What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (6 Viewers)

Otis said:
Great thoughts on all.  Your progress is solid and what I love about "a slightly above average diet" is it sounds like something sustainable.  

Yeah I'm feeling great about my exercising and the daytime eating.  My demon remains and always has been 7-10pm.  What happens after dinner.  Maybe I need an evening hobby.  Something stupid like model trains.  Or hell maybe I should spend that time billing a few extra hours. 
Maybe you could spend time with the family.  Your young kids likely go to bed around 7 or 8 but you could play board games/cards or read bed time stories.   I play guitar once my daughter goes to bed.   It keeps me busy, takes my mid off of my job, and winds me down.  You will figure this out.  Good luck.  

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
I gotta say this thread has become way too preachy and not nearly supportive enough for me (and spare me the "preachy is supportive" stuff).  Everyone has different ways they need encouragement.  One size fits all doesn't...ummm, fit.

Not intended toward anyone in particular, but if you're making changes, no matter how "small," to be healthier, then I applaud you and support you.  k4out.
Correct - everybody responds differently to positive and negative reinforcement. Everybody has different strengths working for them - and different weaknesses they're battling against. @bostonfred is 100% correct in his assessment - when Otis wants to #### up he comes in here and phrases his intended #### up in a particular way in hopes that others will encourage it so he can justify it. Positive encouragement in such an instance enables his particular weakness whereas in the case with others in here it has the opposite effect. 

There's a time to be positive. And there's a time to be negative. I think this is the right spot to be negative, especially because this is the beginning of one of his 3 annual periods of regression. 

my night hobby is tying flies and drinking fizzy waters like bubbly and lacroy while i watch youtube fishing videos or netflix with my lady and that keeps me away from snacks if i do snack i try to have popcorn and what i do is use one of those rubbery microwave bowls so it does not have any oil or butter on it and then for butter i use about 1 pat melt it and mix it with water so i get the taste of butter on more popcorn but not a lot of bad stuff from the butter and i only use salt substitute it is like 200 or 300 calories for a big bowl so no big deal if you walk twice during the day take that to the bank bromigos 

I weighed in at 232 this week for no loss, but I am ok with that, I know what needs to be fixed.  I was under my allotted points everyday, but I was close to the high end (and may have even been over if I under reported portions).  I also did the bare minimum on exercise.

This week I will have a renewed focus on eating right and more get exercise.  Thank you all for the support you have given.

my night hobby is tying flies and drinking fizzy waters like bubbly and lacroy while i watch youtube fishing videos or netflix with my lady and that keeps me away from snacks if i do snack i try to have popcorn and what i do is use one of those rubbery microwave bowls so it does not have any oil or butter on it and then for butter i use about 1 pat melt it and mix it with water so i get the taste of butter on more popcorn but not a lot of bad stuff from the butter and i only use salt substitute it is like 200 or 300 calories for a big bowl so no big deal if you walk twice during the day take that to the bank bromigos 
I drink 2 or 3 Bubbly cans a week.  They have replaced beer for me.   I still love the taste of beer and bourbon but I cannot drink empty calories and eat what I want.   Something had to give.   My weight has held steady for months while I pound the weights.  I’m happy with that.   

I drink 2 or 3 Bubbly cans a week.  They have replaced beer for me.   I still love the taste of beer and bourbon but I cannot drink empty calories and eat what I want.   Something had to give.   My weight has held steady for months while I pound the weights.  I’m happy with that.   
i drink so much fizzy water that i am pretty sure i am single handedly keeping the industry alive i mean i probably drink 3 to 4 cans from seven to 10 every night i love that stuff and it has nothing in it im not even sure its real take that to the bank brohans 

I weighed in at 232 this week for no loss, but I am ok with that, I know what needs to be fixed.  I was under my allotted points everyday, but I was close to the high end (and may have even been over if I under reported portions).  I also did the bare minimum on exercise.

This week I will have a renewed focus on eating right and more get exercise.  Thank you all for the support you have given.
I plateaued for several days while eating 1000 or more calories under maintenance every day.  Water weight, poop, all kinds of stuff gets in the way. 

Hey gang! It's great catching up on this thread - lots of people doing really well (some not so much...).

Just an update - The wife and I put on a good deal of Covid weight - she's doing Jenny Craig now (down 15 lbs in 7 weeks) and I'm going full blown keto (down 22 lbs. in 8 weeks).

I got up to about 225 at one point, which just sucks for me. My ideal weight is in the low 190's. I'm at 203 now, so making great progress and feeling skinny again.

@Otis, I'm not sure where you are with things exactly, but like you, I love eating and drinking. Through this whole thing I haven't counted calories once. I just eat until I feel good. I haven't cut back my drinking at all either (I drink Mich Ultra and whiskey - mostly whiskey). And I do drink a fair amount (usually a big pour of whiskey most nights). But, my carbs are VERY low. I'm eating eggs, meat, cheese, and some veggies all the time. No bread, no rice, zero.

I actually love eating this way. I mean, heck, I went out to a steakhouse with a buddy the other day and had a bone-in filet, creamed spinach, lamb fondu, and a couple scotches. And I lost half a pound that day.

Anyway, just wanted to give an update. Oats, any thought to going back and giving keto another run?

Week 4, Day 3 of pushup challenge - 29, 33, 29, 29, 40.  Set 1 - I felt completely fine and eased through it with perfect form.  Set 2 - I got through it was feeling a little tired towards the end.  Set 3 - I struggled with this one.  Had to pause a couple times near the end (but stayed in plank position).  Set 4 - My son interrupted me after the first pushup :lmao:    so that bought me an extra minute.  Made it through ok but the whole time I'm thinking "how the hell am I going to complete 40 in the next set.   :no:  .  Set 5 - I was able to complete the 40 but I literally paused after each of the last 15 pushups (although stayed in plank).  I managed to do them all without hitting the ground.

On a side note, I actually didn't realize there was supposed to be an exhaustion test after week 2.  I just jumped straight to column 3.  I will definitely take the exhaustion test this time around.

Today is a rest day for me and then off to hour long body combat tomorrow morning.

W3 D2 down. Going fine except I need to double my rest time to get the final set done and I’m losing form. I think I may repeat W3 just to be sure I’m ready. Though it seems like there is a test I should take it be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey gang! It's great catching up on this thread - lots of people doing really well (some not so much...).

Just an update - The wife and I put on a good deal of Covid weight - she's doing Jenny Craig now (down 15 lbs in 7 weeks) and I'm going full blown keto (down 22 lbs. in 8 weeks).

I got up to about 225 at one point, which just sucks for me. My ideal weight is in the low 190's. I'm at 203 now, so making great progress and feeling skinny again.

@Otis, I'm not sure where you are with things exactly, but like you, I love eating and drinking. Through this whole thing I haven't counted calories once. I just eat until I feel good. I haven't cut back my drinking at all either (I drink Mich Ultra and whiskey - mostly whiskey). And I do drink a fair amount (usually a big pour of whiskey most nights). But, my carbs are VERY low. I'm eating eggs, meat, cheese, and some veggies all the time. No bread, no rice, zero.

I actually love eating this way. I mean, heck, I went out to a steakhouse with a buddy the other day and had a bone-in filet, creamed spinach, lamb fondu, and a couple scotches. And I lost half a pound that day.

Anyway, just wanted to give an update. Oats, any thought to going back and giving keto another run?
Awesome stuff GB.  A good suggestion — I’ve always done well on keto.  Simplifies things for me.  And it’s clear that carbs are where I have problems.  Make have to give this a whirl again.  

Week 4, Day 3 of pushup challenge - 29, 33, 29, 29, 40.  Set 1 - I felt completely fine and eased through it with perfect form.  Set 2 - I got through it was feeling a little tired towards the end.  Set 3 - I struggled with this one.  Had to pause a couple times near the end (but stayed in plank position).  Set 4 - My son interrupted me after the first pushup :lmao:    so that bought me an extra minute.  Made it through ok but the whole time I'm thinking "how the hell am I going to complete 40 in the next set.   :no:  .  Set 5 - I was able to complete the 40 but I literally paused after each of the last 15 pushups (although stayed in plank).  I managed to do them all without hitting the ground.

On a side note, I actually didn't realize there was supposed to be an exhaustion test after week 2.  I just jumped straight to column 3.  I will definitely take the exhaustion test this time around.

Today is a rest day for me and then off to hour long body combat tomorrow morning.
Did the same set today, but before my run. That was definitely the mistake last time. I felt much better today.  Did the 29, 33, 29 and 29 sets without much trouble although I probably took more rest than you, even with your kid timeout. Got to 30 without stopping... but when i stopped I stopped glad on my chest for almost ten seconds. So... pretty similar to where you're at. I do feel a bit better than last time. Will probably do week 5 day 1 Monday. The good news is that that's the last of the big set days, and then it switches to 8 sets of 25ish, and one big set of like 50 at the end. 

I gotta say this thread has become way too preachy and not nearly supportive enough for me (and spare me the "preachy is supportive" stuff).  Everyone has different ways they need encouragement.  One size fits all doesn't...ummm, fit.

Not intended toward anyone in particular, but if you're making changes, no matter how "small," to be healthier, then I applaud you and support you.  k4out.
I was thinking about this a lot today. I definitely have been preachy, and I try to be supportive but maybe I need to step back a bit. 

I also swapped a couple funny texts with my favorite drinking buddy and started planning a drinking night tonight. I am slightly ahead of my goal pace, and I haven't cheated once, my goal and deadline are both completely arbitrary, and I never even "promised" not to drink, I just said I wouldn't buy any more than the 3 bottles of wine I have in the house.  

I seriously did not make up my mind until 20 minutes ago. Let my hair down and get back to it tomorrow, or stick to a plan I didnt even set out to do for another day. And I guess it doesn't matter to any of you which one I chose, except to me, because it's important to me that I stay accountable and honest with you guys. And honestly, today was difficult, and i almost cheated, but I didn't.  Yet. I might still later if I'm ahead of goal pace and closer to it but for right now, I'm good. 

And the best piece of advice I can give is to find a good supportive group like you all have been for me and commit to sharing your progress and setbacks. It's been a big help for me and I thank you.  I'll try to be better about being supportive and positive too. 

Under calories for the day, no alcohol, day 33, 32 to go. 

I was thinking about this a lot today. I definitely have been preachy, and I try to be supportive but maybe I need to step back a bit. 

I also swapped a couple funny texts with my favorite drinking buddy and started planning a drinking night tonight. I am slightly ahead of my goal pace, and I haven't cheated once, my goal and deadline are both completely arbitrary, and I never even "promised" not to drink, I just said I wouldn't buy any more than the 3 bottles of wine I have in the house.  

I seriously did not make up my mind until 20 minutes ago. Let my hair down and get back to it tomorrow, or stick to a plan I didnt even set out to do for another day. And I guess it doesn't matter to any of you which one I chose, except to me, because it's important to me that I stay accountable and honest with you guys. And honestly, today was difficult, and i almost cheated, but I didn't.  Yet. I might still later if I'm ahead of goal pace and closer to it but for right now, I'm good. 

And the best piece of advice I can give is to find a good supportive group like you all have been for me and commit to sharing your progress and setbacks. It's been a big help for me and I thank you.  I'll try to be better about being supportive and positive too. 

I hope you didn’t  cheat.  Not meant to be judgmental at all but I think I speak for many of us when I say that you’re one of the inspirational people in this thread and one of the main reasons I’m motivated to push myself.  I mean I started yoga, MFP, exercise challenge and an insane pushup challenge because of you. :lmao:    I’m in the best shape of my life primarily because of you.

Awesome stuff GB.  A good suggestion — I’ve always done well on keto.  Simplifies things for me.  And it’s clear that carbs are where I have problems.  Make have to give this a whirl again.  
I'm with you on the simplicity. I love meat, and basically eat it every day now. So I don't even feel like I'm on a diet. My wife gets kind of mad because she's doing Jenny Craig and has to eat all this ####. She has said a few times - I can't believe you're losing weight the way you are eating. I just give her the :shrug:  and eat another steak and drink another whiskey.

I'm with you on the simplicity. I love meat, and basically eat it every day now. So I don't even feel like I'm on a diet. My wife gets kind of mad because she's doing Jenny Craig and has to eat all this ####. She has said a few times - I can't believe you're losing weight the way you are eating. I just give her the :shrug:  and eat another steak and drink another whiskey.
This is so so true.  I’m very much like you in that I need simplicity and clean rules because as we’ve seen, given flexibility and room for judgment, I’ll eventually erode good habits and be smashing Twinkies on the regular.  I’m the kind of guy who does much better with clear rules, but also simple to implement rules.  Much as I’d like to start counting calories I just know myself and I won’t do it.  So someone like me is much better off installing guide rails — if I can’t eat many carbs, I can’t get into trouble, because I’m not gonna get fat on cheeses and deli meats and nuts.  So for me the rule is “avoid carbs (other than fruit and vegetables).”  If I do that one thing, I can still drink some alcohol, still have steaks and restaurants, still snack, but I’ll end up losing weight.  

Going back to this.

Last edited by a moderator:

I actually hope you did cheat.  Not because I want to see you fail, but because there’s no way in hell you having drinks last night could constitute failure given how well you’re doing.

The reality is we need to figure out a way to do this over the long term anyway.  Not 30 or 60 days.  But a lifetime.  That’s what’s so hard here.  Hell, I can barely go two weeks, though I’m sure if pressed I could do a month or two on some diet.  But then what?  Whole lotta life to live after that...

Enjoy a drink GB.  And as for the support stuff, you’ve been awesome. Some of us can be pretty frustrating (for ourselves and others, I think), and your heart’s always in the right place.

Let’s go get ‘em, people.  There’s abs under there somewhere. 

I actually hope you did cheat.  Not because I want to see you fail, but because there’s no way in hell you having drinks last night could constitute failure given how well you’re doing.

The reality is we need to figure out a way to do this over the long term anyway.  Not 30 or 60 days.  But a lifetime.  That’s what’s so hard here.  Hell, I can barely go two weeks, though I’m sure if pressed I could do a month or two on some diet.  But then what?  Whole lotta life to live after that...

Enjoy a drink GB.  And as for the support stuff, you’ve been awesome. Some of us can be pretty frustrating (for ourselves and others, I think), and your heart’s always in the right place.

Let’s go get ‘em, people.  There’s abs under there somewhere. 
Appreciate it GB. And I agree, what I'm doing is not sustainable. I am making a "hard push" - I'm not looking to sustain this. I will lose over 20 pounds in 65 days. Then I will go back to maintaining and exercising and body recomposition.

When I'm ready, I will  make another push to lose ten or so. I have learned that this is what works best for me.  I have the willpower to lose fast, and I have the willpower and the skills to maintain, but I struggle at losing gradually because I am too good at making excuses for why I don't need to meet my goals today. I said before I dont have willpower, but I think a better way to say it is that i don't have that kind of willpower

Maintenance mode for me isn't staying under 2200 calories a day or whatever my maintenance number is.  It's more like 2500, 2000, 1500, 3500, 1500, 1500, 2500 net calories a day.  I haven't had more than 1500 net calories since August. 

Now add in 3-4 days a week of running or rowing for 5-600 calories and I will be eating more like 3000, 2500, 2200. 3500, 2100, 2200. I haven't had more than 2100 total calories since August.

That's what sustainable looks like for me - and it will involve wine. 

I suspect that something similar would work best for you, too, because I think you are good in short bursts but struggle with anything more than maintaining in the long term.  I see successful weight loss for you looking something like this.. make a hard push for a couple weeks before Halloween, take a break and drink and eat candy and put some back on. Then make a hard push before Thanksgiving, then eat turkey and stuffing sandwiches and have a 4 day weekend with the family. Then another 3 week push before Christmas, and a couple weeks of egg nog and Christmas cookies and tenderloin and scotch. Then new year's resolutions and another good push. I don't think that's the healthiest or fastest or best way to get there, but it seems to match up with your abilities. I dont know enough about all the low carb and keto diets to know whether 2-3 weeks of keto and then a break would work for you, but if it would, maybe that's the right answer for you.  I just think it's time to embrace your strength of short term effort and your weakness of sustained effort.  I'd love to see you crack this nut, however you end up doing it, as long as you do it safely. Reminder that I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any diet or exercise program.

Muscles in my lower back started barking last night for no apparent reason. This morning, there was no pain, but was very stiff. I decided I would still take my walk, but just take it easy. I certainly did at first, but covered the last half-mile or so at my normal pace, with no pain, after everything finally loosened up. Overall, I averaged a 19:28 mile pace, which is dialing it back about five percent.  :rolleyes:

The scale says I lost 0.7 pounds this week. We move on.

Did tough 45 minute Peleton ride this morning. Then pushups, sit-ups, biceps and tri’s with bands. Went to the beach for 3 hours. Walked dog for 30 min. Poke with 2 glasses of Pinot for dinner. Not perfect but good. 
I’ve been eyeing the used pelotons that pop up on Facebook marketplace. Not sure I’m ready to make the jump but am considering to have an option other than rowing. Reorganized the utility space yesterday and think I’d have space. Decisions decisions. 

I’ve been eyeing the used pelotons that pop up on Facebook marketplace. Not sure I’m ready to make the jump but am considering to have an option other than rowing. Reorganized the utility space yesterday and think I’d have space. Decisions decisions. 
You should try running on a treadmill, it's so much fun

I can't do it. 

Just finished my 5k, and even though I have been taking it easy on my knee recently, i ran my best time in months, in no small part because I was running for a cause that's important to me. 

Thank you to everyone who has signed up already.. and for those of you who are still thinking about it, there's still time - you have until Wednesday night to sign up even if you don't run it by the end of September. 

To sign up go to https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/Anytown/Chanceforhope

Just finished my 5k, and even though I have been taking it easy on my knee recently, i ran my best time in months, in no small part because I was running for a cause that's important to me. 

Thank you to everyone who has signed up already.. and for those of you who are still thinking about it, there's still time - you have until Wednesday night to sign up even if you don't run it by the end of September. 

To sign up go to https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/Anytown/Chanceforhope
Did ours today as well.  Mostly a walk....

Did my exhaustion test (without looking at the chart) this evening and was only able to hit 37 pushups.  So I now start week 5 tomorrow in column 2 (first time out of column 3).  And I'm actually very, very relieved.  

Not sure if the Yoga is still happening, but I spent some time searching for an old Tony Horton routine I used to do now & then and found it on Facebook. Just did it and I remain a fan. 
I started with abs, arms, and attitude last week. Intend to do it again Wednesday and will probably choose a different one next week. Thinking while the weather's still relatively nice I'll do this instead of strength training on the morning of days with more challenging runs scheduled. 

Most of me was prepared to do yoga at 6:30 this morning, but not the nail on my right big toe. Nope, not ready at all. Now I can't roll my toes under or touch the tops of them to the ground. I did some cat-cow with my right foot off the ground, but not sustainable. I was planning on skipping the downward dog already, and just doing more cat-cow. I just went straight to the warrior stuff. :mellow:  

On the plus side, it appears that our Three Good Weeks of Fall have begun, so I'll lengthen the walk at lunch a little. And tomorrow, I'll hop on the bed to do the cat-cows, with my feet hanging off the side. Sub-optimal, but it'll work.

Just completed Week 5, Day 1 of pushup challenge - 28, 35, 25, 22, 35.  I definitely know I'm getting a lot stronger because I can see it in the mirror.  However, I feel like the challenge is getting a lot harder now.  I don't know if my muscles are just drained.  But I'll continue forward for another 2 weeks and see where I'm at.

Will finish the night up on the bike watching football.  

Rowing friends -- Convinced my wife to get a WaterRower instead of a Peleton.  When you starting rowing did you work your way up to a certain pace/distance?  Or just row and figure it out as you go along?

Just completed Week 5, Day 1 of pushup challenge - 28, 35, 25, 22, 35.  I definitely know I'm getting a lot stronger because I can see it in the mirror.  However, I feel like the challenge is getting a lot harder now.  I don't know if my muscles are just drained.  But I'll continue forward for another 2 weeks and see where I'm at.

Will finish the night up on the bike watching football.  
Thanks for our the reminder - I was about to get on the treadmill quickly and remembered today was my pushup day.  I decided to stick with the hard column on day 3 to compare with last time, and if i struggled, I could redo it or drop down a level next time. 

36 definitely challenging but doable. I'm not even timing my rest here.

40 this was tough. Around 36 I slowed way down but didn't stop. Lots of rest again. 

30 done no problem. Back is getting a little soggy though. 

24 finished quickly because in my head I needed to hurry up and finish before I get tired. Also, am dumb. Would like to take 45 minutes rest here, but will probably stick to 4 or 5. 

40 holy #### I did it. I took a lot of rest, and the last two my back started to dip, but the first 38 were good looking pushups and the last two weren't that bad. 

This is my third time trying this set and the first two I didn't finish, so I'm pretty fn excited right now.  Will be interesting to see if my results continue into the remaining 5 days, which are all those 8 set, finish with 50 type days. 

Thanks for our the reminder - I was about to get on the treadmill quickly and remembered today was my pushup day.  I decided to stick with the hard column on day 3 to compare with last time, and if i struggled, I could redo it or drop down a level next time. 

36 definitely challenging but doable. I'm not even timing my rest here.

40 this was tough. Around 36 I slowed way down but didn't stop. Lots of rest again. 

30 done no problem. Back is getting a little soggy though. 

24 finished quickly because in my head I needed to hurry up and finish before I get tired. Also, am dumb. Would like to take 45 minutes rest here, but will probably stick to 4 or 5. 

40 holy #### I did it. I took a lot of rest, and the last two my back started to dip, but the first 38 were good looking pushups and the last two weren't that bad. 

This is my third time trying this set and the first two I didn't finish, so I'm pretty fn excited right now.  Will be interesting to see if my results continue into the remaining 5 days, which are all those 8 set, finish with 50 type days. 
That's pretty awesome.  At this point, getting to 40 consecutive (even if it were on set 1) would be a big challenge for me.  Meanwhile I was able to knock out 40 good form pushups easily during my initial test.  

SouthJersey said:
Rowing friends -- Convinced my wife to get a WaterRower instead of a Peleton.  When you starting rowing did you work your way up to a certain pace/distance?  Or just row and figure it out as you go along?
I highly recommend the Asensei app.  I think the first 6 week program is a free trial.  He’ll teach you proper form and slowly increase you through the distances and races.  

I started by initially rowing 2ks (~10mins), and then 5k (~25mins), and then 10k (~45mins), and then started to row a solid hour on the regular.  Which was awesome and I felt great.  I haven’t been making time for that hour in the morning lately, but plan to start doing that again.  You burn a thousand calories in a full body workout.  Tough to beat that.  And if you do it at a reasonable base, it’s also not incredibly difficult.  I eventually rowed a half marathon early this year, which was just cool.  I don’t even remember how long that took me, it’s in this thread somewhere.  But make sure your form is good and then just start increasing distances.

bostonfred said:
And with that I'm skipping the run. 16 calories under goal, no alcohol, and no need to get my heart rate up any more before bed.  

37 days down, 28 to go. 
Well done.

Yesterday was “new Day 1” and it was a success.  Did my push-ups in week 4 (still can’t complete that 5th set they demand, but powering through and improving).  And most importantly I ate low carb — super healthy, low calorie, and really didn’t miss much of anything.  Also had a couple drinks (a wine and a scotch) and a cigar, nothing with carbs and didn’t get sloshed (went to bed stone sober).  I haven’t rowed in a few days, and this morning was another hectic one, so we’ll need to figure out how to reintroduce that back into the diet.  But honestly for now, if I just eat really well and don’t have the “cardio appetite” to grapple with for a bit, maybe not the end of the world, as long as I’m getting in push-ups at a minimum.  No doubt I’ll lose weight this way.  But would like to reintroduce rowing this week anyway.  

Well done.

Yesterday was “new Day 1” and it was a success.  Did my push-ups in week 4 (still can’t complete that 5th set they demand, but powering through and improving).  And most importantly I ate low carb — super healthy, low calorie, and really didn’t miss much of anything.  Also had a couple drinks (a wine and a scotch) and a cigar, nothing with carbs and didn’t get sloshed (went to bed stone sober).  I haven’t rowed in a few days, and this morning was another hectic one, so we’ll need to figure out how to reintroduce that back into the diet.  But honestly for now, if I just eat really well and don’t have the “cardio appetite” to grapple with for a bit, maybe not the end of the world, as long as I’m getting in push-ups at a minimum.  No doubt I’ll lose weight this way.  But would like to reintroduce rowing this week anyway.  
Good work and I would probably do the same (focus on the diet first then bring the exercise back) if it were me. 

For the pushups, I would much rather repeat a week than skip the 5th set. That 5th set is the most important one by far. That's where the strength gains are supposed to happen - the first set gets you tired, the second set is close to max reps, then you do two smaller sets to tire you out again and then that last set is supposed to be really hard. Increase your rest between sets, take two days off between push up days, repeat an earlier week... all of those will serve you better than skipping the last set imo. But remember...

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any diet or exercise program.

I am back!

On 9/18 I did not log my food in MFP for the first time in 135 days.  

Last week the wife and I were on vacation and while we ate fairly well, I didn't track a damn thing.  No fast food for the entire week and we mostly cooked in our cabin.  Only two takeout meals in the 10ish days.  However, we drank like fish.  Every night.

As a result as of today I'm up 2 lbs from my lowest weight before vacation.  Given that last night I had some salty foods and booze (Chiefs game), I'm not upset at all.  

Getting back on track today.  Also going to take a month off of drinking.  Wife and I are still debating on whether to start today w/ no booze or wait until tomorrow because there's a debate tonight that may require booze.  

Keep up the good work all!

Anyone have a good challenge for October?  

Users who are viewing this thread