What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016-17 NBA Thread: Finals are over, please go away (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who drops out of the playoffs and who moves into the playoffs in each conference?

West

Drop Out

Dallas, Houston, and Memphis.

Moves In

Minnesota, Utah, and New Orleans.

I am on the fence about Dallas or Portland.

Seeds in order

Thunder

Warriors

Spurs

Jazz

Clippers

Trailblazers

Pelicans

T-Wolves

Thunder over T-Wolves in 5

Warriors over Pelicans in 6                  Thunder over Clippers in 6              

Spurs over Trailblazers in 5                                                                      Spurs over Thunder in 7

Clippers over the Jazz in 6                    Spurs over the Warriors in 7

East

Drops out

Hornets, Heat

Moves in

Magic, Knicks

Seeds in order

Cavs

Celtics

Raptors

Hawks

Pacers

Pistons

Magic

Knicks

Cavs over Knicks in 4

Pacers over Hawks in 6               Cavs over Pacers in 6

Pistons over Raptors in 6                                                    Cavs over Celtics in 6

Celtics over Magic in 6       Celtics over Pistons in 5

Spurs over Cavs in 6 with Cavs having home court.

Last edited by a moderator:
By 2030 we'll be calling him Ben 10 because that's how many titles Ben Simmons will win with the Sixers.

Spurs over Trailblazers in 5                                                                      Spurs over Thunder in 7

Clippers over the Jazz in 6                    Spurs over the Warriors in 7

Spurs over Cavs in 6 with Cavs having home court.
I don't see how the Spurs pull this off without picking up a key piece in free agency or Leonard and Aldridge making a big leap in their games.  The team we saw last season was really good, but not beat the Warriors, Spurs and OKC good.  At least not in the playoffs.

thunder over spurs

cavs over zards 

cavs win again. 

Durant MVP 

hield Roy 
I think Hield is going to be a big disappointment. I was much higher on Bender and Murray for the Nuggets. Dunn was a fine prospect as well, just didn't fit with Mudiay. I'm kind of blown away that people view Hield as a better prospect than Murray.

I don't see how the Spurs pull this off without picking up a key piece in free agency or Leonard and Aldridge making a big leap in their games.  The team we saw last season was really good, but not beat the Warriors, Spurs and OKC good.  At least not in the playoffs.
It is just a guess and I think they make a couple of moves that get them over the top.

So much cap space and not enough quality free agents.  It's going to be an interesting offseason. I wonder how many teams will purposefully stay below the minimum for 2017.

Nate Duncan is doing another mock offseason. Part 1 is 2 hours, Part 2 hasn't dropped yet. Duncan's playing the part of players, and three other guys have split up the teams: Leroux, Pelton, and someone else.

Real great/nerdy stuff, and a good refresher on various contract permutations.

DurantOdds:

OKC -400

GS +1000

SA +1500

Field: +3000

Nate Duncan is doing another mock offseason. Part 1 is 2 hours, Part 2 hasn't dropped yet. Duncan's playing the part of players, and three other guys have split up the teams: Leroux, Pelton, and someone else.

DurantOdds:

OKC -400

GS +1000

SA +1500

I powered through 2 hours earlier. Talk about nerd nation. I love it.

DurantOdds:

OKC -400

GS +1000

SA +1500

Second part is out 

Kind of hoping Horford does leave - he's been a really good guy and I root for him like crazy but I think he's on the decline and don't want to pay him what he'll probably get.  I'm not too excited about the Teague move - neither he nor Schroeder are good enough to complain about each other (IMO).  Hawks have to figure out a way to attract a big-time FA but it's not happening.

Remember when Lakers fans used to argue that big free agents still signed there?  Now, not only do big ones not sign there, they don't even consider going there. :lol:  
Define "big".  Because I'm fairly certainly LA is going to land a couple of big FA's this and next off season.  

Team USA is out. I lined them up by what I think the depth chart will be  

G: Irving, Klay, Butler, Lowry

C: Boogie!, Jordan

F: Durant, Carmelo, George, Draymond

Guys there to get the Zika virus so the good players don't: Barnes, DeRozan

Fun to think of a end of game lineup of Irving, Butler, Draymond, Durant and George. Geez.

Predictions:

Durant - OKC

Whiteside - LAL

Derozan - Toronto

Parsons - Rockets

Dirk - Mavs

D. Williams - Memphis

Conley - Spurs

Howard - Knicks

Lin - Sixers

Bizmack - Toronto

Pau - Warriors

Last edited by a moderator:
Team USA is out. I lined them up by what I think the depth chart will be  

G: Irving, Klay, Butler, Lowry

C: Boogie!, Jordan

F: Durant, Carmelo, George, Draymond

Guys there to get the Zika virus so the good players don't: Barnes, DeRozan

Fun to think of a end of game lineup of Irving, Butler, Draymond, Durant and George. Geez.
Melo will be closing out games for USA. He does exceedingly well in the international format. He'll start and finish games as the PF, and is probably the 2nd best player, behind Durant.

Shocked to find no stupid enthralling comparisons between James and Jordan here yet. I really love those conversations.

I don't think this is all that far-fetched. They need another big signing as part of their pitch though.

All the predictions for next season have to be on hold until Durant signs as whatever team signs him probably becomes the favorite.

Any of the top teams are going to have to make some drastic moves to make room to sign him (except OKC of course). I know there are some compelling arguments for the Warriors to wait until next year, but I don't know if that same reasoning holds true for SAS and LAC.
Unless Boston has a big trade or two lined up, and based on the way they struck out during the last two drafts on that front a trade doesn't seem likely, they don't present anywhere close to the opportunity to win a title that the top 3 teams in the West do. It's interesting to me that BOS even got a meeting. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread