What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Noah's Ark Replica in Kentucky (1 Viewer)

Ham runs a Christian ministry dedicated to spreading Creationism. He believes in a literal interpretation of the book of Genesis, insisting a 600-year-old Noah was commanded by God to build an ark and then, "Together with his sons, his wife, and his sons' wives, Noah went into the ark because of the waters of the flood."
"It's the biggest timber frame structure in the world," the Ark's founder, Ken Ham, told me on the top deck of the Ark -- which will include an upscale restaurant.
:lmao:

"It's definitely an evangelical tool," Ham told me. "We didn't build this just to be entertainment like Disney. We built it for religious purposes."
:lmao: :lmao:

I'd like to see how seaworthy that bad boy is.  Unfortunately, to see that, a lot of good folks would end up perishing because it would take a flood of biblical proportions to ever get that thing to water.
I'm sure it'll only take Ham and his children - who will have an awful time getting the feces produced over the side - not to mention the smell.

This is a slightly more modern version, taking that into consideration...

Sheep carrier

I used to work with an older sailor, who said that the worst place on earth to be was downwind from one of those puppies in the Red Sea

I was going to say that no way that thing could have been built with the technology of the day.  Then I remembered the pyramids and I guess it's actually possible. 

I was going to say that no way that thing could have been built with the technology of the day.  Then I remembered the pyramids and I guess it's actually possible. 
There are other complications that mean that Noah\s ark is a myth and nothing more

Apparently they put a rudder on that thing that wasn't actually developed for many centuries after the ark reportedly existed. 

Bill Nye visited the Ark Encounter today... Ken Ham's blog

On the first deck, I asked him, before a crowd of people including many young people, if I could pray with him and was able to pray for him there. Our prayer is that what he saw will have an impact on him and that he will be drawn to the gospel of Jesus Christ that is clearly presented at the Ark.
I wonder if God will answer that prayer.

I wonder if they have two Titanosaurs in the Ark?  I'm sure Noahs ark had enough room for those, they were only 120+ feet long.

I'd like to see how seaworthy that bad boy is.  Unfortunately, to see that, a lot of good folks would end up perishing because it would take a flood of biblical proportions to ever get that thing to water.
Pretty sure smaller scale models have been made and tested. From what I recall, it's practically unsinkable, but is completely at the mercy of the tides/currents/whatever as far as travel goes.

Speaking of seaworthy, we need a live feed of the crowd entering this classy venue. 

Call it Swollen Jort Cam.

I wonder if they have two Titanosaurs in the Ark?  I'm sure Noahs ark had enough room for those, they were only 120+ feet long.
First off, with your family connections you could just ask your brother, unless there has been some sort of falling out, which would make an interesting thread unto itself, and second, given the length of their necks they just held their heads above water.

I have no problems with tax incentives, they do that for everybody. - I don't see the 'free land' part though, where is that coming from?

Could we maybe get an actual scientist or engineer to talk about this?
William Sanford "Bill" Nye[2] (born November 27, 1955), popularly known as Bill Nye the Science Guy, is an American science educator, television presenter, and mechanical engineer. He is best known as the host of the PBS children's science show Bill Nye the Science Guy (1993–1998), and for his many subsequent appearances in popular media as a science educator. Currently, he is the CEO of The Planetary Society.
The more you know... da da da daaaaaaa.

Users who are viewing this thread