it. Plus, driniking the covid away. :pickle:

Tanner's trivia night wasn't so good for my eating and drinking.

But hella fun.

1 hour ago, krista4 said:

Tanner's trivia night wasn't so good for my eating and drinking.

But hella fun.

Crap I almost did this. Almost. Now sad I didn’t. 

6 minutes ago, Otis said:

Crap I almost did this. Almost. Now sad I didn’t. 

It will happen again. It was very amusing.  Go to bed oats!

you need to be rowing in 4? Hours!

Jan 1 - 257.7

Mar 27 - 241.0

Been stuck at this weight for a while.  I just can't break below 240.

I did beat my 21 mile running goal (28 this week).  I have revised the goal from 10% increase/week to 1 mile increase/week with a max of 28.  I just don't have time to run much more than that.

• Like 1

Page 3 - oh my. Tough March.

Back in the game tomorrow. Seems like all previously discussed challenges are fizzling out. I am shooting for 1,000 minutes of exercise in April if anyone cares to join in - figured it would be open to a wider audience if it wasn't just meters rowed 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

sort of joined a push up challenge in the 10 k thread.  just trying to get some exercise in everyday.  i'm attempting to train my body to run again..

eta:  and i'm drinking more than usual.

Edited by DA RAIDERS
  • Like 2

At this point, I feel like I just need to buy a treadmill.  My wife and I now will need to start home schooling our son on top of our day jobs (I'm sure many of you are in the same boat here).  It's going to be almost impossible for me to get a run in outside of the weekends.  :(

• Like 1

But one thing we are doing with the little ones is incorporating a daily workout (typically a HIIT/Tabata routine).  So I'm still at least able to get in 30 minutes of exercise pretty easily.

• Like 2

Just now, fred_1_15301 said:

At this point, I feel like I just need to buy a treadmill.  My wife and I now will need to start home schooling our son on top of our day jobs (I'm sure many of you are in the same boat here).  It's going to be almost impossible for me to get a run in outside of the weekends.  :(

where to put it my problem.  things are f'ing huge

1 minute ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I am attempting an @Otis-lite wakeup tomorrow to attempt to get the exercise in prior to the day kicking in. Back when all I had to do during the day was work it wasn't too bad to workout after bed time. Adding wrangling the 2 year old to the daily responsibilities has changed the evening energy levels a tiny little bit. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

where to put it my problem.  things are f'ing huge

I actually have a space in the basement for it but I don't want to spend the money.  We are paying a lot of money for our Y membership (and before Covid we used it a ton) and I just don't think it makes sense to buy a treadmill for the short term.  But if this situation doesn't improve, I may not have a choice.

Edited by fred_1_15301

2 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

I am attempting an @Otis-lite wakeup tomorrow to attempt to get the exercise in prior to the day kicking in. Back when all I had to do during the day was work it wasn't too bad to workout after bed time. Adding wrangling the 2 year old to the daily responsibilities has changed the evening energy levels a tiny little bit. 

Yes I guess waking up at 4:30 every morning would be one solution.  I'm just not sure I'm wired like that yet.  

1 minute ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Yes I guess waking up at 4:30 every morning would be one solution.  I'm just not sure I'm wired like that yet.  

f that noise

2 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Yeah, shooting for 6:15. Rowing by 6:30. Done by 7:15 - boy wakes up like 7:15-7:30 and I am golden. We shall see. I am awful at waking up early.

• Like 2

I start work at 6am but I'm used to taking my "lunch break"at 8 to take my kid to school.  He's still waking up around 7 even without school so I'm thinking of using that time to get a walk in and get him some exercise before he goes wild all day. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

Back in the game tomorrow. Seems like all previously discussed challenges are fizzling out. I am shooting for 1,000 minutes of exercise in April if anyone cares to join in - figured it would be open to a wider audience if it wasn't just meters rowed 🙂

I'll do the April 1000-minute challenge with you!  :norowing:

• Laughing 1

46 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

5 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I'd be down for that as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, krista4 said:

what means this?

Day 1/100 (SAT)... And so it begins. Starting weight is 226 :yucky:. Played a round of disc golf, and later in the evening went for about a mile walk with my kid and the dogs.

Day 2/100 (SUN)- Went for a 30min run around my neighborhood. I expect my eyes will be crusted shut in the morning from all the pollen, but it doesn't bother me much respiratory-wise, so it was good to get out. I was very pleased that I was even able to run for 30mins straight without stopping, considering how out of shape I've gotten. 

No bank this time around. Just undoing damage.

• Like 1

Just now, DA RAIDERS said:

what means this?

See above- 1000mins of exercise in April.

1 hour ago, fred_1_15301 said:

My wife and I are each taking a one hour break to exercise each day. The other stays home with the kids. 

8 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

I'd be down for that as well.

Hell, I'd be in too :allrowing: 

• Like 2

I went for my run last night.  Started out as a MAF run then after a mile and change I realized i just didn't feel like running for that long.  So i decided to run a fast mile and realized I can't go that fast so it became a fast quarter mile instead.  Gave in and did some intervals at 8.6 mph (7 minute mile pace). Finished with run/walk/despair-for-my-fitness-level. 

But i went.  And I'll go again tonigh.  

• Like 3

Day 1 success. 10k in ~44 minutes.

I'll be tracking anyone who posts they want in to the April 1K minute x-ercise challenge. Once we are going just post your minutes each day and I'll keep a running tally going and update periodically. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

I'll be tracking anyone who posts they want in to the April 1K minute x-ercise challenge. Once we are going just post your minutes each day and I'll keep a running tally going and update periodically. 

Wait - you ran at a 7 minute mile pace for 10 KM?  Why aren't you hanging out in the 10K thread with the pros?

ETA - Are you talking about rowing?

Edited by fred_1_15301
  • Thinking 1

9 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

See above- 1000mins of exercise in April.

Any week in April that we want?  ;)

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, eaganwildcats said:

I'm in 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eaganwildcats said:

I am in for 1000 minutes in April. 

I’m in for 1000 minutes in April.   I should probably join the 1500 minutes program, with my eating habits these days.   

• Like 1