What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (5 Viewers)

After the fajitas I spent some quality time in the bathroom.

Post dinner and ablutions.. 237 even.  7 pounds down.

I declare the potato diet a resounding success.  Modifying for weekend, back to it Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
You posted your before and afters.  They aren't far off at all from my annual yoyo routine at 39.

You are seeing more in that selfie mirror shot than others.

As mentioned a few times prior.. you are getting really invested in these threads.
I think you might be seeing yourself a little differently, TBH... This was the Curse fam dinner tonight, pretty typical of how we eat most of the time. Brussel Sprouts, beets, wife had chicken soup too, and a rotisserie chicken. You ####ers can make all the jokes you want, but I'm approaching 10% BF at 210, that is some rare air with a tiny percentage of people in the world able to make that claim. I'm going to the gym for about 2 hours right now - yea, your 1 less fajita that you took back along with the dog walking and you prob look like my before pictures.

Also, if we're talking about being invested, weren't you the guy that voted in the ####### tourney :e:lsewhere like 78 times to make sure you didn't advance?

I guess that I'd say this.

i used to be 31-32 years old and weigh 165 lbs. 32 inch waist. Two different competitive softball teams and pickup hoops every week. Workouts at the company gym 3-4 lunches a week. 

I'm 48 now. When you hit this age bracket, I hope you do adjust.  I'm gonna prep you that there are things that make it harder than you think. 

Having a baby. Having a baby with health issues. Having twins. Advancing in your job. Traveling more. 80 hour weeks. Trouble at home.  A divorce or bad marriage. An elderly parent with Alzheimer's or COPD. Get a call from your Mom in the hospital when she can't breathe and is scared of dying and let's see you tell her you have a cross fit class you're late for. Or leaving work and going to a probate lawyer to try and get her estate in order. Or going home and trying to cancel their credit cards or cable without copies of the death cert. Or maybe just loving your home life and wanting to spend time home with your kids or at their talent show instead of the gym. 

Sht does happen.  Maybe you've dealt with some of it. I don't know. Good luck if you haven't. It's harder than you might think. 
With all the crap you like to give me, I'm glad to see you understand the challenges.

Shirtless romeo, just curious, do you have a wife and kids?

I think you might be seeing yourself a little differently, TBH... This was the Curse fam dinner tonight, pretty typical of how we eat most of the time. Brussel Sprouts, beets, wife had chicken soup too, and a rotisserie chicken. You ####ers can make all the jokes you want, but I'm approaching 10% BF at 210, that is some rare air with a tiny percentage of people in the world able to make that claim. I'm going to the gym for about 2 hours right now - yea, your 1 less fajita that you took back along with the dog walking and you prob look like my before pictures.
Wait a minute, this isn't shtick?

As an objective outside party who has agreed with FC on several posts...FC, you look nowhere near 10% BF.  You clearly work out and eat high protein, but you don't look in the "elite" class.

Also, if we're talking about being invested, weren't you the guy that voted in the ####### tourney :e:lsewhere like 78 times to make sure you didn't advance?
:lmao:

Relax love handles.

What kind of steroids do you recommend?

Bro, i've forgotten more about technology and digital marketing this morning than you'll ever know. How about this physique?  I'm 55, had 3 spinal surgeries this month. These guys want to eat some spuds and give us some enjoyment?  I say sit back and enjoy the show. No need to lecture them. We get it, man.  You work out, you make good money, you live in NYC.  Congrats. We're all impressed.
:lmao:

I thought you might be a Fennis alias, this confirms it.

Can I get a rundown of names of dudes who pulled the macho shtick?

The "I lift" guy?

Power Monster?

Other?

Can I get a rundown of names of dudes who pulled the macho shtick?

The "I lift" guy?

Power Monster?

Other?
What about the guy who posted something about his legs dragging on the ground through the hole in his car's floorboard?  Did that happen or was I dreaming?

Took my family to Lupe Tortilla.

Split 1lb Chicken Fajitas with the wife.  Chicken, guac, onions, bell peppers, salsa. Water.

Usually I could/would gorge on this stuff.  My wife ate more than I did.

I'll eat more potatoes over the weekend, but this will let me do the things I like to do without passing out at the end of my weeks.
love me some Lupe

Bro, i've forgotten more about technology and digital marketing this morning than you'll ever know. How about this physique?  I'm 55, had 3 spinal surgeries this month. These guys want to eat some spuds and give us some enjoyment?  I say sit back and enjoy the show. No need to lecture them. We get it, man.  You work out, you make good money, you live in NYC.  Congrats. We're all impressed.
You missed the point of my post. Age isn't a factor when it comes to advice, especially good advice - sometimes the best advice is the simplest and most boring. Minor tweaks to diet, add in exercise... Simple/easy advice that almost anyone can follow (regardless of age) with some willpower.

We have an intern that started working with our team Monday for the next few months. 20 years old, sharp kid, I like him - Explained some cool social media stuff I didn't fully understand yesterday. Glad I listened to what he had to say.

It is foolish to dismiss good advice based on age, that's all. Regardless if it is an intern fetching you coffee or a wise old man.
brohan do you even lift take that to the bank

With all the crap you like to give me, I'm glad to see you understand the challenges.

Shirtless romeo, just curious, do you have a wife and kids?
Quick story:

Today I had to leave work early bc my wife is having some pains and needed to see the doctor. I met her there so she wouldn't have to take our 3 year old son and 3 month old son into the office. I had a proposal due to a client by EOD that I had constructed the framework of all week, but still needed to put finishing touches on. I brought my computer and mifi card with me and took my kids to a nearby park. Newborn was sleeping and 3 year old runs around to play. The second I open my computer, some other little kids accidentally kick a soccer ball into the wheel of the stroller the newbie is sleeping in. He wakes up and starts crying, put my computer away, pick the baby up. 4 minutes later I see the 3 year old standing under this bridge-like structure thing in the playground, I walk over and see piss on his sweatpants. As I try to tell him it is okay, I see there is a bigger problem by the look on his face, gigantic mountains of #### in pants. Park is done. Put the newborn back in the stroller, 3 year old on a board attached to it and trek the mile back to my house, newborn screams the entire walk. Get home, older one duckwalks upstairs, I carry the screaming infant. Put the screaming (mind you, about 20 minutes of this now) infant down in a bassinet facing the bathroom and check to see the damage on the 3 year old. Pants and undies come down and two logs bigger than what I #### come dropping onto the bathroom floor (they were rock solid too, he hadn't #### since Tuesday, must of each weighed 2 pounds). It is also all over him. Throw him in the shower as he fights and screams, I get #### all over me and the floor. Grab some lysol wipes, clean the floor as he stands and yells in the shower. Come back, toss his undies/pants/shirt in the garbage. His new Kyrie's that I got him bc he pee'd on his new Adidas while we were at the mall 2 weeks ago are also now covered in piss. The whole time the infant is still screaming. After I've thoroughly wiped the #### off of him, cleaned the floor, tossed the clothes and bagged the shoes, I sit him down in the tub, scrub the #### off of my hands thoroughly, run to the freezer, grab some breast milk to thaw in the sink, and come back. I then go grab the breast milk, feed the newborn right outside the bathroom, and make my older one sit in the tub. From the time my wife has given me the kids up until now, we're at about 2 hours, she finally gets home 30 minutes later, we eat, and I get to my work. 

I left work early for this pleasure  :excited:

My typical day consists of work, home by 6, dinner with fam, put kids to bed, hang with wife, gym 9-11 (this is my me time to blow off much needed steam). I'm basically a robot on a schedule.

tl;dr - yes, I have a wife and kids

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.ruled.me/visually-estimate-body-fat-percentage/

There are some more in this link too. That pic is 2 weeks old, I'm prob 15ish% in it. As mentioned, I'm prob down to 13-14% at this point, I've just been in animal mode lately. I stated the goal in 4 (maybe 6) weeks is 10%. All the dudes at 10% you notice in pictures are all prob like 160 lbs, getting there and maintaining 210 is extremely difficult, that is my goal which I think I can achieve. I don't want to drop below 210.

This is so foolishly incorrect... Look at me, I'm in my 50's, I know everything. 

I'd say the typical 35 year old could lecture you on technology until you're blue in the face and maybe you would understand 10-15% of it. I could lecture you on digital marketing/internet technologies for weeks on end, but you prob know it all, since you're 50 and all. 

Exercise? Diet? Why would you take my advice, everyone who is in their 30's looks like me, what do I know  :shrug:  This is actually the product of calzones, brisket, and riding my mobility scooter around Walmart. In about 3-4 weeks, I'll show you the progress I've made, gonna make that version of me look like a slob. Oh yea, I've had 3 spine surgeries in the last decade, what's your excuse, you're 50? But weighing 210 and getting your body fat % under 10% is easy stuff for any mid 30's dude, ask your local neighborhood NFL Free Safety about it.

The way you remember it, you were prob a bodybuilder in your 30's. Matsuki could beat up Floyd Mayweather in his 30's. Thorn prob passed on an NFL contract to be a potato farmer. 

FTR, my metabolism slowed down dramatically in my late 20's and I had to make some serious adjustments. When that happens again, I'll do the same. 

Oh yea, anyone who can't modify their diet or is fat must have an eating disorder type problem, similar to that of a drug abuser, alcoholic, or gambler. Interesting take, I like the excuse making... Yet every older dude on here calls millennials whiny babies, amazing. 
i'm in my 40's and don't understand the innertubes.  can one of you ingrate ####### millennials turn that pic into an avatar or a sweet ### meme?  tout suite!

Alright, listen up gang. That's enough. Anyone else posts a shirtless selfie in here and I'm shutting it down. Don't make me turn this car around. 

there are some times when i post stuff becuase i have had a little too much of the old john barleycorn and the next day i am like well most people will understand i was probably just drunk and i want to think the same thing about guys who post topless pictures of themselves to win an argument but the posts come in at like 5 pm and that means someone probably has a drinking problem so i guess i should not judge is where i was heading with this take that to the potatoe on your plate and a little enlightenment in your ear bank bromigos 

Today I had to leave work early bc my wife is having some pains and needed to see the doctor. I met her there so she wouldn't have to take our 3 year old son and 3 month old son into the office. I had a proposal due to a client by EOD that I had constructed the framework of all week, but still needed to put finishing touches on. I brought my computer and mifi card with me and took my kids to a nearby park. Newborn was sleeping and 3 year old runs around to play. The second I open my computer, some other little kids accidentally kick a soccer ball into the wheel of the stroller the newbie is sleeping in. He wakes up and starts crying, put my computer away, pick the baby up. 4 minutes later I see the 3 year old standing under this bridge-like structure thing in the playground, I walk over and see piss on his sweatpants. As I try to tell him it is okay, I see there is a bigger problem by the look on his face, gigantic mountains of #### in pants. Park is done. Put the newborn back in the stroller, 3 year old on a board attached to it and trek the mile back to my house, newborn screams the entire walk. Get home, older one duckwalks upstairs, I carry the screaming infant. Put the screaming (mind you, about 20 minutes of this now) infant down in a bassinet facing the bathroom and check to see the damage on the 3 year old. Pants and undies come down and two logs bigger than what I #### come dropping onto the bathroom floor (they were rock solid too, he hadn't #### since Tuesday, must of each weighed 2 pounds). It is also all over him. Throw him in the shower as he fights and screams, I get #### all over me and the floor. Grab some lysol wipes, clean the floor as he stands and yells in the shower. Come back, toss his undies/pants/shirt in the garbage. His new Kyrie's that I got him bc he pee'd on his new Adidas while we were at the mall 2 weeks ago are also now covered in piss. The whole time the infant is still screaming. After I've thoroughly wiped the #### off of him, cleaned the floor, tossed the clothes and bagged the shoes, I sit him down in the tub, scrub the #### off of my hands thoroughly, run to the freezer, grab some breast milk to thaw in the sink, and come back. I then go grab the breast milk, feed the newborn right outside the bathroom, and make my older one sit in the tub. From the time my wife has given me the kids up until now, we're at about 2 hours, she finally gets home 30 minutes later, we eat, and I get to my work. 
seems like a lot

Day 5/6?  

225 on the nose, although I suspect I'm actually a little bit lower than that. 

21.8% 

Going to fast all day today and then do a nice meal out at a restaurant.  I'll guess I'll get right back on the horse tomorrow.

Day 5/6?  

225 on the nose, although I suspect I'm actually a little bit lower than that. 

21.8% 

Going to fast all day today and then do a nice meal out at a restaurant.  I'll guess I'll get right back on the horse tomorrow.
This isn't how you should do this.  The entire point of this is to keep glycogen stores full, all day long.  Fasting isn't part of this at all.  If you fast it can and will end up putting your on a spiral of hunger, despair, and waking up in a puddle of your own waste products.

Fasting is much more appropriate on a LCHF approach.  

If you go out to eat (and I fully expect this to be ignored) you will want to stick to lean meats and steamed vegetables.  I imagine though you will crush a fried fish basket with a side of cheesecake and a milkshake.

Geez

A lot of hostility in here for Otis' Diet du Jour (What's French for month? Luna?).

So much for Happy Friday.

Quick story:

I left work early for this pleasure  :excited:

My typical day consists of work, home by 6, dinner with fam, put kids to bed, hang with wife, gym 9-11 (this is my me time to blow off much needed steam). I'm basically a robot on a schedule.

tl;dr - yes, I have a wife and kids
should've fed the kid potatos

Users who are viewing this thread