What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (9 Viewers)

I don't really recommend today's.  I did like that it ended in eagle arms while standing on one leg, and there were a few good moves in a wide-legged position, but otherwise pretty boring.
Ha I just finished it and was going to say I liked it. The wide legged sumo stretches were awesome for me, i grabbed both toes and got my head down probably a yoga block from the ground. The balancing and eagle arms stuff was pretty good too.  Agree that it wasn't a big challenging flow but that's what I have come to expect from most of these - 5 minutes warm up, 5 minutes of light activity with forward folds and down dogs, 5-10 minutes of moderately challenging activity like lunges to get a little heat, as she likes to say, then 5-10 more of something difficult like yoga bicycles or side planks or shoulder touch planks or today's eagle arms and then namaste. 

doubled up today, so am back on schedule.  

i liked them both. got a good sweat going.  i'm learning more and more, about how to do the poses, correctly.  the little cues that she gives, are really important for me to hit the pose in the most challenging way, for me.

and eagle pose?  we won't be filming that one. :lmao:    my arms, don't/won't/can't?, twist up. at all.

and now,  it's off to the brewery!

Last edited by a moderator:
@eaganwildcats — live row with Eric Murray on the asensei YouTube channel in about 15 mins:

im in 
https://youtu.be/gmoEtI2hcMw

ETA:

Oh man, this was a crushing workout.  Almost an hour including the warmup, he really pushed, my HR was redlining in the low 170s, burned almost 800 calories.  (Eagan, it was pretty cool, there’s a live chat and you can comment with him and ask questions after — only like 30 people joined, so it’s kind of cozy in that sense).  Combine that with the yoga I did earlier today, and Day 1 of HealthyOtis — HOTISTM — was pretty epic.  Still a day behind in yoga, but no way will I double up today after that row.  I’ll skip rowing tomorrow and double up then and be back on track.  

Day 1 in the books, sounds like @Otisstayed on track with the diet and exercise and no booze. How about @belljr?  Anyone else joining us?  I'm going to do two months of a serious push before my birthday at the end of October.  

Day 1 in the books, sounds like @Otisstayed on track with the diet and exercise and no booze. How about @belljr?  Anyone else joining us?  I'm going to do two months of a serious push before my birthday at the end of October.  
I’m eating some pretzels.  But no sweets, nothing terrible and ate vegetarian (will do pescatarian?), and most importantly no booze.  Day 1 in the books.  I don’t see why I can’t do this for a ten days, or a hundred days, or several hundred.  But one at a time for now.

i know what HOTIS is doing.  what are you doing for 2 months?
Logging daily in myfitnesspal and keeping my calories in weight loss instead of maintenance. Cutting the booze. I have 3 bottles of wine in the house and I'm saving one of them for my birthday at the end of October. Not buying any more between now and then. Making a hard push for two months which will probably slow my progress on the hundredpushups.com program but I am still shooting for one set of 100 consecutive pushups by my birthday too.  Still doing the yoga and running.  

It's a lot of different things, but these are all habits now.  It's time to pull them all together. 

Finished Day 1 of You're F'n Kidding Me, Right? with Adriene. At no point did anything I was doing remotely resemble anything she was doing. And no, you can't stand on the top of your feet, no matter what she says. She's an attractively-disguised goblin. If that was easing into it, I am doomed.

Finished Day 1 of You're F'n Kidding Me, Right? with Adriene. At no point did anything I was doing remotely resemble anything she was doing. And no, you can't stand on the top of your feet, no matter what she says. She's an attractively-disguised goblin. If that was easing into it, I am doomed.
I love you.  It will get easier, and you'll some day hit some weird-### pose you never thought you'd do, and she'll still be a goblin, but you'll feel like you accomplished something.

https://youtu.be/v7AYKMP6rOE

She has a couple of programs for people who need to ease into it. This one is called Yoga for complete beginners and it's 23 minutes long. You start in criss cross applesauce and don't stand up until like ten minutes into the session.  But you also learn how to do a few of those poses in more detail and with lower expectations. It's a good way to start. 

Day 22 of doing yoga together, and a reminder that anyone can start at any time and it's totally ok to take a rest day if you need to.  I saw a few people getting started here and I'm including you on the list so you can follow along or start at day one or whatever.  First timers might want to try Yoga for complete beginners before jumping in, but the "beginner" series we are doing is her original (2015) series called 30 days of yoga, and the "advanced" group is doing a playlist called june 2020 Courage that has been a bit more challenging than the original 30 days but has some easier days too. 

Beginner flow today is called full body awareness and it's one of my favorites from the first 30 days because it's the first time I really felt the benefits of warrior 2. It's a weird pose to me, it always just looked like you were pretending to surf, but today you're going to do it for a while and see what gets sore.  For me it was my shoulders and triceps. This has a couple of challenging stretching and balance poses too, so be prepared to feel it a little afterwards. https://youtu.be/k-A6uxFleL0

Advanced flow is called yoga for weight loss, hips and hamstrings.  I hop you don't think you are going to get out of doing lunges and doing that thing where you lift your leg up then bring it to hour elbows. We get to do that dog/fire hydrant thing and also a couple new stretches for the hip that look like a superhero landing from a big jump and one where you kind of act like your leg isn't attached to your body and you just need to carry it home. Pretty excited about that. Oh, then we get to try and fail at crow pose again and finish with some yoga bicycles. https://youtu.be/bgPICTHJ_Ug

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life @ragincajun @The Flying Turtle @Leeroy Jenkins @Judge Smails @kevzilla @belljr

I woke up at about 5 this morning and putt around the house for a bit and I typically wish by 7 that I had gone out at 6 and just gotten it done. So I went outside about 6:15 this morning and was delighted to be met with a steady 15 mph breeze that was wonderful to run thru even with the humidity. Sun didn't really rise until after I was back at the crib. 

-3 Miles in 33 minutes but the big news is I never stopped along the path, first time I ever have run 3 miles without stopping a couple times and then starting again, just a continuous run all the way thru, I'm not sure I can do that every time but this morning before the sun rose and combined with steady wind, yeah that was great. 

🤙. Cheers Everyone  

I woke up at about 5 this morning and putt around the house for a bit and I typically wish by 7 that I had gone out at 6 and just gotten it done. So I went outside about 6:15 this morning and was delighted to be met with a steady 15 mph breeze that was wonderful to run thru even with the humidity. Sun didn't really rise until after I was back at the crib. 

-3 Miles in 33 minutes but the big news is I never stopped along the path, first time I ever have run 3 miles without stopping a couple times and then starting again, just a continuous run all the way thru, I'm not sure I can do that every time but this morning before the sun rose and combined with steady wind, yeah that was great. 

🤙. Cheers Everyone  
Running a 5k without stopping is a major milestone.  A lot of people run those charity 5ks and end up walking off and on.  Good on you.  I usually do my running in the evening these days but when I lived in arizona for a while I used to run at don too and it was awesome.  I love feeling like you have a accomplished something the rest of the day.  Nowadays I start work at 6am or I might consider giving the early run another shot. 

Definitely worked for me.  Some people find the pricing a little high which is fair too.  But the free trial sold me completely. I bought the initial 3/4 months for my gf too.  If anyone wants a referral link (where you get 20% off and I get $20) just send me a PM.  I didn’t want it to come across like I’m shilling, I really am blown away by the program.  
I'm 40 days in and down 23 lbs on Noom.  I love the green/yellow/red food breakdown.  It's better than counting points or carbs.  It's realistic.  Most of all, it's a psychological app to change the way you view things.  It's gotten me to be more active and really changed my day to day choices across all areas of life, not just eating.

Got my bloodwork back. Most really really good. We’ve been aggressive with cholesterol since my Widowmaker last December. Granted, total was never super high (highest lifetime was 212, usually hovered around 190-200) but HDL/LDL mix could have been better. So now LDL is 75 but HDL dropped a little below low end of range. May need to modify habits/meds a bit to correct. The other is I have rampant diabetes in my family. Dad died from complications, both brothers have it. I’ve always been in the “pre” stage. 5.7, 5.8 type A1C. Just monitored. Hit 6 for the first time. I don’t want to become diabetic and will get serious to prevent it. 

My weight is OK but I’m not chiseled lean by any stretch. I don’t eat many carbs. Mostly chicken Or turkey and salad with veggies. Red meat 1 night a month maybe. I do drink.  Wine more nights than not and if it’s taco truck night I’ll make a margarita. May have a Tito’s and soda on other nights.  Not hammered. But I’ll have one on 4 out of 7 nights. Also I’m not a sweet tooth guy but I do like handful of dark chocolate açaí berries, Kind bark etc at night. Maybe a healthy choice fudge bar. 

Need blood sugars to go the other way and HDL to rise. Everything else is with blood work is perfect, though to be fair meds are part of the fix. Would love to get off of them. 

I’m reading - but do you have suggestions of what has worked for you? 

Hundredpushups.com update - today I was supposed to do 120 pushups with sets of 22, 30, 20, 20, then 28. I got through the 22 with no problem, but struggled on the 30, finished the next 20, and then part way through the next 20 I could just tell if I pushed it any more something was going to pop. Took a little extra rest, started the 4th set over and did all 20, then took a couple more minutes and did the final 28. I don't feel confident in moving up after today, but I did it.  I'll repeat week 3 day 3 before moving up to week 4.

Got my bloodwork back. Most really really good. We’ve been aggressive with cholesterol since my Widowmaker last December. Granted, total was never super high (highest lifetime was 212, usually hovered around 190-200) but HDL/LDL mix could have been better. So now LDL is 75 but HDL dropped a little below low end of range. May need to modify habits/meds a bit to correct. The other is I have rampant diabetes in my family. Dad died from complications, both brothers have it. I’ve always been in the “pre” stage. 5.7, 5.8 type A1C. Just monitored. Hit 6 for the first time. I don’t want to become diabetic and will get serious to prevent it. 

My weight is OK but I’m not chiseled lean by any stretch. I don’t eat many carbs. Mostly chicken Or turkey and salad with veggies. Red meat 1 night a month maybe. I do drink.  Wine more nights than not and if it’s taco truck night I’ll make a margarita. May have a Tito’s and soda on other nights.  Not hammered. But I’ll have one on 4 out of 7 nights. Also I’m not a sweet tooth guy but I do like handful of dark chocolate açaí berries, Kind bark etc at night. Maybe a healthy choice fudge bar. 

Need blood sugars to go the other way and HDL to rise. Everything else is with blood work is perfect, though to be fair meds are part of the fix. Would love to get off of them. 

you're doing the right thing.  read read read.  the more you know, the better.  i had sky high, triglycerides.   doc wanted to put me on meds.  i said, let's see what i can do first.  diet, exercise, less booze(almost zero hard alcohol) plus, i learned that fish oil and niacin should help.  triglycerides are now in middle of the normal range. 

i think everyone's different and what works for one, may not work for another.  my situation is not yours.  but i am a big proponent of health through diet and exercise.  i HATE the concept of being on daily meds.   :shrug:

the ole @SWC might have something to add, as his situation is closer to yours.

My triglycerides also through the roof, >500 at one point. Niacin caused flank pain and regular fish oil was ineffective. Now I'm on prescription fish oil, fenofibrate and six days a week of exercise to get to 200.  :oldunsure:

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
My triglycerides also through the roof, >500 at one point. Niacin caused flank pain and regular fish oil was ineffective. Now I'm on prescription fish oil, fenofibrate and six days a week of exercise to get to 200.  :oldunsure:
Stick to it. Took me a long t8me.

What is flank pain? :oldunsure:   I occasionally get the niacin flush. Which is the worst. But it goes away, fairly Quickly. 

• Smile
Day 22

Fire hydrants - 100%, seemed easy

Ninja warriors - 100%, seemed easy

Crow - 5% maybe if I'm generous, I don't think my arms and legs are compatible

Rock your ankle in your elbow like a baby - 100%, was a little surprised I could do this

Figure 8/leg behind head - zero interest in learning this skill 

Seated forward fold - 90%, was legit worried someone would walk in on me because I'm getting close to y'know 

Yoga bicycles with the taps - 90%, the only thing I struggle with is keeping my legs as high as she does

All in all a decent practice, I definitely got a little sweat going and some challenging poses but I was psyched that I could do a lot of them. 

Day 22

Fire hydrants - 100%, seemed easy  agreed

Ninja warriors - 100%, seemed easy  agreed.  had to be super careful going onto my left knee.  very happy to get all the way down.  i was ecstatic, to able to do the full squat, with my hands at my heart.  heels still up in the air though.

Crow - 5% maybe if I'm generous, I don't think my arms and legs are compatible  today, was not my crow day.  20%?

Rock your ankle in your elbow like a baby - 100%, was a little surprised I could do this could not do this at all

Figure 8/leg behind head - zero interest in learning this skill very excited to try this one.   looks impossible.

Seated forward fold - 90%, was legit worried someone would walk in on me because I'm getting close to y'know in yesterday's session, i finally heard her say, all poses, are active poses. this pose is much harder, if one pushes down with the thighs, calves and heels.  i can easily grab my feet, but don't feel very close to folding completely over.

Yoga bicycles with the taps - 90%, the only thing I struggle with is keeping my legs as high as she does  they suck, but are easy for me.  threw in 1 minute, of full boat, at the end.

All in all a decent practice, I definitely got a little sweat going and some challenging poses but I was psyched that I could do a lot of them. boom!  it's awesome, making breakthroughs!
it's funny/cool how different people are.  thanks again for being the driving force for the yoga!

• Smile
Going to do 1st of the Adrienne workouts now then Peleton interval ride after...
Nice. Let us know which "first day" you do (2015 30 days of yoga?  June 2020 Courage? Something else?) and what you think - I know you've been doing a lot of these poses already so if you find it easy or difficult or about right, there's a few options you could try. 

Note I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any exercise program. 

• Smile
Day 22

Fire hydrants - 100%, seemed easy

Ninja warriors - 100%, seemed easy

Crow - 5% maybe if I'm generous, I don't think my arms and legs are compatible

Rock your ankle in your elbow like a baby - 100%, was a little surprised I could do this

Figure 8/leg behind head - zero interest in learning this skill 

Seated forward fold - 90%, was legit worried someone would walk in on me because I'm getting close to y'know 

Yoga bicycles with the taps - 90%, the only thing I struggle with is keeping my legs as high as she does

All in all a decent practice, I definitely got a little sweat going and some challenging poses but I was psyched that I could do a lot of them. 
I thought it was a pretty good one.  I did all but the crow, which wasn't required and I didn't attempt.  I need to do one of the guides where she shows you exactly how to do it.  I feel like I'm not even approaching it right.

Nice. Let us know which "first day" you do (2015 30 days of yoga?  June 2020 Courage? Something else?) and what you think - I know you've been doing a lot of these poses already so if you find it easy or difficult or about right, there's a few options you could try. 

Note I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any exercise program. 
Is there a post with a link to the "first day" options? Assuming once you start, the subsequent days show in the "up next" section?

• Smile
I thought it was a pretty good one.  I did all but the crow, which wasn't required and I didn't attempt.  I need to do one of the guides where she shows you exactly how to do it.  I feel like I'm not even approaching it right.
From what I can tell you put your knees in your armpits then you put your wrists on the ground, transfer your full body weight onto the back of your arm and lift one foot off the ground, then repeat with the other arm. She said it isn't really about how strong your arms are and from what I can see your whole weight is going through your forearm bones that I'm not going to remember or Google right now, so it's more about getting your arms stacked straight up over your wrist and distributing your mass evenly over them while your sweaty hairy legs try to cling to your sweaty doughy arms without the benefit of friction. YMMV.  But then again it's quarantine and i bet the women's razor industry isn't doing much better than the men's right now and I'm not asking. 

• Smile
From what I can tell you put your knees in your armpits then you put your wrists on the ground, transfer your full body weight onto the back of your arm and lift one foot off the ground, then repeat with the other arm. She said it isn't really about how strong your arms are and from what I can see your whole weight is going through your forearm bones that I'm not going to remember or Google right now, so it's more about getting your arms stacked straight up over your wrist and distributing your mass evenly over them while your sweaty hairy legs try to cling to your sweaty doughy arms without the benefit of friction. YMMV.  But then again it's quarantine and i bet the women's razor industry isn't doing much better than the men's right now and I'm not asking. 
This is why I thought I should figure it out and try again.  I'd given up after an earlier try thinking it was a question of not having upper-body strength, but this gave me hope.

• Smile
Is there a post with a link to the "first day" options? Assuming once you start, the subsequent days show in the "up next" section?
Absolutely. There's three that we've discussed this month, and the first two are 30 day programs designed so you can do them every day if you want (but you don't necessarily have to):

Good morning yoga people. 30 days starts today for those of us doing this together, but anyone can start at any time. 

For those of us doing the beginner flow, this is day one of the original 2015 30 days of yoga. Highly recommend it for strength and flexibility and most days are 20-30 minutes so it's very doable. 

Beginner https://youtu.be/oBu-pQG6sTY

For those looking for something more challenging , we are doing the June 2020 Courage program.  I'll post day one below but also here is the YouTube playlist 

Courage https://youtu.be/KyBmGfI5OWU

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats@Dickies @Ministry of Pain
If this is your first time trying yoga and you're not sure you're ready, this is a good option too:

https://youtu.be/v7AYKMP6rOE

She has a couple of programs for people who need to ease into it. This one is called Yoga for complete beginners and it's 23 minutes long. You start in criss cross applesauce and don't stand up until like ten minutes into the session.  But you also learn how to do a few of those poses in more detail and with lower expectations. It's a good way to start. 
You can follow the youtube playlists or go back and read my posts - I've given a quick summary of all the practices each day in this thread so people can reread later and find ones they liked or want to do again. There are other programs too - krista did the "Home" series, and there's been a ton of new content during the pandemic. We are currently getting to the end of this current 30 day challenge, so if you have some experience with yoga already you can join us now, or start with day 1 and join us when we start on our next go round. The more the merrier. 

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any exercise program. 

for me, my knees are just below my triceps.  practically stacked in a straight line with my forearms.  when i hit it right, toes are pointed and i'm looking slightly forward.  the stacking, takes a lot of the brute strength out of it.  it becomes more about core strength and balance.  there is no way, my knees are anywhere near my armpits.  if my knees aren't the right place, it's impossible.

eta: bfred style "i am not a yogi and this isn't advice on how to do crow"

here is my approach.  she usually has us try it after the full squat.  i lean forward and touch my knees to my elbows.  feet are still on the ground.  i shift my weight around a bit and lower my head. at this point, most of the weight of my upper body, is on my arms.  feet are still on the ground. then i find my knee placement, i lift one and then the other foot, off the ground.  looking slightly forward, really helped my balance. :shrug:  

Finished my run and closing out myfitnesspal with a few hundred unused calories in the bank.  Day 2 of 65 complete. @Otis @belljr how are you guys doing?
Hey GB. Day 2 in the books. Did Days 21 and 22 with Mariah so I’m back on schedule. Also drank no alcohol. And also ate vegetarian and no junk food (my few snacks during the day were pieces of cheese and nuts, but meals were otherwise a falafel salad and a dish of lentil pasta). 

Weird sleep last night, a little fog today and a slight dull headache in the morning. I think my liver is all “hey wtf.”  But otherwise feeling good. And not really craving anything. Don’t see why I couldn’t do this forever.  Of course Mrs. O being on the same kick makes it infinitely more doable. 

Plan to get a row in tomorrow morning and yoga later in the day, another vegetarian day, and no booze. Rinse, repeat. 

Day 23 of doing yoga together, and a reminder that anyone can start at any time and it's totally ok to take a rest day if you need to.  I saw a few people getting started here and I'm including you on the list so you can follow along or start at day one or whatever.  First timers might want to try Yoga for complete beginners before jumping in, but the "beginner" series we are doing is her original (2015) series called 30 days of yoga, and the "advanced" group is doing a playlist called june 2020 Courage that has been a bit more challenging than the original 30 days but has some easier days too. 

Beginner flow today is called freedom and forgiveness.  It looks like a fun one and probably harder than the longer advanced one we are doing. I might just do both today. This one starts out with some light balance poses, does some interesting variations on poses you've done before (make sure you can see the screen) and you even do some side planks. Some of you might find the seated poses more difficult than that - there's one where you sit between your calves and lie back that can be difficult if you are new or still working on flexibility. Lots of good poses in 24 minutes. https://youtu.be/7fR9Lamq0ms

Advanced flow is called yoga for strength and focus. A couple things right off the bat - it looks long, at 43 minutes, but the first five minutes she has you breathe through one nostril at a time, and the last five minutes are just fade to black with dramatic music.  The nose breathing thing looks weird but I'll try it and hope she makes funny voices.  I skimmed through the rest of it and honestly it's not that much different from yesterday - more lunging and hold your knee up, we even end in a crow pose.  Like i said above, I will give this one a try, but I might do the beginner one too because it looks good today. https://youtu.be/_F8aOQza68E

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life @ragincajun @The Flying Turtle @Leeroy Jenkins @Judge Smails @kevzilla @belljr

@Big Blue Wrecking Crew

So I think I mentioned before that one of my current favorite foods to cook was the tornado omelette, because it's fun, looks cool and taste good but is also fairly healthy. I have tried it with a small cup of brown rice, some chicken, broccoli and soy, or a little brown rice, salsa, black beans, just a little cheese, and guacamole, and other combos. 

Today I tried it over broccoli rice with soy sauce, and it was... not bad. Two eggs over a healthy scoop of broccoli rice, sauteed in a little olive oil so it got some crisp, and that was it today, just trying the rice for the first time.  Total about 250 calories.

But you could do this with anything else you would add to fried rice - I think next time maybe shrimp, peas, carrots, sweet soy  - and make a meal that's healthy and cheap for just a couple hundred calories. 

Plus the broccoli itself has lots of fiber, vitamin c, and as a cruciferous vegetable, is supposed to be good for your liver, which seems like good timing since I'm taking some time off from wine the next couple months. 

Judge Smails said:

hi fellow heartdonebloweduphan i am going to use the space bar for this serious business post 

i have dropped about 55 lbs since my heart attack not bad work for 5 months anyhow and my bmi is now about 23 or 24 depending on the day and i want to get that down some more

got my total cholesterol from 284 to 134

my ldl from 171 to 71

my hdl from 33 to 50

which means my non hdl has gone from 251 to 84

basically what i had for numbers before my heart attack was pretty shameful and i still feel really bad mostly all the time for putting my family through what i put them through and think about that a lot now these days

i am working on getting my hdl up to 60 where my docs want it by trying to totally avoid transfats and saturated fats by using only extra virgin olive oil when i use it at all

along with that my docs say to stop or almost stop drinking which i already had pretty much its no fun sometimes but living is pretty fun so i manage

they also say do lots of steady exercise like walking and riding my bike which i am also doing and along with that i am eating tons of vegetables which fills me up and only brown grains and rice when i am craving a starch or just have a huge calorie hole at the end of the day and that has been my secret to success so far

basically i bet if you cut the booze and the sweets you would get the blood sugars in line and your hdl would come up some but i am not a doctor and my advice is do what i did and get with a dietician to straighten you keester out meester mine did wonders for me and between her and my surgeon i can hardly see them without losing it and telling them thanks i feel like i owe them my life honestly take that to the bank bromigo 

bostonfred said:
Logging daily in myfitnesspal and keeping my calories in weight loss instead of maintenance. Cutting the booze. I have 3 bottles of wine in the house and I'm saving one of them for my birthday at the end of October. Not buying any more between now and then. Making a hard push for two months which will probably slow my progress on the hundredpushups.com program but I am still shooting for one set of 100 consecutive pushups by my birthday too.  Still doing the yoga and running.  

It's a lot of different things, but these are all habits now.  It's time to pull them all together. 
swc in take that to the bank brohans 

Otis said:
If I just repeat my habits of the past two days like 50 or so times, I’d probably have a six pack or at a bare minimum be in legit good athletic shape.  It’s really not THAT far off. LETS GO. 
hell yeah lets goooooooooooooo take that to the bank bromigos 

kevzilla said:
you got this pre heart attack i was 399 bloodwork a few weeks back was 67 boom no booze working out and diet take that to the bank bromigo

Judge Smails said:
Going to do 1st of the Adrienne workouts now then Peleton interval ride after...
is the peloton worth it honestly i have made fun of them but i am going to need a bike inside when snow flies up here which in scanny could be anytime next week so please fill me in take that to the bank brochacho

DA RAIDERS said:
What is flank pain? :oldunsure:
Pain in the lower, lateral areas of your back. Usually means your kidneys are super unhappy. The flushes I could take, more or less, but taking a random kidney punch every couple of minutes was a little much to ask.

bostonfred said:
bostonfred said:
Day 23 of doing yoga together, and a reminder that anyone can start at any time and it's totally ok to take a rest day if you need to.  I saw a few people getting started here and I'm including you on the list so you can follow along or start at day one or whatever.  First timers might want to try Yoga for complete beginners before jumping in, but the "beginner" series we are doing is her original (2015) series called 30 days of yoga, and the "advanced" group is doing a playlist called june 2020 Courage that has been a bit more challenging than the original 30 days but has some easier days too. 

Beginner flow today is called freedom and forgiveness.  It looks like a fun one and probably harder than the longer advanced one we are doing. I might just do both today. This one starts out with some light balance poses, does some interesting variations on poses you've done before (make sure you can see the screen) and you even do some side planks. Some of you might find the seated poses more difficult than that - there's one where you sit between your calves and lie back that can be difficult if you are new or still working on flexibility. Lots of good poses in 24 minutes. https://youtu.be/7fR9Lamq0ms

Advanced flow is called yoga for strength and focus. A couple things right off the bat - it looks long, at 43 minutes, but the first five minutes she has you breathe through one nostril at a time, and the last five minutes are just fade to black with dramatic music.  The nose breathing thing looks weird but I'll try it and hope she makes funny voices.  I skimmed through the rest of it and honestly it's not that much different from yesterday - more lunging and hold your knee up, we even end in a crow pose.  Like i said above, I will give this one a try, but I might do the beginner one too because it looks good today. https://youtu.be/_F8aOQza68E

@Big Blue Wrecking Crew
"Alternate nostril breathing" sucked.  It was dumb and made my nose run like crazy.  Then lots and lots of lunges, with her veering at one point into talking about a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, which was annoying.  Then crow.  If yoga studios were open, I might go into one and have them put me in crow pose to see what I'm doing wrong.  She kinda started to do a step-by-step but then didn't finish that, so I still felt lost.

• Smile
Pain in the lower, lateral areas of your back. Usually means your kidneys are super unhappy. The flushes I could take, more or less, but taking a random kidney punch every couple of minutes was a little much to ask.
i'll keep an eye out for that.  since, i only have 1 kidney.   :mellow:   i hadn't read that niacin was hard on kidneys.  time for some more research.

• Smile
"Alternate nostril breathing" sucked.  It was dumb and made my nose run like crazy.  Then lots and lots of lunges, with her veering at one point into talking about a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, which was annoying.  Then crow.  If yoga studios were open, I might go into one and have them put me in crow pose to see what I'm doing wrong.  She kinda started to do a step-by-step but then didn't finish that, so I still felt lost.
crow pose

embrace the goofiness.  you'll see...

• Smile
Day 23 of Yoga done.  Yet another day of vegetarian* clean eating and no booze.  I didn’t have a chance to row this morning, but will seek to get one in this evening. GO GO GO.

(I totally screwed up and wasn’t thinking.  During lunch I grabbed one of those little Applegate prepackaged charcuterie plates, which has some cheese, dried cranberries, and, oops, uncured salami.  I don’t even much like salami.  It was just in my mini fridge in my office and I grabbed it while on a conference call for a quick lunch.  Not counting this — total accident).

Also decided I’m not going to weigh myself regularly through all this.  It doesn’t matter.  If I keep doing what I’m doing, it’ll just happen.  Maybe I’ll check in once a week, or once every two weeks, or hell once a month.  We’ll see. 

Day 23 of Yoga done.  Yet another day of vegetarian* clean eating and no booze.  I didn’t have a chance to row this morning, but will seek to get one in this evening. GO GO GO.

(I totally screwed up and wasn’t thinking.  During lunch I grabbed one of those little Applegate prepackaged charcuterie plates, which has some cheese, dried cranberries, and, oops, uncured salami.  I don’t even much like salami.  It was just in my mini fridge in my office and I grabbed it while on a conference call for a quick lunch.  Not counting this — total accident).

Also decided I’m not going to weigh myself regularly through all this.  It doesn’t matter.  If I keep doing what I’m doing, it’ll just happen.  Maybe I’ll check in once a week, or once every two weeks, or hell once a month.  We’ll see. 
i commend you.

make sure that you listen to your body.  cutting booze entirely and going vegetarian, is going to shock the #### out of your body.  your body is going to miss those 1500-3000 daily calories, that you're not ingesting now.  i would guess that around day 4-5, you are going to be STARVING.  eat.  it's ok  you're shooting for balance, not Bale style.  when i ate vegetarian, for around a year, the volume and frequency of eating went up a lot.  especially in the beginning.

you got this!!

Users who are viewing this thread