Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ffrookie

2016 "How did I do" Thread

Recommended Posts

On 9/11/2016 at 7:26 AM, Caesar said:

Helped close out the FFPC drafting season last night with the final Main Event draft online.  Had the 4 slot and I went a completely different direction than I normally go.  With the Gronk hammy, I knew the top 3 receivers weren't going to fall, so I made up my mind to take David Johnson at the 4 pick.  Imagine my surprise when Gronk was sitting there for me to take at the 2.09, well, I had to do it.  If its just a one week annoyance for Gronk (in a game I wasn't excited about him anyway), then I think I should be looking pretty ok at the top.  Hope some of the depth picks work out for me, or it will be a long year at receiver.

Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton

David Johnson, Devonta Freeman, Giovani Bernard, Kenneth Dixon, Robert Kelley,

Larry Fitzgerald, Doug Baldwin, Vincent Jackson, Kevin White, Richard Matthews,  Terrelle Pryor, Qinton Patton, Chris Conley

Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, Cameron Brate

Hauschka

Cincinnati

I know its not the FBG, but same format so wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts.  The later in the season to draft, the harder it gets.  Very rarely does value fall IMO.

After 6 weeks, this team looks decent and you were able to steal Gronk at 2.09. What is your record and were you able to add any depth at WR on the wire?

Edited by TwinTurbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TwinTurbo said:

After 6 weeks, this team looks decent and you were able to steal Gronk at 2.09. What is your record and were you able to add any depth at WR on the wire?

I am currently sitting at 4-2 after 4 straight wins.  not having Gronk the first couple weeks hurt, and I did start him the two weeks he didn't do much, but the team has been gaining ground since starting 0-2.  I'm 4th in total points, and only 28 points behind 1st.   Putting in a couple bids to bolster the depth on the bench tonight. 

I like where I am sitting.  One team is 6-0, one is 5-1.  They are the 1 and 2 point getters.  In fact, only two teams have a worse record than a team with fewer points.  Its a pretty balanced league. 

That being said, I am not even in the top 500 for the overall main event board, which tells you how balanced the league is.  (or how bad our start efficiency is)

Hope to get through to the playoffs and see what happens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TwinTurbo said:

True it may all even out by week 13. But as it stands now, having a backend pick probably put you at a 5-10 pt disadvantage per week even if you drafted like a champion. Just curious, are any of your #11 or #12 pick teams leading in points or within 50 points of the leader in your league?  

Interesting I just checked my 15 FBG Leagues..  I only had two picks after pick 9 this year and both were the 12 hole.

5 teams out of my 15 from the 12 hole are 1st or 2nd in points.  One of mine is leading their league in points and the other is 2nd only 6 points behind, they are 568 and 586 overall at this point...  I also had pick 12 on one ME team and that team is coming on now that Bell is back.  I am 5th in the league...

Will see how they end up I guess but both look good right now.. I got lucky with D. Johnson falling to me at 12 on one of them.. lol, I also took lewis and Gordon at 4 and 5th rounds. oops

Both are strong at RB though...  Against the grain, there is always different ways to win just need to have good middle round picks and savy pickups...  Some teams cannot overcome injuries though and I understand that completely...

 

Brees, Big Ben

D. Johnson, L. Miller, CJ Anderson, Howard, J. White, D. Lewis, Gillisee

M. Jones, J. Maclin, Britt, Snead, Kerley, T. Montgomery

Gates, Walford, L. Green

Gostkowski, Seattle

 

Luck, Kaepernick

L. Bell, Gordon, Howard, T. Coleman, Hyde, AP

Dez, G. Tate, Meredith, Kerely, Adams, T. Williams, T. Sharpe

Olsen, Eifert

Seattle, Buffalo, Gostkowski

 

 

 

Edited by Coots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does everyone need this last week in regular season play?Personally I need to outscore one team who is one point behind me I have 1492 to his 1491 to qualify for either #2 seed or #4 seed depending on what happens with the team that is #1 rite now.I know the other leading teams can't be to happy as I have a 5-5 record and the team that I'm fighting for either #2 or #4 is 4-6.We could both be in with losing records.

In my other league (only played two,wife said I was a dead man if I played anymore)I am 7-3 if I win I'm in if I lose not so much .

Edited by rustycolts
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rustycolts said:

What does everyone need this last week in regular season play?Personally I need to outscore one team who is one point behind me I have 1492 to his 1491 to qualify for either #2 seed or #4 seed depending on what happens with the team that is #1 rite now.I know the other leading teams can't be to happy as I have a 5-5 record and the team that I'm fighting for either #2 or #4 is 4-6.We could both be in with losing records.

In my other league (only played two,wife said I was a dead man if I played anymore)I am 7-3 if I win I'm in if I lose not so much .

This place has been soooo quite huh..  Good Luck Rustycolts hope you pull it out...

 

I had 15 teams this year..  Right now I have 10 in and 5 out...  I have 6 1 or 2 seeds locked up so that is good..  Out of the 10 only one has a shot to lose out this last week..  But out of the 5 that are not in I am only out by 12 points and 10 points from getting them in..  Hopefully this last week goes well... 

 

Good Luck to all

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am the #1 seed in one league where I started 2-4 and then ran off 4 straight wins, accumulating almost 400 points in the past two weeks.  I was in 9th place before the run.  Have a 50 point lead on 2nd most points.  At 6-4, I have the best record, which is interesting to me.

I am the #2 seed in all three of my other leagues.  Have a 100 point lead in one, and am 5-5.  I feel pretty confident I will make the playoffs in all 4, but just a matter of seeding.

I am also trying to hold onto the 2 seed in my main event league where I need to lose this week to ensure the #1 seed (who has the highest total points) will take the best record so I can get the #2 seed total points.  If I win, he could actually fall to the #2 seed and I would be the number 3 seed most likely.  I posted about it in the shark pool, but it was incohenent as hell, and I wasn't even drunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Good luck Coots and Colts.  Lets someone bring home the championship in here.

Good luck to you guys as well.Team I am in points race lead with has Brees,Ginn and Cooks going tonight.So tonights game is going to be real interesting.I'm sure that I somehow will snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory,anyway best of luck to you guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caesar said:

I am the #1 seed in one league where I started 2-4 and then ran off 4 straight wins, accumulating almost 400 points in the past two weeks.  I was in 9th place before the run.  Have a 50 point lead on 2nd most points.  At 6-4, I have the best record, which is interesting to me.

I am the #2 seed in all three of my other leagues.  Have a 100 point lead in one, and am 5-5.  I feel pretty confident I will make the playoffs in all 4, but just a matter of seeding.

I am also trying to hold onto the 2 seed in my main event league where I need to lose this week to ensure the #1 seed (who has the highest total points) will take the best record so I can get the #2 seed total points.  If I win, he could actually fall to the #2 seed and I would be the number 3 seed most likely.  I posted about it in the shark pool, but it was incohenent as hell, and I wasn't even drunk.

Did that 3 years ago with a team here...  I lost on purpose to get the 4th seed instead of the 2nd or 3rd because the first seed had two best players on a bye for the first week of playoffs...  Sometimes you have to do it..  I ended up winning the league and then winning the whole thing so it was meant to be..

 

Good Luck

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In contention in 3/7 leagues.  1 is lock city, another has a solid chance to get in and the 3rd needs help.  Overall, dissapointing season.  My best team of all is actually in the RT championship.  Won't be using the early Dual-TE strategy next year...Yikes! 

 

GL to all!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My teams have stunk this year in the fbg although I should be in the playoffs in 2 of my 3 main event teams. I am in a similar spot to Da Gildz in that I have a top 10 team right now in RT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ffrookie said:

My teams have stunk this year in the fbg although I should be in the playoffs in 2 of my 3 main event teams. I am in a similar spot to Da Gildz in that I have a top 10 team right now in RT.

I have one monster team over there too...  Only did 6 and have 4 looking great there..  Seems to be the theme that we all have one real good one there..  Here is my team moving forward..

Stafford, Prescott

L. Bell, E. Elliot, M. Gordon, J Ajayi, C. Michael, B. Powell, T. West

Moncrief, Tate, J. Mathews, Britt, C. Patterson

Kelce, Henry

Bills, SD  Hopkins, Vinatieri

 

Running backs are great, will need to start the two right recievers each week..  Hoping for Tate to finish with some monsters...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the same boat on figuring out who to start each week with my best team at RT:

I have the following team:

Kaepernick, Palmer

D Murray, M Gordon, Crowell, Tevin Coleman (will be nice to have him back soon), Williams

Antonio Brown, Jordy, TY Hilton, Crabtree, Sanders, Tyrell Williams, Woods, Roberts, Hogan (probably need to drop 1 for a RB but love this group)

Fiedorowicz, Tye

Santos, NYG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Coots said:

I have one monster team over there too...  Only did 6 and have 4 looking great there..  Seems to be the theme that we all have one real good one there..  Here is my team moving forward..

Stafford, Prescott

L. Bell, E. Elliot, M. Gordon, J Ajayi, C. Michael, B. Powell, T. West

Moncrief, Tate, J. Mathews, Britt, C. Patterson

Kelce, Henry

Bills, SD  Hopkins, Vinatieri

 

Running backs are great, will need to start the two right recievers each week..  Hoping for Tate to finish with some monsters...

 

Wow that team is scary.  Here's mine..

 

Mariota, Cousins, Dak

Ware, Howard, Ingram, Coleman, Smallwood

Evans, ARob, Tyrell, Lee, Floyd, Perriman

Walker, Julius, Tye

Gostkowski

NYG, New Eng

 

Had CJA here, tough loss.  Ingram probably next.  The Mariota/Walker connection has been gold.  Still may not even get in. There are 4 top scoring teams and my record isn't great.  The 3 seed going to 2nd total Pts (which I love) may end up screwing me.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My playoff team if the season ended now and currently 2nd in points.  I'm not quite sure how.

Rodgers, winston

murray, west, Forsett, hunt, Chris Thompson, Cunningham

nelson, ty Williams, ty montgomery, crowder, Jj Nelson, enuwana, gabriel

gronk, witten

arizona, Atlanta

Feeling a little more confident in this one though:

Mariota, Carr, Taylor

Bell, DJohnson, Ware, Perkins, c west, d Lewis

Diggs, Beasley, Edelman, Sanu

Kendricks, Griffin

steelers, Falcons, Saints, 49ers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 18, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Coots said:

I have one monster team over there too...  Only did 6 and have 4 looking great there..  Seems to be the theme that we all have one real good one there..  Here is my team moving forward..

Stafford, Prescott

L. Bell, E. Elliot, M. Gordon, J Ajayi, C. Michael, B. Powell, T. West

Moncrief, Tate, J. Mathews, Britt, C. Patterson

Kelce, Henry

Bills, SD  Hopkins, Vinatieri

 

Running backs are great, will need to start the two right recievers each week..  Hoping for Tate to finish with some monsters...

Looks like my RB heavy team.  Hopefully it's a winning strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GL to all as you enter the playoffs.

I have one team (of 6) with potential. This team clinched the #1 seed in week 9 with some very lucky scheduling to offset my bad lineup decisions. Like week 6 when I started Forsett over Ware because Riddick and D Washington were out and Charles was active and I somehow convinced myself that Ware's workload would be greatly reduced. Yeah, that's right, Forsett scored 0.50 points while Ware put up 24.3 on my bench and I still won with less than 118 points. Dummy!

Ben Roethlisberger (PIT), Joe Flacco (BAL)

Matt Forte (NYJ), Spencer Ware (KC), Dion Lewis (NE), Duke Johnson (CLE), Dwayne Washington (DET)

Julio Jones (ATL), T.Y. Hilton (IND), Kenny Britt (LA), Allen Hurns (JAC), Will Fuller (HOU), Dorial Green-Beckham (PHI)

Jordan Reed (WAS), Jason Witten (DAL)

Chris Boswell (PIT), Dan Bailey (DAL)

SF Team Defense (SF), KC Team Defense (KC), MIA Team Defense (MIA)

I added Lewis in week 4. He was just dropped and I thought he could be a game changer for me if I made the playoffs. My 1st thought was maybe nobody else would notice or care about the drop and I could get him for just $1. I changed my mind numerous times and eventually talked myself into bidding $257. I was the only bidder.

3 D's are a lot, but I ran thru my FAAB budget too quickly and by week 9 got to the point where meaningful skill position players were beyond my reach. So, I looked for $1 opportunities and felt that SF D (Jets in week 14 & Rams in 16) and Mia D (Rams in week 11 and Jets in 15) could have value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I back into the playoffs as long as Oakland D scores less than 12 and thats on the first place team if he loses I'm eliminated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2016 at 9:14 PM, Coots said:

I have one monster team over there too...  Only did 6 and have 4 looking great there..  Seems to be the theme that we all have one real good one there..  Here is my team moving forward..

Stafford, Prescott

L. Bell, E. Elliot, M. Gordon, J Ajayi, C. Michael, B. Powell, T. West

Moncrief, Tate, J. Mathews, Britt, C. Patterson

Kelce, Henry

Bills, SD  Hopkins, Vinatieri

 

Running backs are great, will need to start the two right recievers each week..  Hoping for Tate to finish with some monsters...

I have one team over there as well that should make the playoffs and hopefully go a little farther.

Bortles,Dalton

Gordon,L.Murray,L.Miller,Martin,Blount,Hightower

Fitz,A.Rob,T.Benjamin,Hurns,T.Willams,Sharpe

Ebron,Brate,CJ Fied

Santos,Bills and Chargers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

Looks like I back into the playoffs as long as Oakland D scores less than 12 and thats on the first place team if he loses I'm eliminated.

Don't underestimate Osweiler's ability to make a defense look great.  Good luck, though.  i'm rooting for ya.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I made it to the playoffs.Two 5-6 teams make it while a 7-4 team is out doesn't seem right but I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.Probably not much chance for me with Luck out with concussion and McCoy banged up.I would just be happy to finish in the money in league play.Only thing that may help me is my opposition lost both Green and Bernard.Injuries have been brutal this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My main event team ended up winning by 50 and getting total points all by itself.  I needed to win by 49 for that to happen.  He still got best record, so there's that, but the main event actually pays out to the 1 and 2 seed, so that was nice.

All four of my FBG teams made it into the playoffs with a #1 seed, 2 #2 seeds (one of which was 5-6) and one #4 seed.  All my teams except for 1 ended up with a 7-4 record.  All very different teams.

Also have two in the KFFSC that finished in the playoffs as well.  7 for 7 and getting paid after week 11 is pretty awesome.  I will hope for the best, but the competition gets tough.  Would love to make finals in at least 5 of 7.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Caesar said:

My main event team ended up winning by 50 and getting total points all by itself.  I needed to win by 49 for that to happen.  He still got best record, so there's that, but the main event actually pays out to the 1 and 2 seed, so that was nice.

All four of my FBG teams made it into the playoffs with a #1 seed, 2 #2 seeds (one of which was 5-6) and one #4 seed.  All my teams except for 1 ended up with a 7-4 record.  All very different teams.

Also have two in the KFFSC that finished in the playoffs as well.  7 for 7 and getting paid after week 11 is pretty awesome.  I will hope for the best, but the competition gets tough.  Would love to make finals in at least 5 of 7.  

Sounds like you have had a pretty successful season so far.Were you able to avoid all the injuries this year?I had until this past week.Good luck the rest of the way.Maybe we can have two past winners posting here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rustycolts said:

Sounds like you have had a pretty successful season so far.Were you able to avoid all the injuries this year?I had until this past week.Good luck the rest of the way.Maybe we can have two past winners posting here.

 I was more aggressive on the waiver wire than in years past, but only if I had someone worth dropping.  I held tight on players I believed in, but I was quick to cut bait on players that looked bad early.  Still kicking mytself for dropping Ajayi the first week he went off for 200+.  I even drafted Rob Kelly in a couple leagues and held onto him until his recent run (pun intended). 

I think I mostly avoided injuries, though I did target keenan Allen heavy this year. I had Jamaal a couple places, and

Biggest thing for me was avoiding questionable situations.  I didn't like Lamar Miller or Deandre Hopkins this year because Osweiler is Osweiler.  I stayed away from Peterson Alshon, foster, Josh Gordon, and Gurley.  I just didn't like where they were going.  Taking David Johnson over Gurley in the main event was the difference maker. 

Mostly, I think things just fell into place, but since I don't have a single player on any more than 3 teams, It was certainly a bit of luck as well.  Speaking of Luck, he is the only QB I drafted in any league before the 11th round.  I felt like 7.01 was too good of value for Luck to pass him up, and I was high on him going into the year.  So, the late QB really worked for me using guys like Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton and even streaming a few weeks of Simien, Kaepernick, and Wentz.  I have said it before, and there is almost NO reason to draft a QB early, and yet, every draft, someone takes one in the first couple rounds it seems.  That extra skill player in the first few rounds really helps absorb things like injuries and subpar performance, if you hit the right player, obviously.

Various strategies throughout the leagues, but never went true zero RB.  Mostly I just paid attention to the value of players, and went with my instincts.  The year has gone pretty opposite of last year where I didn't make the playoffs in any of my FBG or Main event leagues, but I did win a terminator.  (currently in first in one of those also, but its a flimsy lead)

All in all, I was surprised at how well the year went based on how different my teams are constructed, but sometimes, things just go the way you need them to. 

My best FBG team is still only 335th, but that was the team that was 2-4 and in 9th place at one point, so its heading in the right direction.  I am just happy to have 3 FBG teams already qualified for the championship round, where its almost anybody's game. 

Ironically, if you look back at my very first post in this thread, I came in to let everyone know I was in no danger of winning anything, mostly as a joke....  how things have changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was playing either Brown, Elliot, Bell, or Reed in all but 2 I think with multiple guys in a couple..  That doesn't look good right now.. Who knows though tomorrow might be better..  Lets hope anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty low scoring for most of the Sunday players. Ended up at 500 for the weekend which I will take after the terrible goose egg from Ebron everywhere.

Do have a top 5 team at RT but unfortunately I don't believe you get anything for top 10 regular season over there although maybe I can get lucky in weeks 14-16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling pretty confident heading into the championship next week.

Carr

Bell, DJohnson, Ware

Edelman, Diggs, Beasley (or sanu or ginn)

Kendricks

Bryant

Atl vs KC or SF vs chi

VS

Winston or Roethlisberher

JHill, Langford

Evans, Dbaldwin, Dthomas, Crowder

VDavis or Witten

vinatieri

KC vs Atl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2016 at 11:30 PM, CowboysIn15 said:

Feeling pretty confident heading into the championship next week.

Carr

Bell, DJohnson, Ware

Edelman, Diggs, Beasley (or sanu or ginn)

Kendricks

Bryant

Atl vs KC or SF vs chi

VS

Winston or Roethlisberher

JHill, Langford

Evans, Dbaldwin, Dthomas, Crowder

VDavis or Witten

vinatieri

KC vs Atl

Well, you're off to a good start if your opponent played Witten due to uncertainty with Reed, as I did (I have Reed and Witten and am all out of FAAB dollars).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope everyone did well. My lone playoff team settled for 2nd as I didn't have the right horses in my lineup to make up for Reed being out and Witten filling in with a zero.

On to the next round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won one of the four FBG leagues.  Ironically, it was the one team that did not get an auto qualify for the championship round, so winning meant I have all 4 teams in the championship round.

I also won the main event league I am in, so that was nice.   On to the next round where almost anything can happen.  Good luck to all.  Let's all make some money!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully someone from this thread won the big prize. I stunk it up in the FBG Players Championship this year although I did OK in the main event. Luckily, I won the majority of my FFPC dynasty leagues so the year was still positive overall by a decent amount but I'll need to change up my strategy for next year if I continue to do this tourney as I clearly did something wrong.

Any thoughts on successful strategies from those who made some dough this year in the FBG Players Championship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 31, 2016 at 3:05 PM, zeke99 said:

Here's a team from 11 spot Daisy

Rodgers,Ryan

David Johnson, Latavius Murray, Abdullah, Hill, Alex Collins, Zenner, Ridley

Jordy, Tate, Treadwell, Hogan, Michael Thomas, Cruz

Kelce, Zach Miller, Pitta

Boswell 

Hou

 

Congrats Zeke! Looks like this team took 7th overall. Nice score.  Guess DJ falling to pick 11 worked out ? Ha

Took 8th in the consolation.  Lost the league championship by .5 also.  Dam Allen Robinson.  

The champ had DJ/Bell/McCoy.  Not a bad trio.  That's how you win Rookie   Get lucky in the draft and stay healthy 

Happy new year and see everyone next year.  May you all get a pick in the top 4 next season.

 

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

 

Congrats Zeke! Looks like this team took 7th overall. Nice score.  Guess DJ falling to pick 11 worked out ? Ha

Took 8th in the consolation.  Lost the league championship by .5 also.  Dam Allen Robinson.  

The champ had DJ/Bell/McCoy.  Not a bad trio.  That's how you win Rookie   Get lucky in the draft and stay healthy 

Happy new year and see everyone next year.  May you all get a pick in the top 4 next season.

 

Thanks Gildz. This team went 11-0 in the league and scored most points and lost 197-186 first round of playoffs then stayed consistent to finish at 7th. Was a fun ride. Take care man. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 1:13 AM, ffrookie said:

Hopefully someone from this thread won the big prize. I stunk it up in the FBG Players Championship this year although I did OK in the main event. Luckily, I won the majority of my FFPC dynasty leagues so the year was still positive overall by a decent amount but I'll need to change up my strategy for next year if I continue to do this tourney as I clearly did something wrong.

Any thoughts on successful strategies from those who made some dough this year in the FBG Players Championship?

Had the same issue.  All four of my FBG teams pooped themselves in one of the 3 weeks to make it impossible to finish in the money.  One team came close to a 3 year subscription, but didn't make the cut. 

Did ok in the main event finishing 41st overall, but man, that $500 drop on virtually the last play of Monday night sucked.

Was in first for a while in the terminator, but ended up 8th.  Just couldn't hang on and Jeremy Hill is teh suck.  All in all, considering the potential going into week 16, it was a disappointing finish.

As for strategy, I am not sure, but the one thing I learned this season was this.  The teams that started out crappy, I really scoured the waiver wire and improved them.  Took a team that started 2-4, and won the league, but the teams that started hot really faded down the stretch because I wasn't so caught up in adding depth.  I thought what I had for depth was good enough, but I missed out on guys like Taylor Gabriel and Tyreek Hill, where I could have really bolstered my championship run.  My main event team didn't even have much of a choice for week 16 roster because I had so many guys on IR by then. 

Of course saying that, dropping Ajayi early to get depth could have also spelled doom, so its a fine line.  Trust your draft sense, but don't be married to it.  I guess that is where I'm at next year.

OTOH, anyone entered into the playoff competition?  I don't usually because I suck at it, but was pretty far ahead in terms of winnings, so decided to give it a shot.  Any strategies for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:33 AM, Da Gildz said:

 

Congrats Zeke! Looks like this team took 7th overall. Nice score.  Guess DJ falling to pick 11 worked out ? Ha

Took 8th in the consolation.  Lost the league championship by .5 also.  Dam Allen Robinson.  

The champ had DJ/Bell/McCoy.  Not a bad trio.  That's how you win Rookie   Get lucky in the draft and stay healthy 

Happy new year and see everyone next year.  May you all get a pick in the top 4 next season.

 

Had you won your league, where would that have put you in the championship bracket, or don't you want to even look at that?

Nice job!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have finished 63rd overall.  Only a $250 difference in prize $ so not too bad.  

I feel your Jeremy Hill disgust.  Once I saw Martin was out, I threw in Sims for Hill. Was pretty disgusted with that decision until I saw what Hill did later that night.  That last second sub, crappy or not,  pushed me into the $.  And in week 13, I pulled Malcolm Mitchell last second which cost me the title. Maybe the fantasy godz gave me one back I suppose.  

Regarding the playoff challenge, I'm terrible at it.  But doesn't  it usually come down to the 1 obscure player that you HAVE to hit on?  Martavis Bryant of last year, or Blount the year before.   And then it's basically chalk everywhere else.  I think a lot try to be too different and hit on multiple lesser owned guys and that's where it backfires.  Also owners (myself included) always want to target the Wildcard QB's to get the extra game.  That is probably a donk move.  But I'm open to hearing others thoughts on this as well..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy who took first finished the regular season 6-5 and lost in the first round of the playoffs.  Not a bad consolAtion price for not winning his league.

Not sure on the playoff contest though my dad and I put two entries in from our winnings to have something to root for each week.  I'm going to avoid qbs from Miami, Houston, and Oakland at the minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.