What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

someone wants to buy you a shot of booze, what do you get? (1 Viewer)

No Jameson. That #### poisons me. Probably tequila, but it's got to be something anejo, locally made in Mexico. Nothing made is the U.S. I can't remember the last time someone wanted to buy me a shot or drink of anything though. That must be nice. I usually hang out with a lot chicks, though, so that's probably the reason. I don't hang out with a lot of dudes, not that it's a bad thing or anything, that's just me, but chicks usually don't buy dudes drinks. Unless they are older women. Anyway, if anyone wants to "do shots" my go-to is to let whatever chick I'm with recommend something. All my chicks are good at drinking alcohol so they always come up with creative #### that usually doesn't suck.

Jack. We're pretty close to Lynchburg so it's kind of the local thing. 

But the last dozen times someone bought me a drink it's been beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
House whisky.  If I'm drinking shots at a bar, chances are I'm drunk enough to not really care about the taste at that point.  

Have you tried Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire.  It is better than Fireball IMO. 
I have and I 100% agree with you.  Way better.

Problem is, Fireball has such a marketing edge right now that down in the south, that's sort of the only option every bar has these days.

But you're absolutely right, I'd def take Tennessee Fire over Fireball any day

Problem is, Fireball has such a marketing edge right now that down in the south, that's sort of the only option every bar has these days.

Clearly a different part of the south. 

An April 2014 article in Bloomberg Business Week said "It's also one of the most successful liquor brands in decades. In 2011, Fireball accounted for a mere $1.9 million in sales in U.S. gas stations, convenience stores, and supermarkets, according to IRI, a Chicago-based market research firm. Last year [2013], sales leapt to $61 million, passing Jameson Irish whiskey and Patrón tequila."[2] In 2012 and 2013, the product had a surge in popularity, which the company achieved by using social media, cultivating bartenders, word of mouth, and a relatively small advertising budget.[1][7]In 2013, it became one of the top ten most popular liquors, displacing Jose Cuervo tequila.[8] The Bloomberg Business Week article said that based on current trends, the brand was in position to overtake Jägermeister in popularity.[2]

750ml of Blanton's runs about $50, so that's about $3/shot.  A 10X markup seems steep. But, again, if the boss is paying, I'm not going to turn it down.

Not to detract from the thread of someone buys you a shot at the bar, but for at home consumption, I find it hard to pass on the $19/handle Fireball versus the $40/handle JD Fire, right?

Users who are viewing this thread