What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My house just lost all value, wife currently looking at houses (1 Viewer)

AcerFC

Footballguy
Without turning this into a tldr type post, allow me to post some history first. Ill make it quick. 

Where I live we have a group of religious fanatics called Hasidics. I am Jewish myself so no anti semistism here. But without sounding too Hitlery, they are like rats. They infiltrate and have 15 kids. So they need a lot of land. And on that land they build high density housing. We are talking Monsey, New Square, Kiryas Joel for the googlers. They will even take over the school board and ruin the district despite all of their kids going to private school. @zamboni can confirm this. 

Ok, back to me. The Hasidic community wanted to annex 500 acres of land to build high density housing. We are talking close to a million, maybe more people living there. Despite paying off politicians, they did not get the 500, only 150. So they are buying every available house on the market trying to force people to accept the annexation. 

A Hasidic family just bought a house on my cul de sac. Only 8 houses on the block. I will never be able to sell to anyone not Hasidic and they will wait us out. Our neighbor has already put their house on the market and the house that sold has not even closed yet. This will not end well for us. 

My wife and I are both teachers with 17 @ 16 years in our districts. It's not so simple to jump ship. 

What are my options. I can't even move to the district I teach in because their takeover is even further along with talks of schools being closed due to lack of enrollment. 

And im not doing anything illegal like burning swastikas into their grass. This just sucks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not put the house on the market for well above what you owe and what you think its worth?  Whats the negative of that and why do you think what you described in your post is goign to be bad for property owners?  Sounds like the opposite to me, they are creating demand.

Obviouusly getting a land use attorney would be wise.  As you may not be able to legally stop them from "taking over" the neighborhood through buying up properties, you may need to play hardball business wise.  For example, if you appear to them any legitimate threat to their plans, it may be in their interest to pay you fair (or even fair + a small vig) price for your land.

Second, the sad reality is that it is far too easy in most states to throw up a frivolous law suit to stop land development. You won't stop things, but you could create enough delay and hassle for them to pay you to go away. i.e. do they get sued, multiple times, extending their chance to redevelop or rezone the area to high density by 2, 4 even more years or do they say just pay you, buy your property and get you out of the way.

Why not put the house on the market for well above what you owe and what you think its worth?  Whats the negative of that and why do you think what you described in your post is goign to be bad for property owners?  Sounds like the opposite to me, they are creating demand.
Yes, I'm confused by this too.  If there are tons of Hasidic people trying to move into your neighborhood, why wouldn't they want to buy your house?

We are talking essentially about a religious cult. They care for NO one other than their own community. In fact, are quite willing to do harm to anyone else, not for protection sake, but to advance their own personal agendas.  

Best chance is to hope for Messiach to return asap and get on with whatever happens after the Joyful Return.  

I would love to post many things but I think you hit it on the head, fanatics and every religion has them. If it's New York or Los Angeles area, you probably will get a fair market price from someone. 

It's not an issue of selling to hasidics. But if you were hasidic, and knew people wanted out of their block, would you pay market, above market or below. They can now strongarm people into selling well below market. 

Koya is correct in their advancement of their own with zero regard for anyone else

To the sell crowd, I didnt do a good enough job of explaining that my wife and I want to keep our jobs. We can not move anywhere within the vicinity because they are taking over all of Rockland county. 

That leaves us with Bergen NJ and we can not afford that

To the sell crowd, I didnt do a good enough job of explaining that my wife and I want to keep our jobs. We can not move anywhere within the vicinity because they are taking over all of Rockland county. 

What about Alpine? I hear it is up and coming.

I have family that live in New City and a grandfather in a facility in the Palisades, I think you're overreacting a little. You want to see taking over? Go to Boro Park, I wouldn't live there for free.

Or go to Brooklyn Costco on a Sunday afternoon. You couldn't get me in there for a free 70" 4k OLED (which you'd think they're giving away based on the crowds).

What about moving to somewhere in mid-Orange county? ####... nice place in Sullivan, and you can hop on 17 to get to work...

No income taxes in Florida, come on down. Better weather/no snow, we need teachers, Jewish friendly, oh you hate it now but just wait til you get here  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Im still confused. They want you out...so what? Dont be afraid to involve the authorities anytime they try to threaten or intimidate you. If it gets to the point they really want you out, they should have no problem paying more than the house is worth. 

I got really caught up in reading about Kiryas Joel on Wikipedia and the like a few weeks ago.  Fascinating and strange.  Good luck, Acer.  Maybe just move permanently to your beach house.....

I have family that live in New City and a grandfather in a facility in the Palisades, I think you're overreacting a little. You want to see taking over? Go to Boro Park, I wouldn't live there for free.

Or go to Brooklyn Costco on a Sunday afternoon. You couldn't get me in there for a free 70" 4k OLED (which you'd think they're giving away based on the crowds).
Dude, I grew up in New City. Parents are still there. They are coming down from New Square. 

Might be a good time to buy that 6 foot life size crucifix to put in the front yard. Also you should start flying a Southern Rebel flag and hang an NRA member sign in your front window so everyone can see. Get a rottweiler and keep it loose chained to the front tress. 

Those 3 things should send a clear message. 

Have you talked to your neighbors?  Is anyone else looking to sell?  Seems if the other 7 of you stand pat it will be okay for now. 

Might be a good time to buy that 6 foot life size crucifix to put in the front yard. Also you should start flying a Southern Rebel flag and hang an NRA member sign in your front window so everyone can see. Get a rottweiler and keep it loose chained to the front tress. 

I would put up a barb wire fence around the perimeter and have your fireplace going 24/7

Yeah, that would only embolden the Hasids.  I mean, say what you want, but this is not a group that backs down.

Users who are viewing this thread