What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016-17 NBA Thread: Finals are over, please go away (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two days into the offseason and we already have our first entrant in the "best shape of my life" contest:

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/julius-randle-body-transformation-3-weeks/#lAYLVSIQ2rfVb5BE.97
LOL I always love these. They are athletes should've they always be in the "Best shape of my life" the whole year? No excuse. A lot of these guys get paid enough to get personal trainers and maybe even their own personal chiefs and a gym. Unless youre naive and have this huge ego that you can just get by on talent. 

How many minutes total did Irving play in the 2015 Finals?  Is it possible the user's intent was to discuss the entire Finals and not just Game 1?

Green missing Game 5 of the 2016 was his own fault.  He got suspended because of his own on-court actions.  It's not like he was a victim or unlucky.  Equating that with an injury is low-level thinking.

I get that Love is a polarizing player.  As a group, followers of the game can't seem to agree if he's a good player or not.  But you seem to waffle on Love depending on what narrative you are pushing at the time.  We had to put up with you hurling insults at anyone who suggested anything other than Green's suspension was the reason CLE won the Finals last year (even when users parroted back your own arguments and analysis about that Finals), and now you're claiming Love's concussion was a bigger deal than Green's suspension because another user claimed Love was good.  You can't seem to make up your mind.
You are wasting a lot of time responding to everything I post.

No not at all. Simmons Defense was horrific in college and he can't shoot outside of 15 feet. If the Sixers added shooters around them and better defenders maybe but it all depends on who's added. Plus you'd need to beat the Cavs first. I think people are focusing too much on Simmons as a playmaker. Yeah he's gonna help the offense in that way but what he does to help the offense won't do them any favors on the other end. My issues with Simmons are always gonna be his attitude (Seemed very disinterested in games the team was losing, not obeying coaches etc), his shooting Mechanics and def. Offensively possible one of the better playmaking Point Forwards when it comes to passing 
was a joke  :kicksrock:

in all honesty, if i think what i want most from the Sixers next year is a year if minimal injuries, and any injury that occurs it is well articulated by the medical staff, handled appropriately, and ensures re-injury will most likely not occur. I think if the team is healthy, and Embiid plays significant minutes for 60-65 games, they will be competitive and enjoyable to watch. With the Lakers pick next year, it will be nice to watch them in Feb-March-April, and not have to be conflicted with wanting them to lose some more and fight for a better lottery pick. 

If they are healthy (which is obviously a big key), i think making the playoffs would be realistic as a 6-8th seed. They have the potential to be even better then that, but I think Simmons will take some time to gel on the floor with the team, and this draft pick will likely be on the floor quite a bit too. 

1) As for the points about the team, i don't think SImmons will be a liability on defense. With Covington and Embiid you already have foundation for defense. draft pick with effect this, but even if not, i think a healthy Covington and Embiid leave this team with a top 15-18 defense.  

2) And i have been hearing everybody talk about how bad the Sixers need shooters, but Jarod Bayless isn't a slouch with shooting and can be depended on for 40% 3 point shooting i think. If Furkan is on the team this year (which i don't think will occur, more likely next year), the guy is a quality shooter. Obvious transition to NBA and everything, but there is no reason to not think he won't be a quality shooter in the league when he balks up a little and joins the team

3) Simmons has some questions like you elude to, but the guy hasn't been in a regular season game yet. Let's take a look first before we start making conclusions here. I am not concerned about an apathetic attitude playing at LSU. He is young, and i would assume he will mature and the Sixers have a good enough organization to not allow a bad attitude to rot the team out.

I think he wants a new challenge. The Warriors aren't going to be making a lot of changes over the next few years. Also lends a little gravitas to a team that will be looking to sign LeBron next year.

Thanks Jerry and good luck.
Yeesh for a guy pushing 80 years old. He doesn't back down from any challenges. God Bless him!

I think he wants a new challenge. The Warriors aren't going to be making a lot of changes over the next few years. Also lends a little gravitas to a team that will be looking to sign LeBron next year.

Thanks Jerry and good luck.
Put his foot down about GS not trading Thompson for Love. GB him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread