Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rustycolts

Alone ( A real survival type show)

On 8/2/2019 at 10:22 AM, Frostillicus said:

Who knew Moose was too lean to live on?

Waiting for the @Otis moose and potato hack.

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1

What is this Day 48? I think several people who out quickly in the next 7 to 10 days real time. They could spread it out over several shows. I'll be surprised if more than 2 make it past day 60.

3 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Waiting for the @Otis moose and potato hack.

Haha seriously. This could be the next fad diet. Lose a pound a day eating 6000 calories of moose meat. 

4 hours ago, JaxBill said:

What is this Day 48? I think several people who out quickly in the next 7 to 10 days real time. They could spread it out over several shows. I'll be surprised if more than 2 make it past day 60.

Noticed when they showed the sun it was moving more right to left than horizon to overhead.  People still sitting in shelters with two inch gaps in the wall.

Days without food in traps far away.. Setup traps near camp.. 3 squirrels in one night.. This After eating rabbit intestine :yucky:

Edited by snogger

3 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

I am stunned the guy who didn't bring a ferro rod is going to make it 70+ days and to the final episode. 

Yeah, that's pretty amazing.  Not sure anyone is going to beat Fowler's 87 days, but these conditions are by far the harshest yet.

The last 4 were all pretty tough contestants.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 11:45 PM, rick6668 said:

Yeah, that's pretty amazing.  Not sure anyone is going to beat Fowler's 87 days, but these conditions are by far the harshest yet.

The last 4 were all pretty tough contestants.

Yeah. Barry lost a crazy amount of weight and was starting to lose his mind but didn't want to be pulled. Incredible. 

These last few contestants are so bad ###. Unbelievable stamina, perseverance and ingenuity to last through these elements this long.

• Like 1

Seven people out so far, five of whom were medical evacuations.  These people are bad-###, but they might be challenging them too much when they all become med-evacs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, krista4 said:

Seven people out so far, five of whom were medical evacuations.  These people are bad-###, but they might be challenging them too much when they all become med-evacs.

I prefer that to who is the last to get bored

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bushdocda said:

Jordan holding his frozen face up to the frozen fish face :lmao:

That dude is wicked ### smart. Love how he decides he needs fish and weaves a gill net. The snow over the holes in the ice was a nice touch. 

• Like 3

I will be truly shocked if Jordan doesn't win this.  Killed a moose.  Killed a wolverine.  Made a gill net from para cord and caught trout in a frozen lake.  Dude is crushing it.  

He may be my favorite all time  contestant, edging out Allen in season 1.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Jordan is easily the most skilled. That said, I'm surprised people are impressed with the gill net. I believe we have seen this done before. 

Barring injury or med evac, I also thinks he wins. 

1 minute ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Jordan is easily the most skilled. That said, I'm surprised people are impressed with the gill net. I believe we have seen this done before. 

Barring injury or med evac, I also thinks he wins. 

Or burning his shelter down with a hot rock

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Ironic Nathan goes without the ferro rod, then loses everything in a fire.

Damn Jordan, everyone's starving, and of course on his last day, he pulls out a fish bigger than his damn leg. 

His wife's reaction of "you killed a moose?!" was amazing. "Oh yeah, and a wolverine. With a hatchet." :lmao: 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2

Great season.  Glad Jordan won, although all the ones at the end were deserving.  I really wonder how long he could have lasted.

Damn that was a big fish and at that point he had already won and just didn't know it.

the first thing i would do is build a yach then sail it around and blow the air horn and make the other contestants realize they have no chance as they watch me sipping martinis and grilling a steak that my friends is how you win on lost take that to the bank bromigos 

• Thinking 1

I think Jordan could live forever in the Arctic.  Dude is a beast probably the best ever.

I'd like to see a follow up of these folks to see if the starvation they put themselves through has had any longer lasting consequences. 

3 hours ago, JaxBill said:

I'd like to see a follow up of these folks to see if the starvation they put themselves through has had any longer lasting consequences. 

Don't they do a reunion show?

53 minutes ago, identikit said:

Don't they do a reunion show?

They used to.  They were really good.  I don't remember one for last season and I don't see anything scheduled.

5 hours ago, JaxBill said:

The last time they did something like this Dave from the South America show admitted he still has issues from his starving. He was the one that got pulled while still having tons of fish he hadn't eaten. 

11 hours ago, rick6668 said:

Great season.  Glad Jordan won, although all the ones at the end were deserving.  I really wonder how long he could have lasted.

Damn that was a big fish and at that point he had already won and just didn't know it.

Not only was he the most deserving contestant I've seen on here, but to me also the most likable (though I find most of the people on the show likable).  I love how he's such a badass but sounded like a completely laid-back stoner.  His wife was super-adorable, too.  So happy with this outcome!  I'd have been happy to watch just him for another 60 days or however long he would last.

2 hours ago, krista4 said:

Not only was he the most deserving contestant I've seen on here, but to me also the most likable (though I find most of the people on the show likable).  I love how he's such a badass but sounded like a completely laid-back stoner.  His wife was super-adorable, too.  So happy with this outcome!  I'd have been happy to watch just him for another 60 days or however long he would last.

This is the first season that I liked most if not all the contestants. I would have been happy with the either of the final two winning. I think Jordan is likely the most skilled person they've ever had on the show. He was simply amazing at every turn. He certainly turned the BS emitter to stun during the final "med check". Was cracking me up with everything he was trying to sell. Very enjoyable season. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, IrishTwinkie said:

He certainly turned the BS emitter to stun during the final "med check". Was cracking me up with everything he was trying to sell. 

:lol:  So true!  

On 7/22/2019 at 11:55 AM, Poke_4_Life said:

Didn't it seem like in year's past they showed every contestant each episode?  We didn't even see Moose-Guy (who sounds just like Bill Murray from CaddyShack most of the time) in the most recent episode.

:lmao:

• Like 1

Just watched the finale.  Fitting...everyone else is starving and Jordan catches a 30 lb Pike.  The predators (that didn't get axed) are probably sad to see him go.  

So any guesses on when the next season is and where?

8 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Just watched the finale.  Fitting...everyone else is starving and Jordan catches a 30 lb Pike.  The predators (that didn't get axed) are probably sad to see him go.  

So any guesses on when the next season is and where?

Checked the site and don't see anything other then "send an email to ... to "be Alone"...

I'd like to see them change it up a little.. Maybe drop them off somewhere where there is no chance to "survive" longer than a week or two. Give each of them a map to their own new  location where they can build a camp that has plenty around for them to survive.. :popcorn: 

For those who enjoy this show, Zach Fowler, the winner of Season 3 of Alone has a youtube channel and has teamed up with Greg Ovens (Season 3 contestant) to do a 30 day survival challenge in the Canadian Rockies. 

Day one of Fowler's Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4QVVsdu5c&list=PLjSScLBAtGMgXbxPJ_cm95Md6Cl8vCTPR&index=2&t=1s

Greg's Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOIoLsH0RtI

Fowler has a video for every day, and is up to day 18 out of 30.

Greg has videos which encompass multiple days (They are all edited by Fowler), and is up to day 18 as well.

These are really well done and I thought pretty interesting.

• Thanks 2