What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will FBG be running a DFS section of the site again this year? (1 Viewer)

Joe T

Footballguy
Will FBGs be running a full slate of DFS material again this year?   Just want to make sure there is no drop off in the coverage this year before I purchase my early FBG insider pro subscription.

Any upgrades to the material coming out this year or pretty much the same as last year?

I'm curious as well. David mentioned mid-season last year that he hoped to re-evaluate his process for narrowing the player pool that was detailed in the e-books.  I'd also like to hear more from the FBG staff regarding game theory. It became clear to me that I was a much better cash player.  Whenever I tried to avoid chalk it was usually a -EV decision. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We're definitely still doing DFS. 

Mbrennan, what kind of game theory questions do you have? I'd be happy to add my 2 cents on the topic if you have some specifics.

Well looking back on last season my ROI for 50/50 and double ups 's blew away everything else. I was just breaking the cash line often enough that H2H wasn't as profitable. I realize I was really focused on identifying chalk and playing as much as I could. That being said, the only GPP's I ever cashed in were small slate. 

In reading pieces like Matthew Freedman's: http://www.fantasylabs.com/articles/toward-a-theory-of-dfs-arbitrage/ it got me to thinking more about projecting ownership and what I should do with that information. Once I have a good idea who the chalk is I shouldn't have such a hard time pivoting to a GPP lineup, but I do. 

mbrennan5 said:
Well looking back on last season my ROI for 50/50 and double ups 's blew away everything else. I was just breaking the cash line often enough that H2H wasn't as profitable. I realize I was really focused on identifying chalk and playing as much as I could. That being said, the only GPP's I ever cashed in were small slate. 

In reading pieces like Matthew Freedman's: http://www.fantasylabs.com/articles/toward-a-theory-of-dfs-arbitrage/ it got me to thinking more about projecting ownership and what I should do with that information. Once I have a good idea who the chalk is I shouldn't have such a hard time pivoting to a GPP lineup, but I do. 
Interesting article. 

On your earlier point on ROI on 50/50's and double ups, I don't follow how you can make any real money on 50/50 and double ups.  I don't think I can enter enough to make money or at least money that is interesting.

For example, if I entered 100 contests of $5 50/50's.  And I won 70% of those (which would be pretty difficult in my book), the total net win is only $165.  So I have to risk $500 to win $165.  And how easy is it to find and enter 100 contests of $5 50/50's?  I don't know.

I guess I tried to make money this way and found it extremely tedious and difficult.  I'd love to hear more on how you guys do it.

Thx.

We're definitely still doing DFS. 

Mbrennan, what kind of game theory questions do you have? I'd be happy to add my 2 cents on the topic if you have some specifics.
Dan - Will we have the Daily Crusher app available again this year? If so, are there any planned updates? 

Dan - Will we have the Daily Crusher app available again this year? If so, are there any planned updates? 
No daily crusher app this year. It wasn't included in the sub last year; it didn't really grab the market. I think it was right between DFS sharks and DFS newbies. We were missing key features so taking the year out to work out what we need to offer here.

Can we possibly get an article detailing what states DFS is legal in and include all the latest legislation?

Plenty of DFS content to be had this year...we're currently in the last stages of nailing down exactly what will be offered, but you will *not* be disappointed.

John Lee said:
Plenty of DFS content to be had this year...we're currently in the last stages of nailing down exactly what will be offered, but you will *not* be disappointed.
hi john.  long time listener, long time caller here.  can you provide any insight as to whether the request in this thread is doable? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad to hear about the non return of the crusher app, look forward to see what FBG has for us this year.

Interesting article. 

On your earlier point on ROI on 50/50's and double ups, I don't follow how you can make any real money on 50/50 and double ups.  I don't think I can enter enough to make money or at least money that is interesting.

For example, if I entered 100 contests of $5 50/50's.  And I won 70% of those (which would be pretty difficult in my book), the total net win is only $165.  So I have to risk $500 to win $165.  And how easy is it to find and enter 100 contests of $5 50/50's?  I don't know.

I guess I tried to make money this way and found it extremely tedious and difficult.  I'd love to hear more on how you guys do it.

Thx.
I would think you could play higher dollar games.  No need to limit yourself to $5. . .

No daily crusher app this year. It wasn't included in the sub last year; it didn't really grab the market. I think it was right between DFS sharks and DFS newbies. We were missing key features so taking the year out to work out what we need to offer here.
This is devastating news. Does anyone know of any apps that could compare to the Daily Crusher? 

Lots of sites out there that have lineup optimizers that range from about 30 a month to 80 a month. Daily Fantasy Nerd, Fantasy Cruncher, Fantasy Labs to name a few. 

Users who are viewing this thread