What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB DeAndre Washington, Dolphins (1 Viewer)

Has been getting 6-8 touches weekly and has been productive with them.. Haven't seen any Raiders games. Any chance to  get more and start ahead of Murray?

I think so.  He's basically splitting with murray now.  
50-29-23 (J Richard)

Last game touches: 10-8-3

Yesterday's offensive snap counts: 34-10-15

Week 3 was 11-7-7

and

31-18-13

Washington is splitting with Richard, but Murray is still getting 50-60% of snaps and the plurality of touches.

50-29-23 (J Richard)

Last game touches: 10-8-3

Yesterday's offensive snap counts: 34-10-15

Week 3 was 11-7-7

and

31-18-13

Washington is splitting with Richard, but Murray is still getting 50-60% of snaps and the plurality of touches.
They should run the ball more 

I'm guessing game flow? 3 of their 4 games have been shootouts. 21st in att, 2nd to CLE in YPC
Yeah their defense is awful.  You have a good line and good rbs.  Hide your defense with your offense.  Them and the saints drive me crazy 

I originally drafted Washington as Murray's handcuff. After the first week I dropped him because, if a team has two handcuffs, they have zero. Nothing that's happened since has dissuaded me from that belief. Murray is clearly the leader in that backfield, and as long as Richard and Washington (and Olawaze) keep splitting up the scraps, none of the backups have value.

I originally drafted Washington as Murray's handcuff. After the first week I dropped him because, if a team has two handcuffs, they have zero. Nothing that's happened since has dissuaded me from that belief. Murray is clearly the leader in that backfield, and as long as Richard and Washington (and Olawaze) keep splitting up the scraps, none of the backups have value.
I don't think it's going to stay like that.  Guess we will see

Why wouldn't it stay like that? They seem happy with what all their RB's bring to the table. If Murray were to go down you think Washington is the bellcow all the sudden? It's gonna take multiple in juries for any of these guys to be more than a flex play.

How do you think it will change?

I haven't really had a chance to watch the Raiders this year, but from a football perspective, the current arrangement seems to be working OK for the team. They have four guys who have all been producing, and they're not overusing anyone. More importantly, they're 3-1. Why would they switch?

Just picked up deandre over jalen but no clue really which is the better one at this point ...

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/343861/report-latavius-murray-is-pretty-banged-up

According to Vic Tafur of the SF Chronicle, Latavius Murray emerged from Sunday's win over the Ravens "pretty banged up."
Murray didn't practice on Wednesday and was listed with a toe injury. It's unclear how Murray got so banged up on his lightest touch total (10) of the season in Week 4, but CSN Bay Area's Scott Bair passed along word that Murray has been sporting a walking boot on his foot for the past few days. Murray is shaping up as truly questionable for Week 5 against the Chargers. Rookie DeAndre Washington would likely get the start if Murray can't go.

Damn.  Now I am trying to decide if I should drop DeAngelo Williams for Deandre.  Not a Bell owner.  Where do you rank DeAndre going forward?  

I think this situation may be worth a high / #1 WW pick if he's not a FA.

Talented rookie already getting looks, plus toe injuries and walking boots could mean multi-week absence. With Murray looking  average so far, it could mean the job is for the taking. 

I see this shaking out as Washington being the starter, 60-70% of the carries. However, I think they split 3rd down work with the snaps favoring Richard, slightly favoring him in overall targets as well. I see Richard as their 2 minute drill guy as well as a (more) trusted resource in pass blocking. Not sure he actually is a better blocker but he seems to be utilized as that way. My money is on Washington to bring home the bacon this week but they will eat into each other. Overall, more work for Washington, similar overall snap count. They will both be on the field so they will both have a good go at proving they should be king in the castle.

short bench .5PPR league; would you drop Sproles or Ware for Washington (sorry, if this is too much personal-league-related)? 

He seemed sluggish so could be ...

Both Jalen and DeAndre are rostered in my keeper league, but both available in short bench redraft so grabbed Washington but wish I had space to grab both in redraft. :angry:

DeAndre Washington is the Raiders' likely starter for Week 5 against the Chargers.
Washington's touch share has grown every week this season, and Latavius Murray's toe injury will give the Raiders an excuse to expand Washington's role significantly versus San Diego. Washington lost a near-costly late-game fumble in last week's win over Baltimore, which would be more of a concern for Washington's playing time if committee partner Jalen Richard hadn't committed two drops. We are guessing Washington will handle 13-17 touches against the Chargers with Richard mixing in for 7-12 and Jamize Olawale possibly vulturing short-yardage work.

Oct 5 - 9:53 PM

Latavius Murray - RB -  Raiders

Why wouldn't it stay like that? They seem happy with what all their RB's bring to the table. If Murray were to go down you think Washington is the bellcow all the sudden? It's gonna take multiple in juries for any of these guys to be more than a flex play.
When you see a rookie rbs getting carries it should raise a red flag. I've been grabbing both. it's obvious the Raiders are not happy with Murray. The current situation say more about Murray than the backups.

See we just had the wrong Washington pegged for stardom 

I had drafted this guy, released him, and grabbed him actually before this news came out. Pretty excited to see what he can do. Reminds me a lot of the AZ situation a year ago. But please do not mistake that for me insinuating that the same outcome will happen for Washington. No. That is not what I'm saying. I'm just saying this shows a lot like how AZ did last year before they finally settled on a bell cow. Here's hoping Washington runs with this opportunity

red said:
if true, turf toe is a killer for RBs throughout the season...never get right without rest.
Turf toe can end NFL careers (LB Jack Lambert) but if it caught early then rest is the prescribed remedy.

If it's turf toe, I don't think Latavius would play Sunday.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/8/26/1002313/what-exactly-is-turf-toe-and

Turf toe, or Metatarsalphalangeal joint sprain, is when the joint and connective tissue between the foot and the big toe  gets injured. When a player sustains a turf toe injury, they are actually tearing the capsule that surrounds the joint at the base of the toe. Tearing this joint capsule can be extremely painful. But who cares? It's just a toe!

NFL players can play through a little pain in their toe right? Wrong. Any athlete that has to push off to gain momentum, like a sprinter, or a running back, or (gulp!) a wide receiver,  needs to push off with their toes to get that burst out of the gate...

Treatment for turf toe
As with any injury in which you are talking about joint inflammation, one must hark back to the days of high school health class and remember R.I.C.E.  If your memory of high school health class is fuzzy, we don't blame you.

- Rest
- Ice
- Compression
- Elevation

For a recent example CJ Anderson had turf toe last season and did not play well because of it, giving up playing time to Ronnie Hillman because of ineffectiveness.

Then later on in the year he recovered from it and played great.

Earlier this year Jerrick McKinnon had a toe injury although I am not sure if it was turf toe per say, it may have limited his effectiveness somewhat. He seems to be past that now and had a good game against a pretty solid Giants run defense.

Each injury and player is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in 1999 Cardinals running back Michael Pittman ran for 133 yards in week 10, then missed the next 3 weeks and 6 of the last 7 weeks with a turf toe injury. (I had him rostered and remember it) and looked it up.

metoo said:
When you see a rookie rbs getting carries it should raise a red flag. I've been grabbing both. it's obvious the Raiders are not happy with Murray. The current situation say more about Murray than the backups.
That's all fine. All I'm saying is that Washington and Richard would be splitting carries. Washington is no bellcow. He's got nice appeal in PPR.

The value for Murray was on the goal line, even if the run game does not generate much that is where DW and Richard can pay off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the three, who is actually the best all around back? That's what I want to know. 
well DW has the college pedigree having done more than Jalen ...but the eye test says they are both as good as the other so who really knows...now we may get a real taste of who is the better back  :shrug:

I don't think they know
When a team drafts 2 RBs in one year it gives a signal that they are not quite happy with their current RB situation.  When a team has their lead back from last year getting 50% of the touches this year, that is another signal that Oak is not sold on Murray.   

I have no idea how this is going to turn out but it seems like there is change coming. 

When a team drafts 2 RBs in one year it gives a signal that they are not quite happy with their current RB situation.  When a team has their lead back from last year getting 50% of the touches this year, that is another signal that Oak is not sold on Murray.   

I have no idea how this is going to turn out but it seems like there is change coming. 
Jalen Richard was undrafted

I think i saw Richard has been returning kicks or punts? I would think you wouldn't have your potential starter doing that but what do I know.

Users who are viewing this thread