What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official Westworld Thread ***** (1 Viewer)

So the host who gave Bernard the briefcase at the gas station... was that another Dolores copy?  So the five missing Pearls manifested as:  Dolores, Charlotte, Soto, Irish security, and cop in last episode?  Bernard’s didn’t count, because nobody knew he was a host. 

So the host who gave Bernard the briefcase at the gas station... was that another Dolores copy?  So the five missing Pearls manifested as:  Dolores, Charlotte, Soto, Irish security, and cop in last episode?  Bernard’s didn’t count, because nobody knew he was a host. 
That was Lawrence and yes, he was the final Dolores.

I am not sure how many of us care anymore, but a surprise trailer for season 4 was released by HBO last night. I'll wait to hear some early reports from some of you that are still in on if it's any better than that terrible season 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Season 3 more upon the second viewing. :shrug:

I think the Dr Ford score from S1 might be my favorite piece of movie/film score ever. Yes, that's saying a lot.

This comment on YouTube about it makes it even better. 

"I like to think of this piece as telling the story of Arnold and Robert. From 0:00 to 2:20 is when the park was created. Arnold is the violin - lyrical, emotional, and sad; Robert is the piano - clear, precise, and confident. Together the create a beautiful duet, until Arnold dies at 2:20. Then, the artificial notes come in as Robert creates the replacement. And from that moment, little dissonances and minor keys enter the melody: no matter how large or grand it grows, there's inevitably something off, something wrong that can't be fixed. It's never quite as pure or as beautiful as it was at the start - just like the park itself."

I liked Season 3 more upon the second viewing. :shrug:

I think the Dr Ford score from S1 might be my favorite piece of movie/film score ever. Yes, that's saying a lot.

This comment on YouTube about it makes it even better. 

"I like to think of this piece as telling the story of Arnold and Robert. From 0:00 to 2:20 is when the park was created. Arnold is the violin - lyrical, emotional, and sad; Robert is the piano - clear, precise, and confident. Together the create a beautiful duet, until Arnold dies at 2:20. Then, the artificial notes come in as Robert creates the replacement. And from that moment, little dissonances and minor keys enter the melody: no matter how large or grand it grows, there's inevitably something off, something wrong that can't be fixed. It's never quite as pure or as beautiful as it was at the start - just like the park itself."

If you still enjoy then that's great, but personally wife and I found this past season really bad. Hopefully they really pick things up this season as it makes me sad that after such an amazing first season that is one of greatest pieces of television ever IMO, that we got a disappointing season 2, and then a complete mess in season 3. I'm hoping they can stick the landing, but not going to make much of an effort to watch unless there's talk of improvement.

Forgot to mention new season starts on June 26th. Trailer is beyond trippy and once again we have no idea what the heck is going on as usual!

I stopped midway through Season 3, show was dreadful.

Season 1 was phenomenal

Season 2 boring

Season 3 dreadful

If you still enjoy then that's great, but personally wife and I found this past season really bad. Hopefully they really pick things up this season as it makes me sad that after such an amazing first season that is one of greatest pieces of television ever IMO, that we got a disappointing season 2, and then a complete mess in season 3. I'm hoping they can stick the landing, but not going to make much of an effort to watch unless there's talk of improvement.
Season 1 was an epic season. Thought season 2 was meh. Had forgotten about the show and didn't even realize there was a 3rd season. 

Season 1 was an epic season. Thought season 2 was meh. Had forgotten about the show and didn't even realize there was a 3rd season. 
Didn’t it have Jesse from BB? Other than him, it was the two leading lady robots with a story line so disjointed that I barely remember it. Season 1 was fantastic but 2 and 3 might have been worse follow up than the Matrix movies.

I just watched the season 4 trailer. Am I missing something or is it just the deleted scenes from season 3? Only thing that looked new was a little robot girl who shoots flies out of her mouth? I mean I guess that makes sense.

I know GOTs really botched a lot of the last couple seasons but Westworld might be the worst steaming POS TV seasons that came after a truly amazing first season. Don’t think I’ve ever scene a beloved show fall so hard and fast.

S3 is interesting to me because of a) the Rehoboam idea, where our destinies are controlled (how farfetched is that, really?) and b) that two Doloreses could have different "life" experiences and arrive at two very different spots - a take on "nature vs nurture".

Watching S1 again and there was a cool literary reference it missed before.

When Bernard asks why Ford had him do that Really Bad Thing That's A Spoiler, Ford replies "One man's life or death were but a small price to pay for the acquirement of the knowledge which I sought, for the dominion I should acquire and transmit over the elemental foes of our race. "

That quote is from Frankenstein. Awesome!

THE reason that S1 is so good is Anthony Hopkins.

I loved S1 and really liked S2 too. I only made it an episode or two into S3. They changed it so much that I had no interest in the direction it was going.

Obviously won't watch the new one. Its sad because the first season was some of the best TV I've ever seen.

jamny said:
I loved S1 and really liked S2 too. I only made it an episode or two into S3. They changed it so much that I had no interest in the direction it was going.

Obviously won't watch the new one. Its sad because the first season was some of the best TV I've ever seen.
First season was all-time great TV.  Reminded me of the first season of Homeland with how much I enjoyed it. 

Just finished Season 2 again. Not sure why it's disliked. I think it's great. :shrug:

Season 3 re-watch up next.

I'm very interested in what Season 4 will have to say.

Andy Dufresne said:
Just finished Season 2 again. Not sure why it's disliked. I think it's great. :shrug:

Season 3 re-watch up next.

I'm very interested in what Season 4 will have to say.
When they started putting different “brains” in different bodies, I lost interest.

I’m not at all surprised no posts in here about Season 4. First show was pretty damn bad. Season 3 was so bad, I honestly don’t know if we just continued the same show or not.

Dolores seems to be back the I don’t realize I’m a robot again phase and of course for @moleculo, I’m pretty sure she made the dude from the 12 monkeys TV show jump off the building. Of course her beau is back because why not. Oh, HBO, way to ruin that surprise by putting his name in the credits. I saw it so not surprised.

The man I’m the black hat is the worst character now. He was so cool before but now he’s silly. Should have just killed him off early. Hey, Mexican cartel we forgot to dress you up in red shirts. Flies are now mind controlling?

Ugh, I could tell in the first 20 minutes it was going to be like last season. Is this the last season? I tried to watch all of TWD but I never made it. I don’t know how long I can last here and damn it was a truly amazing show at the start.

I wish they released all episodes to binge. I don't want to subscribe to HBO Max for the next two/three months to watch the show. I'll just wait until they release it on the other streaming platforms.

Watched all three seasons this past month. Still a fan. Liked S3 even more the third time 'round.

Some articles put out today that the ratings were a massive bomb for the season premiere. I’m sure it didn’t help there seemed to be very little advertising on HBO’s part.

Some articles put out today that the ratings were a massive bomb for the season premiere. I’m sure it didn’t help there seemed to be very little advertising on HBO’s part.
I haven't seen it and it very well might be terrible...but even if it's good, the story really could be understandably befuddling at this point.

And...it was a really long break from S3 to S4.

I haven't seen it and it very well might be terrible...but even if it's good, the story really could be understandably befuddling at this point.

And...it was a really long break from S3 to S4.
Even I forgot it was premiering and I posted the trailer a few weeks ago. Doesn’t help there are a lot of genre streaming shows dropping right now too

I was confused on multiple levels. Still enjoy the world so will keep watching but I feel like I have no idea what the rules are anymore. 

Guess I’m glad I stopped watching after Season 1
It’s gotten progressively worse. I get HBOMax for free with AT&T so I’ll likely watch it all unless I can’t take it. I’m like @foxco a bit confused because it appears to be adding brand new rules of engagement with the same players. Hard to describe but Dolores is a bit silly. You also never really know if it’s her or one of the other 50 versions.

It’s gotten progressively worse. I get HBOMax for free with AT&T so I’ll likely watch it all unless I can’t take it. I’m like @foxco a bit confused because it appears to be adding brand new rules of engagement with the same players. Hard to describe but Dolores is a bit silly. You also never really know if it’s her or one of the other 50 versions.
i thought season 1 was some of the best tv I’ve watched but it seemed to reach a logical conclusion at the end. Didn’t seem like more seasons were even necessary. 

I have absolutely no idea how HBO keeps making this show from a business standpoint.  Nobody watches it and I'm sure the budget is still very high.

Almost as mind boggling as the show itself. At the end of season 2, I had no idea what I was watching anymore. 

I couldnt get over the fact that there was background score for entire episodes during season 3. I dont remember that in s1 & s2.

I'm in COVID isolation so I caught up with S4. It's better than S3 but still really out there. 

Before he got banned, otb_lifer was constantly ranting in the Stranger Things thread about how its first season was one of the greatest in TV history but the show was a tremendous disappointment after that. I completely disagreed with him on that -- but his take on ST is close to how I feel about Westworld. (I did think some S2 episodes were as good as those from S1.)

I am watching season four but I don't really know what is going on. Not even sure why I watch. Probably for some of the visuals and special effects. 

After Better Call Saul concludes, I'll be finishing up S4. Looking forward to it. I've always been pretty lost watching this show so I didn't mind the change of pace in S3 and 4.

Two episodes in and it's a slow burn so far. But I enjoy how the show resets its premise and environment each season.

It's also enjoyable to watch the actors subtly adjust their performances depending on who/what they are.

Users who are viewing this thread