What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crash Course on YouTube (1 Viewer)

MikeIke

Footballguy
Is anyone,  or their kids,  watching Crash Course on YouTube? This is a great educational tool on a variety of subjects. There are entire series about astronomy (my personal favorite,)  world history, American history,  philosophy, economics, video games,  and more.  They're very educational and also entertaining. And typically only 10-12 minutes long. 

My oldest son has become addicted to the world history series,  which I think is great. I've watched the entire series for astronomy (hosted by Phil Plait [the Bad Astronomer]) and world history. The physics series is hosted by an incredibly hot Indian woman (Indian as in the subcontinent,  not Native American.) 

It's directed at an audience that doesn't have multiple PHD's,  so I'm sure the content will be below the intellectual ability of the average FBG. But maybe your wife or kids will learn something. 

Search YouTube for "crash course" and I bet you find something  interesting to watch. 

Full disclosure : I am in no way involved in Crash Course.  I've just found a lot of interesting things to watch and thought I'd share with the FFA. 

Type what you're looking for into the search box. From there it works just like your old VCR: play, FF, RW, pause, etc. Just be careful because some stuff on there is NSFW.

Here is the link to Crash Course for the lazy FBGs like me. 

Turns out the guys who started this are the vlogbrothers, John and Hank Green. John is an award winning and best selling author (The Fault in Our Stars). 

They operate one of the biggest You Tube "networks" with 35 channels, 8.7 million subscribers, and over 1.2 billion views (according to their about page). 

Here is their Patreon account for Crash Course. They are raking in $30k+/mo from this one channel alone :shock: , not counting money from Google for the views. 

I am not affiliated with these guys either, I am just fascinated by some of these people making $$$$$ from You Tube and producing quality content. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the link to Crash Course for the lazy FBGs like me. 

Turns out the guys who started this are the vlogbrothers, Jeff and Hank Green. Jeff is an award winning and best selling author (The Fault in Our Stars). 

They operate one of the biggest You Tube "networks" with 35 channels, 8.7 million subscribers, and over 1.2 billion views (according to their about page). 

Here is their Patreon account for Crash Course. They are raking in $30k+/mo from this one channel alone :shock: , not counting money from Google for the views. 

I am not affiliated with these guys either, I am just fascinated by some of these people making $$$$$ from You Tube and producing quality content. 
I contribute to this monthly. It's not much, but I'm a big fan of their work. I enjoy the videos a lot. Kind of feels like the old Bill Nye videos sometimes. They do a great job making things fun and easy to visualize.

It's John Green by the way, not Jeff. 

Watched some of their videos in biology a couple years ago - wasn't a huge fan, just don't think it's my preferred style for an educational video. Very fast-paced (hence the name 'crash course' I guess), and while I do appreciate the effort put into making the videos fun and entertaining, the ones I watched almost seemed a bit cheesy.

Khan academy videos seem a bit bland in comparison, but I've had really good luck with them. I zone out frequently in class (####### ADHD), so they've been my lifeline when it comes to learning the concepts I miss. Not as fast-paced or entertaining as the crash course videos, but very clear and thorough IMO. Different strokes.

Thanks for the link,  I guess I'm one of those lazy FBG's.
I wasn't giving you ####, I've just found that for some reason it is much easier to click a link than open a new window and search for something. Usually if there is not a link I won't bother looking it up, I am that lazy. Since this was related to You Tube and the content was recommended I figured I'd invest the effort, glad I did. 

Thanks for starting this thread. 

:hifive:

Khan academy videos seem a bit bland in comparison, but I've had really good luck with them. I zone out frequently in class (####### ADHD), so they've been my lifeline when it comes to learning the concepts I miss. Not as fast-paced or entertaining as the crash course videos, but very clear and thorough IMO. Different strokes.
Khan Academy playlists

Another solid resource. 

It is pretty cool how much educational and quality content is available on You Tube. Up until a few months ago I thought it was just a website for music videos and girls hula hooping. 

Users who are viewing this thread