What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alone ( A real survival type show) (1 Viewer)

Killed a moose. Had some of the meat stolen by a wolverine. Killed the wolverine. 

Best contestant in the history of the show. 

And with the bow & arrow. Prior to this season, the success rate of bow hunting was like 10%. It took like three years just to see one kill. Biggest game to date was like a pheasant. Jordan is crushing it. 

Then Nikki getting her bare hand bit when she put it right in front of a desperate wounded animal... The stupidest thing we've seen on the show. Ever. 
Moose not good enough, guess I need to fish....next clip he has made a rod, reel, and lure.  

Guy probably taps from boredom and asks them to move him somewhere challenging.

Wonder what other contestants are going to say as they watch Moose Man complain that eating a 100 lbs of meat is killing him :lol:

What is this Day 48? I think several people who out quickly in the next 7 to 10 days real time. They could spread it out over several shows. I'll be surprised if more than 2 make it past day 60.

What is this Day 48? I think several people who out quickly in the next 7 to 10 days real time. They could spread it out over several shows. I'll be surprised if more than 2 make it past day 60.
Noticed when they showed the sun it was moving more right to left than horizon to overhead.  People still sitting in shelters with two inch gaps in the wall.

Days without food in traps far away.. Setup traps near camp.. 3 squirrels in one night.. This After eating rabbit intestine :yucky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's pretty amazing.  Not sure anyone is going to beat Fowler's 87 days, but these conditions are by far the harshest yet.

The last 4 were all pretty tough contestants.
Yeah. Barry lost a crazy amount of weight and was starting to lose his mind but didn't want to be pulled. Incredible. 

Seven people out so far, five of whom were medical evacuations.  These people are bad-###, but they might be challenging them too much when they all become med-evacs.

Jordan is easily the most skilled. That said, I'm surprised people are impressed with the gill net. I believe we have seen this done before. 

Barring injury or med evac, I also thinks he wins. 

Great season.  Glad Jordan won, although all the ones at the end were deserving.  I really wonder how long he could have lasted.

Damn that was a big fish and at that point he had already won and just didn't know it.

the first thing i would do is build a yach then sail it around and blow the air horn and make the other contestants realize they have no chance as they watch me sipping martinis and grilling a steak that my friends is how you win on lost take that to the bank bromigos 

I'd like to see a follow up of these folks to see if the starvation they put themselves through has had any longer lasting consequences. 

I'd like to see a follow up of these folks to see if the starvation they put themselves through has had any longer lasting consequences. 
The last time they did something like this Dave from the South America show admitted he still has issues from his starving. He was the one that got pulled while still having tons of fish he hadn't eaten. 

Great season.  Glad Jordan won, although all the ones at the end were deserving.  I really wonder how long he could have lasted.

Damn that was a big fish and at that point he had already won and just didn't know it.
Not only was he the most deserving contestant I've seen on here, but to me also the most likable (though I find most of the people on the show likable).  I love how he's such a badass but sounded like a completely laid-back stoner.  His wife was super-adorable, too.  So happy with this outcome!  I'd have been happy to watch just him for another 60 days or however long he would last.

Not only was he the most deserving contestant I've seen on here, but to me also the most likable (though I find most of the people on the show likable).  I love how he's such a badass but sounded like a completely laid-back stoner.  His wife was super-adorable, too.  So happy with this outcome!  I'd have been happy to watch just him for another 60 days or however long he would last.
This is the first season that I liked most if not all the contestants. I would have been happy with the either of the final two winning. I think Jordan is likely the most skilled person they've ever had on the show. He was simply amazing at every turn. He certainly turned the BS emitter to stun during the final "med check". Was cracking me up with everything he was trying to sell. Very enjoyable season. 

Just watched the finale.  Fitting...everyone else is starving and Jordan catches a 30 lb Pike.  The predators (that didn't get axed) are probably sad to see him go.  

So any guesses on when the next season is and where?

Just watched the finale.  Fitting...everyone else is starving and Jordan catches a 30 lb Pike.  The predators (that didn't get axed) are probably sad to see him go.  

So any guesses on when the next season is and where?
Checked the site and don't see anything other then "send an email to ... to "be Alone"...

I'd like to see them change it up a little.. Maybe drop them off somewhere where there is no chance to "survive" longer than a week or two. Give each of them a map to their own new  location where they can build a camp that has plenty around for them to survive..  :popcorn:  

For those who enjoy this show, Zach Fowler, the winner of Season 3 of Alone has a youtube channel and has teamed up with Greg Ovens (Season 3 contestant) to do a 30 day survival challenge in the Canadian Rockies. 

Day one of Fowler's Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4QVVsdu5c&list=PLjSScLBAtGMgXbxPJ_cm95Md6Cl8vCTPR&index=2&t=1s

Greg's Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOIoLsH0RtI

Fowler has a video for every day, and is up to day 18 out of 30.

Greg has videos which encompass multiple days (They are all edited by Fowler), and is up to day 18 as well.

These are really well done and I thought pretty interesting.

Looking at the bios, one dude is bringing a scotch eyed auger as one of his 10 tools. Is he going to drill into limbs for more secure joints in his shelter?

Looking at the bios, one dude is bringing a scotch eyed auger as one of his 10 tools. Is he going to drill into limbs for more secure joints in his shelter?
That dude has a You Tube series called 'Shawn with the Wild'.  May have to give it a look today.  

(Also, he's 43 and has grandchildren.  I'm also 43, that just seems so odd to me.)

We are wrapping up season 6, a rewatch for me and my sons first time. I had forgotten what crazy loon Michelle was. She talks like a drunken sailor and then when she used the bunny as a puppet - wow!

Nikki has the worst luck: cuts herself, nearly burns her shelter down, bit by a squirrel. She’s a little cracra also. She made a stuffed rabbit and is using it as a teddy bear. She is tough though! 

Not sure if anyone can top the contestants on season six. Some good ones! 

For people who watched last season the winner was on the Joe Rogan podcast last week. Only about 45 minutes in and Rogan is doing his typical rambling but the winner is a very interesting dude.

A great listen so far.

Did not know it was on Netflix this season. Looks like I'm going to start binging tonight. Looks like some pretty interesting players this season. Just thought I'd let everyone know it's on now. Ok binge time.

Did not know it was on Netflix this season. Looks like I'm going to start binging tonight. Looks like some pretty interesting players this season. Just thought I'd let everyone know it's on now. Ok binge time.
Thank you!  Had totally forgotten.  I know what I get to do this weekend.  :)

I'm hopeing one of the women can win it this time. Oops somehow I missed a whole season so now I have season 6 and 7 to watch awesome. 

Still hope a woman wins with body weight they are at such a disadvantage. I always pull for the underdog.

I'm hopeing one of the women can win it this time. Oops somehow I missed a whole season so now I have season 6 and 7 to watch awesome. 

Still hope a woman wins with body weight they are at such a disadvantage. I always pull for the underdog.
Oooo, you haven't seen Season 6?  You're in for a treat!  :popcorn:

Hmmmm, I don't see it either.

ETA:  No, it's on History Channel starting Thursday this week.
Just checked and the latest season popped up in my DVR to record this week. Heard it was going to be a cast of really strong contestants. Looking forward to it!

Am seeing only last season on Netflix (but they labeled it Season 1). The actual Season 1 is the only one I haven’t seen so hopefully they get more on there.

I finished up that podcast with last season’s winner I mentioned above. 

Spoilers following.....

He didn’t really come out and say it as he was being pretty humble but he was going to be able to last forever on that moose. They really had to get creative on the editing to make the season seem like there was any doubt. He had so much moose left he hadn’t even gotten to. He was also catching fish every time he put effort into it. Total domination. 

Users who are viewing this thread