What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you down with compared to the FF community? (1 Viewer)

grateful zed

Footballguy
What player or players are you down with more than others and why?  

The Who are you down on compared to the FF community? thread got me thinking about this. 

A.J. Green is the one WR I am targeting everywhere.

The absence of two WRs that had roles last year, coupled with the fact that Eifert may well be gimpy the first few weeks.

Its not like AJ Green hasn't been rock solid his whole career, when healthy that is.

I will be having shares of this guy in several places, and I am drafting him over Hopkins and DEZ and not thinking twice about it.

TZM

Guys the FF community seems down on:

Torrey - WR54 - even with a mediocre QB, Chip Kelly will make Torrey a viable fantasy football starter again.

Ryan Mathews - RB24 - strong talent + weak competition on what will probably be a pretty good offense. Could easily be a top 12 RB at the end of the year if he plays 14 games.

Hurns - WR30 - regression is imminent, but he's way too cheap right now. He played hurt last year, missed a game, yet still finished WR14.

Palmer - QB9 - same coach, same WRs, better RB. Finished QB5 last year.

Decker - WR29 - much like Hurns, he missed a game and played injured for a while. The ADP regression correction has swung too far.

Martin - RB10 - finished RB3 last year on a mediocre offense, scoring only 6 rushing TDs. All signs point to the offense improving. He's only 27.

Benjamin - WR43 - Rivers' new deep threat. If Allen misses time, even more targets for him.

Wallace - WR59 - everyone hates him and he's fallen off the radar after a terrible season, but if Flacco (ACL) can still throw the deep ball, Wallace will rebound.

Maybe the FF community isn't down on them, but the ADP still seems too low:

Shepard - WR50 - appears to be walking into the WR2 job and if he's better than Randle, he'll be a steal.

Coates - WR61 - should secure the WR2 job from Wheaton pretty easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

The absence of two WRs that had roles last year, coupled with the fact that Eifert may well be gimpy the first few weeks.

Its not like AJ Green hasn't been rock solid his whole career, when healthy that is.

I will be having shares of this guy in several places, and I am drafting him over Hopkins and DEZ and not thinking twice about it.

TZM
Wow.  I would not take him over Hopkins but as a dynasty owner I'm loving your enthusiasm.  He's a much safer bet than Dez. 

I didn't think WR6 jumping WR4 and WR5 was noteworthy enough for me to mention, but I'd just like to say that I 100% agree with this. I like both AJ Green and Eifert. I expect both to receive an uptick in targets/game.

I'm not expecting as big of a regression for Bortles as most seen to be.

It's still a passing league, their run game won't improve by leaps IMO, and while they've added defensive talent it's young and/or will take time to jell.

Dion Lewis, Danny Woodhead, Austin Hooper, Marvin Jones, Devin Funchess, Keith Marshall.

Definitely Teddy Bridgewater.

Hawkeye21 said:
Hooper?  Why?
Because I think he's the best TE to come out in the last two at least and might be better than ASJ and Ebron too. Landed in a near perfect situation with a good offense and great qb.

Just going off the fantasy pros ADP for PPR leagues list

Jay Ajayi

Justin Forsett

Darren Sproles

Devontae Booker

James White

DeAndre Washington

Corey Coleman

Tavon Austin

Phillip Dorsett

Sammie Coates

I would be willing to take chances with some of the other rookie WR at their ADP as well, such as Doctson, Michael Thomas, Shephard.

Marcus Wheaton could be the WR to have over Coates but the ADP on Wheaton is about 60 picks higher than Coaters. 

Teddy Bridgewater, Joe Flacco - neither by a lot but I'm more comfortable starting them than their adp would indicate 

LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Hill, Tevin Coleman - the first two might just be lead dogs in almost rbbc but both should exceed adp. McCoy by a lot.  Coleman could excel if he earns the Chance or Freeman gets dinged. 

Kendall Wright, Mike Wallace - very different players but both will benefit from better qb play  (for wallace's skillset anyway). I'd take either as my wr3 but won't have to - so I can take more risk at wr earlier if I want, such as devonte parker). 

Dwayne Allen, will tye, Blake bell - are tye and bell even drafted in 12 team leagues?  Bell is a top sleeper pick, tye probably won't be great but as a te2 solid enough, and Allen should have a nice rebound season. 

Kendall Wright, Mike Wallace - very different players but both will benefit from better qb play  (for wallace's skillset anyway). I'd take either as my wr3 but won't have to - so I can take more risk at wr earlier if I want, such as devonte parker). 
I get that Parker hasn't proven himself yet (only played half a season in his career thus far).  But I'm having trouble with the idea that Mike Wallace is less risky, when he's played longer and sucked more.  Seems very questionable that he'll post reliably weekly numbers, even with Flacco chucking it to him. 

I get that Parker hasn't proven himself yet (only played half a season in his career thus far).  But I'm having trouble with the idea that Mike Wallace is less risky, when he's played longer and sucked more.  Seems very questionable that he'll post reliably weekly numbers, even with Flacco chucking it to him. 
I actually didn't mean more risk relative to wallace, but more risk relative to the options I might pass on to take parker, such as fitzgerald or decker.  

Although I do think there's less risk with wallace.  Much less potential reward, which keeps wallace's price low, hence lower risk. 

Im looking an uptick in the Viking passing game. Diggs and Bridgwater and others. Based on the new stadium turf.

Im looking an uptick in the Viking passing game. Diggs and Bridgwater and others. Based on the new stadium turf.
Not so much Bridgewater, but I am really into Diggs this season. 

I know people have been pointing to his second half last year and saying, things like:  "The league figured him out." and "He can't beat #1 coverage." 

Well guess what, he won't have to this season.  #1 coverage will be on Treadwell,  ADP will be keeping the safeties honest.  Diggs is going to feast on single #2 coverage.

I actually didn't mean more risk relative to wallace, but more risk relative to the options I might pass on to take parker, such as fitzgerald or decker.  

Although I do think there's less risk with wallace.  Much less potential reward, which keeps wallace's price low, hence lower risk. 
Ah, that makes perfect sense.  And I agree Parker has more risk (and reward) than Decker, and more risk than Fitz.  (I'd take Fitz over Parker easily in a redraft...I think there's a tendency on the part of dynasty players to let dynasty thinking slip into redraft rankings, hence Fitz is undervalued.)

Because I think he's the best TE to come out in the last two at least and might be better than ASJ and Ebron too. Landed in a near perfect situation with a good offense and great qb.
It's just so rare for a Rookie TE to be relevant in fantasy football.  Gronk was about the only exception.

Ah, that makes perfect sense.  And I agree Parker has more risk (and reward) than Decker, and more risk than Fitz.  (I'd take Fitz over Parker easily in a redraft...I think there's a tendency on the part of dynasty players to let dynasty thinking slip into redraft rankings, hence Fitz is undervalued.)
With Decker being on my list in this topic, I'm curious what you think Parker's advantage over him is. Keep in mind Decker missed a whole game and was limited in a few others, but still put up 80/1027/12 on the season. Parker's got some pretty decent competition for targets. He'll be hard pressed to exceed Decker's 8.8 t/gm, although a higher YPR should help offset that. With Marshall getting older, there's opportunity for Decker to grab a few more targets.

On the Wallace topic, I'd like to add that my take is that he's a slightly higher risk than Parker since there's a chance (albeit small IMO) that Steve Smith and Perriman are #1 and #2 in targets, whereas Parker is almost certain to be top 2 on his team, but the opportunity-cost is so much more favorable with Wallace. His ADP is 162 overall and WR59. He's a proven talent and has been a top 10 WR with less than 100 targets before. As someone who doesn't think Smith can rebound from his achilles injury at 36 and who thinks Perriman will be an NFL bust, I'm all about that kind of low risk/high reward.

Who I am down with, compared to ADP from fantasyfootballcalculator. 

Obvious Guys already mentioned:

AJ Green, Doug Martin

Others who I haven't seen mentioned or warrant explanation:

Jordy Nelson - we saw last year how integral he is to their team success, expecting a big bounce back

Thomas Rawls - not worried about the injury, I am calling this is a smoke screen...

Matt Forte - best back they've had in NY since Curtis Martin, hopefully Fitzpatrick signs...

TY Hilton - If Luck can stay off the ground he should easily finish inside the top 10 WR.

Guys where I think the ADP is just too low right now, and will probably rebound as camp and preseason get underway:

CJ Anderson, Jonathan Stewart, Gio Bernard, TJ Yeldon

Mohamed Sanu

Will Tye, Clive Walford

It's just so rare for a Rookie TE to be relevant in fantasy football.  Gronk was about the only exception.
If you never take the shot you'll never hit.

In the last few years the big prospects have for the most part hit. ASJ and Ebron being the two who have yet to 'get it' if they ever will. Kelce and Eifert both got hurt but have clearly shown to be elite talents. I put Hooper in that category.

If you never take the shot you'll never hit.

In the last few years the big prospects have for the most part hit. ASJ and Ebron being the two who have yet to 'get it' if they ever will. Kelce and Eifert both got hurt but have clearly shown to be elite talents. I put Hooper in that category.
context helps here, your squad is pretty deep at TE and you can afford to wait/miss

With Decker being on my list in this topic, I'm curious what you think Parker's advantage over him is. Keep in mind Decker missed a whole game and was limited in a few others, but still put up 80/1027/12 on the season. Parker's got some pretty decent competition for targets. He'll be hard pressed to exceed Decker's 8.8 t/gm, although a higher YPR should help offset that. With Marshall getting older, there's opportunity for Decker to grab a few more targets.

On the Wallace topic, I'd like to add that my take is that he's a slightly higher risk than Parker since there's a chance (albeit small IMO) that Steve Smith and Perriman are #1 and #2 in targets, whereas Parker is almost certain to be top 2 on his team, but the opportunity-cost is so much more favorable with Wallace. His ADP is 162 overall and WR59. He's a proven talent and has been a top 10 WR with less than 100 targets before. As someone who doesn't think Smith can rebound from his achilles injury at 36 and who thinks Perriman will be an NFL bust, I'm all about that kind of low risk/high reward.
I guess it depends on how you define risk.  If the risk is that I end up cutting my 5th WR / 14th round pick, that's negligible.  That's near the point I'm taking fliers anyway in smaller leagues.

context helps here, your squad is pretty deep at TE and you can afford to wait/miss
At his going price in terms of ADP, anyone taking him will have time. 

Ive seen him creeping up into the end of the the first round, but those who are getting him in the end of the 2nd or early 3rd are imo getting a steal. IMO Hunter Henry is being overdrafted and Hooper is being underdrafted at their current ADPs.

Run It Up said:
Ive seen him creeping up into the end of the the first round, but those who are getting him in the end of the 2nd or early 3rd are imo getting a steal. IMO Hunter Henry is being overdrafted and Hooper is being underdrafted at their current ADPs.
Point of this and reverse thread was basically when your opinion is stronger one way or another versus the masses.So I respect you providing your opinion  and I do like Hooper, not as much as I like his landing spot but he's a solid talent.

Now that being said what I'm about to say is in the context of TE premium leagues, which is mainly what I play, and it's key to note that system generally favors high volume receiving TE's versus high TD TE's.

In this format the guy I believe is grossly undervalued is Hunter Henry, who is as pro ready as TE as I can recall entering the NFL and judging by constant rate I've been drafting him i think it's fair to say I'm way more down with him than maybe any other player in the NFL, at least with respect to this scoring system and talking dynasty. Though I do think he's going to surprise people by how much he plays and contributes this year, as a few Charger beat writers have opined they think he might outsnap Gates and they are expected to run mostly two TE sets anyway.

Chargers have a great QB for at least a few more years and they target the TE usually top 5 in the NFL.  Gates is only negative I can come up with and while I know he just signed a two year deal almost all the money was in year one, I'm dubious he sees year two and may not matter anyway.

I feel like I should thank the Ladarius Green backlash for people sleeping on Henry.

Point of this and reverse thread was basically when your opinion is stronger one way or another versus the masses.So I respect you providing your opinion  and I do like Hooper, not as much as I like his landing spot but he's a solid talent.

Now that being said what I'm about to say is in the context of TE premium leagues, which is mainly what I play, and it's key to note that system generally favors high volume receiving TE's versus high TD TE's.

In this format the guy I believe is grossly undervalued is Hunter Henry, who is as pro ready as TE as I can recall entering the NFL and judging by constant rate I've been drafting him i think it's fair to say I'm way more down with him than maybe any other player in the NFL, at least with respect to this scoring system and talking dynasty. (1) Though I do think he's going to surprise people by how much he plays and contributes this year, as a few Charger beat writers have opined they think he might outsnap Gates and they are expected to run mostly two TE sets anyway.

Chargers have a great QB for at least a few more years and they target the (2) TE usually top 5 in the NFL.  (3) Gates is only negative I can come up with and while I know he just signed a two year deal almost all the money was in year one, I'm dubious he sees year two and may not matter anyway.

I feel like I should thank the Ladarius Green backlash for people sleeping on Henry.
Disagree on Henry for this season, unless Gates gets hurt and misses several games. On the three bolded items:

(1) The Chargers are not expected to run mostly two TE sets. What is your source for that? They may run more two TE sets than last season, but I doubt it will be by a substantial amount.  Here are some reasons I am skeptical:

1. They have been an offense that plays mostly 3 WR sets under McCoy, including when Whisenhunt was OC in 2013. That was true when they had Ladarius Green to pair with Gates. Why would they run 2 TE sets substantially more with Henry and Gates than they did for Green and Gates?
  2. They have very rarely used a fullback under McCoy and didn't even have a true fullback on the roster last season. But there is a sense that Gordon may need that, since he played with a FB in college. The Chargers drafted one (his college FB Watt) this year and brought in another promising UDFA in Swain. So they are definitely planning to play with a fullback more often, and I seriously doubt they will also have two TEs on the field on such plays unless it is an extreme short yardage situation, which implies they would be run blocking anyway. So this will likely limit any uptick in 2 TE sets.
Aside from that, as long as Gates is healthy, he should be expected to run more routes than Henry and to be targeted more often. Last year, before the season, Gates stated that he expected to play fewer snaps but still expected to play all key downs, i.e., third downs and red zone snaps. And he did (in the games he played). He ran a lot more routes than Green and was targeted much more frequently on those routes. Even though Green played well in the games Gates missed and had shown promising flashes in previous seasons, Green was not a useful TE in games that Gates played. I don't see any reason to believe it will be different for Henry in his rookie season.

The team will also give snaps to its third TE, whether that ends up as Cumberland or McGrath.

(2) With regard to the Chargers typically being among the top 5 teams in targeting the TE, it is hard to separate that from Gates. That is, they have probably done that in large part because they have had a 1st ballot HOFer playing that position for the past decade. Once he retires or is sufficiently diminished, there is no way to know for sure if it will continue. Certainly if Henry lives up to his hype, that seems likely, but it's largely on him. It is also true that McCoy is probably coaching for his job this year, so there could be a new coaching staff in place as soon as next year, so the offense could be different.

(3) There is certainly a chance that Gates reaches his cliff this season and isn't back in 2017. But if he plays as well as he did in 2015 this year, I think it is likely he will be back. IMO he cares about trying to win a championship, which would be more likely in 2017 than this year. I also think he cares about his all-time rankings in various statistics, and 2017 could make a difference there, e.g., he could end up with more TDs than any TE in NFL history.

I do think Henry is a good long term dynasty prospect.

I do think Henry is a good long term dynasty prospect.
Even though I do think he'll do better this year than people think and a lot better if Gates is out this is what I meant. If you showed me the highest graded rookie TE in history and I knew he was a walk in starter I'd still not count on him in year one. It's a real simple rule I follow, never count on a rookie TE.

I'll address the rest of the post later, need to look some articles to see if I can find the two TE usage and some other issues you brought up. To much work now.

And in what might be the upset of the week you just made a really long Chargers themed post and did not even mention you watch every game!

Definitely not trying to kick a dead horse here, but I was speaking from the perspective of an almost exclusively TE premium perspective, not that I don't think it extends outside the format. At the risk of making me seem like I overvalued the position TE is imo the thinnest skill position, I believe in diligently pursuing potential difference making talent at the position.

Lamar Miller and it's not close for me. O'Brien liked his TEs enough not to address the position but added speed to stretch everywhere else from Fuller, Miller, and Ervin. Yes Hopkins benefits but I think the main uptick you see from him is TDs, where the overall beneficiary of the others is Miller IMO. 

Drew Brees: I think there is a very realistic chance he is the QB1 this season. He was the QB3 after he got over his injury last year, now he's had Fleener and Michael Thomas added, Cooks has another year of experience, and the defense still looks like a work in progress at best.

Philip Rivers: Was the QB2, before Allen(and then seemingly everyone else) went down. Chargers running game should still struggle, and Benjamin should be an upgrade from Floyd. Potential top-5 QB available late.

Jamaal Charles: I don't think Ware or West are threats to his job at all. They are nice insurance policies but that is it, everything about Charles recovery from ACL surgery sounds positive, and he's overcome it before. I think Charles is still a franchise RB. He's a steal in round 2.

LeSean McCoy: Feels like a guy who is going a round later than he should. With Watkins banged up, and no other WR looking likely to step up, I envision McCoy's catch total to go up. He was a top-10 PPG guy last season and that was while struggling through injuries all year. Karlos Williams showed some ability, but he is still pretty raw, and no threat to McCoy's job. 

Dion Lewis and LeGarrette Blount: I think there is a lot of value in the Pats backfield, assuming Foster doesn't end up there it will be these two guys. It was usually pretty easy to tell if it was a Lewis game or a Blount game early last season, based on opponent. Lewis looks like a solid RB2 to me, and Blount is a nice handcuff, with standalone flex value.

Rashad Jennings: Not a guy anyone is excited about, but Vereen is just a 3rd down guy, and Perkins is a flier type. I don't think Andre Williams makes the team, so Jennings feels like a lock for short yardage, plus 200 touches. Could be a boring, but serviceable RB2 who is going a lot later.

Antonio Brown: I honestly don't think he's had his best year yet. He was on pace to shatter the reception and yardage records last year if Roethlisberger hadn't gotten hurt. I think he's the biggest no-brainer #1 overall pick in the last few years.

Keenan Allen: Sorta ties in with Rivers. If Allen didn't get hurt last year, he goes for 1,400 yards, and he should see even less defensive attention with Benjamin making defenses respect the deep ball even more. Could see a top-5 season from him. Great value in round 3.

Randall Cobb: His game works so much better, with a deep threat. With Nelson back, I think the middle of the field opens up again for him. He's going 2-3 rounds later than he was last season, but all the same positives still exist. Still has Rodgers, and still should be a featured target in the redzone. I think he's back to being a high-end WR2.

Donte Moncrief: I kinda throw out everything that happened with the Colts offense last season, everything that is, except for Moncrief establishing himself as the #2 WR on the team. Moncrief has all the physical ability in the world, and was considered a project. 3 years in, I think an explosion is possible. Has a WR3 floor, with WR1 upside. Not bad for a guy going around WR30.

Michael Crabtree: #2 guy, in a 2-guy passing game. Cooper is clearly better, but Crabtree will get his. He's a safe WR3, who is going as low as WR40.

Tyler Eifert: not too worried about his injury, if anything it means he'll come at an even bigger discount come draft day. He's the clear #2 in the Bengals passing game, and a threat for double digit TDs. I've seen his ADP drop to the 7th round in most places, and it could fall further. Unless he is declared out for the first few weeks. I think the reward greatly outweighs the risk.

Coby Fleener: Always felt he was misused in Indy, and based on his contract, so did Sean Payton and company. I think he's a top-5 TE, and could potentially be this year's Jordan Reed. I just hope his ADP doesn't climb too high come draft time, as its already gone up a round or 2 the last few weeks.

Sanders - he was a go to guy last year. When you have a bad or inexperienced qb, you know the safety blanket type guy is going to be big. Usually it's a TE but denver doesn't have that. So it'll probably be the guy running the shorter inside routes. Sanders feels like a 1B this year to me instead of a clear 2.

Lewis - still love him. He's an injury risk of course but his talent is special and undeniable. They will take care of him, he won't be used in blowouts unfortunately, but everyone who watched the pats last year knows how much worse they got when he went down. The team knows too.

Hilton - 3 years and over 3500 yards. Even with Hasselbeck. He's consistent and is being undervalued with Luck back.

Benjamin - he was a garbage man and a ball dropper as a rookie. That image really sticks with him but he was also Cam's new favorite go to. After last year's panther wr corps, Kelvin's drops don't bother me anymore. It can't get much worse than that. Kelvin could've been a 1400 yard guy last year.

Dalton and Rivers - similar argument so they get lumped together. Dalton got injured and Rivers lost Allen. Each of them was a top 3 qb before those events.

Lacy - he's not fat anymore and he's been the man before.

Whoever the back up rb is in oakland - I think it'll be D. Washington. Murray is a dud

I guess it depends on how you define risk.  If the risk is that I end up cutting my 5th WR / 14th round pick, that's negligible.  That's near the point I'm taking fliers anyway in smaller leagues.
Risk to me is purely the odds of success. That's why I used the phrase "opportunity-cost". I think that's what you're trying to say here. Wallace is riskier in that he's got a smaller chance of being your every week WR3 than Parker, but you're betting much less on him. The payout is roughly the same, but you're gambling a $5 chip with Wallace or a $25 chip with Parker. You and I are on the same page with Wallace, I think. And his odds just improved with Perriman getting injured again (although I was never that worried about Perriman). I worry that injury might vault Wallace's ADP/AAV up a bit.

Freaking Devante Parker.  

Lordy.  Love him at a discount, trying to get the sophomore that everyone forgets about, yada yada.

But no one forgot him (or Kevin White).  So there's no discount.  

Ha. Meant for other thread

Risk to me is purely the odds of success. That's why I used the phrase "opportunity-cost". I think that's what you're trying to say here. Wallace is riskier in that he's got a smaller chance of being your every week WR3 than Parker, but you're betting much less on him. The payout is roughly the same, but you're gambling a $5 chip with Wallace or a $25 chip with Parker. You and I are on the same page with Wallace, I think. And his odds just improved with Perriman getting injured again (although I was never that worried about Perriman). I worry that injury might vault Wallace's ADP/AAV up a bit.
:thumbup:   I'm good with the difference in terminology, we agree on the assessment.

I'm going to go with a guy that was mentioned several times in the other thread, Allen Hurns.

ADP of WR32 in redraft leagues.  WR31-WR33 in fantasy points scored last year were Pierre Garcon, Reuben Randle, and Ted Ginn.  I think he can easily eclipse the kind of production those guys were putting up.

I don't buy that the Jags defense is going to magically be a top 10 defense.  Even if the Jags do pass a little less or Hurns' efficiency stats do drop some there is still room for his numbers to remain steady (WR14 last year) or even go up if the targets between him and Robinson even out a little.  It's Robinson's targets, not Hurns', that were bordering on unsustainable last year and that was exacerbated by Hurns playing with a bad injury down the stretch last year.

24 year old second year WR finishes as WR14 while playing injured on an up and coming offense with a stable QB situation and his ranking next year is WR32?  I will take my chances that he's going to eclipse that ranking by quite a bit.

Some guys I like more than most:

1. Derrick Henry- I know the Tennessee offense isn't nearly as good as Arizona's, but I think there's a chance for a David Johnson-like finishing kick down the stretch if Murray gets dinged up (decent chance). All the reports from down there are pretty glowing so far. I don't like the value proposition of most RBs going in the mid-late rounds and Henry is one of the few that I see major upside in.

2. Marvin Jones- Might reconsider if Boldin ends up in Detroit, but for now I think Jones is the guy to own on what should be a pretty good and pass-heavy offense. They gave him $40M in FA for a reason and I think he will be the go-to deep ball guy, red zone threat and will also get plenty of short passes so he can use his underrated YAC skills.

3. Carlos Hyde- Playing a lot of DFS in recent years, I've really come to appreciate the importance of pace and snaps per game. They are going to go way up in San Fran and Hyde should be the primary beneficiary. 

4. Tavon Austin- You don't have to buy into the 100-reception talk to be excited about Austin at his current ADP. When you throw in all the rushing yardage and what should be a huge boost from improved QB-play, he has some real upside compared to where he's being drafted.

5. Allen Hurns- Freebagel covered it well. Think if you go RB early, you can load up on guys with WR2 upside like Jones, Austin and Hurns in the rounds 5-8. 

6. Jordan Reed- The crazy depth at WR allows you to make a move in the 3rd/4th round on a guy who could be a major difference-maker at TE. If you pro-rate his final 7 games (including playoffs) over a full season, he would put up 112-1438-14. Obviously not expecting those types of ridiculous numbers, but it just shows how crazy hot he was over the 2nd half of the season and what kind of upside he has.  

Kamar Aiken absolutely. WR 68 is a terrible ADP for a guy that had 56 receptions from week 8 on

Kamar Aiken absolutely. WR 68 is a terrible ADP for a guy that had 56 receptions from week 8 on
I'm betting against Perriman and I doubt Smith is noteworthy after the achilles injury, so Aiken is a good pick. However, he was simply the last man standing last year. In the last 8 weeks of the season he had 83 targets for 50 receptions. Gotta be careful not to confuse volume with skill. Personally, I think Wallace is the play here as he's the better player and can take advantage of Flacco's arm. FWIW, Aiken is WR59 and Wallace is WR62 on the latest composite ADP (6/15). They will both almost certainly outproduce their ADPs, but I think Wallace has the higher upside. Maybe I'm wrong and they heavily utilize the ten TEs on their roster.

I'm betting against Perriman and I doubt Smith is noteworthy after the achilles injury, so Aiken is a good pick. However, he was simply the last man standing last year. In the last 8 weeks of the season he had 83 targets for 50 receptions. Gotta be careful not to confuse volume with skill. Personally, I think Wallace is the play here as he's the better player and can take advantage of Flacco's arm. FWIW, Aiken is WR59 and Wallace is WR62 on the latest composite ADP (6/15). They will both almost certainly outproduce their ADPs, but I think Wallace has the higher upside. Maybe I'm wrong and they heavily utilize the ten TEs on their roster.
I do think they will utilize a lot more 2 and maybe 3 TE packages this year. For a couple reasons, mainly to keep the def honest at the LOS. if you have a 3 te set, you have more run blockers, and potential rec's, this also in a sense protects flacco some. Also, I think they will run or lean on Rb a bit more as i said before basically it helps protect flacco a bit, while also letting them use that play action, which is where flacco is best. Their WR are trash as a unit, so more TE makes a ton of sense if any of them can block even a little.

Still holding out hope that waller makes the squad as a TE, their RZ unit could be scary big

I had A Rob last year, and enjoyed him on my team, but Man, Hurns was annoying.

He is criminally underrated (ADP 31)and almost performed at the same Rate as ARob (ADP 7th).

I might be targeting him a lot this year 2/3/4 rds later than ARob and great production

Hurns:

JAX

15gms

105tar

64rec

1031yds

10tds

A Rob:

JAX

16gms

151tar

80rec