What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All or Nothing: A Season with the Arizona Cardinals..Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
Just noticed this is a thing.  Looks like it starts July 1st.  Is there a thread? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some local radio guys have seen it and said it is absolutley amazing. Gives great inside access to the team and players. 

I can't wait for this to come out.

Bump. So pumped for this, can't believe there is no buzz on here about it with how popular even the boring seasons of Hard Knocks are. Starts tomorrow, and should hold us over for a while in this dead part of the offseason!

Bump. So pumped for this, can't believe there is no buzz on here about it with how popular even the boring seasons of Hard Knocks are. Starts tomorrow, and should hold us over for a while in this dead part of the offseason!
Can't wait! Problem is, my wife wants to watch it with me, and we aren't going to be in the same city for the next two weeks...

This is awesome. Jon Hamm is no Liev Schreiber, but everything else about this is as good as Hard Knocks. Bruce Arians is good TV. 

Two episodes in, and loving it.

As some may not want to know what was shown, SPOILER ALERT..........

Especially liked the piece showing some draft stuff. Nothing like being on the "inside," and seeing a team lose the player (Abdullah) they were coveting with their next pick. I  can't believe they were actually on the phone with him when the Lions called. I would say the guy they ended up (D. Johnson) with at that position worked out just fine (helped me win a championship). :)

Started watching it as well. Love it. Funny hearing BA talk about making David Johnson a bell cow so early on in the season. Anyone who thinks the David Johnson hype is just Coach Speak is misinformed. He loves the kid. That draft room bit would have been nice to see prior to doing my league draft. I envision (down the line) all teams documenting their seasons like this and making the footage available to fans on a yearly basis. 

It was super interesting to watch Arians talk about holding DJ back a bit early in the season. It explains a lot. I posted about it in the David Johnson thread that I suspected some of that lack of use was going on because DJ was a rookie and the first episode confirms it. DJ is going to have a great chance at being the #1RB in PPR this year.

With the team Arizona had I think it was a mistake to hold the rookie back. That was a SB level team......you don't hold anybody back with a team like that. You play your best team possible.

Watched 7 episodes so far. Good stuff. Not impressed with their GM but the team president BH seem legit......

I'm on episode seven as well and one thing is certain. Calais Campbell seems like an oversized kid who won't shut up with the motivational speeches. Up by 30 this guy is still telling people there is still a lot of football left with 3 minutes in the game. I also think he staged the 100 push up contest at the bowling alley to make himself look good. BA tells it exactly how it is. 

Watched 7 episodes so far. Good stuff. Not impressed with their GM but the team president BH seem legit......
Really? Other way around for me. The GM worked his way up, while to me the president is a nepotism hire (obviously,  it's the family business but he didn't have to be made president). A former lawyer who should be working more on the administrative side who just can't resist hanging out around the football side and being included--don't blame him,  and it seems like he allows everyone to do their jobs with no interference. But a President should have more football knowledge than he has, imo, even in an organization with a real GM--the questions he was asking in the draft room were surprising. 

Seems out of place,  just happy to be included by the real football guys. 

I imagine his father must still be alive...do he and his sister/siblings share the team one day or will he eventually be the owner and president like Stephen Jones will be?

7th episode was sick. That game against GB was a classic. David Johnson comes off as super mature and ready to put in whatever work he needs to get better. Fitz is such a class act. Just a great presence on that team.

Really? Other way around for me. The GM worked his way up, while to me the president is a nepotism hire (obviously,  it's the family business but he didn't have to be made president). A former lawyer who should be working more on the administrative side who just can't resist hanging out around the football side and being included--don't blame him,  and it seems like he allows everyone to do their jobs with no interference. But a President should have more football knowledge than he has, imo, even in an organization with a real GM--the questions he was asking in the draft room were surprising. 

Seems out of place,  just happy to be included by the real football guys. 

I imagine his father must still be alive...do he and his sister/siblings share the team one day or will he eventually be the owner and president like Stephen Jones will be?
Yeah I agree on the presidents football knowledge but he just seems to be playing with his toy in a way. He's letting the football guys make the decision. The entire exchange in the first episode in the draft room seems off. Not what I expected from a team that is supposedly good at drafting.......

Blows "Hard Knocks" away
Actually feels just like "Hard Knocks" to me.

I like them both about the same but fact this is offered in slowest NFL time period of the year and I can stream when and how I want makes it a winner. Also Arians is more interesting than most other coaches and I'd argue in-season content focused more on stars trumps pre-season content focused largely on some unknown players so I do think this show has an edge in that regard to Hard Knocks but production of both feels very similar.

I'm only a few episodes in but had a few questions/comments:

1. Who is the old guy wearing a suit I often see by Bidwill? On two instances he's been only other person in room with Arians, Kiem and Bidwill.

2. The insight from when they lost out on Abdullah and picked Johnson was great but also seemed stunningly amateurish. Why would Keim make that call when they were not OTC? Then you had Bidwill asking about Johnson's stats and commenting that he looked fast as they were about to draft him. I'm guessing almost everyone in this forum knew Johnson's stats and his combine speed, struck me as odd that Bidwill seemed less informed than many of us.

3. That being said Bidwill seems more involved than I would have thought after a lifetime of seeing Bill Bidwill own the team I guess I just did not have huge expectations that the Bidwills were not just a bumbling ownership family.

4. As a fan I tend to think of a team as the head coaches teams, or in some cases the GM's team. Watching this show reminds me that both are employees and it's neither of their teams. I've always viewed job of a GM as somewhat of a dream job but for me it's a bit of a turnoff seeing the GM constantly shadowed by his boss. Bidwill might be a great guy but any job that my boss constantly shadows me has a harder time meeting standards of a dream job. Though again I will say the Bidwill/Keim/Arians trio sure seem like birds of a feather to some degree and seems like they have a great working relationship.

5. One more think to add. I know some people who thought Arians was an idiot for not playing David Johnson more early in the year and a few people who cut bait on him in redraft leagues last year. Was very interesting to me to hear Arians state that he always anticipated growing Johnsons role and I'm para-phrasing but he said something along the lines of he wanted him to be a bell cow but not in September. Two things I thought off was that Arians was not dumb at all, he always had a plan and secondly how much owners who were devastated when they cut bait on Johnson last year would have loved to know that nugget of info last year.

5. One more think to add. I know some people who thought Arians was an idiot for not playing David Johnson more early in the year and a few people who cut bait on him in redraft leagues last year. Was very interesting to me to hear Arians state that he always anticipated growing Johnsons role and I'm para-phrasing but he said something along the lines of he wanted him to be a bell cow but not in September. Two things I thought off was that Arians was not dumb at all, he always had a plan and secondly how much owners who were devastated when they cut bait on Johnson last year would have loved to know that nugget of info last year.
He seemed to hint that he didn't want DJ's head to get to big I thought? They lost 2 games early in the season which caused them to play the NFC title game on the road. Why would you hold your best players back again? I mean I get that DJ was a rookie and maybe he's still getting the playbook down but they lost to St Louis and Pittsburgh and DJ had 3 carries in both of those games. He very well could have made a difference in those games. They win both of those games and maybe they are playing in the SB.

Lesson here is if you have identified a player you think is better than your starter you should probably play him more. I can't believe what I saw there. OMG.

He seemed to hint that he didn't want DJ's head to get to big I thought? They lost 2 games early in the season which caused them to play the NFC title game on the road. Why would you hold your best players back again? I mean I get that DJ was a rookie and maybe he's still getting the playbook down but they lost to St Louis and Pittsburgh and DJ had 3 carries in both of those games. He very well could have made a difference in those games. They win both of those games and maybe they are playing in the SB.

Lesson here is if you have identified a player you think is better than your starter you should probably play him more. I can't believe what I saw there. OMG.

I kind of took Arians holding him back as a combo of things involving not letting him get to big on himself and learn the playbook but mostly to  keep him fresh for end of season/playoff run. CJ was playing at a high level so limiting DJ to some extent makes some sense, though I'm sure most of us would agree he limited to much early on. But it's a lot to ask any rookie RB, especially one making big jump in comp, to be a bellcow all season and still be fresh enough to be  effective later in the season.  I got a sense that Arians primary goal in holding him back early was that he'd be better later then earlier and it was later that was more important to him.

Not a member of anything amazon/netflix either.

Typically this sort of thing shows up on the free streaming sites.(where you can find most anything)

I did dig up links to two episodes (three and four) but I have no desire to start there in the middle.

Its pretty odd this one hasn't surfaced in the usual suspect sites online yet..........

Kind of sucks, would be some good entertainment tonight as I won't be partaking in any fireworks or drinking.

TZM

Typically this sort of thing shows up on the free streaming sites.(where you can find most anything)

I did dig up links to two episodes (three and four) but I have no desire to start there in the middle.

Its pretty odd this one hasn't surfaced in the usual suspect sites online yet..........

Kind of sucks, would be some good entertainment tonight as I won't be partaking in any fireworks or drinking.

TZM
You can sign up for a prime 30 day free membership and watch it

I watched all 8 episodes and really liked it. 

I definitely would have preferred less of Bidwell, Arian's wife, and David Johnson's fiancé. 

Arians, Pat P, and Freeney were the most entertaining.

Would of also liked to see more draft stuff. Hell, I'd love to see an 8 episode series of just a teams draft. 

I watched all 8 episodes and really liked it. 

I definitely would have preferred less of Bidwell, Arian's wife, and David Johnson's fiancé. 

Arians, Pat P, and Freeney were the most entertaining.

Would of also liked to see more draft stuff. Hell, I'd love to see an 8 episode series of just a teams draft. 
Primary focus is scouting, but iirc, it has some draft room stuff as well.  Very interesting series, if you haven't seen it, yet.

Finding Giants

CLIP

While David Johnson certainly flashed last year you have to take a step back and realize that Amazon edited the show knowing the results so they were able to manipulate how a player is portrayed.

David Johnson and Dwight Freeney had big roles in the show because they had decent seasons to talk about and build on. They were good stories. 

If Chris Johnson doesn't get hurt then it's his story Amazon is focusing on. If Dwight Freeney doesn't rack up the sacks then he becomes a small story like Red Bryant. 

TZM
Why? Isn't everyone on Amazon Prime? Is there something wrong with paying for content?

Two episodes in and enjoying it. Great for slow late nights. Think I'll stick with two at a time and conserve it in the off-season. 

Why? Isn't everyone on Amazon Prime? Is there something wrong with paying for content?

Why would I join anything like that, when I effectively watch almost ZERO tv.....? I seriously probably watch 2 hours of TV OR LESS every calendar year. (not including RedZone)

And if it matters, I never watch any pay per views, fights, any high profile sporting events, The Super Bowl included. The overbearing incessant commercials ruin everything.  I simply never turn the TV on unless someone else is here. Other than in football season I watch RedZone.

(in fact, I still pay for cable about $130 a month + Redzone, for others viewing , whenever I have a poker game)  When football season rolls around, all I have to do is turn RedZone on.

I generally only keep cable on in my place, for visitors, friends and poker players.

I just don't see any need to join any of those type services, when I watch basically nothing they have to offer.

TZM

Why would I join anything like that, when I effectively watch almost ZERO tv.....? I seriously probably watch 2 hours of TV OR LESS every calendar year. (not including RedZone)

And if it matters, I never watch any pay per views, fights, any high profile sporting events, The Super Bowl included. The overbearing incessant commercials ruin everything.  I simply never turn the TV on unless someone else is here. Other than in football season I watch RedZone.

(in fact, I still pay for cable about $130 a month + Redzone, for others viewing , whenever I have a poker game)  When football season rolls around, all I have to do is turn RedZone on.

I generally only keep cable on in my place, for visitors, friends and poker players.

I just don't see any need to join any of those type services, when I watch basically nothing they have to offer.

TZM
Amazon Prime is mostly a service for people who order a lot of things from Amazon.com. Its well worth it.

Amazon Video is just one part of being an Amazon Prime member. That's why the guy asked casually like that.

It still doesn't really explain your indignant response towards not being able to get paid content for free. 

Even still, I'll help you: you can usually get a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime. You should easily finish this series in 30 days.

I just kept clicking on the next episode and I was able to watch the entire series. I am not a Prime member. just an fyi

Amazon Prime is mostly a service for people who order a lot of things from Amazon.com. Its well worth it.

Amazon Video is just one part of being an Amazon Prime member. That's why the guy asked casually like that.

It still doesn't really explain your indignant response towards not being able to get paid content for free. 

Even still, I'll help you: you can usually get a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime. You should easily finish this series in 30 days.

I wasn't trying to be indignant whatsoever. In fact I thought it was a pretty clear response of surprise that it hadn't hit any of the free streaming sites, when typically you can find anything and everything in short order. It was surprise more than anything, and I thought my comments showed that pretty plainly.

"Typically this sort of thing shows up on the free streaming sites.(where you can find most anything)" then,  " Its pretty odd this one hasn't surfaced in the usual suspect sites online yet.......... "

Maybe I mistook his "Is there something wrong with paying for content" comment. How is one suppose to take that comment? I don't know, you tell me.....  Its as if he thinks I am thumbing my nose at paying for anything, when trust me thats far from the truth, as I pointed out how I "pay $130 a month for cable, and don't even watch" response. 

Some of you guys seem a little on edge here lately.

Maybe that changes when the preseason hits.

No harm no foul.

QUICK EDIT- The show did in fact hit the popular streaming sites, as I anticipated. It just took a bit longer than I expected. I watched all but the final episode, and its been pretty good.

TZM

I'm two episodes in and I have to say Arians is kind of starting to grate on me.  His "Git yo ### up in theya!"  schtick is getting old already.  Is he trying to be relateable to young black guys or something?  

Bidwell seems like a very good owner.  The GM obviously knows what he's doing.  The show hasn't been kind to Carson Palmer so far.  Not looking forward to watching the Packers game where 1st rounder Randall just decides to not cover Fitzgerald in overtime.  SMH.  

Hmm, I have the complete opposite reaction about Arian after watching the series. I like him much more now. Based on his background (stylish clothes and some what flamboyant). I also believe that his message resonates with the black players. Arians keeps his speeches short and real, which I am sure the players also appreciate. 

I loved when you mentions that he talked some smack after a Rams game last year and he hopes the players has his back.  :lmao:  

Very effective way to motivate the players IMO.

Hmm, I have the complete opposite reaction about Arian after watching the series. I like him much more now. Based on his background (stylish clothes and some what flamboyant). I also believe that his message resonates with the black players playas. Arians keeps his speeches short and real, which I am sure the players also appreciate. 

I loved when you mentions that he talked some smack after a Rams game last year and he hopes the players has his back.  :lmao:  

Very effective way to motivate the players IMO.
FYP.  Also, apparently the players didn't have his back because they lost that game.  

DJ had a direct impact on one of the losses where he sets the tone for the game by fumbling the opening kick, he was a rookie.  At that time CJ2k was doing just fine and it wasn't necessary to put a rookie who was still learning blitz pickups and how to secure the ball, in full time.   The Steelers loss had nothing to do with DJ not getting more work, that loss was purely on the 2nd half defense and thinking that when the rookie QB came in they'd have a cake walk, also Palmer had some terrible decisions that cost them TDs in that game.

All or Nothing: A Season with the Los Angeles Rams, which promises “access to an NFL season unlike any that’s been captured on screen,” will run exclusively on Amazon Prime. No premiere date was announced.

Users who are viewing this thread