Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Otis

Otis fad diet thread — Newest fad: boring sustainable diet and exercise lifestyle diet

had a great week and went of the rails sunday.

FTR - I am weighing in on Tuesdays.  Don't care

Not happy - ROugh week

Start 214

Current 212

Goal 180

I guess a 2 lbs loss is ok

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, belljr said:

Not happy - ROugh week

Start 214

Current 212

Goal 180

I guess a 2 lbs loss is ok

2 lb loss and a rough week?  Are you doing Keto and expected like a 6-8 lb drop??

Was going to weigh myself again this morning to setup a Tuesday cycle but forgot.  I will go with the 224 from yesterday for a small gain week one.

I did do 2 of the 3 line grabbers with the 5th grade basketball team last night. #stopeatingsomuch

On 1/1/2018 at 9:10 AM, Zow said:

In! :excited:

Just ate some pancakes. Gonna booze it up on the course today then having lasagna and wine tonight. Will weigh in tomorrow morning. 

Have been pretty healthy the last week.  Boozed it up on the golf course over the weekend, but really cut down the carbs overall.  Unfortunately, I just caught the cold that's going around, so probably won't be working out much this week. 

3 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

2 lb loss and a rough week?  Are you doing Keto and expected like a 6-8 lb drop??

dont you worry about my unrealistic goals!@W!!@

• Like 4

On 1/2/2018 at 1:21 PM, GregR said:

I've let myself go for a long time, especially since an old sports injury to my knee kept worsening and encouraging me to be sedentary. Hit 290 lbs finally.

And then this week, got blood test results back from the doctor. He said it showed me pre-diabetic. I'm dedicating myself to getting in much better shape. (Aug 3 update: New A1C is below pre-diabetic range)

Just going to spectate the contest, but I'll take all the support I can get.

Starting point: 290 lbs

Updates:

June 28:  290 lbs
July 6:     277.4 lbs
July 10:   274.0 lbs
July 14:   270.0 lbs
July 19:   266.8 lbs
July 23:   261.7 lbs
Aug 1:     261.2 lbs
Aug 7:     254.6 lbs
Aug 13:   250.0 lbs
Aug 21:   244.8 lbs
Aug 30:   244.8 lbs
Sep 5:     244.0 lbs
Sep 11:   242.8 lbs
Sep 18:   237.0 lbs
Sep 25:   236.6 lbs
Oct 3:      235.8 lbs
Oct 17:    239.0 lbs
Oct 23:    236.6 lbs
Nov 3:     234.6 lbs
Nov 9:     230.8 lbs
Dec 1:     230.8 lbs
Dec 6:     227.2 lbs
Jan 2:      230.8 lbs
Jan 9:      228.8 lbs

Total weight loss:  61.2 lbs

Good week.  Finished off the New Years food in moderation and still lost 2 pounds.   

• Like 7

Just picked up my first pair of 34 waist jeans since maybe 8th grade. :suds:

• Like 14

1 hour ago, The Gator said:

Just picked up my first pair of 34 waist jeans since maybe 8th grade. :suds:

Diesel?

2 hours ago, culdeus said:

Diesel?

Even better, Kirkland brand 

• Like 5

On 1/9/2018 at 5:31 PM, GregR said:

I've let myself go for a long time, especially since an old sports injury to my knee kept worsening and encouraging me to be sedentary. Hit 290 lbs finally.

And then this week, got blood test results back from the doctor. He said it showed me pre-diabetic. I'm dedicating myself to getting in much better shape. (Aug 3 update: New A1C is below pre-diabetic range)

Just going to spectate the contest, but I'll take all the support I can get.

Starting point: 290 lbs

Updates:

June 28:  290 lbs
July 6:     277.4 lbs
July 10:   274.0 lbs
July 14:   270.0 lbs
July 19:   266.8 lbs
July 23:   261.7 lbs
Aug 1:     261.2 lbs
Aug 7:     254.6 lbs
Aug 13:   250.0 lbs
Aug 21:   244.8 lbs
Aug 30:   244.8 lbs
Sep 5:     244.0 lbs
Sep 11:   242.8 lbs
Sep 18:   237.0 lbs
Sep 25:   236.6 lbs
Oct 3:      235.8 lbs
Oct 17:    239.0 lbs
Oct 23:    236.6 lbs
Nov 3:     234.6 lbs
Nov 9:     230.8 lbs
Dec 1:     230.8 lbs
Dec 6:     227.2 lbs
Jan 2:      230.8 lbs
Jan 9:      228.8 lbs
Jan 15:    226.0 lbs

Total weight loss:  64.0 lbs

Great week other than some overeating on Saturday during the games.

I tried making grilled cheese with Cutouts 5 Grain Flax flatbread. Was more like a cheese quesadilla. Made an awesome pork tenderloin, used the grilled cheese for fat to sate my hunger so I wouldn't overeat the loin.

Even better, made a little mini-pizza thing with a Cutout as the pizza crust. 2 minutes at 375 with the flatbread by itself, then sauce/season/cheese it and back in for 6 minutes. Both times extremely filling and killed all cravings.

Need to figure total calories next time I make it (later edit: weighed stuff it's 184 calories). Flatbread is 90 calories, and only 8g of non-fiber carbs (and 7g of fiber) so extremely diabetic friendly. This is definitely going in the rotation as a cravings killer from now on.

Edited by GregR
  • Like 6

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, dino259 said:

Was going to weigh myself again this morning to setup a Tuesday cycle but forgot.  I will go with the 224 from yesterday for a small gain week one.

I did do 2 of the 3 line grabbers with the 5th grade basketball team last night. #stopeatingsomuch

Is this thread still a thing for any other than @GregR?  Either way it needs more @Otis.  Is it like Mayhem and people have giving up on new year's resolutions already?

Back to 222.4.  If I could only continue the downward trend.  I know what to do, just need to find a way to enact it and not splurge and eat the whole bag of chips much less continue to buy any type of chips.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dino259 said:

Is this thread still a thing for any other than @GregR?  Either way it needs more @Otis.  Is it like Mayhem and people have giving up on new year's resolutions already?

Back to 222.4.  If I could only continue the downward trend.  I know what to do, just need to find a way to enact it and not splurge and eat the whole bag of chips much less continue to buy any type of chips.

I have to admit, the lack of competition hasn't helped my motivation.

I stayed steady this week at 177.5, same as last week, down 3.0 from Jan 1.  I wasn't motivated last week, work was pretty stressful.  My wife started a new program, so I felt like crap eating a bunch of junk in front of her yesterday due to lack of motivation.  Need to be a better partner, so hopefully things improve here on out.

Eating healthy, back in the gym after a week away with the family getting trashed and eating whatever was in front of me.  It's weird, but I suddenly can't sleep -- going to bed without being drunk or overfed is leaving me with a bunch of nervous energy.  Fighting through it, looking forward to seeing the other side.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Otis said:

Eating healthy, back in the gym after a week away with the family getting trashed and eating whatever was in front of me.  It's weird, but I suddenly can't sleep -- going to bed without being drunk or overfed is leaving me with a bunch of nervous energy.  Fighting through it, looking forward to seeing the other side.

Do you do any cardio?  30 minutes on an elliptical with about a 180 cadence makes me sleep like a baby.

forgot to weigh in.  It wasn't great week food wise but I'm back to lifting 2 nights a week and some cardio 1-2 nights a week.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DropKick said:

Do you do any cardio?  30 minutes on an elliptical with about a 180 cadence makes me sleep like a baby.

I don’t. Lift 3-4 days per week. But do a bunch of fast walking on my commute each day. 

Hey dudes and ladies, I'm probably in the minority here, but FBG time is distracting me from reaching my goals, as is Twitter. I spend at least an hour a day reading mostly BS; some days, two or three hours - all for the sole purpose of riling my bones, it seems. I'm gonna check out for a year and chart a new course.

Love you all. See you next year.

:cocoon:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mister CIA said:

Hey dudes and ladies, I'm probably in the minority here, but FBG time is distracting me from reaching my goals, as is Twitter. I spend at least an hour a day reading mostly BS; some days, two or three hours - all for the sole purpose of riling my bones, it seems. I'm gonna check out for a year and chart a new course.

Love you all. See you next year.

:cocoon:

See you tomorrow 

• Like 2

Starting Whole 30 with Mrs. O tomorrow. If I make this happen — and I will — I’m going to be a fit and handsome SOB in 30 days. Stay tuned. 

• Like 1

I’ve dropped 7 pounds since the beginning of the year just by not drinking beer. I did start adding more cardio when I’m in the gym as well but pretty amazed how much I’ve dropped minus the beer. Have cut down on my alcohol consumption as well and when I’m drinking it is now vodka sodas. I f’ng love beer though but heading to Cabo in two months for a work reward trip and want to be in good shape.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Otis said:

Starting Whole 30 with Mrs. O tomorrow. If I make this happen — and I will — I’m going to be a fit and handsome SOB in 30 days. Stay tuned. 

Not as zany as I like but ok. Good luck avoiding legumes for 30 days!

43 minutes ago, Otis said:

Still not sure why you dont just do intermittent fasting.  Lean gains would fit your lifestyle imo.  

Whole30 is great but does require a lot of prep. 

29 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Quick description of whole 30 so we have on record what Otis is doing.  

Similar to Paleo. 30 days of avoiding inflammatory foods. No wheat, rice, alcohol, dairy, or legumes (beans). Also no vegetable oils. 

Focused on veggies, protein, nuts and seeds, good fats like avocado, oils like coconut, olive. Minimal fruit as well. 

Goal is to reduce sugar and to improve metabolism, improve insulin sensitivity, reduce bloat, improve gut health. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr roboto said:

Whole30 is great but does require a lot of prep. 

Yup. Mrs. O mentioned this. I’d never be able to do it on my own, but with her fully on board and driving it, she’ll be preparing everything. So I just have to eat what she gives me, and not drink booze. 

The booze may be the hardest part, we drink a ton, but I bet I’ll lose 10lbs this month from cutting booze alone. Wouldn’t be surprised to drop 15lbs in the month really. 

Starting right at 240. :porked: 

4 hours ago, Otis said:

Skimming, I read this as "Starting whole 30 minutes with Mrs. O tomorrow".

Was about to say, a 28 minute jump in stamina is ambitious to go for right at the start.

Seriously though, good luck.  

• Like 1

I think it's time you guys start up a new contest. All of November and December was time off, after all.

DAY 1

First weigh-in: 

26.3%

I ate like an animal the last two days, gave myself a nice sendoff. I’ve never actually weighed that much in my life, so I am assuming it’s off and I truly weigh a few pounds less at the moment. That said, it’s what the scale says, so there it is. 

Going down to grab my first whole30 meal. 

22 hours ago, mr roboto said:

Similar to Paleo. 30 days of avoiding inflammatory foods. No wheat, rice, alcohol, dairy, or legumes (beans). Also no vegetable oils. 

Focused on veggies, protein, nuts and seeds, good fats like avocado, oils like coconut, olive. Minimal fruit as well. 

Goal is to reduce sugar and to improve metabolism, improve insulin sensitivity, reduce bloat, improve gut health. 

Good thing this is only for 30 days.  No sugar, grains, dairy, and alcohol sounds quite unappealing.   I'm just going to eat a little less when I decide to drop a few pounds this spring.   

17 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Good thing this is only for 30 days.  No sugar, grains, dairy, and alcohol sounds quite unappealing.   I'm just going to eat a little less when I decide to drop a few pounds this spring.   

It changes your life. Truly. 

2 hours ago, Otis said:

Sounds like a great plan for Mrs. O as well. :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Otis said:

DAY 1

First weigh-in: 

26.3%

I ate like an animal the last two days, gave myself a nice sendoff. I’ve never actually weighed that much in my life, so I am assuming it’s off and I truly weigh a few pounds less at the moment. That said, it’s what the scale says, so there it is. 

Would be an interesting data point for the otis stalkers.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, Otis said:

Yup. Mrs. O mentioned this. I’d never be able to do it on my own, but with her fully on board and driving it, she’ll be preparing everything. So I just have to eat what she gives me, and not drink booze. 

The booze may be the hardest part, we drink a ton, but I bet I’ll lose 10lbs this month from cutting booze alone. Wouldn’t be surprised to drop 15lbs in the month really. 

Starting right at 240. :porked: 

Should do a pink salt cleanse the day before you start.

Breakfast was some eggs, avocado and bacon. Coffee black (can’t have dairy). 

Lunch was lettuce wraps with ground chicken, avocado, a few pieces of shredded carrot and some delicious dressing that is within the rules. 

Mrs. O making carnitas for dinner. 

I’m starting to feel like this diet is really just motivation for my wife to make me fresh delicious meals all the time. That’s sort of awesome. Sign me up for the WholeForever. 

Sure would like a beer though while watching football :banned: 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, belljr said:

3 days

See you here on day 4!

DAY 2/30

Yesterday was actually pretty easy.  Mrs. O just made delicious healthy food all day, and I didn't snack and didn't drink booze.  Went to bed feeling pretty good.  A little restless early in the night, but then slept like a baby.  Woke up naturally a few minutes before my 4:50am alarm.  Good workout.  Drinking my coffee black, an it isn't bad at all really.  If you said to me "Otis, you have to do this same day 29 more times", I'd be like :shrug:

I'm thinking I'm not going to step on the scale daily.  Whole30 program encourages you not to.  It's not supposed to be about daily weight fluctuations, or weight loss at all really.  So I'll stick to plan -- maybe I'll do a weight in once a week or something, just to have some data points.

Today is my first workday, but should be pretty easy.  I have some Whole30 compliant bars I'm bringing to the office for lunches.  Mrs. O will make some great dinner I'm sure; she's also forcing me to eat breakfasts, so I'll likely have some eggs or something before I head out.

It may just be mental, but I woke up feeling like donuts and cookies are garbage I don't, and feeling like I can get by no problem without drinking.  

Onwards we march.

Edited by Otis
  • Like 1

On 20/1/2018 at 2:45 PM, culdeus said:

Still not sure why you dont just do intermittent fasting.  Lean gains would fit your lifestyle imo.  

Will power is not Otis middle name 

;)

30 minutes ago, Otis said:

DAY 2/30...

It may just be mental, but I woke up feeling like donuts and cookies are garbage I don't, and feeling like I can get by no problem without drinking.  

Onwards we march.

Setting up for phase two already?

@James Daulton - is that a record?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, msommer said:

Setting up for phase two already?

@James Daulton - is that a record?

Absolutely setting up for phase 2.  I’d like to not revert to my old habits on day 31. I wonder if I could just live on this “diet” forever. 

20 minutes ago, Otis said:

Absolutely setting up for phase 2.  I’d like to not revert to my old habits on day 31. I wonder if I could just live on this “diet” forever. 

Just get to day 30 and then worry about the next phase.    Good luck.  

On 1/21/2018 at 7:48 AM, Otis said:

I’ve never actually weighed that much in my life

It’s amazing how many times you’ve said this in a weight loss thread.  :whistle:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Otis said:

When is your next work trip?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, culdeus said:

When is your next work trip?

Gulp

That’ll be the struggle.  Nothing big on the immediate calendar.  The next big one will be a several week Asia trip in Mid-March. Basically, the timing here is good — I know I needed a full month at home to make this work, and this upcoming 4-6 weeks is about as good as my schedule gets.  So, we’re all good there.