ffrookie

2016 "How did I do" Thread

340 posts in this topic

Now that the 2016 FBG Players Championship drafts are started lets go ahead and start discussing teams, drafts and strategies. Good luck everyone!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in a draft tonight if it fills.My strategy is to try not to suck which I usually fail at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. So how did it go?

I'm holding off this year but may do a couple late. I actually ended up doing a lot better last year on one of the other contests so I'm wondering if the TE premium is somehow messing up my draft strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to do one early and one late.Don't know why I haven't done too well except for one year guess I'm addicted.Drafted from the 12 spot really wasn't thrilled with that and the results pretty much shows.At least rate my team feature thought the team sucked cause when ever it likes the team it's the kiss of death.

 

Luck,Bortles

McCoy,De Murray,Yeldon,D.Henry,Sproles,C.Johnson

A.Robinson,D.Thomas,D.Baldwin,Lockett,K.Wright,S.Diggs,

R.Rodgers,B.Watson

J.Brown,Nugent

KC,NE

TEs were gone before I knew it so I kind of just threw in the towel on them.Probably need to do that on the whole team.Oh well I will try one more late.Watch some of the posts here catch some pointers.

Edited by rustycolts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rustycolts said:

I am going to do one early and one late.Don't know why I haven't done too well except for one year guess I'm addicted.Drafted from the 12 spot really wasn't thrilled with that and the results pretty much shows.At least rate my team feature thought the team sucked cause when ever it likes the team it's the kiss of death.

 

Luck,Bortles

McCoy,De Murray,Yeldon,D.Henry,Sproles,C.Johnson

A.Robinson,D.Thomas,D.Baldwin,Lockett,K.Wright,S.Diggs,

R.Rodgers,B.Watson

J.Brown,Nugent

KC,NE

TEs were gone before I knew it so I kind of just threw in the towel on them.Probably need to do that on the whole team.Oh well I will try one more late.Watch some of the posts here catch some pointers.

It might be a challenge to get production from your TE's, but you look pretty solid at the rest of the positions and you may be able to improve at TE with the pre or early season waivers. Good luck.

I'm scheduled for a draft tonight at 7p, but there's still 6 spots open, so I'm not sure if it will go off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafted from 10th spot last night....fire away. Only regret I have is not getting Charcandrick West to back up Charles

QB: Brady (10); Cutler (15); Flacco (17)

RB: AP (1); Charles (2); Dion Lewis (4); Jon Stewart (8)

WR: Edelman (3); Larry Fitz (5); Kevin White (6); Funchess (11); Josh Gordon (12); Mike Wallace (14); Victor Cruz (16)

TE: Witten (7); Zach Miller/Bears (9)

K: Dan Bailey (18)

D: Den (13); Eagles (19); SF (20) - plan to start SF at home on opening week against the Rams and their rookie QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sweetness_34 said:

Drafted from 10th spot last night....fire away. Only regret I have is not getting Charcandrick West to back up Charles

QB: Brady (10); Cutler (15); Flacco (17)

RB: AP (1); Charles (2); Dion Lewis (4); Jon Stewart (8)

WR: Edelman (3); Larry Fitz (5); Kevin White (6); Funchess (11); Josh Gordon (12); Mike Wallace (14); Victor Cruz (16)

TE: Witten (7); Zach Miller/Bears (9)

K: Dan Bailey (18)

D: Den (13); Eagles (19); SF (20) - plan to start SF at home on opening week against the Rams and their rookie QB.

I think this team is solid. Not sold on your WR's after Edelman and Fitz, but certainly there's big potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd pick. Just finished. If I had it to do all over again. I think I would have jumped on Lewis in the 4th. I think I can field a competitive starting lineup every week though.

Carson Palmer (ARI) 9.3, Jameis Winston (TB) 11.3
 
Duke Johnson (CLE) 5.3, Charles Sims (TB) 8.10, Kenyan Drake (MIA) 17.3, Darren Sproles (PHI) 13.3, Chris Johnson (ARI) 14.10, Jamaal Charles (KC) 2.10
 
DeAndre Hopkins (HOU) 1.3, Mohamed Sanu (ATL) 12.10, Alshon Jeffery (CHI) 3.3, Eric Decker (NYJ) 6.10, Allen Hurns (JAC) 7.3, Albert Wilson (KC) 19.3,DeAndre Smelter (SF) 20.10
 
Zach Miller (CHI) 10.10, Gary Barnidge (CLE) 4.10, Jacob Tamme (ATL) 18.10
 
Stephen Gostkowski (NE) 15.3, CAR Team Defense (CAR) 16.10
   
Edited by brun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:59 PM, Sweetness_34 said:

Drafted from 10th spot last night....fire away. Only regret I have is not getting Charcandrick West to back up Charles

QB: Brady (10); Cutler (15); Flacco (17)

RB: AP (1); Charles (2); Dion Lewis (4); Jon Stewart (8)

WR: Edelman (3); Larry Fitz (5); Kevin White (6); Funchess (11); Josh Gordon (12); Mike Wallace (14); Victor Cruz (16)

TE: Witten (7); Zach Miller/Bears (9)

K: Dan Bailey (18)

D: Den (13); Eagles (19); SF (20) - plan to start SF at home on opening week against the Rams and their rookie QB.

 

Like it overall..  I think Miller could be pretty good this year..  Also like White

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:04 PM, brun said:

3rd pick. Just finished. If I had it to do all over again. I think I would have jumped on Lewis in the 4th. I think I can field a competitive starting lineup every week though.

Carson Palmer (ARI), Jameis Winston (TB)
 
Duke Johnson (CLE), Charles Sims (TB), Kenyan Drake (MIA), Darren Sproles (PHI), Chris Johnson (ARI), Jamaal Charles (KC)
 
DeAndre Hopkins (HOU), Mohamed Sanu (ATL), Alshon Jeffery (CHI), Eric Decker (NYJ), Allen Hurns (JAC), Albert Wilson (KC),DeAndre Smelter (SF)
 
Zach Miller (CHI), Gary Barnidge (CLE), Jacob Tamme (ATL)
 
Stephen Gostkowski (NE), CAR Team Defense (CAR) 
   

 

Who did you take in the 4th, just curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Coots said:

 

Who did you take in the 4th, just curious

I took Barnidge as the 6th TE off the board. Looking at the draft boardthere, I should have seen there was a good chance he would be available to me in the 5th as the 1 slot already had 2 TE's.

I'm OK with how it worked out though. I got Duke Johnson in the 5th. He's not as dynamic as Lewis, but I worry more about injuries with Lewis. I like Barnidge as much or more than any of the other TEs available at that time. If I tried waiting until the 6th, I would have ended up with the 11 or 12th TE picked.

I'll have a clearer picture sometime around Christmas. ?

FWIW, I've seen Barnidge go in the 6th in subsequent drafts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to do an early one this evening. Thought I would take a bunch of chances so not sure if this one will work out.

QB- Brees, Mariota

RB- Leveon Bell, CJ Anderson, Mathews, Foster, Dixon, Booker

WR- Hilton, Marshall, Benjamin, Michael Thomas (NO), Gordon, Woods, Mitchell

TE- Barnidge, Ebron, Brate

K- Brown

D- Redskins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Overall Pick

QB: Jameis Winston (12.7), Ryan Tannehill (18.7)

RB: Jay Ajayi (6.7), Ameer Abdullah (7.6), Chris Ivory (9.6), DeAndre Washington (13.6), Paul Perkins (14.7), Christine Michael (19.6)

WR: DeAndre Hopkins (1.6), Amari Cooper (2.7), Doug Baldwin (4.7), John Brown (5.6), Michael Thomas (10.7), Dorial Green-Beckham (11.6)

TE: Jordan Reed (3.6), Eric Ebron (8.7), Ben Watson (15.6), Will Tye (16.7)

K: Brandon McManus (20.7)

DEF: Cincinnati Bengals (17.6)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ffrookie said:

Decided to do an early one this evening. Thought I would take a bunch of chances so not sure if this one will work out.

QB- Brees, Mariota

RB- Leveon Bell, CJ Anderson, Mathews, Foster, Dixon, Booker

WR- Hilton, Marshall, Benjamin, Michael Thomas (NO), Gordon, Woods, Mitchell

TE- Barnidge, Ebron, Brate

K- Brown

D- Redskins

Like it, looks very strong overall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2016 at 9:05 PM, ffrookie said:

Decided to do an early one this evening. Thought I would take a bunch of chances so not sure if this one will work out.

QB- Brees, Mariota

RB- Leveon Bell, CJ Anderson, Mathews, Foster, Dixon, Booker

WR- Hilton, Marshall, Benjamin, Michael Thomas (NO), Gordon, Woods, Mitchell

TE- Barnidge, Ebron, Brate

K- Brown

D- Redskins

Good draft......What slot did you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from the 5

QB- Palmer,Rivers

RB- Gurley,Ingram,Demarco Murray,Deangelo Williams

WR- Mathews,Sheppard,Treadwell,Garcon,Lafell,Michael Thomas,Britt,Terrence Williams

TE- Olson,Barnidge,Tamme

DEF- KC,Cin

 K-   Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 10, 2016 at 10:04 PM, brun said:

3rd pick. Just finished. If I had it to do all over again. I think I would have jumped on Lewis in the 4th. I think I can field a competitive starting lineup every week though.

Carson Palmer (ARI), Jameis Winston (TB)
 
Duke Johnson (CLE), Charles Sims (TB), Kenyan Drake (MIA), Darren Sproles (PHI), Chris Johnson (ARI), Jamaal Charles (KC)
 
DeAndre Hopkins (HOU), Mohamed Sanu (ATL), Alshon Jeffery (CHI), Eric Decker (NYJ), Allen Hurns (JAC), Albert Wilson (KC),DeAndre Smelter (SF)
 
Zach Miller (CHI), Gary Barnidge (CLE), Jacob Tamme (ATL)
 
Stephen Gostkowski (NE), CAR Team Defense (CAR) 
   

You're still too high and mighty to post the rounds?  You really think it has an effect on anyone who reads this forum?  Sigh. As for the team, looks pretty good.  If you can get decent  RB production from that bunch, should be a contender  

 

On on a sidenote, Coots what the F were you thinking on draft day in the NFBC league we're in together. Lol.  You made some wacky picks man.  Stick to football. 

Looking to cut back on my teams this year.  Drafted too many last year , think it hurt my overall management of the teams.    

GL to all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 4, 2016 at 0:05 AM, ffrookie said:

Decided to do an early one this evening. Thought I would take a bunch of chances so not sure if this one will work out.

QB- Brees, Mariota

RB- Leveon Bell, CJ Anderson, Mathews, Foster, Dixon, Booker

WR- Hilton, Marshall, Benjamin, Michael Thomas (NO), Gordon, Woods, Mitchell

TE- Barnidge, Ebron, Brate

K- Brown

D- Redskins

Looks real good. The bench depth at WR looks thin but overall should be a pretty solid group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Da Gildz said:

You're still too high and mighty to post the rounds?  You really think it has an effect on anyone who reads this forum?  Sigh. As for the team, looks pretty good.  If you can get decent  RB production from that bunch, should be a contender  

Sorry, these were all picked in rounds 1 thru 20. :lol:

Haven't gotten high in 30+ years. Never been mighty, but at one time I did have a t-shirt with a picture of Mighty Mouse on the front.

Your point is valid. I will update the the round numbers shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brun said:

Sorry, these were all picked in rounds 1 thru 20. :lol:

Haven't gotten high in 30+ years. Never been mighty, but at one time I did have a t-shirt with a picture of Mighty Mouse on the front.

Your point is valid. I will update the the round numbers shortly.

 

Thanks.  I was all excited to bash your team and then I see Charles listed as your 12th RB.  Just odd seeing your completely random allotment of players listed.   

Appeciate it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

 

Thanks.  I was all excited to bash your team and then I see Charles listed as your 12th RB.  Just odd seeing your completely random allotment of players listed.   

Appeciate it. 

 

I felt lucky to have Charles come to me at 2.10. Perhaps I value him higher than most.

The order in which the players appear in my post is just how they appear in the roster query on the site which is what I used to copy and paste into this thread. The time saved with a quick copy and paste could then be used later to explain the random order and lack of round taken info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough.  And agree w/Charles.  I've seen other formats where Charles is falling to rd 3.  Completely bonkers.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9-hole:

Romo (16), Dalton (17)

AP (2), DMart (3), D Murray (5), Duke J (7), Sims (8), McKinnon (12)

AJ Green (1), Decker (6), Wheaton (9), Steve Smith (10), Green-Beckham (11), Dorsett (14), Agholor (15)

Kelce (4), BWatson (13), Donnell (20)

NE (18), Walsh (19)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2016 at 0:19 AM, Seven Above said:

9-hole:

Romo (16), Dalton (17)

AP (2), DMart (3), D Murray (5), Duke J (7), Sims (8), McKinnon (12)

AJ Green (1), Decker (6), Wheaton (9), Steve Smith (10), Green-Beckham (11), Dorsett (14), Agholor (15)

Kelce (4), BWatson (13), Donnell (20)

NE (18), Walsh (19)

Like this team. Very jealous that you got Duke Johnson in the 7th. I think you got nice value on the QB's. Not a big fan of Ben Watson, but hard to discount his recent production at NO.

Edited by brun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6-spot:

Blake Bortles (9), Carson Palmer (11)

Le'Veon Bell (1), Devonte Freeman (2), LeSean McCoy (4), Thomas Rawls (5), Darren McFadden (12), Ronnie Hillman (18)

Julian Edelman (3), Michael Crabtree (6), Marvin Jones (8), Josh Gordon (13), Rueben Randle (15), Breshad Perriman (16), Terrance Williams (17)

Antonio Gates (7), Zach Miller (10), Hunter Henry (20)

ARI/DST (14), Dan Bailey (19)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 10, 2016 at 10:42 AM, brun said:

Like this team. Very jealous that you got Duke Johnson in the 7th. I think you got nice value on the QB's. Not a big fan of Ben Watson, but hard to discount his recent production at NO.

Duke J in rd 7 is a value now ? When did this occur...and why.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

Duke J in rd 7 is a value now ? When did this occur...and why.  

I value Duke similarly to Woodhead and Bernard. All 3 seem to go in the 5-6th rounds. My sample size in FPC leagues is limited, but I've done a fair number of MFL10's and this holds true there as well.

I see no reason that Duke can't match or better his receptions from last year (60+). Crowell wasn't really that effective last year (well, not as effective as I thought he would be), I could see Crowell with fewer rushes and Duke getting more rushes than last year (100+) and maybe a couple of TD's.

Of course, I have no crystal ball. The QB could hurt his production, but I don't see the QB situation being any worse than last year. If he doesn't get any TD's then he won't be helping my teams very much.

JMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did one last night....from the 1st spot....In the 2nd round, with 2 picks to go before me, both Jordan Reed and Jamaal Charles were on the board....was really hoping I get one...both would have been awesome....unfortunately both went in those 2 picks....not unhappy with my team but I would have loved to start with Bell, Charles and Marshall or Bell, Reed and Marshall....

QB: Brady (9); Rivers (11); Cutler (14)

RB: Leveon Bell (1); Rawls (4); Langford (5); Sproles (13); Blount (15); Kadeem Carey (18)

WR: Marshall (2); Hilton (3); Kevin White (7); Funchess (10); Mike Wallace (12); Britt (17)

TE: Eifert (6); Witten (8); Donnell (20)

K: Dan Bailey (19)

D: Rams (16)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did one too..  Not all that happy with it as my RB strength is going to need some help but that is the easiest spot to find on the wire..

 

QB Luck, Ryan

RB Charles, Coleman, J. Howard, W. Smallwood, Blount, Droughn, K. Marshall, L. Dunbar

WR ODB, Landry, E. Sanders, Decker, K. White, B. Perriman

TE Bennett, Whitten

Seattle, Vinatierri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coots said:

I did one too..  Not all that happy with it as my RB strength is going to need some help but that is the easiest spot to find on the wire..

 

QB Luck, Ryan

RB Charles, Coleman, J. Howard, W. Smallwood, Blount, Droughn, K. Marshall, L. Dunbar

WR ODB, Landry, E. Sanders, Decker, K. White, B. Perriman

TE Bennett, Whitten

Seattle, Vinatierri

Not sure if your RBs are enough ...who will you start at RB2? Howard is not gonna be it .... your best hope is Blount getting huge chunk of carries and lots of goal line TDs....also your TEs might be an issue....depends on what Bennett does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sweetness_34 said:

Not sure if your RBs are enough ...who will you start at RB2? Howard is not gonna be it .... your best hope is Blount getting huge chunk of carries and lots of goal line TDs....also your TEs might be an issue....depends on what Bennett does

Your guess is as good as mine...  Need an injury for the team to be really good..  All I do know is that if my WRs are not very good then this team will SUCK..  True Bang or Bust team for sure...  Should of passed on Luck in the 7th but just couldn't do it as I think he becomes a Stud again this year!!!

 

TEs will not be a problem as Whitten gets Tony back and will be plenty serviceable and I think Bennett will be good as well..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Coots said:

Your guess is as good as mine...  Need an injury for the team to be really good..  All I do know is that if my WRs are not very good then this team will SUCK..  True Bang or Bust team for sure...  Should of passed on Luck in the 7th but just couldn't do it as I think he becomes a Stud again this year!!!

 

TEs will not be a problem as Whitten gets Tony back and will be plenty serviceable and I think Bennett will be good as well..

I actually really like it. Everyone is going to have a weakness on their team. It really depends on where you are comfortable with having that weakness. Of all the teams posted I think its the best team thus far. The way I view your Luck selection is....what has your 7th round pick been in the past? Im guessing you have had a few great ones but more than likely you miss on more than you hit on. If Luck returns to being a stud you will have a 2-3 ppg advantage over your opponent at the QB position. I would probably have done the same at that point in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 3 hole last night.... loved this one as I pretty much got everyone I targeted in every round.... It will be nice if one out of Lafell/Wight/Cruz return back to their normal baseline production....then I have the WR depth to make serious noise into the playoffs.

Qb: Rivers (12); Cutler (15)

Rb: Leveon Bell (1); Jamaal Charles (2); Rawls (4); Jon Stewart (8); Arian Foster (10); C West (13)

WR: TY Hilton (3); Kevin White (7); Travis Benjamin (9); Josh Gordon (11); Victor Cruz (14); Kendall Wright (16); Brandon Lafell (18)

TE: Delanie Walker (5); Julius Thomas (6)

K: Bailey (19)

D: Rams (17)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sweetness_34 said:

From the 3 hole last night.... loved this one as I pretty much got everyone I targeted in every round.... It will be nice if one out of Lafell/Wight/Cruz return back to their normal baseline production....then I have the WR depth to make serious noise into the playoffs.

Qb: Rivers (12); Cutler (15)

Rb: Leveon Bell (1); Jamaal Charles (2); Rawls (4); Jon Stewart (8); Arian Foster (10); C West (13)

WR: TY Hilton (3); Kevin White (7); Travis Benjamin (9); Josh Gordon (11); Victor Cruz (14); Kendall Wright (16); Brandon Lafell (18)

TE: Delanie Walker (5); Julius Thomas (6)

K: Bailey (19)

D: Rams (17)

 

You seem to be a fan of players I don't like based on the drafts you are doing making difficult for me to say I like your teams. I think your approach is a bit too RB heavy for my liking. One thing I would say is it seems you are high on Rawls. Be careful of that.....Its going to be a bit more RBBC than most anticipate. I do like some of the picks you made after round 7. Nice values there. 

Edited by ImTheScientist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sweetness_34 said:

From the 3 hole last night.... loved this one as I pretty much got everyone I targeted in every round.... It will be nice if one out of Lafell/Wight/Cruz return back to their normal baseline production....then I have the WR depth to make serious noise into the playoffs.

Qb: Rivers (12); Cutler (15)

Rb: Leveon Bell (1); Jamaal Charles (2); Rawls (4); Jon Stewart (8); Arian Foster (10); C West (13)

WR: TY Hilton (3); Kevin White (7); Travis Benjamin (9); Josh Gordon (11); Victor Cruz (14); Kendall Wright (16); Brandon Lafell (18)

TE: Delanie Walker (5); Julius Thomas (6)

K: Bailey (19)

D: Rams (17)

 

Two RBs recovering from serious knee injuries with the top two picks makes me not like this team. Too much late round value in RBs for me to risk first and second round picks on RBs, but that's just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ImTheScientist said:

You seem to be a fan of players I don't like based on the drafts you are doing making difficult for me to say I like your teams. I think your approach is a bit too RB heavy for my liking. One thing I would say is it seems you are high on Rawls. Be careful of that.....Its going to be a bit more RBBC than most anticipate. I do like some of the picks you made after round 7. Nice values there. 

:thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JamieMurphy said:

Two RBs recovering from serious knee injuries with the top two picks makes me not like this team. Too much late round value in RBs for me to risk first and second round picks on RBs, but that's just me.

I do have West to take care of any issues with Charles and West has proven to provide solid production if Charles is out.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a big fan of the WRs in the 4th and 5th round....unless I take Fitzgerald or Decker or Crabtree....everyone else seems meh....I rather get the upside of Rawls despite the risk involved. As a RB3, I think there is great value in Rawls....the team will run the ball and he has proven he can get it done albeit it is small sample size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sweetness_34 said:

I am not a big fan of the WRs in the 4th and 5th round....unless I take Fitzgerald or Decker or Crabtree....everyone else seems meh....I rather get the upside of Rawls despite the risk involved. As a RB3, I think there is great value in Rawls....the team will run the ball and he has proven he can get it done albeit it is small sample size.

agree on Rawls.. I've taken him a couple times once in the 4th and once in the 5th and will continue to take him in those rounds over a receiver if he's there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.