What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official Westworld Thread ***** (1 Viewer)

Just powered through the first episode of season 3.  Total meh.  will follow this thread to see if its worth circling back around.

Delores is hot though

Just tell me that the hosts' plan isn't to release a pandemic to kill off the humans.  Not what we need right now, right?  If they seem to have some other plan I'm in.  I mean, I'll watch anyway, but still.  

jamny said:
Wow, a show I absolutely loved for 2 seasons and I couldn't make it through this episode.

I'm out
:lmao:  Many people hated season two, which you seemed to love...then after one episode of three, you're out? 

:lmao:  Many people hated season two, which you seemed to love...then after one episode of three, you're out? 
Yup. It was like watching a completely different show. I was concerned just from seeing the trailers. I'm guessing there are no longer different timelines and this is all one story moving forward so the reason I loved the first 2 seasons were gone. I hope to read that I am wrong on that and maybe I'll pick it back up if I hear good things. We don't binge so we are so far behind on so many shows that there's no reason to waste time on something if you don't like where it is going.

And it wasn't even an episode. A friend mentioned something about Mauve and Nazi World? I didn't even make it to that.

Yup. It was like watching a completely different show. I was concerned just from seeing the trailers. I'm guessing there are no longer different timelines and this is all one story moving forward so the reason I loved the first 2 seasons were gone. I hope to read that I am wrong on that and maybe I'll pick it back up if I hear good things. We don't binge so we are so far behind on so many shows that there's no reason to waste time on something if you don't like where it is going.

And it wasn't even an episode. A friend mentioned something about Mauve and Nazi World? I didn't even make it to that.
Nazi world? 

Liked S3 E1. Nice visuals and tech in the real world. Nazi World was a surprise but I guess it could be a viable fantasy for those who want to be cruel or heroic. 

I had a FB friend who hated the first episode say the newest one was great.
This is pretty close to where I am. I did not like the first episode but thought the second one was pretty good. I would not mind seeing a Delores/Mave showdown. :popcorn:

I had a FB friend who hated the first episode say the newest one was great.
Yea I read some reviews that were glowing. I guess it’s just not for me anymore. The simulation of a simulation of a simulation shtick has been done and it’s not interesting to me. 

Season one was amazing though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
mave is super hot too.  great rack.

didn't like this episode as much as the first.   But i realize they are setting up the basic plotline.   with only 8 episodes, doesn't look like they have a lot of room to operate with just 6 more to go.

didn't like this episode as much as the first.   But i realize they are setting up the basic plotline.   with only 8 episodes, doesn't look like they have a lot of room to operate with just 6 more to go.
Thandie Newton was an absolute stunner when she was younger.  She still looks great for being close to 50 and having three kids.   

And yeah, similar feelings about the episode.  I didn't like it as much as the first but looking forward to the upcoming battle.   Vincent Cassel is a great actor and normally an awesome villain.  

Oh there’s only 8? Great news. I’ll finish then. 

Pretty much.  It's just boring.  At least the first episode was interesting because of all the futuristic city stuff. 

This show should have totally just been one season.
One season only and it would have went out as an all-time great. 

Like Watchmen was.

Will be interesting to see if Dark sticks the landing, it has complexity reminiscent of the first Westworld season and didn't wear itself out in the second season.

Interesting. i thought episode 1 was beyond awful and was going to give this one about 15 minutes, but I found Maeve’s character much more interesting than anything else the show has to offer. I’m still not optimistic about the season. 

I haven’t started season 3 yet, but decided to do a mini refresher of season 2 over the past few days. Unpopular opinion, even contrary to my own memory of season 2, but I have to say there were some great episodes and great moments. The season opener was very good. Episode 2 with William visiting Delos in the lab over and over was great television. The episode about the ghost nation guy “Kiksuya” is fantastic, and the last two to end the season were also both great. Maeve, Dolores, Charlotte and Bernard storylines were all compelling. I skipped all the shogun stuff. Basically, the beginning and end were very good, but it dragged terribly in the middle. 

Another great episode. I guess I'm in the minority here but I'm loving this season.  The theme park stuff was getting old. 

Another great episode. I guess I'm in the minority here but I'm loving this season.  The theme park stuff was getting old. 
I’m not sure I get it. Is the whole thing a Matrix type world. Why couldn’t Aaron Paul’s character be anything more than a construction worker. Is the guy who has Maeve in control of the machine Delores was talking about. 

They may have very well given all these answers and I missed it. Just a bit shuked 

I’m not sure I get it. Is the whole thing a Matrix type world. Why couldn’t Aaron Paul’s character be anything more than a construction worker. Is the guy who has Maeve in control of the machine Delores was talking about. 

They may have very well given all these answers and I missed it. Just a bit shuked 
A real world that is governed by that evil ball computer setting rules and parameters for every individual.

How, why, who, when?  No idea.

I think this is why I am perfectly happy with Season 3.. Westworld never reached these heights for me.

It is what is has been from the start - entertaining enough to watch.

maybe just me, but I thought the last episode was terrible. I don't like the Charlotte stuff at all, and Dolores as the terminator is already getting old.

Would think Bernard inside Hale would have been the perfect fit.  He becomes a parent again.  This time for real. He has something to protect from Dolores.  Missed opportunity.

I will keep watching but I am not sure I understand what is going on. Are we supposed to know who Charlotte really is? I am not getting this at all. I am not sure I even understand Delores's end game is or why she is doing it. 

While I liked this show I do find it hard to have any emotional connection to the robots. Any robot character that gets hurt or killed does not bother me as I know it was just machinery and they cam make another. I felt worse for people at the gala and I have no idea who they were but they were real people with lives.

I will keep watching but I am not sure I understand what is going on. Are we supposed to know who Charlotte really is? I am not getting this at all. I am not sure I even understand Delores's end game is or why she is doing it. 
At this point, we are all supposed to be guessing who is in Charlotte's body.  Episode 3 was filled with clues, but not answers.

We know Doloros took 4 or 5 head-pearls with her when she left the island.  She was in Charlotte's body at the time, and was merged with the violent Wyatt character.  She is now in her own body, and put a pearl in the Scottish security guy and another in Charlotte.  This will be one of the big reveal themes of the season - who did she bring with her and which bodies is she putting them in?

The best theory I've read is that Dolores separated her consciousness from Wyatt.  Wyatt is in Dolores' body, and Dolores is in Charlotte's.  This theory is consistent with almost all of the episode 3 dialogue and behaviors. 

Users who are viewing this thread