What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (6 Viewers)

My bad, I’m confused.  Yes I did 16 today.  It was easy breezy and mostly easy except for the side planks.  Yesterday was the hellish moon day.
We haven't had side planks in a while on the advanced one.  I kinda miss them.  :kicksrock:  

I'm about to do Day 16 now.  I did Day 15 earlier in the evening (was one of the more difficult ones).  Then I think I'm going to have a drink.  

What i want to do at the end of each session is get on with my day.
I will do side planks tomorrow/today, at the end of the next session.   And it matters not!, if they magically show up in the regular session.  Both sides, for 5 deep, full breaths. I will Lift the leg if i can/want to.  I challenge you to do the same. :wub:

I'm not gonna know what to do with myself tomorrow.  Initial 30 days is over.  So, 2 a days are over.  My push up challenge is over.  I’m going to have to find something else to start.  I’m going to tweak the push ups, into something else diabolical.  I’m quite proud of the 3000 pushups, in 30 days. 

Two hundred pushups a day? (I'm in if you are.)
maybe.  they get tedious.  i was considering seeing how many i can do in one shot, maintaining form.  and then adding 1-5 a day, until i can knock out 100 in one shot.  pretty sure i can do 60-70 right now.  i'm going to give the muscle group a break today.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
maybe.  they get tedious.  i was considering seeing how many i can do in one shot, maintaining form.  and then adding 1-5 a day, until i can knock out 100 in one shot.  pretty sure i can do 60-70 right now.  i'm going to give the muscle group a break today.
They do, which is one reason I do them every 2-3 days. Although I did extended rest last week - upper body was begging for a day off so I just did legs and core. I've been on 4 sets of 40 for a while, but am going to try to stretch it out to sets of 45 today then see how long I can take it.

did ok on vacation but i need to get back to the good daily routine so i started off with a 100 minute walk where i jogged a bunch it is funny after not jogging for a number of years my legs just dont do what they are supposed to do very easily especially my left leg it sort of gets drop footy and i have to really work on making it raise up and set down but its coming along and i am so happy about that i dont even know what to say working to full on run again is about the best thing ever for me right now take that to the bank brohans 

By the way, do we have a strength training thread around here? I have a lot of stupid thoughts on the subject that I may want to write down. I don't know if there's a separate thread for that or if I should just use this one.

Forgot to post about advanced Day 17, which was 22 minutes of core workout.  Seemed like it went very quickly, even though some parts were challenging.  There was a bit where you are in plank and then drop your right hip to the ground, then your left, etc., and that part felt very difficult for me.  She seemed to make up a new pose on her own today that she called "flamingo dog."  :)  

Yoga Day 17 completed today.  Longer one, a few tough moves, but got it done.  Skipped rowing today. 

I’ll actually be out of town a few days now, so may just pause on this until Sunday and pick up where I left off.  It’ll otherwise be pretty annoying with me doing yoga in a hotel room with my kids running around while we’re traveling.  But we’ll see. 

Yoga Day 17 completed today.  Longer one, a few tough moves, but got it done.  Skipped rowing today. 

I’ll actually be out of town a few days now, so may just pause on this until Sunday and pick up where I left off.  It’ll otherwise be pretty annoying with me doing yoga in a hotel room with my kids running around while we’re traveling.  But we’ll see. 
do it!  maybe, with them.  have fun with it

• Smile
My body handled the vacation and is handling the aftermath much better than before. My conclusion is that real-world walking is superior to the treadmill. This has implications for my gym membership, though it isn't that expensive.

Having said that, I'm still a fat tub of goo, so we get back to work on Saturday.  I will probably start the 30 days with agony Adriene on Sunday, so that Day 6 will be on the next Friday for maximum comedic effect.

This is a hurdle. If you want new you to sustain then you need to figure out a way to clear it. 

This is a hurdle. If you want new you to sustain then you need to figure out a way to clear it. 
Oats, you have more challenges than I did with the kids and stuff, but I did both my 30-day plank workouts (twice) and my first 30-day yoga during time periods when I was on business and pleasure trips.  Ahhhhh, I remember when I got to have those.  Anyway, it's totally doable if you can just throw the kids out for a little bit.  Do it!

Oats, you have more challenges than I did with the kids and stuff, but I did both my 30-day plank workouts (twice) and my first 30-day yoga during time periods when I was on business and pleasure trips.  Ahhhhh, I remember when I got to have those.  Anyway, it's totally doable if you can just throw the kids out for a little bit.  Do it!
Oh man.  If there were a button or something....

• Smile
:blackdot:

Came in here looking for some new ideas, so looks like a good place to start for those.

Quick summary:

Pre-Covid, had back to back trips to Jamaica and Florida planned. Topping out in upper 180s, decided to do something about that. Combo of diet (watch what I eat and finally follow doctor's advice not to eat after 8 (pseudo intermittent fasting, as I only typically make 12 hours; was as much for blood sugar as anything)) and exercise (daily 30 minute minimum walk and 100 push up program).

Dropped to upper 160s-low 170s range from that. Pushups becoming a drag, so need to find something new to maintain momentum.

Alternative is to drop my Covid habit of nightly cocktails (try to be low cal; vodka/seltzer a staple), but rather put in the work for some enjoyment.

If there is a "summary" page of options, appreciate being pointed there! Happy to join the quest!

DO NOT DO THIS.

It can be annoying but get it done.  You're a ##### if you don't.  YWIA, YIC.

I have been as gung ho as almost anyone here. I skipped two days og yoga over the weekend and missed some running. I immediately regret it. 

I'm almost caught up on the yoga, but even after taking a day off from work today, i didn't do my pushups and missed my run again tonight,. The good news is i blew past my 10k steps taking my kid out, and the extra day off from pushups is part of the program and should help as i do my first 100 pushup day.  But after all I've done so many days this whole quarantine, i don't want to undo it because i hit a mildly rough patch.  It's hard though.  I want to backslide.  

@Otis you don't need to do yoga with the kids. You can find 20 minutes on a trip to bring your iPad into the other room and get some exercise. That's not a big ask for Mrs O or the kids. You might think you can regain the momentum when you come back and maybe that's true this time but think about how much better off you would be on Monday if you weren't trying to regain your momentum, but were proud of yourself for maintaining that momentum instead. 

bostonfred said:
I have been as gung ho as almost anyone here. I skipped two days og yoga over the weekend and missed some running. I immediately regret it. 

I'm almost caught up on the yoga, but even after taking a day off from work today, i didn't do my pushups and missed my run again tonight,. The good news is i blew past my 10k steps taking my kid out, and the extra day off from pushups is part of the program and should help as i do my first 100 pushup day.  But after all I've done so many days this whole quarantine, i don't want to undo it because i hit a mildly rough patch.  It's hard though.  I want to backslide.  

@Otis you don't need to do yoga with the kids. You can find 20 minutes on a trip to bring your iPad into the other room and get some exercise. That's not a big ask for Mrs O or the kids. You might think you can regain the momentum when you come back and maybe that's true this time but think about how much better off you would be on Monday if you weren't trying to regain your momentum, but were proud of yourself for maintaining that momentum instead. 
Yeah, I’ll do what I can.  That started with this morning — got up at 4:45 and fit in both the Day 18 and Day 19 sessions before everyone woke up.  Just will need to find a way to either sneak off and try and do yoga in the corner of the hotel room, or I can double up Sunday afternoon when we get back and I’ll be right on track.

Yeah, I’ll do what I can.  That started with this morning — got up at 4:45 and fit in both the Day 18 and Day 19 sessions before everyone woke up.  Just will need to find a way to either sneak off and try and do yoga in the corner of the hotel room, or I can double up Sunday afternoon when we get back and I’ll be right on track.
Doing the yoga with orphan Annie May be tough in a hotel room with the family.  Do 5 minutes of pushups and air squats a few times a day instead.  Start each day by getting up and go for a brisk 20 minute walk.   

Most importantly, watch the food and booze intake.   You and I share this struggle.  No booze and no excessive food through the weekend?   Im in.  

Doing the yoga with orphan Annie May be tough in a hotel room with the family.  Do 5 minutes of pushups and air squats a few times a day instead.  Start each day by getting up and go for a brisk 20 minute walk.   

Most importantly, watch the food and booze intake.   You and I share this struggle.  No booze and no excessive food through the weekend?   Im in.  
I’m on vacation... not sure i can promise on the booze and food front... though I expect it will be moderate just based on where we will be and what we’ll have access to.

As for exercise, we have some hikes planned as well, so I should get some natural exercise anyway.  

Hello Everyone,

I apologize for not holding up my end of the deal in here, I've had a horrible go of it for the past many weeks and don't want to deep dive and take away from what is always a powerful and pretty positive thread with some funny Otis/Boston Fred back and forth. 

-WFH with Mrs 24/7 locked at the hip just got to be too much in Month 4 and honestly it was getting a little touch n go prior. I overlooked and shelved a lot of it and focused solely on my son and my health...eventually I succumbed to things being pushed at me or on to me from several different directions and I started drinking heavy or had days where I normally have 1-2 beers and that became 4-5 with lunch and add a couple margaritas on top in the afternoon for kicks. Hard to run/cycle or play decent tennis when you are drunk/buzzed by 10am.

No pity, please. Some folks in here got real problems, mine are all choices I make if I am being honest. Better choices, better results, better mentally, better spiritually. 

I thought it best to remove myself for a couple weeks, not just in this thread but I wasn't posting much at all. I haven't been in the SP in 3-4 months, have no interest in the upcoming FF stuff etc...just not feeling it right now. Depression is a ##### sometimes. It all starts in what I eat and drink. I need a 3-Day/1 Week moratorium on booze but it's very hard right now. The Mrs has seen her alcohol consumption skyrocket as well, we're enjoying getting drunk at 2 in the afternoon because she doesn't have any more meetings the rest of the day...PARTY! While we can...

I sometimes pretend like I am above some fo these posts where folks are complaining that they can't stop eating/drinking whatever the vice is...I'm telling you I know exactly how you feel right now. 

I'll start logging my exercise and meditation sessions again. When I keep track I usually do much better. 

Hello Everyone,

I apologize for not holding up my end of the deal in here, I've had a horrible go of it for the past many weeks and don't want to deep dive and take away from what is always a powerful and pretty positive thread with some funny Otis/Boston Fred back and forth. 

-WFH with Mrs 24/7 locked at the hip just got to be too much in Month 4 and honestly it was getting a little touch n go prior. I overlooked and shelved a lot of it and focused solely on my son and my health...eventually I succumbed to things being pushed at me or on to me from several different directions and I started drinking heavy or had days where I normally have 1-2 beers and that became 4-5 with lunch and add a couple margaritas on top in the afternoon for kicks. Hard to run/cycle or play decent tennis when you are drunk/buzzed by 10am.

No pity, please. Some folks in here got real problems, mine are all choices I make if I am being honest. Better choices, better results, better mentally, better spiritually. 

I thought it best to remove myself for a couple weeks, not just in this thread but I wasn't posting much at all. I haven't been in the SP in 3-4 months, have no interest in the upcoming FF stuff etc...just not feeling it right now. Depression is a ##### sometimes. It all starts in what I eat and drink. I need a 3-Day/1 Week moratorium on booze but it's very hard right now. The Mrs has seen her alcohol consumption skyrocket as well, we're enjoying getting drunk at 2 in the afternoon because she doesn't have any more meetings the rest of the day...PARTY! While we can...

I sometimes pretend like I am above some fo these posts where folks are complaining that they can't stop eating/drinking whatever the vice is...I'm telling you I know exactly how you feel right now. 

I'll start logging my exercise and meditation sessions again. When I keep track I usually do much better. 
Get out there and exercise, buddy.  That helps.  Try the Yoga stuff we’re doing in this thread.  Really feels good physically and mentally.  As much as I loathe it.

Oats 

Day 18 advance yoga was Yoga for Psoas.  I thought that was a typo or an acronym she made up, but now I've googled and see that it is a muscle group.  Who knew, other than probably everyone but me?  It was another easy-ish one, 22 minutes and with more one-legged pigeon, which I love!  

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Day 28 advance yoga was Yoga for Psoas.  I thought that was a typo or an acronym she made up, but now I've googled and see that it is a muscle group.  Who knew, other than probably everyone but me?  It was another easy-ish one, 22 minutes and with more one-legged pigeon, which I love!  
I originally read it as Yoga for Psoriasis so you are ahead of me.

Day 28 advance yoga was Yoga for Psoas.  I thought that was a typo or an acronym she made up, but now I've googled and see that it is a muscle group.  Who knew, other than probably everyone but me?  It was another easy-ish one, 22 minutes and with more one-legged pigeon, which I love!  
It's like the taint between your back and butt.  As a handy mnemonic device, if you've got a so' ###, it's probably your psoas. 

I have to do Day 17 and 18 today.  And then I'm going to do a strength workout at night.  I'm also going on vacation for the next week but still planning to keep up with yoga (although we're staying in an Air BnB so should be plenty of space)

Big day on hundredpushups.com, my first 100 puship day. Successfully did 20, 25, 15 and 15, but my final set i just didn't have anything left in the tank and stopped at 15. Will repeat this day next time after some rest. Frustration but it helps to remember I'm doing this for myself not because some website says i have to. And while i was looking forward to my first 100 pushup day, I  did 90 today, after only doing 80 Monday. This is undoubtedly progress.  

Did one last double up on yoga and I'm caught up. Doing extra planks and downdogs after doing pushups to exhaustion was my mistake but I found myself blaming her until she said she was engorged instead of engaging her core and then heyo'ed in case anyone had missed it. How can i stay mad at you andrea. You had me at engorged. You had me at engorged. 

Getting on the treadmill now to hopefully knock out a couple good miles before my kid gets home from Grammys, then a light dinner of two scrambled eggs, cauliflower, broccoli and brown rice with kikkoman sweet soy sauce for rice to get myself back on track before the weekend. 

Get out there and exercise, buddy.  That helps.  Try the Yoga stuff we’re doing in this thread.  Really feels good physically and mentally.  As much as I loathe it.

Oats 
👍 

After my "Legends League(Tennis)" was rained/lightning out I got a break around my house near Sunset and decided to take off on a 3 mile run. Managed to finish 3.25 in about 35-40 Minutes, felt really good to turn my clothes into those rags you buy that you wet to stay cool...yeah my clothes look like that after 10 minutes and by the end you can see every ounce of tummy fat on me, even black just sticks to me like a manatee floating thru the Jupiter Inlet. 

-It felt good to run off some of that crap I've been eating and drinking. I might jump up in the morning and go again, at least take the bike out for a spin. Sat is Morn Tennis, Sunday will be a run/bike combo, beach outing likely, yeah I need to get back in the swing of it. 

I feel so calm after a good hard run and my system immediately responds in good ways.  

Cheers!

Did one last double up on yoga and I'm caught up. Doing extra planks and downdogs after doing pushups to exhaustion was my mistake but I found myself blaming her until she said she was engorged instead of engaging her core and then heyo'ed in case anyone had missed it. How can i stay mad at you andrea. You had me at engorged. You had me at engorged

Getting on the treadmill now to hopefully knock out a couple good miles before my kid gets home from Grammys, then a light dinner of two scrambled eggs, cauliflower, broccoli and brown rice with kikkoman sweet soy sauce for rice to get myself back on track before the weekend. 
You're sure you weren't thinking of the word impale? I can use it in a sentence if you like.

👍

After my "Legends League(Tennis)" was rained/lightning out I got a break around my house near Sunset and decided to take off on a 3 mile run. Managed to finish 3.25 in about 35-40 Minutes, felt really good to turn my clothes into those rags you buy that you wet to stay cool...yeah my clothes look like that after 10 minutes and by the end you can see every ounce of tummy fat on me, even black just sticks to me like a manatee floating thru the Jupiter Inlet. 

-It felt good to run off some of that crap I've been eating and drinking. I might jump up in the morning and go again, at least take the bike out for a spin. Sat is Morn Tennis, Sunday will be a run/bike combo, beach outing likely, yeah I need to get back in the swing of it. 

I feel so calm after a good hard run and my system immediately responds in good ways.  

Cheers!
Love this.

11 minute miles are no joke, you are getting close to the speeds that make serious runners try to recruit you into their weirdo cults. Soon you'll be wearing matching shoes and watches and sucking down gu with your new homies just to feel that high.  Stay the #### away from him @gruecd 

As for the rest of this... love it. @Otis this is what you sound like from when you stop quitting until you quit again.  

This weekend is your chance to not quit. 

Surprise us all by not disappointing us. 

Surprise your wife by losing that magical 35 pounds that equals 4 inches of waist band and the one inch on your peepee that she used to dream about before she had children but still wouldn't turn down that's for sure. Be the man she thought she was getting when she saw those giant Otis mitts and thought your big hands meant a big clock, but then you turned 40 together and now she accepts that your only big clock is for billable hours. 

Imagine how many people you can stop disappointing this weekend by just doing the thing instead of not doing it under the pretense that you cant do it because they're on vacation and can't wait to spend time with you, as if you're more entertaining than their friends for their iPads.

Also I did not make my healthy vegetable fried rice and might be drinking wine so now I'm all preachy again I'm sorry.  

Love this.

11 minute miles are no joke, you are getting close to the speeds that make serious runners try to recruit you into their weirdo cults. Soon you'll be wearing matching shoes and watches and sucking down gu with your new homies just to feel that high.  Stay the #### away from him @gruecd 

As for the rest of this... love it. @Otis this is what you sound like from when you stop quitting until you quit again.  

This weekend is your chance to not quit. 

Surprise us all by not disappointing us. 

Surprise your wife by losing that magical 35 pounds that equals 4 inches of waist band and the inches on your peepee that she used to dream about before she had children but still wouldn't turn down that's for sure. Be the man she thought she was getting when she saw those giant Otis mitts and thought your big hands meant a big clock, but then you turned 40 together and now she accepts that your only big clock is for billable hours. 

Imagine how many people you can stop disappointing this weekend by just doing the thing instead of not doing it under the pretense that you cant do it because they're on vacation and can't wait to spend time with you, as if you're more entertaining than their friends for their iPads.

Also I did not make my healthy vegetable fried rice and might be drinking wine so now I'm all preachy again I'm sorry.  
We never discussed this but there are some side effects of losing all this weight(cough cough).

I'm not drunk. Seriously. Just poured a second glass so I'm not making promises, but not drunk.  But I'm giggling like a teenage girl after that last post and the funniest part is krista just clicked like on my two posts before it and now she doesn't know if she should click like on the one about MoP's dong and I'm fn dying here. 

I'm not drunk. Seriously. Just poured a second glass so I'm not making promises, but not drunk.  But I'm giggling like a teenage girl after that last post and the funniest part is krista just clicked like on my two posts before it and now she doesn't know if she should click like on the one about MoP's dong and I'm fn dying here. 
Oh no, I had quickly made a decision not to post reactions to any posts re MoP's dong.  I'm an MoP fan, but cosign any requests for less dong talk.

Only dongs I want to talk about are ding dongs. Could easily crush 2 or 3 packs of those right now. I’m lit. Not Fred lit, but lit. Everyone else is sleeping so I guess I’ll sleep. 

Love my yoga. It won’t make me lose that 30lbs. That’s a whole other equation I need to solve. But we’ll get there. 

Only dongs I want to talk about are ding dongs. Could easily crush 2 or 3 packs of those right now. I’m lit. Not Fred lit, but lit. Everyone else is sleeping so I guess I’ll sleep. 

Love my yoga. It won’t make me lose that 30lbs. That’s a whole other equation I need to solve. But we’ll get there. 
 Can we jusht shtop callong it fred lit I'm fiine.

BTW - can we get Adriene to stop doing these ridiculous balance poses?  She's standing there gracefully holding her balance while slowly pulling into a squat position.  I'm standing there attempting to balance while swinging my arms around like a lunatic until my high foot inevitably meets its fate.   

Users who are viewing this thread