ffrookie

2016 "How did I do" Thread

340 posts in this topic

I am not going to post my team in here, but I just wanted to let everyone know that my ONE fbgpc team is in no danger of winning anything.

Thanks.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

I am not going to post my team in here, but I just wanted to let everyone know that my ONE fbgpc team is in no danger of winning anything.

Thanks.

I know how you feel.. Thats why i keep drafting..

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, zeke99 said:

I know how you feel.. Thats why i keep drafting..

Signed a contract to build a new house.  Two weeks later, found out we are expecting twins in December.  I wish I could keep drafting, but I probably shouldn't have even done that one. Oh well, the first year I did high stakes in Vegas, I walked away not really happy with my team and I won the league, so I guess its possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

This is my 2nd and final team.I think I did a little better this time.From the 12 spot.

QB- Bortles ( 9 ), Dalton ( 12 )

RBs- Miller ( 2 ), L.Murray ( 3 ), Martin ( 4 ), M.Gordon ( 8 ), Blount ( 15 )

WRs- Robinson ( 1 ), Fitz ( 5 ), Hurns ( 6 ), T.Benjamin ( 7 ), R.Matthews ( 13 ), T.Williams ( 14 ),

TE- Barnidge ( 10 ), Ebron ( 11 ), Brate ( 16 )

k- Santos ( 17 ), Gano ( 18 )

D- Bills ( 19 ), Jets ( 20 )

All in on the Jax air attack.

8 hours ago, rustycolts said:

This is my 2nd and final team.I think I did a little better this time.From the 12 spot.

QB- Bortles ( 9 ), Dalton ( 12 )

RBs- Miller ( 2 ), L.Murray ( 3 ), Martin ( 4 ), M.Gordon ( 8 ), Blount ( 15 )

WRs- Robinson ( 1 ), Fitz ( 5 ), Hurns ( 6 ), T.Benjamin ( 7 ), R.Matthews ( 13 ), T.Williams ( 14 ),

TE- Barnidge ( 10 ), Ebron ( 11 ), Brate ( 16 )

k- Santos ( 17 ), Gano ( 18 )

D- Bills ( 19 ), Jets ( 20 )

All in on the Jax air attack.

Pretty solid.  A-Rob at 12 is a fleece job.  Would have went WR/Martin at the 3/4 elbow over Murray.  Murray is probably 2 rds to high there.  Plus Miller/Martin is more then sufficient as a RB duo.  Curious what WR's were available there for you?  Don't love Fitz and Hurns this year but those TE's were crazy value.  Barnidge and Ebron at 10/11?  Wow.  That's the lowest I've seen on both.  

No sense taking Dalton at 12 with Bortles in hand.  could have waited another 4-5 rds for your back qb.  1 of the rookie RB handcuffs/WR would have made a nice pick.  Overall, nice team.  Similar to the one Scientist posted that he thinks is winning it all. Only you have a better WR1, better Qb and better TE's.  Good luck!

Edited by Da Gildz

3 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

Pretty solid.  A-Rob at 12 is a fleece job.  Would have went WR/Martin at the 3/4 elbow over Murray.  Murray is probably 2 rds to high there.  Plus Miller/Martin is more then sufficient as a RB duo.  Curious what WR's were available there for you?  Don't love Fitz and Hurns this year but those TE's were crazy value.  Barnidge and Ebron at 10/11?  Wow.  That's the lowest I've seen on both.  

No sense taking Dalton at 12 with Bortles in hand.  could have waited another 4-5 rds for your back qb.  1 of the rookie RB handcuffs/WR would have made a nice pick.  Overall, nice team.  Similar to the one Scientist posted that he thinks is winning it all. Only you have a better WR1, better Qb and better TE's.  Good luck!

Tate,Decker,Matthews and Maclin were all available.I decided that since everyone else is going WR heavy in the early rounds this year I would try to grab 4 quality RBs in the first four rounds since I was drafting at the 12 spot.Peterson went 2 picks before me or I would have went 4 rbs out of first 4 picks.Elliot was still there but just a little gun shy with him.So settled on 3 rbs out of 1st 4 picks.

Edited by rustycolts

1 hour ago, rustycolts said:

Tate,Decker,Matthews and Maclin were all available.I decided that since everyone else is going WR heavy in the early rounds this year I would try to grab 4 quality RBs in the first four rounds since I was drafting at the 12 spot.

I did the opposite in my 1st draft as well. Now that the hipster millennials are going WR/WR/WR it leaves a lot of RB talent laying around. I think you see things shift back next year as this year is a huge overreaction to last years poor RB performances. Personally I think you go best player available but I see a lot of people forcing WR/WR/WR because fantasy "experts" are telling them thats what they should do.

You have a nice team!

Edited by ImTheScientist

Also wanted to try something a little different this year by going all in with the Jax air game.I think it was Coots I was in a league with a few years ago that tried this with Denver and he was pretty successful if I remember correctly.I think he won the league ( I might not be remembering right I have a terrible case of CRS )not sure how he did in the champ round.I know that Bortles is no Peyton but I think he can repeat what he did last year.I watched him a lot when he was at UCF and he was always a gamer.

On 7/14/2016 at 6:52 PM, zeke99 said:

Here's the team I took him in the 5th round from the 5 spot

Brady, Rivers

Forte, Rawls, Stewart, Forsett, Prosise, Michael

Hopkins, Cooks, Demaryius,Cruz, Lafell, Green-Beckham

Barnidge, McDonald, Tamme

Catanzaro

Cin, Rams

Hey were you just in a draft with the team name Zeke's team10? If so, I think you got a steal with David Johnson at 1.11.

20 minutes ago, brun said:

Hey were you just in a draft with the team name Zeke's team10? If so, I think you got a steal with David Johnson at 1.11.

Yes, that was me.. Nice of everyone to let him fall to 11.. What team were you brun? 1 hour and 38 minute draft.. fastest draft I've been in..

7 hours ago, zeke99 said:

Yes, that was me.. Nice of everyone to let him fall to 11.. What team were you brun? 1 hour and 38 minute draft.. fastest draft I've been in..

I'm az5. I think we're H2H week 1. I like your team and think the starters are especially strong. I rather be playing you in week 4 or 9. Good luck!

Edit: So, it's a good thing I took Theo. Otherwise you might have ended up with the entire Detroit backfield. ?

Edited by brun

10 hours ago, zeke99 said:

David Johnson seems to be my unicorn this year...when I've picked 6-12 he goes 4th, when I pick top 3 he goes 10-11.....1H 38m??? I don't think I've squeezed one in under 2 hours yet, color me jealous

7 hours ago, brun said:

I'm az5. I think we're H2H week 1. I like your team and think the starters are especially strong. I rather be playing you in week 4 or 9. Good luck!

Edit: So, it's a good thing I took Theo. Otherwise you might have ended up with the entire Detroit backfield. ?

You got yourself a good trio of receivers after Gurley and Gio or Theo will be good RB2..  Was all set to take Washington as a handcuff to Murray and he got swiped 2 picks before me so i settled for Zenner and Ridley later in the draft should Abdullah go down.. You got Gio and Theo and I've got their counterparts Abdullah and Hill.. Not looking forward to week 9 the bench will have to step up..

5 hours ago, ParkwayWoof said:

David Johnson seems to be my unicorn this year...when I've picked 6-12 he goes 4th, when I pick top 3 he goes 10-11.....1H 38m??? I don't think I've squeezed one in under 2 hours yet, color me jealous

First time I've got Johnson in this show.. Got him once in the other show also.. Draft started at 11:00 and was over at 12:38

My 1st one ever. Won a 35 dollar league last year. From the 11 spot.

1.11 - A. Rob

2.02 - L. Miller

3.11 - J. Maclin (was really bummed that Tate and Cobb went right before me)

4.02 - D. Martin

5.11 - A. Luck ( I got thrown off that all 3 of my targets went in about last 5 picks before it got to me)

6.02 - T. Lockett ( A little bit of a reach, but he would have never made it back to me)

7.11 - G. Barnidge

8.02 - J. Hill

9.11 - T. Austin

10.02 - I. Crowell

11.11 - W. Tye

12.02 - N. Agholor

13.11 - C. Walford

14.02 - R. Woods

15.11 - M.Mariotta ( Wanted Winston, but he went 2 picks before me)

16.02 - P. Cooper

17.11 - Philly Def. ( Like their match up at home week 1)

18.02 - J. Crowder

19.11 - Cincy Def.

20.02 - B. Walsh.

I will gladly explain any picks I made.

11 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

My 1st one ever. Won a 35 dollar league last year. From the 11 spot.

1.11 - A. Rob  I like him. Seen him go anywhere from 1.06 to2.04

2.02 - L. Miller  I like him a lot.

3.11 - J. Maclin (was really bummed that Tate and Cobb went right before me)    I like him just as much as the other 2.

4.02 - D. Martin  I like him. Some might prefer other RB's that might be available here, e.g. Forte or Lewis. IMO, the league isn't usually won/lost in the 1st 4 rounds anyway.

5.11 - A. Luck ( I got thrown off that all 3 of my targets went in about last 5 picks before it got to me)   I like him, but not much for the early QB picks. I have done it just for variety.

6.02 - T. Lockett ( A little bit of a reach, but he would have never made it back to me)   I read good things about him. I'm just not confident enough to pick him here. As you said though, if you want him you probably can't wait another round.

7.11 - G. Barnidge   I like him, but really prefer him in best ball. I think I have him as TE1 on one of my teams though. Hoping he's close to last year's production.

8.02 - J. Hill   Lukewarm on him. Curious what RB's were available at 5/6 turn.

9.11 - T. Austin   I like him in best ball  a lot. If he becomes more consistent or you happen to plug him the right weeks, he could be productive for you

10.02 - I. Crowell

11.11 - W. Tye

12.02 - N. Agholor

13.11 - C. Walford   I like him and think he could end up flexing for you.

14.02 - R. Woods   Not a fan myself. I don't even remember him being drafted in any of my leagues.

15.11 - M.Mariotta ( Wanted Winston, but he went 2 picks before me)   Agree with you.

16.02 - P. Cooper

17.11 - Philly Def. ( Like their match up at home week 1)   I agree with you.

18.02 - J. Crowder

19.11 - Cincy Def.

20.02 - B. Walsh.

I will gladly explain any picks I made.

Just some random thoughts. I'm not good at analyzing other people's teams, but for some reason I started typing. Good luck.

Edited by brun

19 hours ago, zeke99 said:

First time I've got Johnson in this show.. Got him once in the other show also.. Draft started at 11:00 and was over at 12:38

Just curious. Maybe a dumb question. What's the "other show"?

I wanted Duke Johnson at 5.11, but he went 5.09. The guys that went after 5.11 and before 7.11.

Gio, DeAngelo, A. Foster, M. Jones, J. Langford, R. Matthews, F. Gore, J. Forsett

So I got three teams in the FBG contest. Got draft slots of 9, 11, and 12. I'm kind of pissed at that. I didn't have a shot at Brown, Gronk, Julio, or OBJ in any. $1k with no shot at any of the top players sucks. The odds would be that I'd get at least one top five draft slot in the three drafts.

17 minutes ago, JamieMurphy said:

So I got three teams in the FBG contest. Got draft slots of 9, 11, and 12. I'm kind of pissed at that. I didn't have a shot at Brown, Gronk, Julio, or OBJ in any. $1k with no shot at any of the top players sucks. The odds would be that I'd get at least one top five draft slot in the three drafts.

Mind posting your 11th spot draft? I would like to compare yours to mine.

1 hour ago, brun said:

Just curious. Maybe a dumb question. What's the "other show"?

TFC

1 hour ago, msudaisy26 said:

Here's a team from 11 spot Daisy

Rodgers,Ryan

David Johnson, Latavius Murray, Abdullah, Hill, Alex Collins, Zenner, Ridley

Jordy, Tate, Treadwell, Hogan, Michael Thomas, Cruz

Kelce, Zach Miller, Pitta

Boswell 

Hou

2 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

Palmer (9) Mariota (14)

Miller (1) McCoy (3) Ivory (10) CJ?K (9)  Hillman (16) Charcandrick (17)

Allen (2) Benjamin (4) Sanders (5) JGordon (6) DJax (7) Andre Johnson (18)

Gates (8) Witten (11) Jordan Cameron (12) Donnell (19)

LA (11)

Vinatieri (20)

It's okay I guess. Just wish that I had a shot at Gronk in one of the drafts.

Here is one I did the other night, has a lot of upside if some starting RBs get hurt and my handcuffs hit..

Stafford, Ryan

Hyde, Foster, Riddick, D. Williams, Starks, D Washington, Ferguson, K. Drake

Brown, Cooper, Allen, Gordon, Benjamin, J. Strong

Fleener, Rodgers

Vinatierri, Rams

How does Allen fall to 2.12.  Geez.  Guess if you're doing 30-40 of these, you'll find some wacky drafts mixed in.  

Just did one from the 5th hole .... Almost picked Josh Gordon in the 7th but went for Crabtree and hoped Gordon came back in the 8th but he was drafted the very next pick in 7th.....

Thoughts? I liked a lot of the value I got in this draft (Benjamin in 11; Jordy in 2nd....I might have reached for Foster maybe one round earlier but I really wanted him)

QB: Cutler (14); Romo (15); Fitzpatrick (18)

RB: Rawls (4); Foster(5); Jeremy Hill (8); Rashad Jennings (9); Shane Vereen (16)

WR: Jordy Nelson (2); TY Hilton (3); Crabtree (7); Travis Benjamin (11); Tajae Sharpe (20)

TE: Gronk (1); Barnidge (6); Witten (10); Will Tye (12)

DEF: Denver (13); LA Rams (17)

K: Graham Gano (19)

29 minutes ago, Sweetness_34 said:

Just did one from the 5th hole .... Almost picked Josh Gordon in the 7th but went for Crabtree and hoped Gordon came back in the 8th but he was drafted the very next pick in 7th.....

Thoughts? I liked a lot of the value I got in this draft (Benjamin in 11; Jordy in 2nd....I might have reached for Foster maybe one round earlier but I really wanted him)

RB: Rawls (4); Foster(5); Jeremy Hill (8); Rashad Jennings (9); Shane Vereen (16)

WR: Jordy Nelson (2); TY Hilton (3); Crabtree (7); Travis Benjamin (11); Tajae Sharpe (20)

Looks very boom or bust to me, but that isn't a bad thing. If your rbs hit and you pick the right qb most weeks you could run away with your league.

7 hours ago, Sweetness_34 said:

As long as Rawls and Foster are healed and stay that way team is very solid.

Here's a similar team from the 6 spot

Rivers, Flacco

Latavius Murray, Matt Jones, Ivory, Crowell, Deandre Washington, Marshall

Jordy, Maclin, Crabtree, Coates, Sanu, Cruz

Gronk, Olsen, Brate

Catanzaro

Den, Sea

8 hours ago, Sweetness_34 said:

Nicely done.  I like this team a lot.  And agree you got tons of value here.  Hill and Jennings at 8/9 is great IMO.  Both guys should offer RB2 #'s.  Or better.  

If I had to nitpick, probably a little thin at WR.  Not much behind Crabtree.  Not high on Benjamin.  Too many target hogs in SD.  What's his Rec-upside? 60? 

But nonetheless, very strong squad   

15 hours ago, Coots said:

Here is one I did the other night, has a lot of upside if some starting RBs get hurt and my handcuffs hit..

Stafford, Ryan

Hyde, Foster, Riddick, D. Williams, Starks, D Washington, Ferguson, K. Drake

Brown, Cooper, Allen, Gordon, Benjamin, J. Strong

Fleener, Rodgers

Vinatierri, Rams

Allen AND Cooper??? are you &#*($)#(&$&$(#)$* kidding me????

5 hours ago, ParkwayWoof said:

Allen AND Cooper??? are you &#*($)#(&$&$(#)$* kidding me????

I have one team where D. Johnson went 2.7 to me...  paired him up with Gurley..  That will be a unique team..  Doesn't mean good but unique for sure

17 hours ago, Coots said:

I have one team where D. Johnson went 2.7 to me...  paired him up with Gurley..  That will be a unique team..  Doesn't mean good but unique for sure

Show it or it didn't happen.

Zeke .... just noticed your zeke08 team is in my first league. 

On 7/31/2016 at 10:11 PM, Da Gildz said:

How does Allen fall to 2.12.  Geez.  Guess if you're doing 30-40 of these, you'll find some wacky drafts mixed in.  

Keenan Allen @ 2.02

Had higher ranked WRs in front of him and started second guessing myself, but with Stevie J out now it may work out.

1 hour ago, JamieMurphy said:

Keenan Allen @ 2.02

Had higher ranked WRs in front of him and started second guessing myself, but with Stevie J out now it may work out.

Sorry that post was referring to Coots team above.   He got Allen at the 2/3 elbow.  But yea Allen should catch 100+ blindfolded this year.  

1-hole:

Tannehill (14), Fitzpatrick (17)

CJ Anderson (5), D Murray (7), Forsett (9), Henry (10), Booker (12), Crowell (13), J Allen (15)

Brown (1), DThom (2), Cooper (3), John Brown (6), TBenj (11), R Matthews (16)

DWalker (4), Bennett (8), Watson (18)

Gano (19), BUF (20)

9 hours ago, Seven Above said:

1-hole:

Tannehill (14), Fitzpatrick (17)

CJ Anderson (5), D Murray (7), Forsett (9), Henry (10), Booker (12), Crowell (13), J Allen (15)

Brown (1), DThom (2), Cooper (3), John Brown (6), TBenj (11), R Matthews (16)

DWalker (4), Bennett (8), Watson (18)

Gano (19), BUF (20)

Very solid. Looks like lot of value fell to you.  Going 3 straight WR's then having CJA fall to 5.1, that's as good as you could have hoped I'm sure.  Forsett I'll be backing off of for now, they're now talking up T West as the possible front runner.  That's just a cluster%#^ of a backfield.  I would still be looking at Dixon late.  He's probably the most talented of all 4.  But nonetheless looks strong.  

from 4

Rodgers, Winston

Miller, Forte, Gio, Theo, Booker , Ellington

Hopkins, Landry, Kelvin Benjamin, Travis Benjamin, Bolden, Lafell

Allen, Cameron, Rodgers

Crosby

Den, Car

From the 3 hole..

QB: Cousins (12), Taylor (14)

RB: Rawls (5), Abdullah (8), Coleman (9), Henry (10), Deandre Wash (11), Michael (19)

WR: ODB (1), Watkins (3), Parker (6), Lockett (7), Perriman (15), Agholor (17)

TE: Reed (2), Walker (4), McDonald (16)

D: Cin (18)

K: Walsh (20)

Edited by Da Gildz
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

From the 3 hole..

QB: Cousins (12), Taylor (14)

RB: Rawls (5), Abdullah (8), Coleman (9), Henry (10), Deandre Wash (11), Michael (19)

WR: ODB (1), Watkins (3), Parker (6), Lockett (7), Perriman (15), Agholor (17)

TE: Reed (2), Walker (4), McDonald (16)

D: Cin (18)

K: Walsh (20)

Nice team Gildz..

Parker and Lockett went way later than the drafts I've been in.. Last nite they went 5::7 and 5::10..

As long as you get production from your RB's this team will hang..