What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, NE (1 Viewer)

I read somewhere that Bouye would be on Brown more than Ramsey, who would be on Martavis most of the time. Schefter reported a little while ago that Bryant will play today.

Sounds like Aaron Colvin will be on Juju when he's on the field, he's no slouch either. None of the three WR's have a favorable match up in my opinion, but it sounds like Martavis will get the worst of it.
Martavis is the RWR which means he’ll see Bouye.

JuJu is the Slot Guy he’ll be lined up against Colvin.

Brown is on the left he’ll face Ramsey.

Jacksonville has only run shadow coverage once this year. Last week Ramsey shadowed Kearse who he pretty much shut down holding him to 2 catches on 4 targets for 14 yds and zero TDs.

Tex

Smith-Schuster played 65-of-79 snaps (82 percent) Week 5 against the Jaguars.

With Eli Rogers a healthy scratch and Martavis Bryant struggling, Smith-Schuster is making his case as the No. 2 option in the passing game, and he has not out-snapped Bryant three weeks in a row. He has caught 7-of-10 targets for 105 yards and a touchdown the last two games, and it is possible his role continues to grow. He is worth a speculative add in most leagues.

CHOO CHOO FOR JUJU !!!!

Ben Roethlisberger reportedly hinted the Steelers could give Martavis Bryant "a break" this week against the Chiefs.

Slot receiver Eli Rogers is expected to be active for the first time since Week 3, a move which would allow JuJu Smith-Schuster to takes snaps away from Bryant on the outside. It does not sound like Bryant is going to be benched completely, but he could see his role scaled back. Already struggling to return fantasy value before this news, Bryant does not look like a viable fantasy option this week. Of course, he is always just one play away from a good fantasy day.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Oct 12 - 10:17 AM

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me that they may be wanting to mix in some more short intermediate plays into the offense to help Ben get into a rhythm and help open up the offense a bit.  I've watched a decent amount of the Steeler offense this season and have seen Bryant just miss out on some big plays.   Most notably week one on a streak that would've been a long TD that was slightly overthrown (although Bryant maybe could've caught it but would've been an impressive play).   The following week he was targeted in the endzone on a contested catch, but the db made a play on the ball.   I still have hope for Bryant this season and am hoping what I'm seeing is continuing to shake off some rust and trying to rekindle chemistry with Ben.  

You knew a shake up was coming after last week. Will be interesting to see how it settles. There is opportunity here for JJSS to make waves.

Pleased with what I'm seeing from JuJu so far. If I didn't already own him almost everywhere, I'd be looking to get more shares. Window to buy could close pretty quickly.

Well Bryant just requested a trade 
I don't think this materializes. How many teams are going to send a draft pick for a WR who has been underperforming, coming off a 1 year suspension, 1 strike away from being out for another full season, and is due to be a FA in 2018? Kind of foolish on Bryant's part to request that trade so early into the season after missing 2016. That may rub some teams on the fence about him the wrong way.

Eli Rogers being active this week hurt Juju just as much as it hurt Bryant. Juju saw his lowest snaps count since week 2 and his lowest target total since week 1. 

The sheet updated for this week?
Yeah and it's much of the same. Juju saw his lowest snap count since week 1 of the season. As the slot guy, I imagine he's being hurt by the fact that PIT is pounding the rock with Bell. You'll notice that Juju's targets/snaps run inverse to Bell's utilization totals.  

The sheet updated for this week?
SSND spread sheet

I see one error here in regards to Bryants targets last week. He had 2 targets, the spreadsheet reads 3 targets.

For snap counts of all Steelers players those can be found here which is a bit quicker than going through all the weekly game books.

Bryant has played 52% or more of the snaps in every game this year as I was just talking about in the Justin Hunter thread. Someone is going to get more playing time as Bryants replacement. Best bets are JuJu, Hunter, DHB and Rodgers. I list Rodgers last here because he is a smaller WR who doesn't have a profile similar to Bryant. JuJu, Hunter and DHB seem more suited for that type of role in the offense.

SSND spread sheet

I see one error here in regards to Bryants targets last week. He had 2 targets, the spreadsheet reads 3 targets.

For snap counts of all Steelers players those can be found here which is a bit quicker than going through all the weekly game books.

Bryant has played 52% or more of the snaps in every game this year as I was just talking about in the Justin Hunter thread. Someone is going to get more playing time as Bryants replacement. Best bets are JuJu, Hunter, DHB and Rodgers. I list Rodgers last here because he is a smaller WR who doesn't have a profile similar to Bryant. JuJu, Hunter and DHB seem more suited for that type of role in the offense.
2 targets, 1 carry. It's why I created the market share sheet. 

Yeah and it's much of the same. Juju saw his lowest snap count since week 1 of the season. As the slot guy, I imagine he's being hurt by the fact that PIT is pounding the rock with Bell. You'll notice that Juju's targets/snaps run inverse to Bell's utilization totals.  
Makes sense; probably running two WR sets while Bell gets his 35 ouches, and JuJu spends, what, 75% of his snaps in the slot?

2 targets, 1 carry. It's why I created the market share sheet. 
Ah my misunderstanding there then. Carry on.

I do like your spread sheet better than the PFR because I see everything all at once, and thanks for sharing it. PFR requires a bit more searching around on my part, though still better than trying to cross reference many different sheets in the game books.

Starting him this week in one league due to byes and injuries. Let's hope he is out of concussion protocol soon.

Pleased with what I'm seeing from JuJu so far. If I didn't already own him almost everywhere, I'd be looking to get more shares. Window to buy could close pretty quickly.
.....aaaaaand it's shut.

Obviously he's not going to go for 200 yards very often in his career, but he seems pretty legit. Let's just hope he stays healthy.

My opponent was between Amendola (14 yards), Kearse (also 14 yards), and this guy.

I bet you can guess who he chose.

Gotta give FBG projectors some props - they had JuJu at average #19 WR in PPR this week.  

Why?

I'm sure you know the Steelers much better than I do, but from what I can tell they went out of their way to get this guy more involved in the offense. Seems to be something that will be sustainable.
Thinking the same thing. Not the 200 yards part, but he still had 100 yards without the 97 yard TD. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but its very hard to see him sliding back in behind Bryant again. He was better tonight than Bryant has been since 2015. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Bryant was dealt tomorrow, now that Pittsburgh knows what they have in JuJu.

Yeah I don't mean he will have 200 yard games frequently obviously. 

But 7-8 targets a game seems in the cards no?

Oh I see. Steelers fans think this is just a temporary benching of Bryant who will return to the line up after this week.

Not so sure about that.

You've been beating the drum for a while. Thanks. I picked up a bunch of shares in my Devy leagues and am loving where things are going. He looks like he could have legit WR1 potential if things fall the right way. 

Its hard to believe he can't even drink at a bar yet.  He's only going to get better and is already becoming a fan favorite.  Hines Ward 2.0

Users who are viewing this thread