What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Too early to talk about 2016? (1 Viewer)

NixonMask

Footballguy
We're still months away from prices even being released, but Im curious what teams/situations people were looking to possibly exploit week one?    Where are the values?  Where are people probably going to be overvaluing players/ situations?  Heres the week 1 schedule

Carolina (-1/ 44) at Denver
Tampa Bay at Atlanta (-3/ 47.5)
Minnesota (-3/ 42.5) at Tennessee
Cleveland at Philadelphia (-7.5/ 45)
Cincinnati (-1/ 42.5) at NYJ 
Oakland at New Orleans (-1/ 50.5)
San Diego at Kansas City (-7/ 43)
Buffalo at Baltimore (-3/ 43)
Chicago at Houston (-5.5/ 44.5)
Green Bay (-4/ 47) at Jacksonville
Miami at Seattle (-8/ 44.5)
NYG at Dallas (-4/ 49)
Detroit at Indianapolis (-5.5/ 49)
New England at Arizona (-5.5/ 49.5)
Pittsburgh (-3/ 50.5) at Washington
Los Angeles (-2/ 46) at San Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:
The things that jumped out at me:

1.  The Lions/ Colts line is surprisingly juicy.  I like the game, but think the value is probably going to be on the Detroit side of the ball against a likely bad again Colts defense.
2. People alot smarter than me still like the situation in Cincinnati. I dont get it, this has tire-fire written all over it.  Hugh is gone, along with Sanu, Jones, and now Eifert is hurt too.  Alot more of Bad Andy than Good Andy seems inevitable.  Tyler Boyd just isnt doing it for me, especially week 1 in his first game, on the road, against good NFL corners.  And does anyone want to argue LeFell is an upgrade over either Jones or Sanu?  I actually really like the possibility of rostering NYJ defense, hopefully at a discount against an overrated offense.
3. Gurley against that defense coming out the gate, if only for Bloom to sing Hurley-Gurley man for 10 minutes straight, multiple TDs seem like a given.  Maybe Le'Veon is more expensive (and against a secondary that has Josh Norman in it now probably should be), but give me Gurley

The Titans have opened strong the last two years, quite uncharacteristically. 

They beat a very good Chiefs team with Locker at QB two years ago and IIRC Mariota was player of the week week one last year and they beat the Bucs 42-14 or somesuch. It's like they're a different team week one.

I'll probably be going Mariota and DGB.

Because we're guessing in June...Fitz' offseason and him finally getting paid not like a backup- let's suppose he has a nice week one.

Gurley. I don't expect the Rams to be favored much or have a nice matchup like this too often. Love the guy and only so many weeks I'd be comfy with him playing for the Rams.

A cleveland WR, probably the rook. 

Jones ATL because Antonio will be going against Norman and ya gotta have one of the two.

Oak Murray- I really like the Raiders this year

For D probably JJ Watt and co against the Bears.

I'm trying to guess prices, remember prices from last year. I think this would fit under the cap.

If I needed a cheaper D, I'd go Cleveland. Two FF storylines are the rookie RB surpassing Matthews and either backup supplanting Bradford. For that to happen each of them has to play poorly first. The Eagles (under Kelly but the Chiefs didn't use WRs well so I'm not optimistic this changes) pretended to only have one WR. The Browns have Haden. The Eagles line was very much not good last year. I like Horton a lot and think someday that DC will be considered special. It might be the only week I consider the Browns. In late August I may never do this, but since we're in June, to have a little fun I'm gonna predict a Browns upset week one.

Well now that Matt Harmon has given Tyler Lockett his "this year's Allen Robinson stamp of approval" I guess we can look forward to his matchup week 1 against the likely terrible Dolphins secondary.

Here is a play for week 1:  Use RB Ryan Matthews (home vs Cleveland) on Fan Duel.  They have priced him nearly 40% less than Draft Kings has. Incredible value on a player who could have a great game.

I'm kind of surprised to see Baltimore as a favorite. I think a lot of the Bills are under priced, its interesting on FD Forsett and McCoy are priced the same, but on DK Forsett is 1,800 cheaper. I'd take McCoy in this match up all day long. I think Taylor is also being under priced on both sites, especially compared to Flacco.

Users who are viewing this thread