What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Odor Clocks Bautista: VIDEO (1 Viewer)

Thought about posting it here too. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person. Sike, looking at you Big Slop. 

Very enjoyable video. 

That was the best MLB punch I have ever seen.  It did not take much effort from Beltre to hold him as JB wanted no part of the action after he got molly whopped.

One thing MLB needs to do is fine and suspend any player that leaves the dugout or bullpen during a fight like the NHL does..let the 2 guys who have a beef settle it.

That was the best MLB punch I have ever seen.  It did not take much effort from Beltre to hold him as JB wanted no part of the action after he got molly whopped.

One thing MLB needs to do is fine and suspend any player that leaves the dugout or bullpen during a fight like the NHL does..let the 2 guys who have a beef settle it.
We'd have to sit a lot of slapfests.  

Odor pretty much gave Bautista his best shot and couldn't put him down. Seems to me he's the one who should be concerned.  :shrug:

Joey Bats is getting a bit frustrated.  He is batting .220 for a sub .500 team and wants $150 million to play out his 36-40 years in Toronto.  Punk bat flips and getting jacked up by a second baseman aren't going to get you the big bucks.  Maybe he can still get a qualifying offer. 

Odor pretty much gave Bautista his best shot and couldn't put him down. Seems to me he's the one who should be concerned.  :shrug:
Might not have put him down but it was a standing 8. Bats wanted no part of the action after that.

Lol at Odor. Gave him all he had with a semi-cheap shot and the guy is still standing. So he follows up in true baseball fashion with the left hand purse slap. What a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do people dislike Bautista because of the playoffs bat flip? Don't know if he has a history or something but that homer against the Rangers last year was kind of a big deal and if you are tossing a bat that seemed ok to do it there.

Rangers hitting him on the last at bat that he'll have in the regular season against them is more a ##### move IMO if we are keeping score.

How can anyone say what Odor did was a cheap shot. Punk Batista went in with dirty slide to try and hurt him. If he was so mad why didn't he charge the mound?? Because he is a punk p@@@@. Batista was seeing stars and wasn't even going to try and fight after getting clocked.

Joey Bats is getting a bit frustrated.  He is batting .220 for a sub .500 team and wants $150 million to play out his 36-40 years in Toronto.  Punk bat flips and getting jacked up by a second baseman aren't going to get you the big bucks.  Maybe he can still get a qualifying offer. 
this is a bit overstated.  he's still putting up a respectable wRC+ of 123 so still very much a plus player.  i know they don't put much stock in these fancy stats down in mizzorah but using batting average is kind of a joke.  

he's certainly no alcides escobar tho

Lol at Odor. Gave him all he had with a semi-cheap shot and the guy is still standing. So he follows up in true baseball fashion with the left hand purse smack. What a joke.
Cheap shot? They were standing face to face. Does he have to tell him a punch is coming first? 

this is a bit overstated.  he's still putting up a respectable wRC+ of 123 so still very much a plus player.  i know they don't put much stock in these fancy stats down in mizzorah but using batting average is kind of a joke.  

he's certainly no alcides escobar tho
You're right he's not... Alcides Escobar is a world champ

How can anyone say what Odor did was a cheap shot. Punk Batista went in with dirty slide to try and hurt him. If he was so mad why didn't he charge the mound?? Because he is a punk p@@@@. Batista was seeing stars and wasn't even going to try and fight after getting clocked.
I wouldnt call it a cheap shot but it was a one run game and Bautista was breaking up a double play.

Rangers were still butt hurt over the bat flip and waited til the last pitch they will have against him to do something.

Hell Odor tired to hit him in the face with the ball on the throw to first.

Do people dislike Bautista because of the playoffs bat flip? Don't know if he has a history or something but that homer against the Rangers last year was kind of a big deal and if you are tossing a bat that seemed ok to do it there.

Rangers hitting him on the last at bat that he'll have in the regular season against them is more a ##### move IMO if we are keeping score.
Yep. And Desmond flipped his bat on a meaningless May home run AN INNING EARLIER in yesterday's game but Bautista can't celebrate the biggest hit of his career.

He could have gone in Chase Utley style to make it really dirty but didn't.

DB level:

Batflip guy<<<< Relief pitcher who celebrates a strike out (Pedro Strop)

Beltre definitely is a good dude. He immediately wrapped up Jose who probably had no idea where he was and was going to get pummeled.

I wouldnt call it a cheap shot but it was a one run game and Bautista was breaking up a double play.

Rangers were still butt hurt over the bat flip and waited til the last pitch they will have against him to do something.

Hell Odor tired to hit him in the face with the ball on the throw to first.
Late slide so that would have been Bautista's fault. I was always taught to make the throw as if no one is there. It's their job to slide. If they want to intentionally stay upright to bait a bad throw then any consequences is their doing.

The Odor guy isn't much better: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/10/3/9446765/rangers-angels-odor-slide-disgusting

That being said that is one of the better punches you'll ever seen thrown in baseball, football, or basketball fight. Usually those guys look ridiculous. Solid connection, good follow through, glasses come flying off. 
Odor got his panties in a bunch 2 weeks ago on a tag from Donaldson as well (It's down near the bottom of this article).

We will believe that this fight was about something bigger, that it's about what happened last October between these two teams, that it's about what happens when we demand our athletes play at a level of intensity that clouds their ability to harness their emotions, or it's about making baseball fun again, or it's about cultural divides between domestic and international styles of play, or it's about any of 50 other Big Picture takes one might generate, but thanks to Josh Donaldson's benign tag a few days ago, we can ignore all those hot takes and remember that it's about Rougned Odor really loving to fight. That's all. You can judge or not judge, celebrate it or plead for somebody to think about the children, but at the end of the day, Rougie Odor needs somebody to slug.

Late slide so that would have been Bautista's fault. I was always taught to make the throw as if no one is there. It's their job to slide. If they want to intentionally stay upright to bait a bad throw then any consequences is their doing.
:lol: He wasn't even trying to throw to 1st.

This video has that rare combo of wrong and right.

Odor was so wrong with how he reacted there, but so right on his target. If he hits anybody but Bautista, Odor gets 98% of the outrage. But, since Bautista is on the other end, it's more like: "Meh. Couldn't have hit a better guy."

:lol:

This video has that rare combo of wrong and right.

Odor was so wrong with how he reacted there, but so right on his target. If he hits anybody but Bautista, Odor gets 98% of the outrage. But, since Bautista is on the other end, it's more like: "Meh. Couldn't have hit a better guy."

:lol:
This is what I'm unsure about. I'm a pretty big baseball fan and didn't realize Bautista was a hated guy.

Isn't what he did illegal these days? I dont believe they let you slide that late anymore. 

I think what most people are missing here is the way Odor's necklace made a nice 360 as he threw the punch. You just dont see that kind of action these days. 

Isn't what he did illegal these days? I dont believe they let you slide that late anymore. 

I think what most people are missing here is the way Odor's necklace made a nice 360 as he threw the punch. You just dont see that kind of action these days. 
It is. Not the most egregious but it was late for sure.

Odor's punch was top baseball punch in recent memory. Not quite up there with Nolan Ryan putting Ventura in a headlock but up high on the list.

Only thing that would have made it better is if he didn't do that follow up glove slap thing.

This is what I'm unsure about. I'm a pretty big baseball fan and didn't realize Bautista was a hated guy.
I think it's due to Bautista's fake tough guy image that he tries to portray. 

So he stands up to Odor, gets in his face, and so then he takes a punch.  So eat it tough guy. 

Even Barry Melrose said he was disappointed in Bautista. He said "If you're gonna fight... fight. If you're gonna hug... hug."

Bats had a illegal slide that was way too late..then got up in Odors face like "What are you going to do about it?"...then BAM!  He got rocked...

Not a fan of either team but Bats had it coming. 

Nice slo-motion here     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCxdKy_17mo

I think Bautista was expecting the usual baseball fight then Odor went Macho Camacho on his ###. Great connection On target, not side of helmet or ear, hit through the target with some hip turn. Impressive.

I get why people dislike Bautista, he's really good and cocky and likes to talk.  I get why people like seeing Odor punching him, because he does talk a lot and people like to see fights and Odor comes off as mr manly man to some. I don't get why anyone would expect Bautista to see the punch coming. There are dozens of incidents like this a season and you never see real punches like that, so it was to some extent a sucker punch, even if Bautista is largely to blame for it. 

Also #### Matt Bush.

Users who are viewing this thread