What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Republicans Uncomfortable With Trump - How Will You Vote? (1 Viewer)

IF YOU WOULD NORMALLY VOTE REPUBLICAN BUT YOU'RE UNCOMFORTABLE VOTING FOR DONALD TRUMP, how will you

• Vote Trump and gladly support the party

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Vote Trump and reluctantly support the party

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Vote Trump but hold my nose doing it to support the party

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Vote Clinton

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Vote for an alternate candidate that isn't Trump or Clinton

Votes: 47 43.9%
  • Refrain from voting

Votes: 15 14.0%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Good discussion in the other thread about people who normally vote Republican but are uncomfortable with Trump.

Thought I might make it a pole.

So let's hear it.

NOTE: This is only for a very specific person. Please only vote here if this applies to you:

YOU'RE SOMEONE WHO WOULD NORMALLY VOTE REPUBLICAN BUT YOU'RE UNCOMFORTABLE VOTING FOR DONALD TRUMP

If you normally vote Democratic or plan to vote for Hillary Clinton, this isn't for you.

If you have already decided to vote for Donald Trump, this isn't for you.

This poll will be super easy to ruin if people start voting that don't fall into the SOMEONE WHO WOULD NORMALLY VOTE REPUBLICAN BUT YOU'RE UNCOMFORTABLE VOTING FOR DONALD TRUMP camp. So please don't vote if that's not you. I do think it'll be interesting to see what this specific group of people are thinking. Thanks.

J

Poll is Flawed. I will hold my nose & vote for Trump, but not to support the party. I'd probably vote for anyone against Hillary... except MAYBE Ted Cruz... then I might have to abstain.

I didn't vote in the poll since I would have voted L anyway.  (This time I'll either vote L or abstain).  Just chiming in to say that it's good to see you around, Joe.

Very anti-HRC here.  I'd only vote trump if he keeps her out of office.  Fingers crossed she gets indicted first.

FFA has a higher percentage of college educated than the population so the Trump voter will be underrepresented imo. He's going to end up with at least 85% of the republican vote.

100% wouldn't be enough. He's clearing women and minorities out of the room like the worst broccoli fart ever.
I've tried to explain this to the far right folks I know. I start with "Romney couldn't win, and he had measurable support (albeit small) from women & minorities. Trump has less of everything except angry old white men."

I am split between holding my nose or voting third party, and it may come down to the final polls for me. The Supreme Court is at stake, and I have to decide if I can be content letting HRC stack it.

my quip answer: i will vote for the Republican, if i can find one on the ballot

my real answer: no idea, but probably abstain/3rd party (not Gary Johnson). if Trump cannot win Texas without the votes of folks like me, then he isn't winning nationally.

I keep changing my mind.  I watched Independence Day over the weekend, so right now, Thomas Whitmore is my choice.  

I am wrestling with this decision every few days anytime someone talks to me about the election. Both of them are brutal. Just brutal.

Face in palm.

Begrudgingly voting for Trump. It comes down to what matters most to you, the voter. Tax hikes to fund entitlement programs and SC nomination power forces me to go Trump, who I did not vote for in the primary (I voted Kasich).

I think my generation (X) may finally be the breaking point for the Republicans if they don't recognize the cultural shift around them. Far more people my age and younger are moving liberally on the social issues but remain fiscally conservative. If the R's don't move, the Libertarian party might find its opening. Trump was a move even further right towards the fascist side of the party and between him and Hillary it's a no-brainer to vote for the Libertarian candidate for me.

Registered IND.

Have always voted "R" for President

I'm so sick of always voting the lesser of two evils and being #### on...

Vote.  G Johnson or Deez Nutz

I think you need an "Undecided" or "To early to know" option. That's where I'm at. Leaning Trump because of the upcoming SC pick, but really undecided. Definitely won't be HRC, Never.

To answer seriously, I'm #neverTrump and #neverHillary. I refuse to be cajoled into choosing the supposed lesser of two evils. I don't believe this election to be anything other than a pivotal moment in American history (more so than usual). I will not participate in electing either a woman with no scruples or a man with no self-awareness or intellectual curiosity. 

Right now, I'm probably voting Libertarian and hope they get 5% of the vote so they can start qualifying for matching funds to get some more voices in the discussion.

To answer seriously, I'm #neverTrump and #neverHillary. I refuse to be cajoled into choosing the supposed lesser of two evils. I don't believe this election to be anything other than a pivotal moment in American history (more so than usual). I will not participate in electing either a woman with no scruples or a man with no self-awareness or intellectual curiosity. 

Right now, I'm probably voting Libertarian and hope they get 5% of the vote so they can start qualifying for matching funds to get some more voices in the discussion.
That's exactly where I am. 

And though Gary Johnson is a whacko goofball I hope he makes it to the debates because a third voice is desperately needed. I think he probably gets millions of votes, hopefully enough to send a message that we're disgusted with these two parties right now.

And though Gary Johnson is a whacko goofball I hope he makes it to the debates because a third voice is desperately needed. I think he probably gets millions of votes, hopefully enough to send a message that we're disgusted with these two parties right now.
If Johnson somehow makes it into the debates, I promise you he won't be the biggest whacko goofball on stage. 

It's between Gary Johnson and refraining from voting for me.  I selected "refrain from voting" as of now as I haven't really educated myself on Gary Johnson, but could easily switch to voting for Gary by the time November rolls around. 

It's between Gary Johnson and refraining from voting for me.  I selected "refrain from voting" as of now as I haven't really educated myself on Gary Johnson, but could easily switch to voting for Gary by the time November rolls around. 
He not only favors pot legalization, he actually gets baked himself. I'm sold.

I will write a name in.  I acknowledge my decision is easier because I live in a state where the outcome of the election is not in doubt.  If I lived in Florida, I'd most likely have to hold my nose and vote for Trump, not because I believe he is a good candidate (I think he is the most unqualified candidate in history), but because he would be an obstacle to passing left leaning legislation.  The appointments to the SCOTUS would also weigh heavily.  I have no idea who Trump would come up with, but I know I wouldn't like the ones Hillary would nominate.

McGarnicle said:

At this point, I'd settle for a whacko goofball over a overtly corrupt woman and a vapid, blowhard man.

Still no idea. My plan right now is to not vote the top of the ticket. I could still be persuaded to pull the lever for Trump if he can show even the slightest comprehension on the basic issues by then but I doubt it will happen. I think Hillary will destroy him in the debates.

Jayded said:
I think my generation (X) may finally be the breaking point for the Republicans if they don't recognize the cultural shift around them. Far more people my age and younger are moving liberally on the social issues but remain fiscally conservative. If the R's don't move, the Libertarian party might find its opening. Trump was a move even further right towards the fascist side of the party and between him and Hillary it's a no-brainer to vote for the Libertarian candidate for me.
One thing weird about Trump is that he has actually eschewed most of the traditional push button issues for Republicans. No abortion or prayer in schools or preaching about religion, etc., and he doesn't even seem to believe in them... yet of course there is the beyond extreme Muslim ban, the anti-Mexican rhetoric, the weird attacks on women (Kelly, Fields...), which almost no national moderate or even conservative Gopper in the past would have done, at least not that explicitly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote conservative, so I'm unlikely to vote either Trump or Hillary. Probably stay home.  Any other R would have had my vote. Oh well though. Not the type to let politics bother me too much. 

At this point, I'd settle for a whacko goofball over a overtly corrupt woman and a vapid, blowhard man.
I hear stuff like this all the time. And if I were to rank these adjectives I would agree:  goofball>blowhard>corrupt.  What I don't understand is that knowing goofball has zero chance, blowhard is still > corrupt. In fact whatever adjectives that are chosen its almost always trump>>>>>>Clinton.  Why would you waist your vote?

FYI. Im still undecided. 

I hear stuff like this all the time. And if I were to rank these adjectives I would agree:  goofball>blowhard>corrupt.  What I don't understand is that knowing goofball has zero chance, blowhard is still > corrupt. In fact whatever adjectives that are chosen its almost always trump>>>>>>Clinton.  Why would you waist your vote?

FYI. Im still undecided. 
Some of us don't consider a vote for a third party to be a wasted vote. Even if Gary Johnson (or any third party candidate) is unlikely to win, he doesn't stand a chance if people refuse to vote for him based on the silly notion that he can't win.

It is circular logic to say that I won't vote for somebody because they can't win, when the only reason a person can't win is because people don't vote for them (because the voters feel like they are limited to only two choices). 

FYI. Im still undecided. 
Absent Trump being yanked from the ticket (small chance but probably unlikely), I would lean towards voting LP in the hope they get 5% and federal matching funds so that future LP candidates could have a voice in the national debate. Normally, I would agree that voting LP would be a wasted vote, but this year I don't think so. Last I saw, Johnson is getting 10% which would easily make the threshold, but I'd like to see his numbers after the conventions.

Given that I refuse to participate in a lesser of two evils debate, at this time this is my way of making my voice heard.

Some of us don't consider a vote for a third party to be a wasted vote. Even if Gary Johnson (or any third party candidate) is unlikely to win, he doesn't stand a chance if people refuse to vote for him based on the silly notion that he can't win.

It is circular logic to say that I won't vote for somebody because they can't win, when the only reason a person can't win is because people don't vote for them (because the voters feel like they are limited to only two choices). 
Head in the clouds feet on the ground brother!

Users who are viewing this thread