What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mass Shooting at Orlando Nightclub (1 Viewer)

Bomb sniffing dog? Sounds like this guy went in trying to wipe out as many as possible.

Awful. At the outset based on what we know, feels like a Bataclan type incident, but the fact that it was a gay club targeted makes you wonder if it's not radical Islamic terrorism and rather some sort of looney right wing home grown stuff. Either way, just awful. Sick world. 

I have no idea, but odds are since it was a gay club it is a hate crime.  Suspect is likely some homegrown, religiou nut.

Have a feeling the location was targeted. FBI looking into radical terrorism.

place had to have been cased, and this was probably in the offing for awhile ... no one goes in willy-nilly and inflicts that kind of carnage on the spur of the moment.

reading that there was hostage situation before scumbag was killed, so there was most likely prior knowledge of exits, doorways, etc

####### sickening

Have a feeling the location was targeted. FBI looking into radical terrorism.
They said the shooter was not from the area. Granted, this could mean a 1/2 hour away but sounds like farther, but it's hard to believe that someone would target a nightclub from a distance, I would guess there's a personal connection that was targeted . Then again, crazy is crazy, hard to use logic here. Just a sad weekend here in Orlando.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure of the severity of the injuries of the 40 something, but I think we are lucky it was only 20.  The sandyhook kid killed 27 people, and France was way higher.  His explosives must not have gone off.

Agree with Tom Fuentes (CNN). FBI guy shouldn't have said anything about radical terrorism. Sure they're looking at all angles but now news agencies are running with that. And surely some will tweet about it soon ("see! I told you so!!").

I'm not sure of the severity of the injuries of the 40 something, but I think we are lucky it was only 20.  The sandyhook kid killed 27 people, and France was way higher.  His explosives must not have gone off.
Sounds like the decision to breach might have saved many.

Dude being interviewed on CNN says that ISIS does have violent anti-gay propaganda, so I would not assume just because it's a gay club that the terrorist is some homegrown religious nut.  

Agree with Tom Fuentes (CNN). FBI guy shouldn't have said anything about radical terrorism. Sure they're looking at all angles but now news agencies are running with that. And surely some will tweet about it soon ("see! I told you so!!").
Usually, there's one point of contact that the investigation filters thru. Maybe he's that guy; maybe not. If anything, if they're not sure they shouldn't speculate.

That said, thoughts and prayers for those affected by this unfortunate situation.

What a senseless tragedy.  Sounds like it could have been worse if not for the heroism of local law enforcement.

What a senseless tragedy.  Sounds like it could have been worse if not for the heroism of local law enforcement.
Mina: at least 9 officers involved in shooting suspect. One officer injured, but his Kevlar helmet likely saved his life. Not badly injured.

I went ahead and deleted that, as its probably not the guy.  It said he was from port st. Lucie, and it appears to be a pretty common Arabic name.  I just Google image searched, and clicked on a link.  So I really don't know anything.

I went ahead and deleted that, as its probably not the guy.  It said he was from port st. Lucie, and it appears to be a pretty common Arabic name.  I just Google image searched, and clicked on a link.  So I really don't know anything.
Strange coincidence, however. Not sure how common the name is, but odd if nothing else.

Eta- deleted my quote.

Dude being interviewed on CNN says that ISIS does have violent anti-gay propaganda, so I would not assume just because it's a gay club that the terrorist is some homegrown religious nut.  
 they throw homosexuals off roofs and stone them 

And the disgusting hate tweets are already rolling in. Some people really suck at life.

I live in PSL and knew this guy. Same age as me, as well. Crazy.

People lash out in dumb ways after big tragedies all the time. But I'm pretty Omar is the one that sucks at life. 
Not any longer since he is dead but he certainly did in his final moments. Those still living and sending out the hateful messages still live and still suck at life.

Users who are viewing this thread