What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Big Brother 18 Thread*** No Spoilers (1 Viewer)

Rumor is that Da'Vonne and James from last year will be returning
It's gonna be a  :tfp:  as usual. But I can't quit this show.

Not a terrible episode. Bearded guy and Day make that an easy team to dislike for me. The way it shook out, I have to hope Nicole leaves first. 

I feel like Nicole, Corey, Tiffany could be a good team if they ditch Glenn tonight. I get it that he was "right" on that puzzle, but he also stood around and did nothing then threw a fit that "I told you so". 

I think Michelle will be a solid player as well. 

I feel like Nicole, Corey, Tiffany could be a good team if they ditch Glenn tonight. I get it that he was "right" on that puzzle, but he also stood around and did nothing then threw a fit that "I told you so". 

I think Michelle will be a solid player as well. 
If they ditch Glenn? I thought the loser goes home? Of course, the kids were talking when they explained that part so I might have missed something. 

If they ditch Glenn? I thought the loser goes home? Of course, the kids were talking when they explained that part so I might have missed something. 
Lol same here ( my kids talk through the show). So they have a "last place leaves" comp tonight then amongst the 4?

Putting up people on your side as pawns is terrible game play. Pawns go home all the time. 
Yep - especially this earlier.  Pick 3 people you want gone.  Put two up - if one of them wins veto them just replace them with the 3rd one.  This shouldn't be that hard.

AAABatteries said:
Yep - especially this earlier.  Pick 3 people you want gone.  Put two up - if one of them wins veto them just replace them with the 3rd one.  This shouldn't be that hard.
This.  The effort to try and avoid "getting blood on my hands" is a moot point when you're the target of 2/3 of the house anyway.

Thats terrible by Nicole.  Paulie should have stuck up for himself a bit more. 

Jozea and Victor seemed like no brainers to put up.  The Vets seemed to already have Paulie, Corey and Tiffany at the very least. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible job by Nicole and really that entire crew.  You would think one of the "vets" would have stepped up and said this is ridiculous.  Maybe someone did and we didn't see it on the TV show, then Nicole made the move strictly because she was #1 on Jose's list.  Probably giving them too much credit..

I think there is some value in keeping some plausible deniability that the vets are working with Paulie. Maybe he can gather more info now from the other side. The tricky part will be veto though. They need Paulie to win rather than a vet or Nicole. Paulie down, Victor or Paul up makes the most sense. I think Nicole will throw it so she doesn't have to decide about taking Paulie down, especially if she honestly believes she has the votes to send Jozea home. 

If someone else wins, I cant think of many people who would take down Jozea. Bigger worry is just keeping them the same and Paul rallying the newbies to send Paulie home. Even that isn't the end of the world for Nicole though, and you could argue it's better for Corey/Tiffany. 

I'm not surprised that Victor and Josea already showed their hand to the vets 1 day into the game. Dummies.

The greatest myth on these reality shows, where previous seasons' players return, is that those returning players are somehow experts or have some sort of extreme advantage.

It's just not true.

The greatest myth on these reality shows, where previous seasons' players return, is that those returning players are somehow experts or have some sort of extreme advantage.

It's just not true.
Depends on the show, but I think there's a strong advantage in knowing how being locked away (Big Brother)/hungry and on an island (Survivor)/ etc. will affect you and how to counteract that.

Anyone who leaves early has, in my opinion, little to no advantage.  People who make it to the end almost always had to learn to rise above the circumstance and keep thinking and plotting despite the weird circumstance.  I think that's a really big advantage, and it's shown in these early episodes with the vets pumping the n00bs for information.

I was hoping Tiffany wasn't going to be like her sister and cry on every episode, she is off to a bad start, already crying.

Da'vonne is the ####### worst. They managed to put the all time worst personality on a team with annoying Beardface and Jose. I hated all 3 of them within the first 5 minutes, so it was nice to have my hatred consolidated onto one team. Then they gave them 90% of the airtime of the first two episodes. If it keeps on like this, I'll be out. I can't take Da'vonne. She's awful.

Why would anyone vote to keep Paulie? He's athletic and seems like he's going to be decent socially. I have a better chance of winning this season than Jose. In the earlier seasons, this exact scenario played out a few times. Put someone likable vs. someone everyone hates for the first eviction to predictable results in a game where other people's likability isn't good for you in the long run. I mean, they were Glen being dumb from having Tall Baseball Guy and Paulie, the two who look like they'll be the best at physical competitions, out in the first week. 

Frank looks awful. Steroids are a helluva drug. I bet he's not a competition beast this time. I usually don't like when they bring back people who have played before, but Frank and James are two of my favorites of all time. It'd be nice if they could have convinced two decent former female HGs to come back.There's no talent at all in those two. Fake Boobs Cheerleader and Black Girl Who's Not Da'Vonne are very attractive.  

I think there is some value in keeping some plausible deniability that the vets are working with Paulie. Maybe he can gather more info now from the other side. The tricky part will be veto though. They need Paulie to win rather than a vet or Nicole. Paulie down, Victor or Paul up makes the most sense. I think Nicole will throw it so she doesn't have to decide about taking Paulie down, especially if she honestly believes she has the votes to send Jozea home. 

If someone else wins, I cant think of many people who would take down Jozea. Bigger worry is just keeping them the same and Paul rallying the newbies to send Paulie home. Even that isn't the end of the world for Nicole though, and you could argue it's better for Corey/Tiffany. 
All of this is just overplaying things early.  You want to start the social game and get Paulie on your side?  Fine - but this "blood on my hands" and wheeling and dealing right now is kind of pointless and almost making Paul's job easier.  

There has to be 3 people you could be fine with going home and there's no need to make it some big strategy.  Just say you have to pick two people and unfortunately it's them. 

Haven't checked in on this show in a couple years, but this seems to be a special group of dumb.  Who thinks it's a good idea to go around proudly announcing targets in week 1?  The older black chick doesn't seem all that bright either.

Haven't checked in on this show in a couple years, but this seems to be a special group of dumb.  Who thinks it's a good idea to go around proudly announcing targets in week 1?  The older black chick doesn't seem all that bright either.
But, but, she's aligning with the other chocolate drop.

I just don't understand putting your ally up...pawns this early?

You're taking away a vote.

Just put up the freaking newbie messiah and his best friend Victor or Beardsley and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread