What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gorilla Rescues Toddler at Zoo, Gorilla Euthanized (1 Viewer)

What did the gorilla sue the toddler for the first time?  Death may be a good way to avoid frivolous lawsuits.

There was a similar story a few weeks ago with a guy who jumped into a lion cage in a suicide attempt, they rescued the person and killed the lion.  Idiotic 

No-win situation, but holy misleading headlines batman.  You made it sound like he carried the kid out of the pen and then was later executed for it.  The gorilla was violently dragging and throwing the child and was shot while still in possession of it as part of the rescue.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, the parents should be euthanized. Secondly, your title is very misleading. The gorilla was harming the child from what the story says. 

Read a second account of the event, where apparently the gorilla had not relinquished the toddler and was hovering over him, and a tranquilizer was no sure thing - so they shot him.

Still sucks.

Better the gorilla than the boy, no matter where the responsibility lies.  The gorilla was apparently playing basketball with the boy.

I didn't see the gorilla doing anything  violent to the baby.  It looked more like curiously picking it up.  However, most of the interaction was not on camera.  They did say the kid went to the hospital with minor injuries, but is out already.  Odds are the Gorilla wasn't doing much harm.

Wasn't there a YouTube around a while back where a mother gorilla actually protected a baby in a similar situation?

Unfortunate situation.  This is something you expect to happen in some crappy Eastern European zoo, not in America.  They shouldn't just shut down the Gorilla area, they need to shut down the entire zoo.  Maybe the same idiots who designed the Gorilla exhibit were the ones screwing in the rail on the tiger exhibit.

I didn't see the gorilla doing anything  violent to the baby.  It looked more like curiously picking it up.  However, most of the interaction was not on camera.  They did say the kid went to the hospital with minor injuries, but is out already.  Odds are the Gorilla wasn't doing much harm.
You can see some of the scarier parts here where it drags the kid through the water. 

https://youtu.be/x7xOTVGyHPQ

Protecting the kid from all the crazy people screaming at him.
Seriously.

It definitely still didn't seem to be acting violently, relatively speaking. But it doesn't really matter it was just rough handling and/or play. Good thing the kid was pretty elastic. 

And what's the deal with the mom? Was she drugged or something? I could see if she were being advised to keep her son calm,  but how do you not freak out when the gorilla drags him off (the 2nd time) far from you? 

Just really bad all the way around.  I don't see the zoo having any choice at that point - how fast would a tranquilizer work?  I wouldn't think fast enough and the chase of the gorilla flipping out would just be too much risk to the kid.   

first lets close up and get rid of ALL zoos and circuses as  they serve no purpose 

and 

second get rid of ####ty parents 

Quez said:
I wonder if there are any videos with a gunshot, or the kill?  That would be a difficult shot.  You have to drop the animal with like a 50cal head shot immediately, and hope the body doesn't smash the kid.
i heard they tried negotiating an exchange ...bananas for the kid ....that didnt work 

The fear using the tranquilizer is that it can agitate it more. He was hovering over the kid and could have taken his rage out on him. True no-win situation for the zoo. 

Watching this it did seem that the gorilla was protecting the child.  The Zoo had no choice though.. 

FreeBaGeL said:
No-win situation, but holy misleading headlines batman.  You made it sound like he carried the kid out of the pen and then was later executed for it.  The gorilla was violently dragging and throwing the child and was shot while still in possession of it as part of the rescue.
Despite the words of the article, this is OBVIOUSLY FALSE. The article also said the gorilla and child were together for 10 minutes. Later, it's said the child was checked out at the hospital and released the SAME DAY.

Now...it doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to put these facts together and come to the conclusion that the FOUR HUNDRED POUND GORILLA could NOT possibly have been "violently dragging and throwing the child", (who had just fallen 15 feet into a foot of water) for ten minutes. If he had, the child would be dead or in the ICU still

What's even more scary to me about this whole situation is that there are people who actually believe that the gorilla's life was more valuable than the boy's.  Euthanized the boy,  and spare the gorilla?  WTF?  ####ttt parenting?  Absolutely!!!  But the kids was just being a kid. 

And WTF was going on with the mother being so calm.  I'm the calm one between my wife and I, and I would've been going ####### nuts.

What's even more scary to me about this whole situation is that there are people who actually believe that the gorilla's life was more valuable than the boy's.  Euthanized the boy,  and spare the gorilla?  WTF?  ####ttt parenting?  Absolutely!!!  But the kids was just being a kid. 
I guess it's because a majestic, helpless animal was kidnapped and jailed for life so dip####s could stare at him and eat popcorn.  Then one day a family wearing burger king t-shirts showed up and took their eye off their 3 year old as he crawled into the gorilla exhibit. Because of that an awesome animal who did nothing wrong except being born on earth got shot between the eyes. That's why people are pissed. It's all good though as the kid is fine and will be able to drink Dr. Pepper for the next 40 years until his diabetes death reunites him with the innocent animal.

The fear using the tranquilizer is that it can agitate it more. He was hovering over the kid and could have taken his rage out on him. True no-win situation for the zoo. 
:goodposting:   People are losing their minds over this.  Comments sections of articles are truly where logic goes to die, but I don't think I've seen a bigger collection of insane people like this.  The whole situation sucked for all involved.  But sometimes, #### happens.

:goodposting:   People are losing their minds over this.  Comments sections of articles are truly where logic goes to die, but I don't think I've seen a bigger collection of insane people like this.  The whole situation sucked for all involved.  But sometimes, #### happens.
Yeah, pretty much this.

Despite the words of the article, this is OBVIOUSLY FALSE. The article also said the gorilla and child were together for 10 minutes. Later, it's said the child was checked out at the hospital and released the SAME DAY.

Now...it doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to put these facts together and come to the conclusion that the FOUR HUNDRED POUND GORILLA could NOT possibly have been "violently dragging and throwing the child", (who had just fallen 15 feet into a foot of water) for ten minutes. If he had, the child would be dead or in the ICU still
Didn't you see the gorilla drag the kid through the water?  That could have drowned the kid, or caused him to hit his head or something.  How did zoo officials know the kid didn't have broken ribs, or internal bleeding?  Kid checked out ok, but your talking about a split decision that had to be made by zoo officials.  Yes, the gorilla could have killed the kid at any second, and yes it may have been protecting the kid, but they didn't know that.  They made the correct decision to take down the Gorilla.

Didn't you see the gorilla drag the kid through the water?  That could have drowned the kid, or caused him to hit his head or something.  How did zoo officials know the kid didn't have broken ribs, or internal bleeding?  Kid checked out ok, but your talking about a split decision that had to be made by zoo officials.  Yes, the gorilla could have killed the kid at any second, and yes it may have been protecting the kid, but they didn't know that.  They made the correct decision to take down the Gorilla.
:yes:   Even if he was protecting him, he doesn't know his own strength, was sadly panicked, and most certainly could have killed the kid on accident even just dragging him around.  Zoo 100% did the right thing.

Its going to suck, however, if/when the parents sue because of the barrier though.

Everyone is blaming the mother, but the zoo is responsible for this.  I just can't comprehend how there is anyway a toddler can get into any exhibit.  It's not like an 8yo who can climb a tree.  The entire zoo should be closed, and every square inch examined.

Everyone is blaming the mother, but the zoo is responsible for this.  I just can't comprehend how there is anyway a toddler can get into any exhibit.  It's not like an 8yo who can climb a tree.  The entire zoo should be closed, and every square inch examined.
Yeah, unfortunately this is going to be the classic "ruined it for everyone" case.  That's a great zoo...been there many, many times because of good views and a great layout.  I expect that to change very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread