What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (6 Viewers)

222 this morning, 34 waist is loose and comfy and i'm getting into a few L shirts :thumbup:

@Greg R keep it up, seeing your progress is still motivation to keep maintaining when i feel out of it. 

eta, and my standing twisting triangle, or Trikonasana, is perfection. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the TV show Top Chef, but it was always tough to watch without eating.

Lately I've been drinking lots of ice water while watching and it has done the trick. I go through at least a pair of frozen 32oz mugs, and that has been killing my urge to eat during it.

Might be something you guys could try during that time of day you crave snacks.

222 this morning, 34 waist is loose and comfy and i'm getting into a few L shirts :thumbup:

@Greg R keep it up, seeing your progress is still motivation to keep maintaining when i feel out of it. 

eta, and my standing twisting triangle, or Trikonasana, is perfection. :lol:
:thumbup:

We really need to get a contest going again.  Any particular reason it petered out?   Or just a lack of anyone being willing to drive it?

GregR said:
:thumbup:

We really need to get a contest going again.  Any particular reason it petered out?   Or just a lack of anyone being willing to drive it?
I could use the motivation of a contest. Would be willing to wager serious money too if any of you moneybags dudes wants to try me heads up. 

I would take you up on that, just for the motivation, but I would destroy you. I have been sandbagging since the last contest and it wouldn’t even be close, by any metric. 
Just be careful.  Otis can be wildly motivated.  Usually I'm not, but get me in the zone, and I'm a very dangerous man.

Oh, i have read enough to know you’re good for a sprint, but I could literally take one dump right now and match your efforts for a month of good behavior. You’d be stepping into a gunfight with a plastic sword.
:lmao:  

I'm not far off from here.  I'm close to my all time high weight. 

We'd have to do percentages or something.  Or decrease in body fat percentage?  Because really I just have 20 or 25lbs to lose, and some dude who rolls in at 3 bills would have a massive advantage . 

:lmao:  

I'm not far off from here.  I'm close to my all time high weight. 

We'd have to do percentages or something.  Or decrease in body fat percentage?  Because really I just have 20 or 25lbs to lose, and some dude who rolls in at 3 bills would have a massive advantage . 
Yeah, thats what I’m saying. I’d love to do it for motivation, but I’m 270+ again. Even percentages, a la Biggest Loser, give me an advantage.

i like you, Otis, but you’re just not fat enough.

I could use the motivation of a contest. Would be willing to wager serious money too if any of you moneybags dudes wants to try me heads up. 
I’m at 235 right now and so far off the wagon it’s scary. Sunday night I took my son to hibachi for his birthday - that was my last hurrah... I don’t really think the money is the motivation here. I’m prob going to scale it after I leave the gym tonight. I was there 2x yesterday (I took the day off from work), and this will be my 3rd trip in that span. 

In the same time, I’ve eaten a bowl of rice crispies, 2 salads, a grilled chicken wrap, grilled chicken by itself, and an 8 oz seared tuna steak.

I’m full go right now. Goal is 12% body fat at 215 by June which is a stretch, but I think I can do it. I’m prob 22-25% right now.

I’m at 235 right now and so far off the wagon it’s scary. Sunday night I took my son to hibachi for his birthday - that was my last hurrah... I don’t really think the money is the motivation here. I’m prob going to scale it after I leave the gym tonight. I was there 2x yesterday (I took the day off from work), and this will be my 3rd trip in that span. 

In the same time, I’ve eaten a bowl of rice crispies, 2 salads, a grilled chicken wrap, grilled chicken by itself, and an 8 oz seared tuna steak.

I’m full go right now. Goal is 12% body fat at 215 by June which is a stretch, but I think I can do it. I’m prob 22-25% right now.
12% at 215. How tall?

I'm not sure what I weigh. I haven't seen my scale since I moved, but last year's post Super Bowl keto/IF/workout like a dog regimen is needed again. Today I've had three eggs and three different cheeses in the same dish and that's going to have to be enough. I did some yardwork. Maybe I can do this with diet alone. Feeling lazy.

12% at 215. How tall?
:popcorn:  

I'm also 235 right now and around 25% body fat, so it sounds like FC42 and I are dead on at this point.  That said, if I got down to 215, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be near 12% body fat.  Probably 15-20??

:popcorn:  

I'm also 235 right now and around 25% body fat, so it sounds like FC42 and I are dead on at this point.  That said, if I got down to 215, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be near 12% body fat.  Probably 15-20??
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say I’ve got a better base to get there.

Also, I’ve got 5-10 years of youth on you guys, so I’m slightly ahead of the game in that arena, giving me an edge.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMMMMBLE!!!!!!!     :boxing:

I'm going to stick to spectating the contest as I want to keep my health as my motivation.  But I'll kick a $20 to a charity of the winner's choice.

I am in for a contest but out on OtisBet2018 as I am that mythical creature on Footballguys, the unicorn of the boards, a guy that makes much less than 6 figures.

I am in for a contest but out on OtisBet2018 as I am that mythical creature on Footballguys, the unicorn of the boards, a guy that makes much less than 6 figures.
You could do a side pot avatar bet.  Winner gets to pick a new avatar for the losers (non-losers?) for some amount of time.

I'd be in for a bet if it starts 3/12 or later.  I have basketball season until then so eating right regularly is near impossible.

So those in for money are in for actually paying each other and not giving it to charity?  Yeah, that will end well.

I’m on day 18 of the Whole30, going through until next Friday and stopping there as we have friends over that night and don’t want to be the weird couple serving paleo food and not drinking.

I feel really good but weight loss has leveled off and haven’t been able to get lower than the 170 I’m at now. Would like to lose 5 more lbs and then maintain at 165 for the rest of the year.

Unless I’m traveling for work, hitting the gym regularly and really over trying to max out my bench or any other muscle group. I’m 47 and fine with lifting moderate weights and increasing cardio.

I believe this is what I have going on in one of my shoulders.  Sharp pain when my arm is in certain positions.  Been going on for about 6 months.  I can do push-ups, but a full range of motion bench press would about kill me.  I'm 48 and admittedly haven't worked out much the last couple of years.  :bag:   My theory is that the decreased strength/tone of my shoulder muscles is part of the issue.
Decreased strength definitely is a contributing factor. The rotator cuff is actually a set of muscles, so a lot of the work I did in PT was to strengthen those muscles.

Super proud of my wife.  She went on a liquid diet, under doctor observation, for the last two weeks and is down 16 lbs.  Began solid foods but has a set diet of ~800 calories per day. She's gone completely alcohol-free as well. 

Can she be my proxy for bet? TIA

Last night I enjoyed all of the dinner, and then all of the wine and beer, all of the pringles and chocolate.  Just slightly off the rails.  On my drive home from the gym this morning I got to thinking...

This morning I still got up dutifully at 4:45 and went to the gym and did legs, made a spinach-banana-blueberry-strawberry-whey-creatine-flaxseed-almond butter-almond milk smoothie, and sat down to my computer to enjoy my "breakfast" and do a little work.  The first few hours of my day are always amazing. And for lunch I always have a protein bar. And even on the 7pm train ride home, when I grabbed a small bag of those thin pretzels and a Coors light, that was still pretty much OK.   The first 15 hours of my day are always pretty fantastic.  It's the last 3 that send me off into the weeds.  What the heck?  Why?  If I just went to bed at 8pm every day, I'd look and feel like a superhero.  Even if I did that 5 days a week, and then on weekends let loose a little, still, that would be a tremendous improvement.  And it's not like this isn't something that isn't in my complete control.  I mean, of all the things, all the challenges, everything one confronts in their lives, is there anything we have more control over than what we put in our mouths?  Every other thing in life -- our goals, our hopes, our dreams -- involves some element of luck or chance or fate or things breaking our way.  None of that is required here.  It's just what you put in your mouth.  It's not like I can't stop putting ####s in my mouth.  I have no problem NOT doing that.  Or dog####.  Why can't I just stop putting garbage in my mouth?

That's today's rumination.
Have some respect for yourself. 

ETA: I also can say the same thing about my diet/days.  I crush it from 6 AM - 8 PM.  But 8:00-10:00 for me, and likely for you too, are the only two hours where I'm not stressed from work and can relax.  I've grown accustomed to doing so with wine and some sort of snack (popcorn, pirate's booty, Halo Top, leftovers, etc.).  It's incredibly tough to kick and I'm trying to replace that activity with something else.  Have been trying to air chip in the living room, take epsom baths, work, heck - I even try to get to bed earlier to have some sex. But I'm still so tired and sitting there with food feels so good....

Last edited by a moderator:
ProstheticRGK said:
Any takers, yet? I am starting to get fired up, ready to do my annual 50 lb. drop. But, I need an Ivan Drago, so I can justify going to Siberia and doing lunges with a log on my back.

I’d bet I can drop 40 before you drop 20.
Oh man. This is a good bet. I will take this bet. 

ProstheticRGK said:
Any takers, yet? I am starting to get fired up, ready to do my annual 50 lb. drop. But, I need an Ivan Drago, so I can justify going to Siberia and doing lunges with a log on my back.

I’d bet I can drop 40 before you drop 20.
I’d take this all day.

as a background, i dieted and gymed like a champ mon/tues, today all I ate was yogurt/soup. Then I went for drinks with firends after. No food all day so I was quick drunk. Came home, still no food. Couldn’t hold out longer so I order a pizza and s’mores pizza houses about 7 slices . Had Nutella cheese sauce and basil all over myself by the end. I basically just gave back 3 solid days of diet gym

Na ragrets bruh

Oh man. This is a good bet. I will take this bet. 
You’re on!

terms:

$250?

weigh in tomorrow, 3/1

daily weigh in for thread value

winner gets to goal (20 for you, 40 for me) and maintains weight <= for 3 consecutive days, or timer starts over

im good with the honor system, but am also down for pics of scale (pita)

the gauntlet is thrown. im ready to eat lightning and crap thunder.

You’re on!

terms:

$250?

weigh in tomorrow, 3/1

daily weigh in for thread value

winner gets to goal (20 for you, 40 for me) and maintains weight <= for 3 consecutive days, or timer starts over

im good with the honor system, but am also down for pics of scale (pita)

the gauntlet is thrown. im ready to eat lightning and crap thunder.
Done. I’m weighing in today to start this baby off. 

Im about to travel to Asia for to weeks, and I’m fairly certain that sets me up for failure here, but I’m not using it as an excuse. I’ll find a way. 

Totes Oats

Users who are viewing this thread