What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Civilization VI - Oct. 2016 (1 Viewer)

There would be many games where I would be exploring and bump into a certain civ(s) and just quit and start a different game.
Your Civ is growing nicely, has access to a lot of resources, and is parked next to a militaristic city-state that will farm you units until kingdom come if you let it.

"You have met Mongolia"

"MOTHER ####ER"

*You click on "Start New Game"*

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Civ is growing nicely, has access to a lot of resources, and is parked next to a militaristic city-state that will farm you units until kingdom come if you let it.

"You have met Mongolia"

"MOTHER ####ER"

*You click on "Start New Game"*
:lmao:

Really.. REALLY wish it was this weekend seeing as the Vikings are on their Bye week.. Would have just put the NFL on as "background" noise and, well, one more turn!! :)
And with Gopher hockey on a bye (well, exhibition game against the U18 squad).  There's no MN sports this weekend and I have to wait until next weekend to get my Civ6 on.

But then next weekend, the Vikings are back and the Gophers play SCSU home and away.  That's a busy weekend without the Civ6 release!

Guess I'm just going to have to take up crack smoking next weekend to maximize gaming and sports time.

ETA: Well the Wild are back this weekend, so there's that.

1 week :excited:

You all pre-ordering and downloading, or Box??

My plan right now is to head over to Walmart EARLY Friday morning to buy the box.. Steam at times has had a hard time dealing with "massive" downloads and I don't want to take the chance of "All servers are busy at the moment" .. 

My plan right now is to head over to Walmart EARLY Friday morning to buy the box.. Steam at times has had a hard time dealing with "massive" downloads and I don't want to take the chance of "All servers are busy at the moment" .. 
I'll be waiting for reviews prior to purchase...mainly from this thread...

Download hacked copy and try it out. If its good, buy it off steam.

I don't preorder. It's bad practice. I can't tell on a game like Civ if I'll like it in 2 hours to maintain refund eligibility typically, so I'll wait for a review and/or try it through other methods. If I like it, THEN I'll buy it.

I don't know if a possible universe exists where I don't like a Civ game, but it wouldn't be one I'd want to live in.
I guess there's always the possibility it's a massive cluster like the last SimCity but reviews have been good and the company has a great reputation, unlike EA for example. I know I was upset that V had to go thru Steam the last go around, but I got over it and learned to change with the times.

I guess there's always the possibility it's a massive cluster like the last SimCity but reviews have been good and the company has a great reputation, unlike EA for example. I know I was upset that V had to go thru Steam the last go around, but I got over it and learned to change with the times.
yeah, steam sucks...

Pre-ordered the digital deluxe version through Steam.  I'm sure we'll be able to download it a couple days in advance and then it will unlock on 10/21.

I don't preorder. It's bad practice. I can't tell on a game like Civ if I'll like it in 2 hours to maintain refund eligibility typically, so I'll wait for a review and/or try it through other methods. If I like it, THEN I'll buy it.
There are some games that I'll wait on.  I do not wait for Firaxis or Bethesda games.  If it looks good from them, they can just take my money.

Public service announcement. ... or plea if you please... 

Anyone that pre-ordered.... could you please bump this thread if the download becomes available before next Friday?

I'll skip the box buy IF the download from Steam is available before Friday.. 

:thanks:

Anyone that pre-ordered.... could you please bump this thread if the download becomes available before next Friday?

I've got your back, GB.  I only check daily.  The wait for this game is driving me crazy since I've seen pre-release gameplay.

I've probably watched about 30 hours of pre-release stuff. :bag:  

From their facebook page today:

Eric Senske When will steam all the download? Aztecs, Vikings, Americans tend to be my top 3
Like · Reply · 3 hrs

https://www.facebook.com/civ/?rc=p

Sid Meier’s Civilization Preload, along with details on unlock times are coming soon.
Like · Reply · 2 · 3 hrs

I've got your back, GB.  I only check daily.  The wait for this game is driving me crazy since I've seen pre-release gameplay.

I've probably watched about 30 hours of pre-release stuff. :bag:  
:hifive: and yea.. I've watched many videos and spent way to much time on review sites that have details on the gameplay itself.

hmmmmm.. Steam changed the "Release Date":

Release Date: Oct 20, 2016

Available: October 20
This game will unlock in approximately 4 days

Not sure if that is just the "download" date or what :confused:

ETA.. Did some more research.. It unlocks at Midnight EST on the 21st, which would be 11pm CST.. :thumbup:

Is there a checker you can run on a laptop to see if it meets spec?
Not that I'm aware of.. Just what you posted in the thread.. Normally, at least with other versions, you can drop the settings down if your system isn't up to the task. :mellow:

Minimum
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i3 2.5 Ghz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 Ghz or greater 
MEMORY: 4 GB RAM 
HARD DRIVE: 12 GB or more 
DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation 
VIDEO CARD: 1 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 5570 or nVidia 450) 

What's not clear to me is video card requirements.  I don't see a clear way to check mine to those reqs.

Download complete.  Doesn't look like my work laptop will be able to run it.  Guess I'll just leave Civ5 on it for travel.  That's fine.

My desktop laughs at your silly requirements.

My laptop Passed everything except Video:

Dedicated Video RAM 1 GB  Yours    736.1 MB

Close enough.. As I said previously, I'm guessing there will be options to "dumb down" the graphics if it runs to slow. :mellow:

My video card wasn't powerful enough.  I'll have to give it a whirl before my next trip and see if I like Civ6 dumbed down to my laptop's video card.

There's gotta be some way I can play this game now.  Any reddit or hacker tips to play the game.  I mean, it's on my hard drive!!!

:rant:

My desktop doesn't even come close to being able to run this game.  I don't think there is any way I can get one that does any time soon.  Guess I will just have to stare at the package for several months.

:sadbanana:

My plan is to use tomorrow to watch all leader videos on civ's youtube page and then read up on them from that site I linked before. That way I am set to start and go without wasting any seconds when it goes live :)

My plan is to use tomorrow to watch all leader videos on civ's youtube page and then read up on them from that site I linked before. That way I am set to start and go without wasting any seconds when it goes live :)
I like the cut of your jib.

Users who are viewing this thread