Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Rohn Jambo

***** Official Westworld Thread *****

I’m halfway through season 2 and might give up. This is like Lost meets CSI Miami meets Lost in Space. 

Not trying to schtik up the thread, I understand the show’s appeal. Just not my cup of tea I guess. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

I’m halfway through season 2 and might give up. This is like Lost meets CSI Miami meets Lost in Space. 

Make that show with the Muppets as actors and I’m ####ing  in 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Not trying to schtik up the thread, I understand the show’s appeal. Just not my cup of tea I guess. 

I think many or most of the folks in this thread felt more or less the same about midway through season 2, and honestly it doesn’t improve much through the end of the season, but I felt I had to keep watching anyway. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I think many or most of the folks in this thread felt more or less the same about midway through season 2, and honestly it doesn’t improve much through the end of the season, but I felt I had to keep watching anyway. 

Yeah I’ll likely finish the season out, but slowely. Can’t binge more than two episodes because it’s convoluted and a tad boring. Also the hot chicks not doing any banging is pissing me off also. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Also also

Hot chicks not banging

Again therefore

The Iraq

This post is worse than season two of this show.  :mellow:

• Like 2

On 9/27/2018 at 7:19 PM, CletiusMaximus said:

I'm feeling a lot better about giving up about 2/3 of the way through the 1st season.

The 2nd one sounds even worse.

On 9/27/2018 at 8:07 PM, Doctor Detroit said:

I independently came to this thread for the first time to post the same thing...

Great minds and all

I thought about it, tried figuring out 'why', and I think the answer is that I don't really care about any single character.  And the fact that they have so many storylines going on with no strong continuity doesn't help

edit to add - just finished ep 6.  Prob will finish the season but then again maybe not

Edited by wilked

Did anyone catch the preview before GOT last episode. 

Looks like Aaron paul joins the cast and it takes place outside of the Westworld set in a future with futuristic stuff

https://youtu.be/deSUQ7mZfWk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AcerFC said:

Looks like Aaron paul joins the cast and it takes place outside of the Westworld set in a future with futuristic stuff

Aaron Paul sucks tbh :unsure:

He nailed Breaking Bad - but he's not a great actor imo......

I'm 50/50 on this ....

On 5/20/2019 at 10:57 AM, AcerFC said:

Premieres March 15.

I thought season 1 was amazing.  Season 2 was ok, but I felt like they went away from what made season 1 so good: Westworld.  I have to say, after seeing this trailer, I'm not that excited about the return.  I think leaving the park is a really bad idea.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Premieres March 15.

I thought season 1 was amazing.  Season 2 was ok, but I felt like they went away from what made season 1 so good: Westworld.  I have to say, after seeing this trailer, I'm not that excited about the return.  I think leaving the park is a really bad idea.  

100% agreed.  Loved season one and I loved the park aspect.    I haven’t watched the trailer but you could tell last year they were about phasing out the park aspect and going full on rogue robots. 

Edited by mozzy84
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mozzy84 said:

100% agreed.  Loved season one and I loved the park aspect.    I haven’t wat he’s the trailer but you could tell last year they were about phasing our the park aspect and going full on rogue robots. 

Season 2 was definitely transitional

1 minute ago, mozzy84 said:

100% agreed.  Loved season one and I loved the park aspect.    I haven’t wat he’s the trailer but you could tell last year they were about phasing our the park aspect and going full on rogue robots. 

I get that, in a sense, this was always a scifi show.  But because the robots were in the Old West, it didn't have that scifi feel.  This new trailer makes it look like every other scifi movie out there.  Really disappointing.  Especially since the writers said they had the first three seasons story lines laid out from the start.  

I feel like it's The Matrix all over again.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Premieres March 15.

First season was so much better than the second season. I’ll watch season 3, but it does feel like the Matrix where they had a great first season and then decided they wanted to make more and started writing season 2. Season 2 didn’t feel like they had multiple seasons planned.

• Like 1

I'm a little confused why they did a 3rd season.  Pretty clear they were out of content.  

13 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I'm a little confused why they did a 3rd season.  Pretty clear they were out of content.  

Again, before the first season came out, Nolan stated that they already had the first 3 seasons worked out.  

Season 2 was so absurdly convoluted. Zero desire to watch any more.

I like "shows that make you think" but it was just so over the top that I completely lost interest

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jrt103 said:

Westworld Part 3:  Dolores Mulva takes Manhattan 

fyp...

Edited by belljr
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 4

4 hours ago, culdeus said:

Wouldn't ratings and roi drive this decision?  I can't imagine that content or quality is relevant to whether or not a season is ordered.

4 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Wouldn't ratings and roi drive this decision?  I can't imagine that content or quality is relevant to whether or not a season is ordered.

I don't really know what shows HBO has to drive viewers.  With GOT done they really need another hit.  

2 hours ago, culdeus said:

I don't really know what shows HBO has to drive viewers.  With GOT done they really need another hit.  

They might never have a show with mass appeal like GOT did, but Succession seems to be doing great. With them winning the Golden Globe and word of mouth starting to spread, ratings should pick up now in S3

I'm psyched for the new season even though the trailer doesn't look great. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since I've enjoyed it until now. Hopefully there is still some tie-in and twists going back to previous seasons but it all looks like one timeline now moving forward. 

• Like 2

Trailer looks horrible. Its basically a terminator show now.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 12:36 PM, culdeus said:

HBO has tons of good to great offerings beyond got imo.

I checked out early in S2. Having just saw the trailer last night, not knowing anyone in real life who watches this, and seeing the reactions in here about S2, I have to imagine this is one of HBOs most flagrant "throwing good money after bad" situations. 

This must be expensive as a MFer to keep doing. 

Edited by RUSF18

you guys are crazy.   I will be watchign the hell out of this thing

I'm definitely watching but was underwhelmed last season. Hope it rebounds.  Season 1 was one of my all time favorite TV seasons. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, flapgreen said:

I'm definitely watching but was underwhelmed last season. Hope it rebounds.  Season 1 was one of my all time favorite TV seasons. 

Same here. I might not tune in from day one, but I’ll definitely watch this.  I’m a total sucker for high-budget ultra violence with a mind#### plot and top shelf boobs. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Same here. I might not tune in from day one, but I’ll definitely watch this.  I’m a total sucker for high-budget ultra violence with a mind#### plot and top shelf boobs. 

Exactly

Season 1 was interesting. Season 2 was not. Season 3? HARD PASS

I liked Season 2.  Episode 8 where Akecheta tells his story is my favorite episode from either Season 1 or Season 2.

Wow.  Just noticed this season is only 8 episodes long.  

1 minute ago, TheIronSheik said:

Wow.  Just noticed this season is only 8 episodes long.  

Don't worry, it'll feel like 12. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

I'm starting this show from scratch (on episode 4 of season 1) so no spoilers please but...

Can guests kill each other?  With all the shooting going on with the guests killing the robots, they are bound to hit another guest, right? 

8 hours ago, eoMMan said:

I'm starting this show from scratch (on episode 4 of season 1) so no spoilers please but...

Can guests kill each other?  With all the shooting going on with the guests killing the robots, they are bound to hit another guest, right? 

Stop watching after season 1

repeat

Stop watching after season 1

• Laughing 1

I don't remember with knives but the bullets are designed to detect humans and decrease speed, so it's like a paintball.

And watch Season 2

• Like 1

I don’t think that they are “real” bullets.  They are like programmed to make them think they die ( or something like that).  Not sure if that was said, implied, or just something I totally made up.

1 hour ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I don’t think that they are “real” bullets.  They are like programmed to make them think they die ( or something like that).  Not sure if that was said, implied, or just something I totally made up.

I think Jimmy gets shot at some point and it knocks him down, iirc.

Made it to episode 4, season 2.

Still not a great show. 

I plan on finishing season 2 though and seeing what they do with season 3.

As @wilked pointed out earlier, who are we supposed to be rooting for?

19 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

As @wilked pointed out earlier, who are we supposed to be rooting for?

the robots

• Like 2

I liked it. 

And Dolores is just ridiculously hawt.

• Love 1