What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things You didn't know (1 Viewer)

The gas gauge in your car has an arrow that points to the side of the tank.

I knew that but my friend who's a car buff didn't know it until I told him last week when he pulled up on the wrong side.

I knew that but my friend who's a car buff didn't know it until I told him last week when he pulled up on the wrong side.
Wait things I don't know or things my friend doesn't know. Cause that's a different list. 

The proper pronunciation of "pubes" is 'pyoo-bees', not 'pyubz'. Look it up in the dictionary. 

I recently just learned how to open jars easily.  Just tap the edges of the lid against hard surface as u turn it 360.  Opens easy after that.

Last edited by a moderator:

"friend" lol

It's amazing how many people don't know that one.  Of course, it was easier when they were all behind the plate in the back.  You could pull up to any side of the pump.

It's amazing how many people don't know that one.  Of course, it was easier when they were all behind the plate in the back.  You could pull up to any side of the pump.
You still can pull to either side. The gas hose has a retractable line that'll let it stretch far enough to reach the cap even if you're facing the other way. One of my little joys in life is passing by all the other "left" cars waiting for a spot to open, pulling into a "right" spot, then pulling the hose all the way down and across. Bye suckers! 

That most floor cleansers are too acidic for natural stone.  Use isopropyl alcohol instead.  

Also, I didn't learn the righty-tighty lefty-loosey garden hose cheat until five years ago.  

Last edited by a moderator:
it's like monkeys developed the software
Is this really a problem for people? Click on it (on, not in) so the box is highlighted, and hit delete.

On my iPad it's even easier - I just keep hitting backspace and it deletes it.

I learned a lot about Epsom salt yesterday when a thorn got stuck deep in my finger. It's supposed to bring a foreign object to the surface. I'll report back.  

I did not know

That there were unknown unknowns

That is, the things we didn't even know that we didn't know.

That is all.  

Users who are viewing this thread